AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-16, 21:41   Link #61
Green²
It's bacon!

Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 21:49   Link #62
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
LOL..... Funny but true
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 21:58   Link #63
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bun-kun
Attacked or be attacked huh, funny Osama thinks the same thing. you think on the same line as these despicable terrorist, which makes you a despicable terrorist yourself.
Firstly, its "We have no other choice it’s either attack or be attacked."

Funny how you resort to personal attacks to get your point across. If I have to think like a "despicable terrorist" in order protect the people of my country I will.
Old 2004-11-16, 22:15   Link #64
Access

Humans have empathy, they have the innate ability to feel for one another. One innately knows that killing is wrong, and most people will kill only if absolutely necessary to survive. That killing others is wrong, and that good people do it only when there is no alternative: understanding that is part of being human. The ability to feel empathy for one another is an important trait, and one of the traits that gives humans an evoluntionary advantage over other species.

Only one who has departed so far from humanity would make such a statement, much less carry out the deed of the killing people because of where in the world they happen to be at that moment. These people live in a society that is devoid of many things we take for granted, where women do not openly exist, where love and the expression thereof is forbidden, where speaking out is not allowed, where self-introspection is rare, and where people are killed over beliefs and where in the world they happen to stand. Certainly, such a statement coming from a member of the wahabi sect is quite predictable.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 22:49   Link #65
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:37.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 23:18   Link #66
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro

Funny how you resort to personal attacks to get your point across. If I have to think like a "despicable terrorist" in order protect the people of my country I will.
Wow, if that were the actual mandate of the "war on terror" it wouldn't be so bad. Course as long as Iraq is in the war on terror that will never work as a slogan. Perhaps the war on common sense... Also, you're not the only one who agrees with A war on terror, you just seem to think that there can be only The war on terror. "Disagree with any part of it and you're unpatriotic and a no good terrorist!" Also the whole eye for an eye thing has got to end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access
Humans have empathy, they have the innate ability to feel for one another. One innately knows that killing is wrong, and most people will kill only if absolutely necessary to survive. That killing others is wrong, and that good people do it only when there is no alternative: understanding that is part of being human. The ability to feel empathy for one another is an important trait, and one of the traits that gives humans an evoluntionary advantage over other species.

Only one who has departed so far from humanity would make such a statement, much less carry out the deed of the killing people because of where in the world they happen to be at that moment. These people live in a society that is devoid of many things we take for granted, where women do not openly exist, where love and the expression thereof is forbidden, where speaking out is not allowed, where self-introspection is rare, and where people are killed over beliefs and where in the world they happen to stand. Certainly, such a statement coming from a member of the wahabi sect is quite predictable.
Now reverse it and pretend you're from the Middle East, here's the president of this country that thinks itself so moral yet they like to do the "international drive-by" on the middle east every so few years.... If it's so understandable that a person from there could come to a conclusion like that, then what does that mean when our leader comes to the same conclusion in our country of great ideals? Simple: Don't mess with Texas...they're total nutbags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
Well , With bush on Charge what other choice we have? And no i am not supporting Neither Bush Nor Saddam.
Well I guess we could all go back to duct tape, bomb shelters, and stapling garbage bags onto our houses...
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 23:55   Link #67
user8047
Disabled By Request

i think instead of attacking other countries and stealing oil, every 1 should start preparing for when we run out of oil, making wind generators and stuff, this will take a lot of time and money, thats y it would be useful to start now, start inforcing all the other posibilities of oil.

i mean c'mon, u learn not to steal from others in kindergarter

were just delaying the time up until the point were all screwed and gas will cost 30$ per liter to fill ur car. maybe if hydrogen or w.e cars were inforced, more ppl would walk also instead of buying the car, and maybe less than half the states would be over weight.
this way senseless battles over oil can be avoided in the future and no 1 will have to panic when the public finds out theres no more oil and ull have to walk to work...thats right walking, it envolves not being lazy, either u prepare now or every 1 will have to stop being lazy for when the time comes where we gotta walk everywhere
user8047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 23:55   Link #68
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Well I guess we could all go back to duct tape, bomb shelters, and stapling garbage bags onto our houses...
Spoiler for duct tape:
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 05:53   Link #69
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
Quote:

That's not how we're goin to solve terorrism, if we continue to act like terrorist themselves, then no problem can be solved. We can't show the world that we are for peace, when we go and bomb another country without any real reason too. Violence only brings more violences. All of you who support the war I challenge you to enlist, then you will see the true horror of what we are doin over there. This War in Iraq was a sham set up so Bush and his oil buddy can make $$$, it was not intended to help the American ppl like they said. There are no WMD, and there was no threat. And if you're excuse is Humanitarian then we have to overthrow a dozen more dictator to satify me.
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 07:07   Link #70
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Now you got me curious. Go ahead say it I don't mind really.
Hmmm, that was something that was said in a sort of comic news (with puppets).
Beware the following might be badly taken if you don't have any humour, so don't click if you feel offensed by a joke about Americans (because this didn't actually happen in reality).
Spoiler:

Quote:
Oh, you silly French can't win a war without the US anyways. Unless the opponent is also french as in the French Revolution, then again.... it did get taken over by a man from Corsica which only 10 years or so eariler should have been Italian.
Obvious troll won an obvious well earned neg rep, thanks for your demonstration
Old 2004-11-17, 10:11   Link #71
Access

Quote:
Now reverse it and pretend you're from the Middle East, here's the president of this country that thinks itself so moral yet they like to do the "international drive-by" on the middle east every so few years.... If it's so understandable that a person from there could come to a conclusion like that, then what does that mean when our leader comes to the same conclusion in our country of great ideals? Simple: Don't mess with Texas...they're total nutbags...
First of all the wahabi sect is the most extreme, it's not the common person who made the quote but a wahabi cultist. Your guy from texas, he's kinda a nutjob too, he makes lie after lie, but then he's not saying anything like 'let's kill as many of them as we can with a nuke'. Look at the semantics he uses...

"Clean air act" - Exactly the opposite, on the whole it allows power plants to pollute more than they do at current.
"USA patriot act" - Not much to do with the USA, nothing to do with patriotism.
"war on terror" - If he'd stopped at afghanistan, an obvious case of a state sponsoring terrorism, the name would be justified... post-iraq it's just the latest excuse for agressive action.

Just a common deceiver with his own agenda, that's all.
Old 2004-11-17, 14:05   Link #72
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bun-kun
That's not how we're goin to solve terorrism, if we continue to act like terrorist themselves, then no problem can be solved. We can't show the world that we are for peace, when we go and bomb another country without any real reason too. Violence only brings more violences. All of you who support the war I challenge you to enlist, then you will see the true horror of what we are doin over there. This War in Iraq was a sham set up so Bush and his oil buddy can make $$$, it was not intended to help the American ppl like they said. There are no WMD, and there was no threat. And if you're excuse is Humanitarian then we have to overthrow a dozen more dictator to satify me.

Us like terrorists far from it. Do we go and strap bombs on ourselves and blow up innocent civilians or chop off heads on videotape, nope. I think were actually too soft on terrorist. I support the war and I did try to enlist in the service after I graduated from high school but I was turned away because of a few medical problems. Oil, oil, oil, oil why does everyone think OIL is the only thing we invaded Iraq for. Do you actually think our president would risk the lives of American citizens just for oil? Remember without war there is no peace. Sad but true.

Hm interesting....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138759,00.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132682,00.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136337,00.html
Old 2004-11-17, 14:14   Link #73
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Us like terrorists far from it. Do we go and strap bombs on ourselves and blow up innocent civilians or chop off heads on videotape, nope. I think were actually too soft on terrorist. I support the war and I did try to enlist in the service after I graduated from high school but I was turned away because of a few medical problems. Oil, oil, oil, oil why does everyone think OIL is the only thing we invaded Iraq for. Do you actually think our president would risk the lives of American citizens just for oil? Remember without war there is no peace. Sad but true.
Maybe Bush is making his citizens fools.
Most of them don't even know what's exactly happening in Iraq and that there was no weapon of mass destruction !
Sad but true.
Old 2004-11-17, 14:23   Link #74
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Us like terrorists far from it. Do we go and strap bombs on ourselves and blow up innocent civilians or chop off heads on videotape, nope.
No we kill innocent civilians differently. We don't chop heads off, but we use immoral jailing/treatment/trials for our suspects. Are we exactly like terrorists? NO. Are we seen similarly in the middle east as we see terrorists here? You betcha.

Quote:
Oil, oil, oil, oil why does everyone think OIL is the only thing we invaded Iraq for.
Because it's the only one that makes any small bit of sense... Nothing else over there really affected us all that much.

Quote:
Do you actually think our president would risk the lives of American citizens just for oil?
A resounding: Yes! Also I'll never refer to him as my president till he actually wins an election...cause I still doubt the results of the last one.

Quote:
Remember without war there is no peace. Sad but true.
War and peace are just words to describe the measure of time. Without war we might not call other parts of time peace, but that doesn't mean anarchy without war...

Omg! Six degrees of Kevin Bacon has connected Saddam to Bin Laden! This incredible bit of journalism must have come from Fox News! Seriously that is some weak journalism. Hell Haliburton abused the oil for food program, which connects to Cheney which connects to Bush and OMG they're all out to get us! There is no way I'll ever trust a news source that argued in court that they had the right to make up news...
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 14:27   Link #75
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

OMG! Unbelievable. I can't believe what I'm reading. I'm so tired of repeating myself its ridiculous. So I'm going to stop replying until someone has something new to say.
Old 2004-11-17, 14:58   Link #76
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
Quote:
No we kill innocent civilians differently. We don't chop heads off, but we use immoral jailing/treatment/trials for our suspects. Are we exactly like terrorists? NO. Are we seen similarly in the middle east as we see terrorists here? You betcha.

Because it's the only one that makes any small bit of sense... Nothing else over there really affected us all that much.

A resounding: Yes! Also I'll never refer to him as my president till he actually wins an election...cause I still doubt the results of the last one.

War and peace are just words to describe the measure of time. Without war we might not call other parts of time peace, but that doesn't mean anarchy without war...

Omg! Six degrees of Kevin Bacon has connected Saddam to Bin Laden! This incredible bit of journalism must have come from Fox News! Seriously that is some weak journalism. Hell Haliburton abused the oil for food program, which connects to Cheney which connects to Bush and OMG they're all out to get us! There is no way I'll ever trust a news source that argued in court that they had the right to make up news...
"We use immoral jailing/treatment/trials for our suspects". To this I say... what? You make it sounds like they are US citizens and not enemy combatents. What are you even refering too? Most of your assumptions are also "bad journalism", you don't even cite anything specific. If you are talking about the prison abuse scandel, that was an isolated inccident that was quickly resolved and punishment was dealt out.

Can someone explain to me this whole "Blood for oil conspiracy"? I assume it refers to US corporations somehow gaining from the occupation of Iraq. As we all know, only the Right Wing is affiliated with big corportations.

Edit, Ok, after a little bit of searching, I came up with this "For the reconstruction [of Iraq], contracts were awarded to private companies. Initially companies from countries that had opposed the war were excluded from these contracts, but due to protests this decision was reversed. It has been alleged that some companies were favoured because they had connections to high-ranking members of the Bush administration, like Halliburton. This suspicion had already been a concern during the global protests against the war on Iraq. An audit found that Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR), may have overcharged the U.S. government $61 million (on contracts worth billions) for bringing oil products for the U.S. army into Iraq via a Kuwaiti subcontractor, Altanmia Commercial Marketing Co."

Courtesy of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_Iraq under "reconstruction".

I still don't see how this directly relates to US gain from the invasion of Iraq. It seens a bit far fetched and makes NO logical sense to say we invaded a country just so a few select companies could gain oil contracts.

Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2004-11-17 at 15:45.
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 15:02   Link #77
Shouryuu
ショウリュウ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 音楽は死んだ

couldent resist
Everytime I see that...I have to wonder, what the hell happened to Hawaii? Did it just sink or did we sell it to Japan?

As for Osama....I've begun to question whether he is in fact still alive. If he is, it must be hard to drag dialysis equipment through the mountains. And it's unlikely for him to be doing this to get to heaven. You have to be a martyr...which means you have to be KIA'd...he's just sitting in a cave peeing in plastic baggies. My guess for why: $$$$$...or maybe he's sniffed glue a little too often.
Shouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 15:16   Link #78
Access

Quote:
Do you actually think our president would risk the lives of American citizens just for oil? Remember without war there is no peace. Sad but true.
Not for oil as much as his own agenda. As far as WMDs are concerned, history has already shown there are more dangerous countries than Iraq. If he really cared about protecting us, he would have gone from Afghanistan to another real threat, not one that is primarily contrived.

"With war this is no peace". 'truisms' like this cannot alone justify violence. War and peace are extremes, but peace is cleary better than war. While war can, in theory, bring about peace, it's often not the case. Look no farther than iraq, the end of one war (invasion) was simply the beginning of another (occupation and insurgency). The end of one war lead to the beginning of an even worse war. Most anyone who has been on the front lines will tell you 'war eternal' (ie. the type of war envisioned in the book "1984") is a horrible thing.

Last edited by Access; 2004-11-17 at 15:35.
Old 2004-11-17, 15:30   Link #79
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouryuu
Everytime I see that...I have to wonder, what the hell happened to Hawaii? Did it just sink or did we sell it to Japan?
Me too. Aren't we also part of the U.S.
Old 2004-11-17, 15:34   Link #80
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouryuu

As for Osama....I've begun to question whether he is in fact still alive. If he is, it must be hard to drag dialysis equipment through the mountains. And it's unlikely for him to be doing this to get to heaven. You have to be a martyr...which means you have to be KIA'd...he's just sitting in a cave peeing in plastic baggies. My guess for why: $$$$$...or maybe he's sniffed glue a little too often.
Puerto Rico probably should be on the map too...but then even if you have US citizenship there you can't vote in a US presidential election.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote