AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 17 20.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 30.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-18, 20:28   Link #61
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Omg. Ichika is getting so much time with Charlotte. Not that I don't like Charlotte or anything....but come on Ichika!!! HOUKI!!!!
Don't worry, Houki has the first osananajimi lucky charm, she'll never fall too far behind.
Old 2011-02-18, 20:50   Link #62
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Even after watching the sub I'm a little confused.

What did Laura had against Rin and Cecila to the point of almost killing them?
When I watched the subs, I got the impression that Laura disliked "inferior" people piloting a third gen IS. Kinda like "if you're piloting that, you gotta be in my league". Also during the battle (while she clearly was in the driver's seat), she commented that at the rate Rin and Cecillia were being defeated, it would be laughable for a third gen IS (referring to their machines and a jab towards their piloting skills).

Well, that's what I thought regarding the matter (and from how I interpret things according to how the subs phrased the conversations ^_^).
Old 2011-02-18, 21:58   Link #63
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Night View Post
Just watched the ep. After watching was Laura did, I question in why she's still in the tournment or even still allowed in the school. She nearly committed murder of two students(Rin and Cecil). If I ran that school, as soon as I hear what she pulled off that girl would be on a one-way trip back to her homeland in a garbage truck. Heck, I would make sure she would never use her IS again.
My thoughts exactly. How is there no disciplinary action taken against Laura. She knocks two other students out of the tournament and yet she still gets to participate. What's up with that? In any other sport if you intentionally injured somebody you'd be suspended at the very least.

Beyond that, I'm forced to wonder, are there any restrictions on when/where these candidate students can summon their ISes? It seems to me that if they can just summon them whenever and wherever they want then IS fights would break out all the time. Even if it's only in the arenas it seems like the students have free access to them without supervision so you'd still have your classic schoolyard brawls except now with the added technology the stakes are much higher. How can an academy operate like that?

Elsewhere in this episode Ichika continues to be nearly oblivious to the fact that Rin and Cecilia are completely in love with him. In the scene following the fight Charlotte has a clear idea of exactly what's going on and why Rin and Cecilia were fighting while Ichika seems completely in the dark. "It must be quite embarassing for you two to show your awkward side to the person you like." she says, which elicits merely a "huh?" from Ichika. We also add more evidence to my Ichika is gay theory. Not only does Charles actually being Charlotte result in him having no desire to change with her anymore, but he says that what appeals to him about her are her more boyish traits and mannerisms. It seems like Houki's not the only one who can't be honest with herself here
Old 2011-02-18, 22:03   Link #64
HandofFate

Charles got some good scenes, but I still like Houki and Rin more.

wtf @ Laura not even getting one line said to her about injuring Rin and Cecelia. The rope strangling them seems like it would be a foul in any sport too..but it seems Germany sees IS as military equipment, while the rest of the world or most of them at least see them as sport.
Old 2011-02-18, 22:28   Link #65
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
My thoughts exactly. How is there no disciplinary action taken against Laura. She knocks two other students out of the tournament and yet she still gets to participate. What's up with that?
you see, that's because she's the badass eye-patch girl of the harem. She's got to participate in the tournament, otherwise... I'll rage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
Elsewhere in this episode Ichika continues to be nearly oblivious to the fact that Rin and Cecilia are completely in love with him. In the scene following the fight Charlotte has a clear idea of exactly what's going on and why Rin and Cecilia were fighting while Ichika seems completely in the dark. "It must be quite embarassing for you two to show your awkward side to the person you like." she says, which elicits merely a "huh?" from Ichika. We also add more evidence to my Ichika is gay theory. Not only does Charles actually being Charlotte result in him having no desire to change with her anymore, but he says that what appeals to him about her are her more boyish traits and mannerisms.
That's Ichika for you.
Old 2011-02-18, 22:52   Link #66
jzmagic
flargansbog

OMG CHARLOTTE. Ichika, just do her already.

Also, I will storm Japan if she's not the end girl along with the rest of you!
Old 2011-02-18, 22:56   Link #67
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTouch View Post
When I watched the subs, I got the impression that Laura disliked "inferior" people piloting a third gen IS. Kinda like "if you're piloting that, you gotta be in my league". Also during the battle (while she clearly was in the driver's seat), she commented that at the rate Rin and Cecillia were being defeated, it would be laughable for a third gen IS (referring to their machines and a jab towards their piloting skills).

Well, that's what I thought regarding the matter (and from how I interpret things according to how the subs phrased the conversations ^_^).
The issue I have with this show is they just do things without explaining which leaves much to be desired.

Nevertheless, in all fairness Laura probably has a lot more experience under her belt given her military background than Rin or Ceclia would have.

It's annoying though that she got off so easily given the fact she was close to murdering them but Chifuyu was probably doing that to avoid giving her attention.

Quote:
Beyond that, I'm forced to wonder, are there any restrictions on when/where these candidate students can summon their ISes? It seems to me that if they can just summon them whenever and wherever they want then IS fights would break out all the time. Even if it's only in the arenas it seems like the students have free access to them without supervision so you'd still have your classic schoolyard brawls except now with the added technology the stakes are much higher. How can an academy operate like that?
I think we just have to accept it as it is.

Generally speaking when it comes to sports, there must always be supervision and with something like IS's they should have teachers in the area watching even if its a mock battle.

It's like swimming, your not allowed to use the swimming pool unless there's a lifeguard on duty.
Old 2011-02-18, 23:08   Link #68
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

I'd say Chifuyuu's meddling... seems as if she knows her tragic past and all....
And considering brocon, she KNOWS that her bro. will fix Laura for her.

Charlotte x Ichika is still the second favorite pairing compared to Houki x Ichika for me.
can't wait for the next episode (that bath tub scene looks... interesting... *drools*)

Also, let's see of how much fail Houki's piloting skills are made of!
Old 2011-02-18, 23:34   Link #69
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wow, they are really pushing a lot of Charlotte x Ichika. Even in the next episode preview theres some more hot and steamy action
Old 2011-02-19, 00:28   Link #70
Johnny
Working the bags...

Meh it was ok, but I'm with the rest about Laura's actions and Chifuyuu's don't mind don't mind response. No harm no foul as long as none of them are killed I guess...

Also couldn't one of them went into the bathroom to change? Why go out in the freaking hallway? And damn that's an awesome wrap to keep them puppies hidden...
Old 2011-02-19, 01:05   Link #71
RiderLeangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
And damn that's an awesome wrap to keep them puppies hidden...
If what we saw last episode is any indication... that thing must be made completely of metal...
Old 2011-02-19, 01:18   Link #72
dark998

Yay, more IS set up scenes, those are really good. Rin

Laura sure displayed her ruthless side beating up Cecilia and Rin so hard I thought the Last Defense of their IS was going to activate at any moment. I guess she was controlling a bit the strength of her attacks to keep punishing them. What a girl

After Charlotte's popularity burst last week things are more stable now, but she still gets a few scenes with Ichika. He is still dense all around but at least we know he has no problems with tomboyish girls (Rin/Charlotte chances UP )

And what's up with that Qwaser-style censorship? No fun at all to wait for the BD.

For next week: TAG BATTLE, it is such a treat to have constant action. Time for Ichika to put some sense into Laura. And for Houki to have her first real battle.
Old 2011-02-19, 01:36   Link #73
ReddyRedWolf

Chifuyu likely understands Laura better than anybody given the worship the girl is giving. The set up of IS Academy is such that Representatives do not have handlers. Laura hasn't figured it out that to Chifuyu Ichika is far important than a reputation as No 1 or Laura herself. If she had a handler he or she would spell it out to stop that crap right now.

Laura also targeted Rin and Cecilia because they were as in her words "Women who mount a useless stallion". The Useless Stallion being Ichika. Yeah she doesn't see Ichika as a virile stud. She doesn't see Ichika making babies with anybody much less with her... for now.

Since she couldn't rile Ichika on her own she wants to use his women as bait.
Old 2011-02-19, 01:49   Link #74
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Show your main character powers!
He already did

Old 2011-02-19, 02:06   Link #75
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
He already did

Indeed only MCs have the power to remove panties in a single mishap
Old 2011-02-19, 02:09   Link #76
TrueKnight

Annoyed at Laura. I find it truly amusing that she nearly killed two students in a supposed frickin mock fight and manage to get away with it. Moreso she also targeted her weapons when Ichika tried carry the girls out of the danger zone, and actually shoot them. Luckily Ichika went supersonic and manage to evade them. Wow.... And even no disciplinary action? But then again that's harem anime plot for you. They need the girls to stay on the same hole in order to have a complete set and dropping them would be out of the question. For the sake of plot device.

As for now, I'm pleased Charles seems to have the lead. The way she and Ichika interact is surprisingly natural, not like the rest of the harem who looks desperately after his cock. Well I still like Houki x Ichika but Charles is a league of her own. Preview of next ep also shows us more Charles Ichika skinship......
Old 2011-02-19, 02:34   Link #77
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Indeed only MCs have the power to remove panties in a single mishap
I was totally confuse in how he was able turn around and somehow remove
Charlotte pantie....I would understand if he trip.. but Charlotte was already on the ground when he turn around???? Haha anyway a mystery that would probably never be solved.

Laura wasnt going to kill anyone she was just teaching them that thier IS is not thier personal toy to use like normal highschool girl.
Old 2011-02-19, 02:38   Link #78
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

What is this power and where may I acquire such an ability?
Old 2011-02-19, 02:39   Link #79
hoarfrost

Spoiler for :

Keepin' it classy as always.

Germany and Japan fighting together again? I see what you did thar, Infinite Stratos. /Godwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfang View Post
Eh? Nohohon-san and Chifuyu-sensei cause you to rage?

In any case, Charlotte definitely scored this episode. Mumbling 'If only Ichika properly asked, I really wouldn't mind...' after Ichika strips off her panties is HNNNGG-inducing alright.
Chifuyu is now lower in my eyes for having prevented Laura from wtfmurdering the entire cast.

What's left for me is Charlotte for the HNNNGG and Laura for antagonizing people who I find wholly unsympathetic. Go girl, hound them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
I was totally confuse in how he was able turn around and somehow remove
Charlotte pantie....I would understand if he trip.. but Charlotte was already on the ground when he turn around???? Haha anyway a mystery that would probably never be solved.
Fanservice in this show is so forced it dumps on the very laws of the universe, it seems.

Last edited by hoarfrost; 2011-02-19 at 02:55.
Old 2011-02-19, 02:52   Link #80
eiyuu99

Ichika masters swipe technique (aka panty remover).
He's almost close to Light's "swimming lesson".

Looks like Ichika put more moves on Charlotte than the other girls.
Closed Thread