AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-05-13, 19:31   Link #2061
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Ok then, by that logic, if each Espada is numbered by his power and 11 was at 30%, then we can assume that if Hitsugaya can be used as reference ...

#10 = 40%
#09 = 50%
#08 = 60%
#07 = 70%
#06 = 80%
#05 = 90%
#04 = 100%
#03 = 110% (Hallibell)

So, how does Hitsugaya rank next to the other captains?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 19:34   Link #2062
Shizuo
Bartender

Location: For my safety, I'm going to say Australia... Wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Ok then, by that logic, if each Espada is numbered by his power and 11 was at 30%, then we can assume that if Hitsugaya can be used as reference ...

#10 = 40%
#09 = 50%
#08 = 60%
#07 = 70%
#06 = 80%
#05 = 90%
#04 = 100%
#03 = 110% (Hallibell)

I really don't think it's that simple.

You're just assumuing each espada is 10% stronger than the previous. We don't know if this is true or not.
Shizuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 21:22   Link #2063
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post

#10 = 40%
#09 = 50%
#08 = 60%
#07 = 70%
#06 = 80%
#05 = 90%
#04 = 100%
#03 = 110% (Hallibell)

sorry, but asspulling a perfectly incremental power scale isn't logic and goes well beyond the intended scope of this thread.

the earlier relative percentages were actually given to us.
Old 2010-05-13, 22:48   Link #2064
Randumo24
Banned

Didn't 11 say the espada were way above the rest of the arrancar? Toshiro also was at 100% power when he defeated 11.
Randumo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 23:01   Link #2065
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
Didn't 11 say the espada were way above the rest of the arrancar?
yes he did. he also said that the numbers 11+ weren't ordered by power. both of which make roricon's numbers even more unfounded.
Quote:
Toshiro also was at 100% power when he defeated 11.
we've been over this already.
Old 2010-05-13, 23:04   Link #2066
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
yes he did. he also said that the numbers 11+ weren't ordered by power. both of which make roricon's numbers even more unfounded.

we've been over this already.
Right, I was just trying to make sense of his chart.
Old 2010-05-14, 21:09   Link #2067
X207
Gamyūsa

today i saw a 1/8 Teliel Tu pvc figurine at an anime shop nearby. they were selling it for $99, is it a good price for the figure? i would like to get a Neliel Tu Ordervaschank item (preferably adult form) but i feel that i can get more for that $99 if i get some 1/60 or a master grade gundam model. are there any Neliel Tu items not on the list in the link?
http://myfigurecollection.net/search...alue=neliel+tu
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 21:34   Link #2068
Langus
Optimus Prime

*whistles* Talk about highway robbery. Anyone who would spend $99 on a Bleach figurine needs to get their head examined. Most figurines I've seen in Japan range from $10-$30. Look on ebay. You'll probably have better luck finding what you want for a price that isn't 3x inflated.
Old 2010-05-15, 00:09   Link #2069
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
*whistles* Talk about highway robbery. Anyone who would spend $99 on a Bleach figurine needs to get their head examined. Most figurines I've seen in Japan range from $10-$30. Look on ebay. You'll probably have better luck finding what you want for a price that isn't 3x inflated.
thank you for confirming what i expected langus. that shop is decent, the manga is $1-2 more than chapters or indigo and gundam models range from $32 (1/144) to 48 (1/100). its just really the bigger figurines that are seriousy overpriced. i did check ebay, the DX is going for $68 and the keychain is $13 CAD. the DX looks a bit overpriced but the keychain doesnt seen that bad in price. most of the Neliel 1/8 figures are $80 minimum. ive seen another shop selling a Nel (child) chibi for $20, or for that matter 2cm tall chibis for 20 a pop. i'll keep searching around for a good price but i suspect the cheapest will be in japan given you leave out the price for a plane ticket to tokyo. i wouldnt mind buying her zampaktou, not the wooden blade but an dulled metal blade but that probably wont come out anytime soon.
Old 2010-05-15, 00:17   Link #2070
JustRob

Hi guys I have a question.

When Ulquiorra and Yammy first come to the human world, Yammy uses his soul-suction technique to suck out a lot of people's souls. Yammy makes a comment that the souls taste digusting, and Ulquiorra confirms that this is because these souls do not have reiatsu. However, seconds later they see that Arisawa Tatsuki has survived the technique because she has some reiatsu.

My question: Why does Yammy (or the Arrancar in general) have this technique? I mean, Ulquiorra implies that souls with reiatsu are tasty, but the technique doesn't work on those with reiatsu. Doesn't it kinda contradict itself?
Old 2010-05-15, 00:30   Link #2071
Randumo24
Banned

Yes, a little bit lol.
Old 2010-05-15, 00:52   Link #2072
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Hi guys I have a question.

When Ulquiorra and Yammy first come to the human world, Yammy uses his soul-suction technique to suck out a lot of people's souls. Yammy makes a comment that the souls taste digusting, and Ulquiorra confirms that this is because these souls do not have reiatsu. However, seconds later they see that Arisawa Tatsuki has survived the technique because she has some reiatsu.

My question: Why does Yammy (or the Arrancar in general) have this technique? I mean, Ulquiorra implies that souls with reiatsu are tasty, but the technique doesn't work on those with reiatsu. Doesn't it kinda contradict itself?
he didn't say that they had no reitsu (at least not in the versions i found). he called them 'dilluted' (manga), 'thin' (anime sub), or 'weak' (anime dub).

hollows eat normal human souls all the time and the ability simply lets them eat more at a time. seems this ability is more for feasting rather than gourmet dining. if they want the good food then they gotta work for it a little.
Old 2010-05-15, 03:06   Link #2073
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Hold it, if this ability works on people with small reiatsu, then what did Yammi do during his ressuraction? Ate menos with small reiatsu? I though menos couldn't go to Hueco Mundo if they are not experienced and thus not weak.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 03:35   Link #2074
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He was eating meat and tosses the bones to his dog-thing...don't ask, it's like the Las Noches tea
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 07:49   Link #2075
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
thank you for confirming what i expected langus. that shop is decent, the manga is $1-2 more than chapters or indigo and gundam models range from $32 (1/144) to 48 (1/100). its just really the bigger figurines that are seriousy overpriced. i did check ebay, the DX is going for $68 and the keychain is $13 CAD. the DX looks a bit overpriced but the keychain doesnt seen that bad in price. most of the Neliel 1/8 figures are $80 minimum. ive seen another shop selling a Nel (child) chibi for $20, or for that matter 2cm tall chibis for 20 a pop. i'll keep searching around for a good price but i suspect the cheapest will be in japan given you leave out the price for a plane ticket to tokyo. i wouldnt mind buying her zampaktou, not the wooden blade but an dulled metal blade but that probably wont come out anytime soon.
$13? Jesus... Well just keep in mind that keychains here range from 100-300 yen, meaning $1.00-$3.00. See if you can't find a seller already in Japan who can get it to you for a more reasonable price. Unfortunately I haven't seen the Nel key rings at my local manga shop otherwise I'd offer to pick one up for you. I'll keep an eye out though.
Old 2010-05-15, 09:40   Link #2076
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
$13? Jesus... Well just keep in mind that keychains here range from 100-300 yen, meaning $1.00-$3.00. See if you can't find a seller already in Japan who can get it to you for a more reasonable price. Unfortunately I haven't seen the Nel key rings at my local manga shop otherwise I'd offer to pick one up for you. I'll keep an eye out though.
thank you langus, i know that many anime items get marked up once they leave japan. montreal doesnt really have many locations dedicated to anime items. just how much japanese would one need to know to go visit japan if they dont know any friends over there?
Old 2010-05-15, 10:36   Link #2077
Langus
Optimus Prime

Very little. A surprisingly amount can be accomplished, particularly in large cities like Tokyo, with pointing. A friend of mine recently visited Kyoto with zero Japanese and got around just fine.

Most merch stores around have everything out on display so you just pick up what you want or point to it and ask to see it (sumimasen, kore o mitte kudasai) <- pretty sure that's it. "Excuse me, can I see this please?"

Forgive my horrendous Japanese abilities if that's not the case.

Anyway, I can definitely sympathize with the merch drought in Canada. Damn frustrating at times, really. Best of luck mate.
Old 2010-05-15, 15:16   Link #2078
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Very little. A surprisingly amount can be accomplished, particularly in large cities like Tokyo, with pointing. A friend of mine recently visited Kyoto with zero Japanese and got around just fine.

Most merch stores around have everything out on display so you just pick up what you want or point to it and ask to see it (sumimasen, kore o mitte kudasai) <- pretty sure that's it. "Excuse me, can I see this please?"

Forgive my horrendous Japanese abilities if that's not the case.

Anyway, I can definitely sympathize with the merch drought in Canada. Damn frustrating at times, really. Best of luck mate.
thanks, i just need to find time to spare for a trip in the future. i guess learning more than the commonly used basic phrases should be fine. there are some cases where merchandise is easy to get but unfortunately they dont make it easy .
Old 2010-05-19, 17:04   Link #2079
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I was like "Fuck this shit!" back when the sword filler was going on.

What ep does that garbage end on?

What did they start after that?

Should I even bother to watch or just wait some more?
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 17:17   Link #2080
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I was like "Fuck this shit!" back when the sword filler was going on.

What ep does that garbage end on?

What did they start after that?

Should I even bother to watch or just wait some more?
this list is very helpful
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bleach_episodes

Season 13+14 = filler arc, it's up to you if they are worth watching or not

Tags
q&a