AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-12, 20:26   Link #2261
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
@Yosei - Chapter 32

I'm starting to like this Vincent Valentine character solely because of his aloft-ness. He appears just at the right moment to save his beloved Flora & pushes all the right buttons to get Rigardo distracted. If you're hoping to integrate him more into the story, you'll need to show him beyond his emotionless, slick demeanour. He has to be as reactionary as Helen, or have a unique character like Flora, to fit into the very character-focused world you've created.

When reading the exchange of words while Flora & Rigardo were battling, of course I'm again reminded of a Chinese swordfighting serial , especially since there's a lot of talk on "why do you fight?" & "what's your reason for fighting?". Flora, as usual, is the most colourful of all your characters: the schoolteacher attitude, the compliant charm - very nicely worked. But even Rigardo is quite something, although I think his character is obscured by his repetitive dialogue. Perhaps if we ever see him again, you'll give us an answer to Flora's question. Because we never really know why Rigardo is fighting, since the answer is always & constantly delayed.

There's a Vincent-Rigardo connection? Heh, this gets even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
So I'll do it, not sure if the Miria fans will like it though, but I can think of a few people that will.
Unfortunately there're are no Miria/ Clare fics on FF.net either. You might want to try the Livejournal Claymore fic site.

Hell, you can ask Tempest to help you. He's also been interested in exploring some Miria/ Clare in his stories.
Old 2008-10-12, 21:09   Link #2262
Yosei
Death by writing

Whee, Chapter 33 now up... But just to answer some points. It's fitting that you observe these things in the previous chapter shelter. I have been working up to provide answers in chapter 33. Hopefully they will in large part be answered. I am hoping this next chapter now brings some passion into Vincent's character. Luckily, I have a backup author to write about him should my own attempt fail.

And on Rigardo, no kidding, I also have awaited this final development for a long time! I believe Flora's interactions with the people closest to her - Clare, Vincent, and now Rigardo - will speak most about her character.

Spoiler for space:

Flora is now officially on the road to sainthood.

Spoiler for P.S.:

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy

Last edited by Yosei; 2008-10-12 at 21:45. Reason: added commentary
Old 2008-10-12, 23:54   Link #2263
AkatsukiYu
Leave me alone...

@ Yosei

Spoiler for My review:

When I read your spoiler. I was mortified when you described Flora being killed "like that" Rigardo's claw did not punctured through her. I cannot stand the thought of her being in "two"

BTW Yosei

I'm willing to take the risk.

Old 2008-10-13, 00:18   Link #2264
Yosei
Death by writing

Awesome you put the "promotional" up.

No, she undressed him too. That part was short, but check back at the beginning of the scene:
Spoiler for space:

Yeah that movie... FFVII Advent children... I actually didn't REALLY know what was going on when I watched it. And that was years ago too hey, such is my ignorance of FF... I watched it because it was awesome in terms of the action and stuff. But yeah... I am treading a path between making my characters multi-dimensional while making sure the Flora x Vincent is your Flora x Vincent. Some readers don't like a character with only one face, so I try to make them reveal something else... only in special situations, of course (such as during lovemaking). But the rest of the story will have him being stony-faced ^^

And since I got 86% I think that balance has been achieved.

Galaxy Fantasy

Last edited by Yosei; 2008-10-13 at 00:47.
Old 2008-10-13, 04:46   Link #2265
KillerYomaFromSpace

that was a truly awesome chapter Yosei, gratz
Old 2008-10-13, 04:54   Link #2266
Yosei
Death by writing

Thanks dude. Hope you like the story so far.

Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-10-13, 06:19   Link #2267
AkatsukiYu
Leave me alone...

I have the tendency to miss those little detail out. *smash my head onto the desk, causing my coffee to spill over* And I also have the tendency to ruin my day.

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who's Canadian.
Old 2008-10-13, 09:40   Link #2268
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
@shelter: I don't think Tempest would want to make a Clare x Miria romance fic though. Oh well it might only be like two chapters but it will still be Miria x Clare. Lol

@Yosei: I said this before and say this again, you sure like to write a lot in such a short amount of time. As for the chapter, I thought it was cool to have Rigaldo and Flora talk like that. I thought it was funny thinking about all of the Rabona fighters sleeping in the gym like that. Especially Helen.XD

Spoiler for hmmm:

@AkatsukiYu: Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
Old 2008-10-13, 11:13   Link #2269
28sb

Quote:
Lol I can do that. It will take a while to do because I don't have much time on my hands to write anymore, but it sounds easy. So I'll do it, not sure if the Miria fans will like it though, but I can think of a few people that will.
thanks a lot i`m looking forward to it
Old 2008-10-13, 11:16   Link #2270
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28sb View Post
thanks a lot i`m looking forward to it
Is there any specific way you want the story to go, or should I surprise you?
Old 2008-10-13, 11:37   Link #2271
28sb

Quote:
Is there any specific way you want the story to go, or should I surprise you?
surprise me please
this makes it even more exiting!
Old 2008-10-13, 11:39   Link #2272
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28sb View Post
surprise me please
this makes it even more exiting!
If you say so.
Old 2008-10-13, 18:35   Link #2273
Yosei
Death by writing

Hey guys, since this is a pretty open, friendly thread about everything fanfiction, I thought I'd start this mini-discussion.

I can't type without music. Music really helps me picture the mood of the setting and scene I'm writing, sometimes even the dialogue. I would be interested to hear what kind of music genres/songs you listen to when you write. Mine, currently, is European classical (in my previous stories it was rock).

Below you will see the tracklisting on my Itunes that I crank up whenever I write this current boxing fanfic. I reckon if you listen to a writer's "theme" for a character, you'll get a general idea of how that writer portrays that character. So if you're interested in how I "hear" my interpretations of the characters (and events) in Claymore, just tell me and I'll send you the soundtrack (mp3 attachment). They are not long, in fact they are quite short.

Spoiler for space:

A DISCLAIMER: I renamed the actual tracks themselves for my own creative purposes. They are composed by other people and compiled in actual proper albums that I don't own. So I have kept their Artist and Album names. However, the track names are different. So I think that's still allowing intellectual integrity to the composer. I'm constantly updating this list.

Galaxy Fantasy

Last edited by Yosei; 2008-10-13 at 18:48. Reason: oops
Old 2008-10-13, 18:43   Link #2274
AkatsukiYu
Leave me alone...

Hm... give me everything that has Flora's name XD
Old 2008-10-13, 18:58   Link #2275
Yosei
Death by writing

Okey-dokey.

Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-10-13, 18:58   Link #2276
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Hey guys, since this is a pretty open, friendly thread about everything fanfiction, I thought I'd start this mini-discussion.

I can't type without music. Music really helps me picture the mood of the setting and scene I'm writing, sometimes even the dialogue. I would be interested to hear what kind of music genres/songs you listen to when you write. Mine, currently, is European classical (in my previous stories it was rock).

Below you will see the tracklisting on my Itunes that I crank up whenever I write this current boxing fanfic. I reckon if you listen to a writer's "theme" for a character, you'll get a general idea of how that writer portrays that character. So if you're interested in how I "hear" my interpretations of the characters (and events) in Claymore, just tell me and I'll send you the soundtrack (mp3 attachment).

Spoiler for space:

A DISCLAIMER: I renamed the actual tracks themselves for my own creative purposes. They are composed by other people and compiled in actual proper albums that I don't own. So I have kept their Artist and Album names. However, the track names are different. So I think that's still allowing intellectual integrity to the composer.
Hmm, interesting. I listen to music when I type stuff up too. It helps me think of how to set up a scene or an event that happens in whatever I write.

I mostly listen to rock, techno, some jrock and jpop, orchestra, and a few just plain crazy songs (like Mortal Kombonk ).

Damn, I let the long weekend pass me by, totally forgot about my fanfiction. I'll probably have it up next weekend. I just hope that doesn't end being another broken promise, I already have enough of those.

Well at least I have the title down, my next fic is going to be called Training Days. Not very original, but I think it's good for the story I have planned.

Also, sorry I haven't been very active here, it's partly (well mostly) because I've been more active on NarutoFan recently. I haven't forgotten about you guys though, or this forum. It's the first forum I joined afterall.

I still lurk here a bunch though.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-10-13, 19:12   Link #2277
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post

Below you will see the tracklisting on my Itunes that I crank up whenever I write this current boxing fanfic. I reckon if you listen to a writer's "theme" for a character, you'll get a general idea of how that writer portrays that character. So if you're interested in how I "hear" my interpretations of the characters (and events) in Claymore, just tell me and I'll send you the soundtrack (mp3 attachment). They are not long, in fact they are quite short.

Spoiler for space:

A DISCLAIMER: I renamed the actual tracks themselves for my own creative purposes. They are composed by other people and compiled in actual proper albums that I don't own. So I have kept their Artist and Album names. However, the track names are different. So I think that's still allowing intellectual integrity to the composer. I'm constantly updating this list.
Yeah I listen to music a lot too, even when I write. I don't think you would want to listen to the music I do though. The genre's I listen to are rock, hard rock, classic rock, mabye some disco, old school hip-hop, now that music you would probably listen too but, I really like metal, classic metal, heavy metal, death metal is okay too, speed metal, and dark metal. A lot of this type of music is fast and I think you could tell whenever I'm listening to any kind of metal music because it makes time feel quicker and thats what makes some of the chapters in my stories quick because of what I'm listening to when I'm writing I bet.
Old 2008-10-13, 19:14   Link #2278
Yosei
Death by writing

@ Nobodyman: Ah, techno, cool. I like Japanese pop, although I have no idea what they're singing. :P some English and Chinese songs really rock for writing fanfiction though. I've been experimenting lately - in my first fanfics it was mostly Chinese and English pop and rock, now I've switched almost completely to orchestral.

NarutoFan is pretty huge I heard. I dunno, this is like, the only Anime forum I ever hang out consistently in. I tried to sign up for HiranoMoe forums because I love Hellsing but the webmaster is slack and hasn't verified my account

@ Hell: Sorry, you replied just before I submitted my post to Nobodyman.

I have to say I'm not so warm on the death/doom/speed/dark metal, I'm too softcore for that. But I have quite a bit of rock on my Itunes (thx to my friend), and he's got this band called "Agalloch" which is actually great because it mixes folk guitar with other things to create a surreal European feel - good for Claymore.

Galaxy Fantasy

Last edited by Yosei; 2008-10-13 at 19:16. Reason: Hell got in before me :D
Old 2008-10-13, 19:25   Link #2279
AkatsukiYu
Leave me alone...

I'm bored with my music now.
Old 2008-10-13, 19:32   Link #2280
hell88
Banned

@Yosei: I thought you probably wouldn't like my music too much. I checked out some songs of that band called Agalloch. I thought it sounded really cool actually, now I can see how it fits into some of the action fight scenes in your stories, and I'm not talking about the boxing fic you are making. The fics you made before, I can see this music fiiting in with all the gory battles that you created.
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction