AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-24, 11:57   Link #121
Westlo
Lets be reality

I want no kiss (too cliche) and I want Shin to drive the break up, since said he would do everything right than he should do it.
Old 2008-03-24, 12:10   Link #122
Theowne
耳をすませば

That's fine, but I think this is a speculation thread rather than a "What's your favourite ending" sort of thing. As for cliche....well, one could argue that the "childhood friend" aspect of the entire anime is far more of a cliche....

Anyways, I highly doubt Shin will be the one who does the final "break-up for the reason I mentioned above. In the past few episodes, Noe has had her actions controlled by the actions or words of others. The only satisfying ending would be for Noe to take control and end it on positive terms. Otherwise you would have an ending where Hiromi rises while Noe is thrown to the ground, the end. Which, although it may be appealing to die-hard Hiromi fans, wouldn't exactly be epitome of good writing considering how the series has been building.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2008-03-24, 12:17   Link #123
Westlo
Lets be reality

Mysterious/weird girl who captures the heart of the main character isn't exactly original either.. see ef for the most recent example of that type winning. Also I'm not really a fan of the I'll sacrifice myself for your relationship with the other girl type endings even when it benefits my preferred girl. Also since you mentioned KGNE before Shin owes Noe nowhere near as much as their KGNE counterparts, as far as I see it Shin isn't Noes to give up.
Old 2008-03-24, 12:25   Link #124
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Shin owes Noe nowhere near as much as their KGNE counterparts
Well, that's your opinion, but Shin from episode 12 during the dance performance seems to disagree with you.

Old 2008-03-24, 12:28   Link #125
Westlo
Lets be reality

You're comparing that to what happened to Haruka? In the words of John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious".
Old 2008-03-24, 12:47   Link #126
Theowne
耳をすませば

Comparing what? Asking what "happened" to Haruka vs. Noe is completely different from talking about how much Shin owes Noe. Obviously what happens to Haruka in the KGNE series is a worse fate, objectively. But as the dance scene in episode 12 shows, and the subsequent scene, Shin obviously does feel like he owes a lot towards Noe and that he realizes that she is important to him. ~Anyways, to return to the previous discussion. I can see why some people might not like the idea I mentioned but I find it highly unlikely that the series would end with practically a chain of Noe being kicked around by others and then thrown away. It's just generally not the way these things go. Far more likely that the series will end on a positive note with the sad-but-happy-type-ending for Noe (like from KGNE) coming into play. In other words, she will end up "losing", but it will be with a positive outcome as a character. Realistically, that's what to expect.

Old 2008-03-24, 12:52   Link #127
vio5555

I don't know, I don't see how Noe calls it off on Shin.

Her emotional immaturity and inability to handle what's going on is what leads me to suspect that either Shin somehow decides that she needs him more than Hiromi does (cue Noe Ending) or that he has to break it off clearly (cue Hiromi Ending).

Noe isn't in the emotional state as of the end of episode 12 to clearly break off her relationship with Shin. She's totally distraught and unable to handle what's been going on around her. Regardless of who Shin ends up with, I think it has to be on his terms at this point, simply because Noe isn't mature enough or rationally capable at this point of handling that role. For these reasons I think Shin will be the ultimate decider.
Old 2008-03-24, 12:54   Link #128
Westlo
Lets be reality

If Shin doesn't end things on his own terms that I'll lose a lot of respect for him, like I said before he isn't Noes to give up.
Old 2008-03-24, 13:11   Link #129
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
I don't believe that Shin will be anxious for a relationship and that Noe will convince him no. Rather, I think that Shin will be trying to tell her that he likes Hiromi or whatever, and Noe will decide to end it before/relieve him of saying it himself. In other words, I think the decision is already made, just that Noe will try to take it into her own hands first. She already thinks that Hiromi is in Shin's heart, she doesn't object or get angry when Hiromi says they are already together, and she is the one who initially said, "the place you can fly from isn't here", etc (which was almost a break-up in itself). So I think she's shown more than enough signs of being able to accept it. But maybe there's a different scenario I'm missing that could be possible. I'm sure, however, that somehow there would be a resolution to the character development regarding Noe on a positive note.

Old 2008-03-24, 13:40   Link #130
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I don't believe that Shin will be anxious for a relationship and that Noe will convince him no. Rather, I think that Shin will be trying to tell her that he likes Hiromi or whatever, and Noe will decide to end it before/relieve him of saying it himself. In other words, I think the decision is already made, just that Noe will try to take it into her own hands first. She already thinks that Hiromi is in Shin's heart, she doesn't object or get angry when Hiromi says they are already together, and she is the one who initially said, "the place you can fly from isn't here", etc (which was almost a break-up in itself). So I think she's shown more than enough signs of being able to accept it. But maybe there's a different scenario I'm missing that could be possible. I'm sure, however, that somehow there would be a resolution to the character development regarding Noe on a positive note.
I agree with you in some sense. I do think that whatever the ending is, it has to resolve Noe's emotional state at the end of episode 12 with Shin's promise in episode 10 to "take care of things properly", which has finally reached the point of no return as he runs towards Noe (in that there are no more second chances from here).

I do think you're right in that he's made up his mind already, but Shin has been one to waver, and I am interested in how Noe's going to be able to handle what Shin plans to tell her, and how Shin takes Noe's response. The writers have definitely set this up to be a dramatic moment after 12 episodes of build up.
Old 2008-03-24, 16:10   Link #131
ichobi

The Dialouge at the end of EP 12 made me unsure a little. Regardless, I see Shin needs to sort things out between him and Noe properly. I can see no happy romantic ending for Noe. Her brother is moving out. She need to be independence, and that's probably the best for her to grow up (and wouldn't that let her cry "TRUE TEARS" once again?)

As for Hiromi, I agree with Relentless's 'reprise' idea'. That will be a very good way to end the story.
My bet is 100% Hiromi (Part of that is my bias towards her of course) but I do think Hiromi ending would be the best for everything. Her love has to be fufiled. The climax, as you guys stated, would be how Shin deal with Noe and how he comes back to Hiromi. (I see Hiromi got lost with one sandal again.) Expect to cry a river next Saturday

The writers have done a very good job. There was no waste episode and True Tears turns out to be the best harem (as in most of the main girls fall for the lead male) I've ever seen. I'd rather have a series like True Tears (short but intense and well crafted) rather than 24 episodes romance high school filled with fanservice and usual cliches.
Old 2008-03-24, 16:49   Link #132
Theowne
耳をすませば

I wonder if they will ever actually give us a solid reason as to why the mother hated Hiromi. Apparently she hated her mother....why? If the sibling lie were true, it would make perfect sense....

Old 2008-03-24, 17:27   Link #133
ichobi

I guess Shin dad's and Hiromi mom might have been lover of some sorts , or may be just close friends. That'd explain why Hiromi's mom face was cut off in the portrait. That would fit too.

Didn't Shin's dad told him (or was it Hiromi) that sibling stuff was a lie? (Well unless he was lying of course).
Old 2008-03-24, 17:29   Link #134
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
Didn't Shin's dad told him (or was it Hiromi) that sibling stuff was a lie? (Well unless he was lying of course).
Yes, he did. I was just saying that if it had been true, it would perfectly explain every single detail about Shin's mother and Hiromi's relationship. Since it's not true, they haven't really given us any reason as to why that hatred exists.

Old 2008-03-24, 19:39   Link #135
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

Spoiler for Up to Episode 12:
Very true. Hiromi and Noe's issue will have to be resolved first before taking the next step.

After seeing ep 12 subs, I'm convinced True Tears is going to be deeper than the way they purposely presented it to us.

I, for one, think Hiromi's chilhood memory is becoming more and more repetitive with her always saying "don't leave me behind" everytime Shin swings to Noe. Frankly, whether the writers are doing this on purpose, the memory loses its 'magic' and making this as her trump card will more likely not work this time. Which is why I think this is a set up for a change. Especially when I heard the previews. Hiromi says, "I hate myself like this." I'm speculating it's about Hiromi realizing how much she's been relying on Shinichiro all this time. Without him, she feels like 'a lost girl in the forest'. There's a limit to how clingy a girl should be. I'm not going to put it past her to not be able to realize this weakness and reflect on her actions in this episode and the previous one.

All throughout the show, the flow of support here has always been Noe-->Shin-->Hiromi. And in my opinion, empowering Hiromi to be able to stand independently is definitely one way to resolve her issue about being left alone. It makes sense to me and ties in with the concept of flight in the story. I also think the reason Noe told Hiromi that she can't fly was because of this weakness.
Old 2008-03-24, 20:10   Link #136
ichobi

Very interesting point you made their, but don't you think that goes for Noe as well?
Old 2008-03-24, 20:11   Link #137
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
Very interesting point you made their, but don't you think that goes for Noe as well?
Do you mean with respect to Jun->Noe flow of support and her not realizing his feelings (before the ep 12 incident), or ?

Last edited by vio5555; 2008-03-24 at 21:33. Reason: Apparently I wasn't clear...
Old 2008-03-24, 21:13   Link #138
be0wulf
it's friday

Send a message via MSN to be0wulf
I think Noe recognizes his feelings. It be kinda hard for her not to after he goes after her lips during the kiss...

http://www.chunlikickedme.tumblr.com
Old 2008-03-25, 13:46   Link #139
sesshoumara

Rather than watching the series from its first release date, I’ve watched episodes 1-12 over a few days. I think watching them all in one shot helped me understand the themes of the story better. At the beginning, the main characters each seem to have problems to overcome. Shin’s problem is not being confident of his abilities and his lack of will to do the things he wanted to. He gets easily discouraged, as shown with his relationship with Hiromi and his desire to draw his picture book. He knows that something is bothering Hiromi and wants to be the one to “wipe away her tears”, but he doesn’t move forward to do anything about it. He wants to draw but after one failure, he is ready to give up drawing. Hiromi’s problem is her fear of being alone. After her parents passed away, she wants to move into Shin’s family because she doesn’t want to be alone. However, she feels more alienated due to Shin’s mother’s behavior towards her, as well as the possibility that she and the person that she loves could be siblings. Noe’s problem is that she’s unable to cry after her grandmother passed away. I think in order to have a satisfactory ending, all their problems must be resolved in some way.

With one episode left to the series, I think the one who had made the most progress in resolving his/her problem is Shin. With the revised ending to his picture book, I think he had finally found his resolve and confidence “to fly”. The last episode will probably show how he faces Hiromi and Noe (either to reject or confess to one or the other) and his decision to draw. On the other hand, Hiromi, despite having already being accepted into Shin’s family and knowing that she and Shin aren’t siblings, is still the little girl who is afraid to be alone, as shown by her reaction to Shin’s leaving her at the festival. Noe’s problems seemed to have increased. Besides not being able to cry, she feels more confused and lost than ever before because she had never realized the feelings of the people that surrounded her (Jun’s, Hiromi’s, and Shin’s).

I think the last episode will deal with resolving both Hiromi’s and Noe’s problems, and Shin’s role will be essential. Hiromi will have to grow up and mature from the little girl she once was. She has to overcome her fear of being alone, either by knowing that she will have Shin around and trusting him to be around when she needs him (ShinxHiromi), or realizing that she will be okay even if she is alone (ShinxNoe). As for Noe’s problem, in one of the earlier episodes, she mentioned that she might be able to cry again if she takes the tears of someone precious to her. Her precious person is Shin. She had already seen him cry earlier in the series, but she said they were worthless tears. I’m not sure if she meant they were worthless to her because he didn’t cry for her. In the last episode, I think Shin will cry, this time for her, and thus it will enable her to cry again.

From a shipper’s point of view, ShinxHiromi and ShinxNoe are both quite possible, but I prefer a ShinxNoe ending. I think Shin and Hiromi’s relationship is based on Hiromi wanting to rely on Shin so she won’t be alone and Shin wanting to be her knight. The support is pretty much one-way, with Shin caring for Hiromi. I think a better resolution to Hiromi’s problem will be to realize that she could be alone and be okay, even without Shin. As for Shin and Noe, I think they complement each other better. Noe inspires Shin and helps him find his will to do the things he wanted (“to fly”). Shin keeps Noe a bit more grounded and helps her to live life with feeling again (I think she shut her feelings a little after her grandmother’s death. That’s why she couldn’t cry.) Overall, I’ve really enjoyed watching the series and I’m looking forward to see its conclusion.
Old 2008-03-25, 13:50   Link #140
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
^^ you made some very good points. but from Hiromi's point I just dont see a good solid ending with her being resolved if it is Indeed ShinXNoe. Maybe she will have some sort of acceptance thing.......but I just don't see that.
Either way, i do feel that Hiromi does Love Shin more than Noe Loves shin. it's a different love, but a more Pure love I believe (since they were childhood friends)...but then again maybe they are just meant to be together. as friends

and btw guys and girls...who says Shin can't have both eh?
hey it's possible? lol. or EVEN all 3 lol
Closed Thread