AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-17, 07:24   Link #121
Kakkou
Tch.

I'm quite liking this so far, it's entertaining enough and the various puzzles that show up are nice. POG seems to be full of sore losers seeing how two of them have tried to break their own rules. I hope they give the Givers more variety than that. The cast is doing well to compliment each other too. I liked how they contrasted Nonoha's simple thinking against Gamon's overanalysis and how Kaito solves the puzzles by thinking outside the box. Edison didn't come off as intolerable despite his character type. My only worry so far is that it's only episode 3 and there's already a few off model characters. In fact this whole episode didn't look as good as the usual.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 14:02   Link #122
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
The guy with the white sparky hair kind of remind me of Shinobu from No More Heroes.
As for episode three, hmm normally you introduce an annoying child character if the ratings go down. I hope he won't show up too much in the future.
Don't get your hopes up... he's in the OP, so it seems he'll be around for some time.

Not as annoying as I thought he'd be, Edison - but still annoying.

The puzzles appear to be somewhat basic fare with death hanging over (Sudoku probably is the most common puzzle I've seen daily - they're in the free newspaper I get on the way to work. Seeing as how I leave the paper in one of the racks at the station, I never get around to doing them ).

I reckon this is a show that will get better - though if it's taking itself as seriously as I think it is, it won't be a world beater. Still good honest entertainment though
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 14:48   Link #123
ookamigirl

New episode was pretty interesting.
Kaito was facing an interesting challenge.
Hope this continues to evolve to an even more complex level.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 16:43   Link #124
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Probably most entertaining having Nonoha figuring out quite a few of the park numbers. Considering that the original puzzle was pretty easy it's not surprising the guy making the puzzle left really simple number choices for the various things in the park.

Pretty simple though to just wait for Kaito's armband to kick in and solve the puzzles for them.
Old 2011-10-17, 22:49   Link #125
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Pretty simple though to just wait for Kaito's armband to kick in and solve the puzzles for them.
True, but that's to be expected. Every mystery show has some kind of gimmick "aha!" thing going on. I do like that Kaito doesn't try to rely on it, and that it isn't used until other things are tried. That helps keep it more interesting.

The cast really compliments each other and helps to keep things from feeling like Kaito is some kind of superhuman while the rest of the cast is dead weight. They all bring strengths and weaknesses, which is fun to watch. I think there's a good dynamic going on so far between all of them.

On the other hand, the puzzle givers so far have been sore losers. Hopefully that's not going to be used too much, but it was chilling to see that threat of liquidation.
Old 2011-10-21, 13:46   Link #126
kitten320

I was so happy when that Cubic brat got kicked! Just from watching preview last week I knew I would hate him. Can't stand smart ass kids @_@

Was nice to see Nonoha solving some of the numbers. Being too smart is not always good, you tend to over think things and miss the most obviouse answers.

I hope Kaito's eye will be popping up less in the future, it really feels like cheating =/
Old 2011-10-22, 01:54   Link #127
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
The guy with the white sparky hair kind of remind me of Shinobu from No More Heroes.
As for episode three, hmm normally you introduce an annoying child character if the ratings go down. I hope he won't show up too much in the future.
Just like viperdk1 said. He was in the opening, and counting the introduction of Kaito's other rival Galileo. Galileo has been sticking around in the next episode, so they are probably going to keep Edison around for more episodes (but less "annoying")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
On the other hand, the puzzle givers so far have been sore losers. Hopefully that's not going to be used too much, but it was chilling to see that threat of liquidation.
Hopefully "Bishop" gave clear demonstrations of what happens to those who resort to low tactics in order to become winners. So that the other puzzle givers will not follow in their footsteps. But that feeling that gnaws at me is that the very fact that the puzzle givers have to cheat is going to force Kaito to use the armband every episode.
Old 2011-10-23, 12:03   Link #128
kuromitsu

Aww, episode 4 was so cute (if you don't stop to think about the details, but let's be serious - this is not that kind of anime ).

Spoiler for for episode 4:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2011-10-23 at 12:18.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 22:12   Link #129
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2011-10-24, 01:18   Link #130
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 4:
It's probably Luke. (His surname is Crossfield, I guess he's English?)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2011-10-24 at 01:40.
Old 2011-10-24, 02:39   Link #131
Kakkou
Tch.

Spoiler for episode 4:
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 04:18   Link #132
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
It's a trap? Goddamn it... I was hoping for a girl.

Then again... if it looks like a duck, talks like a duck and acts like a duck....
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 08:56   Link #133
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Spoiler for episode 4:
Spoiler for episode 4:
Old 2011-10-24, 13:06   Link #134
tsunade666

Episode 4: nice episode with natural talent in use. Anna was a nice character added to the cast.

I grinning at the end part with his a boy, his a boy, his a boy chuu...... his a boy
Old 2011-10-24, 15:49   Link #135
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
It's a trap? Goddamn it... I was hoping for a girl.

Then again... if it looks like a duck, talks like a duck and acts like a duck....
It's a goose.

Joke aside, I agree. For a boy, he gave off a darn good impression of a girl. A bit of an airhead, but still...

Nonoha's jealousy was priceless, as was her reaction to the reveal.
Old 2011-10-25, 16:01   Link #136
DmonHiro

You know what? I call BULLSHIT. I don't care what they say, Ana can't be a guy. I watched the episode again. Unless I see a DICK I'm not buying it.
Old 2011-10-25, 22:13   Link #137
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh my anther TRAP but I dont mind but getting you eyes gouge out for a trap now that just awesome
Old 2011-10-26, 02:08   Link #138
DmonHiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Oh my anther TRAP but I dont mind but getting you eyes gouge out for a trap now that just awesome
Don't care. You can call a train a robot, but it's still a train. I am using the skill "Unshaking Denial".
Old 2011-10-26, 16:36   Link #139
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I like this episode, it didn't require Orpheus to solve it. The person in charge of the treasure was not a sore loser, nor was he insane on a deadly puzzle (which I was wondering why the smoke wasn't affecting them). Nonoha's jealously was priceless, Galileo seems to have developed something o.o. While Kaito was able to solve this puzzle naturally with his partner.

Also bonus to this episode for completely deceiving me on the trap
Old 2011-10-28, 12:08   Link #140
ookamigirl

Seems like Kaito is getting closer with girls, even though he's stubborn.
The puzzle at the mansion was pretty interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote