AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-28, 03:51   Link #621
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
-_- I keep forgetting how many chars in manga fall for others just cause they're nice...
It's a blessing and a curse at the same time.
Old 2012-07-28, 05:47   Link #622
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I didn't know there was a cover with Onodera in the front for once...surprising.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 05:51   Link #623
ImperialFlameGod8190

im trying to hold back a smile cuz u guys keep saying its chitoge when as i've said HE LIKES ONODERA
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 06:12   Link #624
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
im trying to hold back a smile cuz u guys keep saying its chitoge when as i've said HE LIKES ONODERA
Don't get me wrong...Chitoge isn't my favourite by a long shot (she is far behind both Mari and Onodera) and I much rather him end up with Mari or Onodera...

However, despite him liking Onodera, we've seen just too many scenes centred around Chitoge and even Raku has shown signs that he is starting to fall for her. The amount of exposition Chitoge gets is ridiculous when compared to the other girls, even in the most recent chapters, where he goes on his date with Mari, we see the author quickly "eliminating" the other two girls into comic relief status but keeping Chitoge on the scene long enough to listen to Mari...Onodera is as much a possible promise girl as Chitoge, yet she's left behind.
Another great example is the test of courage where Raku almost immediately left Onodera behind at the mere hint of trouble for Chitoge.
Old 2012-07-28, 11:58   Link #625
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Don't get me wrong...Chitoge isn't my favourite by a long shot (she is far behind both Mari and Onodera) and I much rather him end up with Mari or Onodera...

However, despite him liking Onodera, we've seen just too many scenes centred around Chitoge and even Raku has shown signs that he is starting to fall for her. The amount of exposition Chitoge gets is ridiculous when compared to the other girls, even in the most recent chapters, where he goes on his date with Mari, we see the author quickly "eliminating" the other two girls into comic relief status but keeping Chitoge on the scene long enough to listen to Mari...Onodera is as much a possible promise girl as Chitoge, yet she's left behind.
Another great example is the test of courage where Raku almost immediately left Onodera behind at the mere hint of trouble for Chitoge.
However there are some manga that male lead will not end up with the main heroine for example is "Ichigo 100%" .
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 12:11   Link #626
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
However there are some manga that male lead will not end up with the main heroine for example is "Ichigo 100%" .
Ichigo ended prematurely if I'm not mistaken. Though ignoring this...yes, I suppose he didn't end up with the main heroine. But cases like this are very rare in romance and romcom series.
Old 2012-07-28, 13:03   Link #627
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I don't know. To me Aya wasn't even nearly as tagged with cliches as Chitoge is now. Also, she was never the only female lead, she and Tsukasa were pretty even from the start until the last third or so. It's not like all the readers were surprised or anything, it was just one half (the Aya shippers) being disappointed.

I wouldn't expect crazy turns and breaking with genre conventions in a WSJ series anyway.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 20:29   Link #628
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Ichigo is actually a wsj series too, though.
Old 2012-07-28, 21:43   Link #629
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Ichigo is actually a wsj series too, though.
Comparing the wsj of almost 20 years ago to the current one is like saying that an H-bomb and a grenade are the same because they explode.
Old 2012-07-28, 22:25   Link #630
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Comparing the wsj of almost 20 years ago to the current one is like saying that an H-bomb and a grenade are the same because they explode.
20 Years is bit exaggerated now? Even though a decade is long and things have change in those times... oh wait. Same BS protagonist, harem, misunderstandings...

Ya, WSJ formula of success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I don't know. To me Aya wasn't even nearly as tagged with cliches as Chitoge is now. Also, she was never the only female lead, she and Tsukasa were pretty even from the start until the last third or so. It's not like all the readers were surprised or anything, it was just one half (the Aya shippers) being disappointed.

I wouldn't expect crazy turns and breaking with genre conventions in a WSJ series anyway.

Every year, I expect better from romance series, but its full of disappoint...
Old 2012-07-29, 18:07   Link #631
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

lol Onodera really broke for a second there xD

Damn, Mari won some points in my heart with this chapter!
Old 2012-07-29, 19:03   Link #632
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
from the beginning none of the girls strike my fancy, the Gorilla Chitoge is violent (I never like tsundere to begin with, except a few), the Snail Onodera is too shy (which is irritating) and the Tomboy Guardian Tsugumi ... (just give her a male tiger to mate with)

But now Mari enter the fray and I think she deserve the Win
Not only she remember the promise, have real key, genuinely in love with Raku and open to it, she also has Police as force
Yakuza + Police can drove away Mafia off their land IMO
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 19:35   Link #633
richardtengcy

I`m wondering whether it's Marika condition of having a weak body makes the reader sympathises with her and thus wanting Raku to pair up with Marika as the official partner.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 19:37   Link #634
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i wonder what town/island the actually meet each other.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 19:43   Link #635
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
I`m wondering whether it's Marika condition of having a weak body makes the reader sympathises with her and thus wanting Raku to pair up with Marika as the official partner.
Not in the least...at least not in my case.

Frankly I couldn't care less about her weak body. What I like about her is her personality, how she knows who and what she likes and isn't afraid to show it. So far we've had Onodera who is too much of a coward to take the first step and then Chitoge and Tsugumi who are too stupid to realize or admit that they have a crush on Raku...I was never much of a fan of tsundere anyway...

But Mari started out openly admitting that she loves Raku, didn't go into a blind tsundere rage when she realized he had forgotten and is ACTIVELY aiming to get what she wants. She's assertive, a major turn on for me.

There's always one girl like this in harem manga (Kururu in Rosari+Vampire, Karin in Umi no Misaki, Dal Dal in Girls the Wild's, Lala, Run and Momo from To-Love-Ru examples off the top of my head) and it pains me that these girls are rarely the main and final girls of the series...
Old 2012-07-29, 19:43   Link #636
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I agree with you guys, Mari was really adorable this chapter. Unfortunately, with her being openly affectionable and rather clingy and her past with Raku being already fully uncovered she is in every way possible afflicted by the 3rd-girl curse (not counting the "key- and promiseless" Tsugumi), a typical "Satsuki" if you will.
Old 2012-07-29, 19:49   Link #637
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I agree with you guys, Mari was really adorable this chapter. Unfortunately, with her being openly affectionable and rather clingy and her past with Raku being already fully uncovered she is in every way possible afflicted by the 3rd-girl curse (not counting the "key- and promiseless" Tsugumi), a typical "Satsuki" if you will.
I have taken to calling it the Kurumu (Rosari+Vampire) Effect. The assertive, cute and lovable girl that seems to be the only girl that actively pursues her love interest but in the end is never picked since she's not the main and final girl.
Old 2012-07-29, 19:55   Link #638
Xaturas

I wonder if there will be more serious plot in the future.
I remember that one romance manga (forgot the title atm) about boxing boy and a gang girl.
Girl knew him but boy didn't know her, there was a promise.
Later it turned out that when they were a child there was a serious accident, someone important to them died, boy got some memory blockage of that time, untill the end of the manga where he came back to that place to regain his memory, and then get together with that girl, which they promised long ago.

So this really does have potential to have some dramatic reason of all of them forgetting about it, heck the real promise girl may be as well dead, and those girls more or less taken her feelings into them ( minus Marika as she is a different case altogether).
Old 2012-07-29, 20:20   Link #639
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Mari strike my fancy, but she ain't gonna be it. Might as well enjoy it, while it last though
Quote:
Approved! Excellent uses of Ichigo 100% terminology for cliches.
Old 2012-07-29, 20:24   Link #640
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
I wonder if there will be more serious plot in the future.
I remember that one romance manga (forgot the title atm) about boxing boy and a gang girl.
Girl knew him but boy didn't know her, there was a promise.
Later it turned out that when they were a child there was a serious accident, someone important to them died, boy got some memory blockage of that time, untill the end of the manga where he came back to that place to regain his memory, and then get together with that girl, which they promised long ago.

So this really does have potential to have some dramatic reason of all of them forgetting about it, heck the real promise girl may be as well dead, and those girls more or less taken her feelings into them ( minus Marika as she is a different case altogether).
Sounds a bit like Open Sesame to me.

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life