AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2010-03-11, 07:02   Link #2981
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
When you marry Yui, the sister will help Yui do the cleaning and cooking. :P
Won't it be easier and better to marry Mugi? She will enslave the rest of the girls to do the work for both of you.

EDIT :

Science: Religious People are Stupid, Leftists More Intelligent

Quote:
Higher intelligence causes people to be left wing and reject religion as they are more highly evolved, science says. They are even less prone to adultery.

Satoshi Kanazawa, an evolutionary psychologist at the London School of Economics, holds that humans more inclined to adopt “non-traditional” behaviours are more intelligent than mere traditionals. These non-traditional behaviours yield a higher chance of survival in a rapidly changing environment.

In social evolutionary terms, non-traditional behaviour includes atheism, “liberal” political leanings and (male) monogamy, he asserts.

He claims the results of the “National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health,” which has been observing a group of subjects since 1994, support his theories.

This study found that teenage subjects who did better in IQ tests tended to have “newer” patterns of behaviour when tested 7 years later – they described themselves as “very liberal” and “not at all religious” more often, as opposed to the religious and conservative, who appeared to have lower IQs.

The difference was apparently statistically significant, but not enormous, at 11 points. It is not clear if they adjusted for the noted tendency of younger adults to be more left-leaning than older adults, but the results are apparently robust enough to survive publication in a peer-reviewed journal, albeit one for psychologists.

With such incendiary conclusions, the crucial scientific admonition that correlation does not equate to causation will doubtless be drowned out amidst glib attempts by leftists and the godless to portray their beliefs as the natural consequence of higher intelligence.

Naturally, that academics and scientists tend overwhelmingly to be left wing and irreligious has nothing to do with these scholarly and impartial scientific conclusions.
How I wish this is proven true on a billion-people scale demographic. It is too easy to fault on a small scale test with less than 1% significance.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-03-11 at 07:24.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 09:45   Link #2982
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Won't it be easier and better to marry Mugi? She will enslave the rest of the girls to do the work for both of you.

EDIT :

Science: Religious People are Stupid, Leftists More Intelligent

How I wish this is proven true on a billion-people scale demographic. It is too easy to fault on a small scale test with less than 1% significance.
Given how people tend to change their view as they age, I'd be more interested in a long term study that would follow those surveyed populations. Because come on, surveys on teenagers as an indicator for a whole population...
Old 2010-03-11, 12:05   Link #2983
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Given how people tend to change their view as they age, I'd be more interested in a long term study that would follow those surveyed populations. Because come on, surveys on teenagers as an indicator for a whole population...
You mean like the Yale survey? In which within 30 years only 10% succeeded in their aims?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-03-11, 13:30   Link #2984
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You mean like the Yale survey? In which within 30 years only 10% succeeded in their aims?
Which survey? I don't think I've heard of it, but it looks interesting.

And I think the second part of the article fairly represent my reserves:

Quote:
The difference was apparently statistically significant, but not enormous, at 11 points. It is not clear if they adjusted for the noted tendency of younger adults to be more left-leaning than older adults, but the results are apparently robust enough to survive publication in a peer-reviewed journal, albeit one for psychologists.

With such incendiary conclusions, the crucial scientific admonition that correlation does not equate to causation will doubtless be drowned out amidst glib attempts by leftists and the godless to portray their beliefs as the natural consequence of higher intelligence.

Naturally, that academics and scientists tend overwhelmingly to be left wing and irreligious has nothing to do with these scholarly and impartial scientific conclusions.
Especially since I consider teenagers judgment to be of disputable value, consider the quite limited experience which precluded it (I won't even start disserting on all the lefties I've met in my teenage and Uni days in an European environment, I'll just summarize it with two words: beliefs, ignorance... wait a minute, aren't those generally associated with religion????).

Also, some of the most brilliant minds I've encountered, in the field of hard and natural sciences, all happened to be either critically conservative, exegesiously religious or versed into mysticism... and others who were real leftist fossils unchanged since the 60's.

Last edited by JMvS; 2010-03-11 at 13:53.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 13:37   Link #2985
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Which survey? I don't think I've heard of it, but it looks interesting.

And I think the second part of the article fairly represent my point of view on the issue:
I remember there is this survey taken from the 1960s graduates from Yale university asking what they want to be in life. Most of them said "don't know" and only a handful had aims.

Those who had aims eventually became what they wanted to be. The rest just became drifters.

Regarding the stuff you pointed out, that is why I said that I wished it was true. I hate to talk to religious freaks who can only regurgitate what their pastors said to them. Heck out of 10 of this kind of people, I bet less than 3 actually read the up about their religion!

Old 2010-03-11, 20:09   Link #2986
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
What some people will do while driving...

Woman has accident while multitasking in car.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 23:23   Link #2987
Vinak
Procrastinator

Sony's motion vibrator controller named 'Playstation Move'

Quote:

Sony is on the Move.

During an event at the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco, the company officially unveiled the name of their upcoming Playstation 3 motion control device: Playstation Move. The controller will hit shelves this fall.

"It's fast, precise and accurate," said Peter Dille, Sony's senior VP of marketing. "We like to think this is the next generation of motion-gaming...we're really approaching this as a platform launch."
I would not be surprised if the thing really did vibrate.
Quote:
"It's fast, precise and accurate,"

Last edited by Vinak; 2010-03-12 at 13:04.
Vinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 02:34   Link #2988
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

A dildo on one side and a butt plug on the other, I wonder where their heads were when Sony came up with that design.

I can already picture a news headline where a bunch of drunk frat boys are playing Playstation with these controllers and one of them passes out. . .ugh (and lol).
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 02:39   Link #2989
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
A dildo on one side and a butt plug on the other, I wonder where their heads were when Sony came up with that design.

I can already picture a news headline where a bunch of drunk frat boys are playing Playstation with these controllers and one of them passes out. . .ugh (and lol).
CANNOT UNSEE!!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 04:08   Link #2990
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
A dildo on one side and a butt plug on the other, I wonder where their heads were when Sony came up with that design..
Too much truth in this statement, Simply Do Not Want .

I hope the finished product is handled by a design team than Dr Plug and Mr Dildo . Now everyone is joining in, first it was Gates & Microsoft are designing there own motion sensor technology .

PS better get there act together as Gates has M.Soft Billions .
Old 2010-03-12, 04:34   Link #2991
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post

I really would not be surprised if the thing really did vibrate.
While it's screaming of Wii rip-off, I can't help but think someone was horny when they designed that thing.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 04:37   Link #2992
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

As mentioned earlier this is MS version >> Natal << . Here is a video of that :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3YQ3hD3OZc
Old 2010-03-12, 06:05   Link #2993
Crontica

Quote:

Suspicious devices should be canceled that is just fail.
Old 2010-03-12, 07:58   Link #2994
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

The reason why it looks like a buttplug is because of the light emitting sensor at the top, probably coordinates with the colour and information on the screen. Being big and round gives it a wide area of effect (no pun intended).

I am not sure if it is fast and accurate. Sankaku pointed out that some people complain of lag time.

Old 2010-03-12, 12:54   Link #2995
fer619

Send a message via AIM to fer619 Send a message via MSN to fer619
Korean Man Marries.... a Pillow

at least pillows will always be faithful
Old 2010-03-12, 16:14   Link #2996
mg1942

mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 17:09   Link #2997
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Wait, let me get this straight, they're trying to say walmart is being racist because they're selling a black doll for less money? You know at some point seeing racism everywhere says more about you than society. There's lots of racist things going on in the world, this isn't one of them. It's doubtful the person who made the decision to lower the price even knew what it was. All he likely saw was an SKU with an abbreviated product name and the sales figures. After all, we're all equally exploitable in the eyes of Walmart.
Old 2010-03-12, 17:11   Link #2998
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Oh man, the drama... I like how it reads at the bottom: "This is CNN, the Worldwide Leader in News" reporting on barbie dolls on clearance.

As long as there's no rioting infront of the store, I think we can just laugh at CNN for reporting on this at all. :P
Old 2010-03-12, 17:31   Link #2999
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

CNN, Fox, and MSNBC --- the race for the bottom in journalistic putrefaction.
Old 2010-03-12, 19:25   Link #3000
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
Oh man, the drama... I like how it reads at the bottom: "This is CNN, the Worldwide Leader in News" reporting on barbie dolls on clearance.

As long as there's no rioting infront of the store, I think we can just laugh at CNN for reporting on this at all. :P
I spotted that gross irony as well.
I just look at this and think 'how the hell can it make news on CNN of all broadcasts'
More over,
this isn't even a freaking issue!!!
Hell, cheaper dolls = most likely to buy more (if it were me)
Maybe white kids would even buy some and have an interracial collection (which would be nice)

'we value blackness less than whiteness'
If black americans are complaining about they, they need to get off their freaking overly sensitive high horse and spend their time/energy sorting out more critical problems within their community to elevate and support themselves.

As for the message, it sends that black people are generally poorer than white people on the whole, so it'd ease their budgets or parents can buy more dolls, or black dolls aren't generally selling much.
- Least that's what I'd get from it.

love the last new comment though..
"Another slow news day and these jokes of a news show try to stir things up with race."

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor