Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-26, 04:54   Link #1
Saber
イバー

Lightbulb The Moon Is A Day East and West - Operation Sanctuary

Phew, probably the longest title ever
Anyway, does anyone know which group will be fansubbing Operation Sanctuary?
The first episode will be aired on AT-X on 6/30, and by just looking at the official site: http://www.hanihani.tv/ (and the girls of cousre XD), i think it's gonna be a great series!
P.S. there're six unshown characters on the character page, anyone know why? Maybe they're the boys? Oh, can someone provide some info on the game this anime series is based on pls?

Last edited by xris; 2004-07-12 at 04:58. Reason: Since no one is really talking about fansub groups now, moved back to Fansub forum
Old 2004-06-26, 05:08   Link #2
TronDD
Team the box!

What kind of anime is this going to be? What genre? Has the makings of a harem romance. The babelfish translation of the story makes it seem more slice of life, though.

"The everyday life which is repeated and exists everywhere gets going, little by little."
Old 2004-06-26, 05:47   Link #3
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

err... where did you get this weird translation of the title? I think it should be "Moon on the East and Sun on the West" or something like that... the game is supposed to be some school life adventure... the official genre of the game is "rushing-around-in-school adventure"... sounds like a school romance anime?

BTW I guess you can check up the "unshown characters" here
http://www.alchemist-net.co.jp/produ...ani/chara.html
Old 2004-06-26, 06:46   Link #4
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
err... where did you get this weird translation of the title? I think it should be "Moon on the East and Sun on the West" or something like that... the game is supposed to be some school life adventure... the official genre of the game is "rushing-around-in-school adventure"... sounds like a school romance anime?

BTW I guess you can check up the "unshown characters" here
http://www.alchemist-net.co.jp/produ...ani/chara.html
Probably because the same kanji for "day" is also "sun"? You should know^^ This is another ero-game based anime, not that there's any wrong with it mind you^^
"The Moon is in the East and the Sun in the West"--I guess could be it; there's something off with the Moon being "on" the East, and since "Ni" can be interpreted as most positional (in, on, next to... I think^^) description, I suppose "in" sound a bit better
Old 2004-06-30, 19:11   Link #5
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Operation Sanctuary is an ero-game -> anime conversion, like Kanon, To Heart, Kiminozo, and Da Capo.
Old 2004-06-30, 19:40   Link #6
HydraDragoon
???!!!???!!!?!?!

Ayu has picked up this series and you can expect a release in the next few days. I think the title was translated to "Moon to East and Sun to West" or close, but I think we'll be releasing it under "Hanihani".
Old 2004-06-30, 19:51   Link #7
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

月は東に日は西に -Operation Sanctuary-
x "The Moon Is A Day East and West - Operation Sanctuary "
o "The Moon Is In The East, The Sun Is In The West - Operation Sanctuary"

The "Hani-Hani" comes from the two hiragana letters between the kanjis for "Moon & East" and "Sun & West"

This is a fifteen minute program on the same half hour block shared with it's sister show, "Wind"
Old 2004-07-01, 03:00   Link #8
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

The raw for Wind is like 76mb.

Are the episodes 8 minutes long or something?
Old 2004-07-01, 06:07   Link #9
Fronzel
Schmuck

kj1980 answered that question.
Old 2004-07-01, 06:56   Link #10
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
P.S. there're six unshown characters on the character page, anyone know why? Maybe they're the boys? Oh, can someone provide some info on the game this anime series is based on pls?
I've had a look on the official site, and it seems like those unshown characters would be these ones (I can't guaranty that I'm 100% right though) :

Spoiler:

Last edited by Thany; 2004-07-03 at 07:25.
Old 2004-07-01, 09:06   Link #11
LC-Mic
A-Re/ VA/ IFA Staff

I have watched the raw, its length is about 12:30, so it's shorter than 15 minutes excluding those commercial messages.
Old 2004-07-01, 11:57   Link #12
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just watched HaniHani episode 1, I had no clue what this show about. Kinda feels like Da Capo or To Heart. School drama begining.

The foot stand makes me smile tho. ^^;;
Old 2004-07-01, 18:47   Link #13
B3H

This series seems kinda interesting. Only prob its 13:00 mins long Does anyone know how many total episodes there might be?
Old 2004-07-02, 23:24   Link #14
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Donno, ANN doesn't list the number of episodes.

Hopefully it'll be at least 26, or else I'm saddened how they'll condense the entire storyline into 13, 12min episodes
Old 2004-07-03, 06:56   Link #15
Saber
イバー

Gomen, gomen~ I was being rushy
The title really should be "The Moon is in the East, the Sun is in the West"
Anidb says it's 13 ep long. I've watched the first ep and my guess is that, since anidb classified it as drama, the main plot will be Mikoto and Honami's competing for Naoki...The OP gave out some hints too.
T_T Both Mikoto and Honami are so lovable, dun want either of them to be hurt. ><
Old 2004-07-05, 02:33   Link #16
Thany
Unfair

I just watched the sub by [SS] and all I have to say is that they shouldn't have taken the lowest quality RAW out there while there are 170MB HQ quality raws easily available -.-
Still this anime seems quite interesting
Old 2004-07-05, 23:30   Link #17
suguru
京都 ikitai~

The first episode was OK, but I wonder when we'll find out more about...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-06, 00:34   Link #18
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I just saw the first episode and the show just seems so...generic. Well it's only the first episode.

In any case, shouldn't this thread be moved to the fansub section, now that a group is actually subbing it?
Old 2004-07-06, 00:58   Link #19
randall
Ayu Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
I just watched the sub by [SS] and all I have to say is that they shouldn't have taken the lowest quality RAW out there while there are 170MB HQ quality raws easily available -.-
Still this anime seems quite interesting

the supposedly 170mb raw is the best out there but the quality is still very bad, imo =P
Old 2004-07-06, 10:00   Link #20
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by randall
the supposedly 170mb raw is the best out there but the quality is still very bad, imo =P
Based on what I read on 2ch, it seems the source (AT-X) was bad to begin with.
Closed Thread