AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-03-24, 17:10   Link #1
JediNight
キズランダム

Stellvia 2nd Season (Recruiting)

I'm looking to get people together for working on Stellvia 2nd Season when it comes out this fall/winter. This will be kinda like a "mercenary" group. There would be no obligation to stay on for more unless we happened to find another series everyone enjoyed.

I would be doing the encoding, so I need experienced people for the other positions -- the only other pre-requisite is that you have to love Stellvia and want to do the best job you can on it. Reply to this thread if you are interested.

-----------------
JediNight
Trying to put the FAN back in fansubs
Veteran Encoder, Fansubbing since Spring 2001

Last edited by JediNight; 2004-03-25 at 08:31.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 18:22   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

I don't get it. Is this somehow a knock on Rice-Box and whoever else did the Stellvia fansubs last time round? Because I think R-B did a marvellous job if that's what you're talking about.
Old 2004-03-24, 18:24   Link #3
JediNight
キズランダム

No its nothing to do with R-B at all, sorry if you got that impression. Stellvia 2nd season is just the next series that I *really* want to do. I have a show I really wanted to do for spring, but I'm not going to get into that here =)
Old 2004-03-24, 19:52   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I liked the job that Solar and R-B did on their respective versions. Your idea is an interesting one about bringing together people based upon love for the series rather than group formation, but the problem with it is that generally you're going to attract people who aren't well known and who don't know each other. It isn't really a problem, and it can be a good way to showcase what skills you have as well as form new friendships and ties, but you also run the risk of having an unstable team formed because of either incompatible members or, the higher risk, having certain members not meeting quality standards that other members have.

If neither R-B (now either Sugar Cube or Onigiri I suppose) nor Solar decide to sub the second series, and there aren't more than two groups subbing this series, then I'll help you out as a raw provider, if you need one.
Old 2004-03-24, 20:32   Link #5
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
I don't get it. Is this somehow a knock on Rice-Box and whoever else did the Stellvia fansubs last time round? Because I think R-B did a marvellous job if that's what you're talking about.
It sounds like he's just pissed that whatever group he's normally in picked someone else to work on some show instead of him. ;)

Though you bring up a good point, about having to work on shows you don't particularly want to. However, I just see that as being part of a group. I certainly didn't want to work on, say, Cosgayers, but the group asked me to help. When I really want to do a particular show that other people in the group may not want to do, then we still do it. If you see this as "brokering deals" (within a group, as opposed to joint projects), then you certainly shouldn't be in any particular group, because you don't have the right mindset. Going freelance like this is a decent idea, but Ledgem pretty nicely summed up my thoughts on the problems you'll face on that front.

And about joint projects: I have never once worked in a joint for deal-brokering reasons. Each joint was supposed to be a one shot deal; once the show was over, the joint was over (and with the exception of Triad, this has always been the case -- and even with Triad, we originally had no intentions of doing more than just Azumanga. We just worked so well together, we decided to continue). I would be interested in hearing stories about joints that were formed with future projects in mind (and how those joints turned out), though.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 20:43   Link #6
JediNight
キズランダム

Nah it wasn't any brokerage for future deals...
Old 2004-03-24, 20:44   Link #7
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

While We Suck didn't sub season 1 of Stellvia (and in fairness, we weren't a group when it started airing), MizuNoMike liked the show so much that he bought the DVDs and has been translating it for our university's anime club. As a result, he would certainly be both watching the show and buying the DVDs for the second season when they air and come on sale respectively. As a further result, while we normally don't claim series in advance as we don't want to commit to a show we don't know whether we like, barring a licensing announcement it's a safe bet that We Suck will be doing Stellvia season 2 if/when it comes out. (I liked the show a bunch too, so don't worry about this being a situation where a show isn't being done by its fans.) We'll also put his DVDSubber scripts for season one online once he has a chance to clean them up a little, when season two starts airing, if we do in fact sub the show.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 23:14   Link #8
Lucier
Lunar Translator

I hope to work on it Jedi...
I think it begins right when the series I'm currently TLing ends, + I really enjoyed the original...
I have nothing against rice box either, and think they did a splended job on the series ^^;... Tho rice box is no more, sadly, so I wouldn't feel bad picking up the second series... (If RB still existed, and planned to do it, then I'd feel kinda guilty... butting in is never nice =P...)
Then again, ya never know what the future holds =D
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 01:19   Link #9
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Rice-Box still exists but they are for the most part in a vegetable state...

I have a suspision that Onigiri might do it but that's only my unvalidated hunch.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 04:09   Link #10
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Heh, I was hoping something like this would happen. I want to watch the second season, not work on it, so I wish you guys luck!
This'll get a couple of good subs out for sure...

Edit: Come to think of it, if this goes ahead and you're ever in need of a timer, editor or QC, I'd be interested in helping out. I woulden't say I'm fast in anything I do though. I think you'll find my credidentials are completely out of order!
Edit: My title doesn't mean I scene bleed while timing damnit! It means I only scene bleed if you give me pancakes(women or money are also acceptable). Thank you very much -_-

Last edited by SirCanealot; 2004-03-25 at 05:16.
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 01:17   Link #11
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
<--ex ricebox umm..well too busy getting hanaukyo maid verite raws
if i had more time i would help you guys
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 09:24   Link #12
wao
OK.

That's great. I wasn't a big fan of Stellvia but I'm interested in seeing what the second season would hold. But you might have to wait a long itme; according to Moon Phase, you'll have to wait till 2005 :P

edit: lol, Rice-Box in a vegetable state... what is this, lunch?

Last edited by wao; 2004-03-26 at 09:57.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 09:54   Link #13
subcool
Arienai Co-Founder

Send a message via ICQ to subcool Send a message via AIM to subcool
you KNOW i wanna work on that too Jedi =p
and you know what i can do lol
subcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 10:04   Link #14
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

2005!? I heard it was airing 3rd quarter this year.... :/
Old 2004-03-26, 10:11   Link #15
wao
OK.

That appeared to be the original information on Moon Phase: they said "after summer". But it was more recently changed to "2005".
Old 2004-03-29, 03:40   Link #16
JediNight
キズランダム

Ah well, I heard Gundam Seed 2nd season comes out this fall ;D
Old 2004-03-29, 05:00   Link #17
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Damn, 2005 is pretty gay.

Oh well, time does fly when one is having fun, eh? Bling bling.
Old 2004-03-31, 15:56   Link #18
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I'm always busy with college and my part time job but if Stellvia is airing next year, I'd like to try my hand on being the timer and editor because I'll be able to fully dedicate myself to the project by then. In any case, if you want experience I don't got it. Right now, a friend of mine from the campus anime club is teaching me the ropes.

I love Stellvia of the Universe by the way.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 18:35   Link #19
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
What? More crying Shipon? Man, can't they do something else?
Old 2004-04-04, 19:18   Link #20
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

It's supposed to be about her brother this time.

So it'll be Shipon's oni-chan crying. Hahahaha.

Lame, but it'll probebly still be so pimp and adictive...