Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 06:38   Link #1081
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Wait, what's this I'm reading about Alicization being the final arc? Is it true?

I could've sworn I read somewhere that there was going to be one more arc after it. No, I can't remember the source of that though.
Well, it was the final arc of the web version. I'm pretty sure I remember another poster here telling me that the author said there'd be another bit of story after Alicization. I just doubt it'll be half as long, and/or half as important. *shrug*
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 06:45   Link #1082
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Wonder when BT will pick up v10
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 06:52   Link #1083
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
...it's a pretty easy sell. As long as they're aware that there's a possibility of death that should be enough. They don't have to believe its true or even think it's likely. The fact that it's in a computer is basically irrelevant. If a man tells you that someone is tied up in the next room and that by pushing a button you'll electrocute them or whatever, then pushing the button is reckless. The fact that you have no proof that there's someone else in the other room is irrelevant.
Good luck trying to argue that in court. It has to rise to the level of actual unlawful recklessness and negligence to be considered for manslaughter, not what you consider to be reckless and negligence.

Example, if you receive a phone call before you leave for work today saying that if you step outside your home, the caller will kill someone. You ignore it as a prank call and leaves for work anyway, next thing you know your neighbor's house blows up.

You realize that by your definition, you would be guilty of of killing your neighbor?
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 06:59   Link #1084
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Wonder when BT will pick up v10
It only came out recently. Judging by the fact they have the pictures, I assume they have the raws
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 07:05   Link #1085
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Is it just me or that the sword in 331 and the one he's holding in frot cover not match
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 07:26   Link #1086
tomtkp

Quote:
Is it just me or that the sword in 331 and the one he's holding in frot cover not match
How is it not match? They both looked same to me.
Old 2012-07-12, 07:29   Link #1087
Esebian

^ they do match but in 331 the sheath is over the sword, so u cant see the form of the sword really well, also the angle of the picture in 331 is quite bad for comparing the swords
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 07:44   Link #1088
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
You forget that the sword is inside its scabbard, of course the scabbard doesn't look like the sword in the cover.

Judging the pictures, Kirito and Eugeo arrived at the capital, were attacked by one guy and enrolled into a sword style academy?
Meanwhile in the real world they are wondering what happened to Kirito and Asuna is told the truth at his part time place.
Wonder if the novel is going to end with Asuna diving into UW?

Edit: The last picture, at first I thought the branch Kirito got turned into two swords for him to dual wield, but the right one is probably Eugeo's Blue Rose(?) sword.
Old 2012-07-12, 07:53   Link #1089
Qilin
Romanticist

After watching the first episode of the anime, I decided to give the translated novels a try since it looked promising. So far, I've only read novels 1, 3, and 4, and I just want to put in some of my comments on it that I just want to get off my chest.

Spoiler for reaction:

In any case, does anyone know if the anime will move past the first two novels?

Also, do any of the following novels live up to the standard left by the first arc, or have I already seen the best of this series?
Old 2012-07-12, 08:03   Link #1090
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
In any case, does anyone know if the anime will move past the first two novels?

Also, do any of the following novels live up to the standard left by the first arc, or have I already seen the best of this series?
We're expecting it to cover up to and including volume 4. So yeah, we'll more than likely see Fairy Dance in anime form this season.

Hm. I guess it depends on what you considered the best points of the first arc. Romantic moments become much fewer, but they remain very emotional and engaging. The action and badass moments stay more or less the same. The final arc, Alicization, is considered to be on-par, if not better than the first arc.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 08:21   Link #1091
kyp275
Meh

Not sure why you skipped vol.2, but...

Quote:
For one thing, the entire arc reduces Asuna into a mere prize for Kazuto to struggle for, as opposed to her her more proactive role in the previous arc.
/shrug, it's not as if Asuna just sat there idly and didn't do anything. Personally I had no issue with her less active role, as there was a limit as to what she could've done within the setting of the story.

Quote:
Next, the entire thing just felt like an unnecessary obstruction in the way of resolving the previous arc with Asuna's fiance just conveniently being the big bad of the arc. On a more personal level, the looming threat of NTR over the entire arc felt so very wrong to me. Why does the villain have to be so utterly unlikable?
another /shrug, SAO isn't exactly supposed to be a literary masterpiece, Fairy Dance is basically Kirito and Lyfa's show. As for the villain... since when did it becomes a bad thing when they're unlikable?

What really irks me though is this whole NTR business. Could someone please explain to me how did a hentai sub-genre become so pervasive and dominant in people's mind that even your age old classic kidnap-the-damsel scenario becomes NTR-in-the-making? It's as if anything bad happens/is about to happen to a female character and the villain is a male, it's automatically stamped with the NTR flag.
Old 2012-07-12, 08:28   Link #1092
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
We're expecting it to cover up to and including volume 4. So yeah, we'll more than likely see Fairy Dance in anime form this season.
Fairy Dance, huh?

I'm not exactly thrilled, but anything that will resolve the main romance is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Hm. I guess it depends on what you considered the best points of the first arc. Romantic moments become much fewer, but they remain very emotional and engaging. The action and badass moments stay more or less the same. The final arc, Alicization, is considered to be on-par, if not better than the first arc.
Well, I'm not really expecting the romance elements to match the first arc, but I just hope that the recurring characters and the overarching plot develop at a decent pace with each passing arc.

I mean, I browsed a bit of Phantom Bullet only to find that the story focused on some entirely new characters, with the older characters (apart from Kazuto) being reduced to appearing in short scenes. If my observation is indeed reliable, I do hope it doesn't signify a trend in the later arcs.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
/shrug, it's not as if Asuna just sat there idly and didn't do anything. Personally I had no issue with her less active role, as there was a limit as to what she could've done within the setting of the story.
It's the fact that it was set up that way in the first place that bothered me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
another /shrug, SAO isn't exactly supposed to be a literary masterpiece, Fairy Dance is basically Kirito and Lyfa's show. As for the villain... since when did it becomes a bad thing when they're unlikable?
I kinda found the subplot intrusive since the resolution from the main one was just snatched right from under my nose. A personal thing for me, perhaps?

Also, is it wrong that I enjoy having likable villains? Or at least a villain that I can genuinely respect (or be in awe of), even in a begrudging sort of way?

Last edited by Qilin; 2012-07-12 at 08:47.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 08:36   Link #1093
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Of course, my praise is mostly for the initial arc. On the other hand, the Fairy Dance arc struck me as unnecessary. While I read it dutifully for some long overdue closure in Kazuto and Asuna's relationship, I didn't enjoy it quite as much. For one thing, the entire arc reduces Asuna into a mere prize for Kazuto to struggle for, as opposed to her her more proactive role in the previous arc.
All so, so true.

Quote:
Exactly.
Old 2012-07-12, 08:38   Link #1094
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Fairy Dance, huh?

I mean, I browsed a bit of Phantom Bullet only to find that the story focused on some entirely new characters, with the older characters (apart from Kazuto) being reduced to appearing in short scenes. If my observation is indeed reliable, I do hope it doesn't signify a trend in the later arcs.
Wow, talk about jumping to conclusion.
Now I have to ask, what kind of LN did you like? You sounded overly criticizing... (Honestly kinda pissed me off too...) The LN is mostly based from Kirito/Kazuto's point of view. So what if the others didn't have much appearance? Forcing them in would just break the story telling.

But back to the LN stuff. I'm guessing that Eugeo is an AI based on Kazuto/Kirito brain pattern? those two seemed similar to me, but the hammering point is that his weapon of choice is a sword.

That's just a far shot, but the possibility is not zero.
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 08:41   Link #1095
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
Wow, talk about jumping to conclusion.
Now I have to ask, what kind of LN did you like? You sounded overly criticizing... (Honestly kinda pissed me off too...)
Take note that I just browsed through the fifth novel, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

I wasn't claiming anything as fact, I just wanted someone to tell to dispel my doubts.
Old 2012-07-12, 08:42   Link #1096
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
But back to the LN stuff. I'm guessing that Eugeo is an AI based on Kazuto/Kirito brain pattern? those two seemed similar to me, but the hammering point is that his weapon of choice is a sword.

That's just a far shot, but the possibility is not zero.
That's an interesting theory. I'd have gone on to speculate that Alice is based on Asuna's brain patterns, only that there doesn't seem to be a way for the Underworld's designers to get their hands on her brain patterns.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 08:54   Link #1097
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis
That's an interesting theory. I'd have gone on to speculate that Alice is based on Asuna's brain patterns, only that there doesn't seem to be a way for the Underworld's designers to get their hands on her brain patterns.
Well they dont need them, they could just use Kirito's memories of her and model Alice out of that. That shouldnt be impossible, imo
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 08:59   Link #1098
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Some people like Shinji feels the same way you do, which is fine, personally I couldn't care less, as it was story was executed decently well.

Quote:
I kinda found the subplot intrusive since the resolution from the main one was just snatched right from under my nose. A personal thing for me, perhaps?

Fairy Dance is no more of a "subplot" than GGO or even the SAO arc itself.

Quote:
Also, is it wrong that I enjoy having likable villains? Or at least a villain that I can genuinely respect (or be in awe of), even in a begrudging sort of way?
Of course not, but neither should a genuinely hate-able villain somehow become a minus IMO.
Old 2012-07-12, 09:03   Link #1099
novalysis

It's quite amusing to note that romantically speaking, Kirito and Asuna's relationship has been far beyond the point of 90+% of Romantic couples in anime, manga, LN or VN ever since Volume 2.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 09:11   Link #1100
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Well between the side stories and current stories there was plenty of time for their relationship to develop before the Aincrad arc ended.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality