AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 19:23   Link #7461
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Has anyone else noticed that both Lelouch AND Suzaku were right in regards to their respective R1 philosophies of change from the outside versus toppling from the outside? At the end of the series, they've both had successes that justify them.

Lelouch, through armed opposition, united Japan and half of the world behind zero, conquered the hearts of the Chinese Federation, took control of Britannia, and then conquered the world so he could do as he wanted from the top.

Suzaku, following his belief that true change could only come from working and changing the system from the inside, slowly gained the respect and ear of the Britannian royal family and leading knights such as Guliford. From a position of subservience, the higher authorities above him accepted him as a legitimate proof of the Honorary Britanian system (Dalton, Guliford, Cornelia) made the SAZ (Euphie), took him into confidence (Charles and the Realm of C), and even Schneizel agreed to be a better leader than Charles should Suzaku launch a coup. And then, as Knight of Zero, Suzaku was witness to the abolishment of the Number system, the aristocracy, and the old guard he said from the start should be reformed out. Even now as Zero he plays the system for the sake of peace.

After 374 pages of Suzaku discussion, hundreds of them about the impossibility of his desire for reform from within, can it be admitted that, hypocritical at the time or not, Suzaku succeded? And so did Lelouch?
OMG... DEAN! Where teh hell have you been? XD
As usual, you are of course on point.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 19:28   Link #7462
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
OMG... DEAN! Where teh hell have you been? XD
As usual, you are of course on point.
Life is a long road to have a ruckmarch on.

(Seriously, college and Army. I just finished my first batch of midterms, and finally decided to indulge in Geass again. I even wrote a crack fic at FFN, and have some plans for more Geass drabbles, some involving Suzaku crack romances to make up for all the Lelouch Harem/Suzaku abstinence out there.)
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:45   Link #7463
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaefer_zwei View Post
though he is still alive, Suzaku Kururugi the face is dead. his wish finally came true i guess. To die as punishment for his sins and at the same time to live. that could have been his true victory and not in some KMF battle.
Yeah in the end that part of it was accomplished. Besides he gets part of what he wanted in terms of facing punishment for all the sins he's committed to this point. Having 'Suzaku' die in the public sense and carrying the mantel of Zero for as long as it is necessary. I'm just glad there was a good fight for the Albion even if it got destroyed in the end. Though Suzaku proves again he doesn't need a hax machine since he can do just fine on his own .
Old 2008-09-28, 21:18   Link #7464
Eliarine

Quote:
After 374 pages of Suzaku discussion, hundreds of them about the impossibility of his desire for reform from within, can it be admitted that, hypocritical at the time or not, Suzaku succeded? And so did Lelouch?
Yes we can. And that makes me a happy fangirl.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 21:23   Link #7465
orangejuicetang

Did anyone else find it interesting that Suzaku once agian sort of ends up as Nunually's knight? in a way.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 21:32   Link #7466
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Did anyone else find it interesting that Suzaku once agian sort of ends up as Nunually's knight? in a way.
Destiny at this point
Both are members of the Fliea club

Suzaku plus Nunnally = Their kids will be coordinaters
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:39   Link #7467
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang
You know, I like to consider all the "what ifs" of Code Geass, and there are a lot of them centered around Suzaku and Lelouch, and this one ranks pretty high up there.

"What if Cecil had gotten lost in Ashford, been five minutes late, and Lelouch had been able to ask Suzaku to be Nunally's Knight?"

Some things it doesn't change, like Suzaku being revealed that night. He certainly wouldn't quite the military, because he believes that in changing the system he'll be making the world better for Nunnaly.

But could he accept Euphie's request to be her knight, now that he's already sworn to protect another? Or would he have to turn that down? Would Nunally's existence be revealed to Euphie and Cornelia? And if so, how does that affect Lelouch? (Might he stage his disappearance at that moment, accepting Nunally to be safe under Suzaku the Empire's protection as he did in R2?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Suzaku plus Nunnally = Their kids will be coordinaters
Sterile, pencil-thin sexually-ambigous children with the IQ of Einstein but the mental maturity an eight year old?

I'd like to think they could do better than that.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:43   Link #7468
rile

Quote:
You know, I like to consider all the "what ifs" of Code Geass, and there are a lot of them centered around Suzaku and Lelouch, and this one ranks pretty high up there.

"What if Cecil had gotten lost in Ashford, been five minutes late, and Lelouch had been able to ask Suzaku to be Nunally's Knight?"

Some things it doesn't change, like Suzaku being revealed that night. He certainly wouldn't quite the military, because he believes that in changing the system he'll be making the world better for Nunnaly.

But could he accept Euphie's request to be her knight, now that he's already sworn to protect another? Or would he have to turn that down? Would Nunally's existence be revealed to Euphie and Cornelia? And if so, how does that affect Lelouch? (Might he stage his disappearance at that moment, accepting Nunally to be safe under Suzaku the Empire's protection as he did in R2?)

Sterile, pencil-thin sexually-ambigous children with the IQ of Einstein but the mental maturity an eight year old?

Yea i gotta the say the shoe has lots of unexpected twists and turns.Although i heard that all that chnages and the shoe really hits a downwards slope in the R-2 episodes of the secound season...man i hope the rumors arent true.
rile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:46   Link #7469
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rile View Post
Yea i gotta the say the shoe has lots of unexpected twists and turns.Although i heard that all that chnages and the shoe really hits a downwards slope in the R-2 episodes of the secound season...man i hope the rumors arent true.
It's a matter of opinion. A number things built up in the first season never get proper development or are even addressed in the second. Suzaku's supernatural physical abilities and relation to Geass, the budding friendship/relationship with Kallen, the fact that C.C. was watching him and Lelouch in Japan seven years ago, none of those are ever really built upon.
Old 2008-09-28, 23:18   Link #7470
mega4000
Banned

hello people.

I know that I don't post so much in this forum and sometimes I was a jerk with some persons in the kallen topic, well doesn't matter.
I was reading and reading the whole posts things and I wanted to know, wha actually really happen in the lancelot albion vs gullen seiten fight? I have seen the episode at least 2 times and that part like 7 times, and reading a lot of post.
Some people say that kallen won, but I don't think so because all was part of the plan, but still I want to hear the opinion from a person with a lot of basis and not just fanboysm, so could some one tell me if I'm wrong with my point of view from this battle? please, I really want to know.

plus: have anyone notice that albion didn't use his feather beams?
mega4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:29   Link #7471
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega4000 View Post
I know that I don't post so much in this forum and sometimes I was a jerk with some persons in the kallen topic, well doesn't matter.
I was reading and reading the whole posts things and I wanted to know, wha actually really happen in the lancelot albion vs gullen seiten fight? I have seen the episode at least 2 times and that part like 7 times, and reading a lot of post.
Some people say that kallen won, but I don't think so because all was part of the plan, but still I want to hear the opinion from a person with a lot of basis and not just fanboysm, so could some one tell me if I'm wrong with my point of view from this battle? please, I really want to know.

The battle ended in a draw with both mechs disabled and Kallen falling toward her death while Suzaku's mech fizzled and exploded. But Gino came along and saved Kallen from dying. However, it was later revealed that this was all part of the plan to fake Suzaku's death, so either he let her get the last shot on him or the explosion was something he triggered himself rather than something Kallen's stab caused (or both).
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:36   Link #7472
mega4000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
The battle ended in a draw with both mechs disabled and Kallen falling toward her death while Suzaku's mech fizzled and exploded. But Gino came along and saved Kallen from dying. However, it was later revealed that this was all part of the plan to fake Suzaku's death, so either he let her get the last shot on him or the explosion was something he triggered himself rather than something Kallen's stab caused (or both).
thanks man, I'm pissed off because everybody around there keept saying that kallen won. I tought the same as you plus, I really want a picture drama or some information who prof my point.
Hey, how kallen would die if she fall? I've seen many mecha shows and when pilots fall they ussually survives, so it was so high the sky of damocles? or she would die because the shield radiation?.
mega4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:40   Link #7473
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
thanks man, I'm pissed off because everybody around there keept saying that kallen won. I tought the same as you plus, I really want a picture drama or some information who prof my point.
Hey, how kallen would die if she fall? I've seen many mecha shows and when pilots fall they ussually survives, so it was so high the sky of damocles? or she would die because the shield radiation?.
Damocles' altitude was incredibly high. It was heading into the upper levels of Earth's stratosphere, if you'll recall. On top of that, Kallen was unconscious.
Old 2008-09-28, 23:41   Link #7474
Micante

Quote:

How about a Rau Le Creuset? Mature in their own way with a high IQ, but physical conditions which require constant treatment.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:44   Link #7475
Sol Falling

As far as I'm concerned, Lelouch got the better end of the stick, and I think that the ending was really unfair to Suzaku. On the other hand, it's still rather fitting, and watching Zero run and dodge past half a dozen Knightmares was seriously awsome. So in the end, all I can say is..."All Hail Suzaku!"
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:49   Link #7476
X_Danny_X

Quote:

i dont know why people saying Kallen won? in reality Suzaku won! alot of people are saying that it was a draw but a draw that Kallen received the short end of the stick.

Suzaku allowed himself to be hit with that fatal blow...he didnt follow his geass which was telling him avoid it and allow himself to be hit! Kallen collapsed soon afterwards but remember Suzaku escaped his pod, so he was still kicking. Kallen was giving it her all and then some that she couldnt continue anymore unlike Suzaku. If there was no Gino, Kallen would of perish and if Suzaku followed his Live Geass, he would of avoided the fatal blow and disable Kallen. Remember, Kallen was trying to kill Suzaku but Suzaku wasnt trying to kill Kallen. Suzaku made Kallen and Gino believe that she had won and that he himself Suzaku had died in order to continue following the Zero R. plan.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2008-09-29 at 01:00.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:04   Link #7477
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So, how many people are calling him Zerozaku?
Old 2008-09-29, 01:16   Link #7478
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
As far as I'm concerned, Lelouch got the better end of the stick, and I think that the ending was really unfair to Suzaku. On the other hand, it's still rather fitting, and watching Zero run and dodge past half a dozen Knightmares was seriously awsome. So in the end, all I can say is..."All Hail Suzaku!"
This is true, but I don't think Suzaku would have it any other way in terms of getting the short end of the stick. He's been seeking atonement for this entire series.
Old 2008-09-29, 01:53   Link #7479
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by rile View Post
What are you supposed to be Ed Sullivan or something?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 02:35   Link #7480
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So, how many people are calling him Zerozaku?
*Hand raised*

I hope Zero-zaku() will create a better world with Nunnaly...and then, when Zero won't be needed anymore, he will be free and he will be happy with her!

I think this is the best ending for him: He can atone his sins and ride out the pain with Nunnaly's help.
After finishing his job as Zero, he will have the life he deserves... and he won't be alone anymore!

Aww.... Suzaku and Nunnaly are young, they have an entire life in front of them!!
*fangirl squeez*
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote