AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 18:49   Link #181
Shinhwa
Banned

I have one thing that's on my mind about S2 of railgun:

Are they going to "REMAKE" Touma VS Accelerator or going to skip it whole with something else by filling it with Mikoto and Misaka Imouto's side of story during that battle?

Because that's what's on my mind lately about the Sisters arc of railgun. I know manga did the whole thing again despite it already having been out on the anime and the manga of index, but I am wondering if they are going input that battle "AGAIN" for like 2 episodes or something... =w=;
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 23:56   Link #182
Primary Consult

A lot of Accelerator backstory/character development is interspersed with the Railgun version of that battle, it might be necessary.

I picture them simply abbreviating it, possibly restricting it to Mikoto's POV for the battle (so omitting the beginning when Touma finds Accelerator).

I'm more curious about the conversation on the bridge... I feel like Index ep 12 nailed that perfectly (and took an episode and a half to do so), how is Railgun anime going to deal with it?
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 04:11   Link #183
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
A lot of Accelerator backstory/character development is interspersed with the Railgun version of that battle, it might be necessary.

I picture them simply abbreviating it, possibly restricting it to Mikoto's POV for the battle (so omitting the beginning when Touma finds Accelerator).
Not everyone has read the Railgun manga and/or watched/read Index though, and the staff is well aware of that, so I won't bet on that part.
Err, Are people here that pessimistic?
Old 2013-04-23, 05:12   Link #184
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Err, Are people here that pessimistic?
Lets play a game call see who can rile up the crowd faster
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 05:15   Link #185
NeutralZero

Will the s2 anime of Railgun really have Touma facing of against Mugino just like in the OP or will it emain in the OP/intro
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 07:12   Link #186
Clarste
Human

I doubt it. A big part of the arc was that Mikoto was working alone.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 07:46   Link #187
Primary Consult

Also to analyze the OP further, previous OPs had the 4 girls together in most scenes; this one has Mikoto alone on top of the building at the point where normally we get the whole team running somewhere...

I don't think they're going to be altering the fight; remember Mikoto was also wearing her three hearts shirt for those fights, the OP shows her in her normal Tokiwadai uniform.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 08:52   Link #188
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Scripts are completed 6 months before the anime airs. You mean to say that Dengeki Bunko forced Director Nagai to include Misaki in episode 1 specifically for an arc for a novel's release 7 months ahead of time? I have my doubts. When you first posted, we had seen 1 episode of 24 with knowing the titles of the first four episodes and nothing more. It's impossible to judge once scene's importance after only viewing the first of 24 episodes knowing how things are altered for anime purposes. This episode introduces her as a character none of the anime watchers have seen, thus she's credited in a minor role for this episode like Chaos said.

There's jumping to conclusions and then there's leaping off a cliff after you hear one word of a sentence. Let's see what comes later before saying what role one scene has in the greater scheme of things.
Are you sure the scripts for Railgun are finished 6 MONTHS ahead of time? I honestly never knew that. There are many anime and sequels that play catch-up with their original stories (Brotherhood, Cross Game, Toradora, Zetsuen no Tempest, this new season of Oreimo) so I really am surprised if scripts are being finished THAT way ahead of time. Where's your source on this?

Oh and has Railgun S really been confirmed for 24 episodes/2 cour after all?
Old 2013-04-23, 08:54   Link #189
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Are you sure the scripts for Railgun are finished 6 MONTHS ahead of time? I honestly never knew that. There are many anime and sequels that play catch-up with their original stories (Brotherhood, Cross Game, Toradora, Zetsuen no Tempest, this new season of Oreimo) so I really am surprised if scripts are being finished THAT way ahead of time. Where's your source on this?
Unlike those series, Railgun already has enough materials.

Quote:
Yes it's confirmed.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-04-23 at 09:07.
Old 2013-04-23, 09:11   Link #190
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
My source is the interview from the series composer of Bunny Drop who confirmed scripts have to be done 6 months ahead of time. When you think about it, people have to storyboard and then create layouts for key animators to draw, then the images have to have in-betweens for actual animation as well. Only then can they be colored, add the backgrounds, then effects, and then added with sounds/voices. It takes a while for one episode to be produced. The series you quote also have connections with the original source where they get outlines of what's yet to come.

Quote:
Yes. The BD/DVD solicitations are for 8 3-episode volumes, so 24 episodes total.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 10:05   Link #191
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If they could plan something 6 months ahead of time you would think they would come up with something bigger if they really wanted to sell Misaki

Your argument is forced as hell at this point.
That's as much as they can do if they're going to do sisters arc at this pace. They can't do the Daihasesai arc. We'll see who's right at the end of the season, there's no need to argue about this here.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 10:17   Link #192
Clarste
Human

I still don't see why they can't do some Misaki filler. It's not like it's important to the Daihaseisai arc that Misaki is new. In fact, it's implied that they have a longstanding rivalry. So adding some Misaki filler can only improve a hypothetical S3.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 15:41   Link #193
Shinhwa
Banned

I just remembered that one of the factors of the Daihaseisai arc was the Sisters in the first place, where in the end that arc isn't completely unrelated to the "Sisters", so it does deserve to be animated, however the fact remains the script was made months ago, where unless they came up with another anime-only filler arc or anime-only ending, then I don't know what they are planning to fill with in the last half of the series after the Sisters arc.

Speaking of which, I wonder how Mikoto will look like in Yandere mode lol. Her yandere faces in the manga was awesome lol
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 16:31   Link #194
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
That's as much as they can do if they're going to do sisters arc at this pace. They can't do the Daihasesai arc. We'll see who's right at the end of the season, there's no need to argue about this here.
I'm not talking about doing the Daihaisensai- Even I'm not fully convinced that we'll get it.

I'm talking about if Misaki's role is really just for promoting NT7 as you're claiming, then wouldn't it make more sense to have the majority of the episode showing her off? They were going to make it an Original episode anyway, why settle for one scene from the manga that leads to nowhere for the episode?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-04-23 at 16:56.
Old 2013-04-23, 21:25   Link #195
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
My source is the interview from the series composer of Bunny Drop who confirmed scripts have to be done 6 months ahead of time. When you think about it, people have to storyboard and then create layouts for key animators to draw, then the images have to have in-betweens for actual animation as well. Only then can they be colored, add the backgrounds, then effects, and then added with sounds/voices. It takes a while for one episode to be produced. The series you quote also have connections with the original source where they get outlines of what's yet to come.

Yes. The BD/DVD solicitations are for 8 3-episode volumes, so 24 episodes total.
YES 24 episodes! And wow so all 24 episodes of Railgun have been scripted after all. I just assumed that they might be playing catch up with the Dahaisesai arc so I thought they were rushing things but wow 6 months. That's a really nice fact though, having a script that's been done very early on. I guess it means they're really prepared. I really wonder what kind of material they have for the 2nd half/ if they're gonna stretch the Sisters Arc for 24 episodes?
Old 2013-04-23, 23:35   Link #196
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
I really wonder what kind of material they have for the 2nd half/ if they're gonna stretch the Sisters Arc for 24 episodes?
Considering the snail pace that they have been going; and as long as they keep things like that, is pretty safe to say that we aren't going to see anything beyond the sisters arc.

The opening itself gives the feeling that "the first op isn't going to go beyond Mugino" + no evidence of experiment 10031 nor 10032, meaning that Mugino is going to end up being mid season material, the "S" in the title is speaking way too clearly.

Of course those aren't the expectations that I want to have for the series, and I would really like have evidence against my very own ominous feeling, but to end the sisters arc early, they would have needed to rush through the source material, and direction wise the series is being too similar to the previous season of Railgun (which didn't rush anything, but rather stretched things way too far).
Old 2013-04-24, 01:37   Link #197
leukrota

I seriously doubt they will stretch it to 24 episodes. Why? cause

1. 12 episodes for what we saw in Index is way too much, even for those that haven't watched it yet.

2. The producers want to put more of the other girls into the anime, and it won't be very natural until the Sister's arc is over.

The start was slow, but it's just the 2nd episode. Give them a chance to get into it.

In fact, I think it was a good decision not to promptly dive head first. It's gonna get bloody soon enough and you don't want to just wham it in the face of those that are used to what Railgun was in the first season.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 02:20   Link #198
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I can think of two "intermission break" moments; the first is when Mikoto thought that the project to create Level 5 clones was cancelled...later then she found out that it had become something worse.

The second "break" is after the fight with ITEM and she thought she had succeed in stopping the experiments.

Those could be use to inject fillers if they want.

Either way the Railgun sisters arc starts ten days ahead of Index's version, giving them lots of time to play.

Now I'm not saying this is what's going to happen, I'm only pointing out that it's not entirely impossible.
Old 2013-04-24, 04:13   Link #199
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
1. 12 episodes for what we saw in Index is way too much, even for those that haven't watched it yet.
What 12 episodes in Index? Sister arc was only 5 episodes in Index ...
Old 2013-04-24, 04:15   Link #200
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Eh? Wasn't there only 4 episodes to the Sisters in Index?