AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-23, 09:12   Link #101
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

...but, DoA has ALWAYS been about skimpy outfits, ridiculous bouncing physics, and highly suggestive themes, all from the get go.

Taking those out would be much like making games of Arc System Works about footsies, removing the ability to 100 to zero someone in Marvel vs Capcom, or suddenly killing off Ryu from Street Fighter.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 22:03   Link #102
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Interviews

http://n4g.com/tag/home/dead-or-alive-5_ps3

Also the main selling point of Dead or Alive are the babes that's why we got fanservice spin off titles like extreme beach volleyball.
But if you look at the story of DOA, it's quite good and pretty consistent.
Old 2012-06-24, 05:09   Link #103
Westlo
Lets be reality

DOA was like a more accessible version of Virtua Fighter, the big spin was the addition of the counter move. Yes they had more females characters than say VF and Tekken and yes there was some skimpy costumes (I unlocked all that shit on the PSX version back in the day) but the fanservice "aspect" of DoA wasn't really turned up until later on, especially from 3 onwards... "They kick high".

Anyway disappointed that Kyero doesn't know VF, because than he could've whined about why Sarah got included in this game instead of Jacky... even though Sarah's style is unique for DoA and Jacky's is redundant since Jann Lee practices Jeet Kune Do.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 10:19   Link #104
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
DOA was like a more accessible version of Virtua Fighter, the big spin was the addition of the counter move. Yes they had more females characters than say VF and Tekken and yes there was some skimpy costumes (I unlocked all that shit on the PSX version back in the day) but the fanservice "aspect" of DoA wasn't really turned up until later on, especially from 3 onwards... "They kick high".

Anyway disappointed that Kyero doesn't know VF, because than he could've whined about why Sarah got included in this game instead of Jacky... even though Sarah's style is unique for DoA and Jacky's is redundant since Jann Lee practices Jeet Kune Do.
Dissapointed none of you know the game Ranger-X.
Old 2012-06-24, 21:50   Link #105
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Dissapointed none of you know the game Ranger-X.
From the sega genesis? I know that game.

and speaking of Jacky. I prefer using Jacky in VF, he has faster punches and elbow rushes which is more effective, Sarah has the double flip kick and low attacks which is her advantage.
Old 2012-06-24, 22:12   Link #106
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Hoping that Eliot makes the roster
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 22:22   Link #107
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
This. Even if the fanservice was there, at least it wasn't the only thing there.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 23:14   Link #108
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Correct. The fighting mechanics, gameplay, overall design, innovation and most importantly the story is consistent in the DOA numbered series.
Old 2012-06-25, 00:06   Link #109
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I must be one of the few weird people who got into DOA not because of the girls. Played it just because there is one version of DOA on the PS2, and liked it because of the mechanic . I didn't start to love any girl until Kokoro made her debut.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:35   Link #110
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I must be one of the few weird people who got into DOA not because of the girls. Played it just because there is one version of DOA on the PS2, and liked it because of the mechanic . I didn't start to love any girl until Kokoro made her debut.
While my first introduction to the series was the Volleyball games I grew to love the series after exploring the different games. The girls are really just icing on the cake for me at this point, I find the mechanics to be very engaging and fun.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 01:47   Link #111
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Well I played it as soon as it came out on PSX in 08 because it was only available on Saturn and Arcades (And I never saw a DoA arcade in Australia) up to that point. I played every fighting game back than just like I do now, it's my fav genre of gaming period. SF Zeros, Tekkens, Bloody Roars, Soul Caliburs, Soul Edge, Virtua Fighters (mainly 2 in arcade, didn't own a Saturn), Evil Zone (sick game), MK4 on PC, DoA etc.

Also DoA 2 on PS2 was so damn fast compared to Tekken Tag.... definitely preferred it back than mainly due to that as well as the graphics. Though I do agree with GuidoHunter_Toki, the girls are mainly the icing on the cake... but the series has slipped in "quality" since the early days... seems like 5 is trying to step it up.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 20:58   Link #112
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I've always like Ayane's casual costume in DOA 2 that has a black top with a white vertical stripe down the centre and a white skirt. Haven't seen it appear in subsequent editions of the game though.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 21:10   Link #113
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Speaking of that "mechanic". Seems DOA1 started the breast physics, DOA 2 naked unlockable/hackable Kasumi as I recall, you need a PlayStation cheat code device and CD and then DOA Beach Volleyball was invented...and they became legends.

Either way before my main was Jann Lee in DOA1 'cause I loved Bruce Lee, much like in Tekken1 as well. Then Ayane was the unlockable character and DOA2 she was such a babe, she became my main and all time fav girl in DOA series.
Old 2012-06-26, 13:41   Link #114
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Wrong.

I only started playing it because my parents had no idea what video games even "were" back when I was 7. I got it because it was a fighting game, and they heard it was fun. So yea. 7 year old playing DOA2 because... because. :P
Old 2012-06-26, 17:46   Link #115
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Interviews

http://n4g.com/tag/home/dead-or-alive-5_ps3

Also the main selling point of Dead or Alive are the babes that's why we got fanservice spin off titles like extreme beach volleyball.
But if you look at the story of DOA, it's quite good and pretty consistent.
Why can't we get one of those with the guys?!? ...Just kidding

...but seriously, girl gamers out there.
Old 2012-06-26, 20:33   Link #116
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Most girl gamers out there I know play in Tekken Lily, Asuka and Julia.

Dunno why there are very few gamer girls in DOA....

Hmm....
Old 2012-06-26, 21:07   Link #117
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
Most girl gamers out there I know play in Tekken Lily, Asuka and Julia.

Dunno why there are very few gamer girls in DOA....

Hmm....
they're busy making Ryu x Hayate fanfictions >->
Old 2012-06-26, 21:24   Link #118
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
they're busy making Ryu x Hayate fanfictions >->
Probably Ein x Ryuhabusa or the Jann Lee ones...

http://sadpanda.us/images/1044034-CTHVUOK.jpg

Jann Lee - "Get Off Me You!!!"
Ein - "Ohh That felt good Jann....more~~~!!!"

They love the abs of Jann Lee and Ein. No wonder Jann Lee was the cover of DOA3
Old 2012-06-27, 19:27   Link #119
GreatTeacherKen

New male character Rig has been shown in a Famitsu magazine (he's the guy fighting Christie). There isn't much information available at the moment, but apparently he's the first Tae Kwon Do fighter in the series and he's also from Canada. He'll also be voiced by Tochi Hiroki in Japanese.

Spoiler for Rig:

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen; 2012-06-27 at 19:46.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 19:41   Link #120
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

a Hworange in DoA? count me in, he'll be my main.