AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-05, 13:28   Link #2501
Rasen

On what basis are people calling Tigre dense?

He's obviously aware of the attraction between him and the Vanadis. And vice versa.

The thing is, they are ALL aware of their social standings and the possible problems that would result from actually pursuing a relationship.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 13:58   Link #2502
Newhope

They call him dense because he doesn't jump on them right away, to me he's young and inexperenced in handling women but he's definitely not dense.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 14:01   Link #2503
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

u know ..... i've been thinking recently that maybe tigre is a decendant of the same family as the first king ..... not like a direct decendant but more of like that king was his ancestral uncle.... or maybe hes the bas**** grandson of the previous king of zacht (game of thrones made me beleve)

or maybe hes just some dude whos family gained favor with the goddes of death.
and by the way if u think about it in most myth death gods arnt the most faverd.

Quote:
They call him dense because he doesn't jump on them right away, to me he's young and inexperenced in handling women but he's definitely not dense.
and for that i call him smart for not jumping on women who could potentaly kill him
Old 2013-08-05, 20:34   Link #2504
captain127

The political thing the author brings up is legitimate. He is barely considered a lord whilst his potential love interests are: a queen of his country, vanadis' who are pretty much worshiped in their own country. You can't really do much in that position. In the past where he was a child and was hunting with regin (is that her name? cant remember, the queen anyways) and panicked because the "prince" was injured, maybe a cut? and he worried being executed over this minor incident. And the Vanadis are from another country, he pretty much represents his own country so if he does something bad the King of Zchted could demand his head or war. Politics comes before love in these ages, only thing I can think of as an example would be Troy.
captain127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 22:45   Link #2505
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

ok ok it seems i hit a nerve with the word "dense". I wasnt really trying to say he's stupid im just saying that with some of the girls he doesnt even notive their affections. such as teita (at first) and princess regin. but i do believe that they're all holding back due to their statuses. that is why im waiting for there to be a loophole where either he or the girls can start advancing towards each other although i hope its a harem loophole lol
Old 2013-08-05, 22:56   Link #2506
bakapervert
A pervert

^ If you remember, the founder of Zchted is a nobody that appeared from nowhere and claiming he is reincarnation of black dragon. So clearly power is above status. Might makes right, if Tigre can fully mastered the bow's power, nobody should be able to protest if he want to marry Regin or the Vanadis, especially if he do it in a chaotic era.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 23:10   Link #2507
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^ If you remember, the founder of Zchted is a nobody that appeared from nowhere and claiming he is reincarnation of black dragon. So clearly power is above status. Might makes right, if Tigre can fully mastered the bow's power, nobody should be able to protest if he want to marry Regin or the Vanadis, especially if he do it in a chaotic era.
Anyone can go ahead and protest, rebel or fight against him.

After he culls about 15-20% of the nobles families in the ensuing civil war, then it is no longer a problem.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 23:40   Link #2508
bakapervert
A pervert

Considering the appearance of many kind of monster in Madan, I think the final battle in this novel is going to be against a monster army. If Tigre can master the bow and go nuts against the monsters, obliterating army singlehandedly with his bow, in the aftermath no one should dare to go against him (hell, all those nobles might even begging Tigre to be the king).
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 00:27   Link #2509
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Considering the appearance of many kind of monster in Madan, I think the final battle in this novel is going to be against a monster army. If Tigre can master the bow and go nuts against the monsters, obliterating army singlehandedly with his bow, in the aftermath no one should dare to go against him (hell, all those nobles might even begging Tigre to be the king).
if his ancestor did the nuke arrowshot at the cost of dying on the spot, Tigre can accomplish a similar feat, just no that nuke arrowshot his progenitor did.

also, Alexandria for Tigre PLOX.
Old 2013-08-06, 05:00   Link #2510
borisdrakoni

Quote:
I'd rather not see this series diverge onto the Berserk route. There's just no happy ending possible at that point. It does make one wonder though why there are even monsters present to begin with. As far as it goes they and their associates are about the only ones so far that have any knowledge of the bow's origin, which is telling since it apparently predates the formation of Brune and Zhcted. Also the fact that they seem to hold the owner of the bow in higher regard than a Vanadis.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 05:41   Link #2511
Rin Listviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ashfyre View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

As I'm sure you know, that's not the way Madan's played out its characters' relationships. Ellen and Mira are certainly a given at this point, but they've still a fair way to go in their own respects.

My broader point with respect to Sophie is that it's not in line with what we've seen thus far for her feelings to do a near complete 180 from having a slight interest in Tigre to having fallen for him simply because he played the hero once or twice.

Characters like Sophie and Sasha, for as far as I've been led to believe, have higher standards than that and it would only seem to cheapen the whole experience if it happened any other way.
Do you know??there's the what soo called "Supension bridge Effect"...to explain high standard ladies to turn complete 180..
Rin Listviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 07:53   Link #2512
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin Listviel View Post
Do you know??there's the what soo called "Supension bridge Effect"...to explain high standard ladies to turn complete 180..
Ellen cried when she heard tigre did not make it back to LeitMeritz. And she is starting to show symptoms of weakening such as lower efficiency and the darkening of eyes.

To the end of time...i will stay by you...Ti...gr..e
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 08:55   Link #2513
Zakoo

Meh, Alsace has a long history of belonging to both Germany and France depending on who won the war, it wouldn't be surprising if the autor used this fact and made tigre a descendant of the first king but after some century Alsace was taken from Zecht by Brune and the bloodline forgotten.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 09:11   Link #2514
Mars Mode

in this case which one would be France and which one Germany
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 09:24   Link #2515
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Brune is France and Zecht is Germany ?

Military that is
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 09:26   Link #2516
Zakoo

Capitale of Brune : Nice

First knight of Brune : Roland, and his legendary sword Durandal.

I mean not knowing where nice is situated is totally understandable, but not knowing Roland & Durandal as fellow anime fan (it's one of the most re-used legend by japenese anime alongside Excalibur and Pendragon Arthur) is quite hard, especially after the so god-like volume 3.
Old 2013-08-06, 09:34   Link #2517
Mars Mode

Oh certainly, how come I didnt see it before.

Because of the Vanadis and the different names I just didnt make a connection between this world and the one of Vanadis, I mean for all I know the author could put different legends in different settings, but now that you mention it.

It makes sense thank you.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 09:55   Link #2518
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Brune is France and Zecht is Germany ?

Military that is
Well, you can considered Brune as France, But Zchted can't be considered as Germany. I mean, look at those names (such as Viltaria, Obertas, Alshavin); there are no geman names. I think most of those names are russian names. So from my pv, Zchted can be considered as Russia.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 10:38   Link #2519
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
Well, you can considered Brune as France, But Zchted can't be considered as Germany. I mean, look at those names (such as Viltaria, Obertas, Alshavin); there are no geman names. I think most of those names are russian names. So from my pv, Zchted can be considered as Russia.
Personal names have a tendency to cross national borders in one form or another, but the territory names in Zchted are without a doubt German. Asvarre also seems to correspond with Great Britain. Incidentally, Tigre's given name seems to have a Norse or Icelandic background.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 11:05   Link #2520
Zakoo

Well there's also the fact, that generally speaking when you think about dragon, the first thing that comes to mind is Siegfried who killed a dragon in the german derivation of Volsunga Saga.

You take a bit everywhere and you can attain a good correlation with the world of madan.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)