AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-11, 06:56   Link #1
james0246

One Piece - Chapter 681 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

Early release this week.
Old 2012-09-11, 07:09   Link #2
ronin myael
lost ronin

yup, early chapter. but someone told me yesterday that we might be getting the chapters earlier this week so i checked. lo and behold! there are new chapters indeed!

oda ended the chapter with a cliffhanger and a new mystery to ponder on. what in the world is law planning? that last page makes me wonder whether law can be trusted at all. the guy obviously has an agenda of his own but it never occurred to me that he's concocting something sinister, let alone betray the straw hats... until now. ah, pirates! whatever is in that room is most probably a weapon that could take down a yonkou, but what kind of weapon?

how ceasar's poisonous gas works is pretty interesting too. so you need to be at a certain distance to be able to resist it, huh?
Old 2012-09-11, 07:17   Link #3
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Eh besides the cliffhanger at the end, found the chapter a bit uneventful. Looks like Vergo is going to be a good fight for Sanji though.
Old 2012-09-11, 07:47   Link #4
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Sanji can hold Vergo

while Luffy already found a way to fight Caesar in one-on-one fight...

and I like Law's smile at the end.. ^^
Old 2012-09-11, 08:30   Link #5
Eleutheria
旅行癖

1. Get Poisonous Candies

2. Find a Yonkou that loves candies

3. ????

4. Profit!
Old 2012-09-11, 08:41   Link #6
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Vergo literally stinks of Tekkai... but I do not like the fact he's so silent. That usually foreshadows a huge powerhouse and I'm starting to think maybe Sanji is going to have some serious issues.
Old 2012-09-11, 09:46   Link #7
Kona
Banned

Momonosuke is inside that room Law wants to go in. Sanji got stronger maybe Oda is setting him up to fight stronger opponents. The gas is going to interrupt the fight and Smoker gets in.
Old 2012-09-11, 10:16   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Vergo is like a freaking Terminator. Sanji almost broke his leg trying to block his kick.

I'm curious to find out what Law is planning. It doesn't sound too good.
Old 2012-09-11, 10:27   Link #9
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I'm starting to wonder if Doflamingo is actually somewhere on the island right now. Maybe he wanted to see the power of Ceasar's weapon with his own eyes, who knows. What made me wonder was Monet's comment about him. If she didn't protect CC, Joker would kill her. This almost sounds like he's right there. She doesn't say that Joker would hunt her down or send his men after her once he finds out or anything. No, he would kill her. It really leaves me with the impression that Doflamingo is actually around and would kill her immediately. With his nearly invisible threads, that's definitely possible. He could easily slit her throat from a distance at any time without being detected beforehand. The fact that there's really only three oponents for a group of 10 to 12 relevant pirates and marines adds to the likability of Joker being around.

This is just me being crazy, but boy would I love to see Doflamingo joining the fray.
Old 2012-09-11, 10:32   Link #10
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Oh wow, I just realised that was Sanji's friggin' bone cracking right there. Holy shit.
Old 2012-09-11, 10:41   Link #11
yakumo-chan

Sanji said, "your the type, our captain hates the most"
what does he mean by that?
Old 2012-09-11, 10:51   Link #12
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
Logia users i assume
Old 2012-09-11, 10:54   Link #13
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The type to betray nakama.
Old 2012-09-11, 11:20   Link #14
Somnus
Eh?

Great start to what should be some pretty awesome fights/revelations.

Also, meme aside. Monet for next strawhat! Licking those lips were all the convincing I needed.
Old 2012-09-11, 12:15   Link #15
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Vergo literally stinks of Tekkai... but I do not like the fact he's so silent. That usually foreshadows a huge powerhouse and I'm starting to think maybe Sanji is going to have some serious issues.
Don't forget that Nami hurt his body pretty badly so even holding against Vergo is a good achievment.

But overall i liked How luffy was just playing with Caesar pretty much.That just shows his growth.
Old 2012-09-11, 13:09   Link #16
Jouten

Damn Sanji's right leg cracked when blocking Vergo's kick. This actually shows that there is a huge power gap between them.

Then Sanji proceeds to block another kick after he doddge one with the other leg.
I wonder if that one will be or ok, or if it cracked, too?

If it's the latter it doesn't look good for Sanji
Old 2012-09-11, 13:16   Link #17
james0246

^To be fair, Usopp once fought with seemingly all the bones in his body cracked or broken (including his skull). So, a few massive internal injuries won't stop these guys .
Old 2012-09-11, 13:54   Link #18
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 681
That was a good chapter. CC is getting really lucky and poor Sanji. He is holding his own against Vergo really nice, but that cracked leg does not help his odds. This whole Arch is turning out to be one giant Musical Chair, everybody keeps switching fighters. What ever Law is doing it must be crazy, CC thinks it mad. Vergo knows what Law is doing, so I am guessing Smoker realizes it to. Kinda weird but If Smoker goes to confront Law this could make Vergo and Smoker allies again for the time being. Will we get a rematch with Law and Smoker, with Smoker getting a surprise help from Vergo?
Old 2012-09-11, 15:19   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

so Luffy ask Monet about the "birdman" form the war and we are shown a picture of donflamingo. Did anyone notice donflamingo is a birdman?
Old 2012-09-11, 15:25   Link #20
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I'm loving Caeser's reaction faces, he's running stiff competition with Eneru~

As for Vergo.... it's hard to pinpoint what Sanji meant. Vergo COULD have a DF that has turned his body iron, he could be a master of Tekkai (probably the most likely), OR.... he himself could be a cyborg (much like someone stated above like a Terminator). We've yet to see him without his glasses, not to mention he's almost emotionless much like Kuma.... but I'm probably thinking far too much into it~

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion