AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-21, 16:18   Link #8421
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Pen is showing off, , i'm still ~ 20k away from free xping the KV 4, then need prolly another 170k to unlock the ST 1, meanwhile my E100 grind will prolly take about 1 month grind if i just do the daily on the E75.
But i actually played 260 games on the Foch and used no free xp to unlock the 155.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 17:19   Link #8422
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I am 10k away from kv 4 and 176k away from the St 1.
Old 2013-07-21, 18:23   Link #8423
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
*looks at exp required to get to the T-62a*

Yep, this will take a while. Ironically, the number of matches I have with the E-75 is nearly the same, and yet I'm less than 20k experience away from the E-75... Which I won't get, because its final gun requires HEAT use to be useful.

Still not transferring my Indienpanzer guys to the Leopard PTA. No cash to do so.
Old 2013-07-21, 19:21   Link #8424
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

On the match where I got the 1st Mastery Badge for the Jagdtiger, I happened to run into a three-person MUP platoon in my team.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I had a dumb moment near the end when I kept futilely trying to pen rev01ution's (the T26E4) spaced armor with 352 penetration gold rounds instead of just hitting the weak spots. While I was occupied, the enemy M53/M55 snuck up behind me without me noticing at all. He wanted to get a direct hit on me, but our IS-6 shot him once while he was climbing a ridge right behind me, and he ended up accidentally killing himself by ramming into me. Strigon 13 finished the T26E4 off and the IS-6 and I won by capping, the SU-152 nowhere in sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
*looks at exp required to get to the T-62a*

Yep, this will take a while.
Now compare that to the 301k XP required to get to the Object 268.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 19:36   Link #8425
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

where is dah replay!

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 20:42   Link #8426
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Somehow, I've been enjoying myself; had some decent games the last couple of nights (and by decent, I mean "Got at least one kill before dying." )

I find that while I suck majorly in solo pub, and based on stats I'm one of the weakest players in [VLCTY], the Spacebattles clan, whenever we're platooning and we have voice, I actually tend to do quite okay, all things considered. *shrug*

The Valentine AT is something of a slog and a pain in the ass and I will not be sorry to get rid of it; working my way up to the Alecto. I'll probably stop at there for a while, since I'm tired of slowass TDs, though someday I may want to get the AT-2, for its bouncy trollomium armor.

After some playing, I think I'm starting to get the hang of the Covenanter. It's fast and speedy, armor is crap but it's great at hull-down and scouting, so I'm now trying to learn how to scout in it, all in preparation for my Crusader. Went and used some spare gold to convert Exp from my cruiser II and T-34 into Free Exp, so I'm probably going to grind until I have enough to get the Crusader and its suspension and turret. I'm so glad most of the Crusader's guns are shared with the Valentine.

It's funny... I didn't intend to, but without realising it my garage is full of British tanks. Huh. They're actually pretty fun, if sometimes unbearably slow...

Ah, well, I'm getting a raise next month. I can put that towards getting some extra garage spaces and grinding my way to the KV-1. I really regret not getting it 2 years ago. Heavy tank that's still pretty mobile, great gun, bouncy and survivable... and it's hilariously fail when I'm in a British light and I see a KV-1 overtaking me.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 20:58   Link #8427
Gravitas Free Zone

There was a Highway game where my Matilda and a Valentine shot our way through 10 of the enemy team and made it to the opposing flag.

...unfortunately their force reached our base and outcapped us. No way a Matilda is getting back across the map to reset anything.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 21:47   Link #8428
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It's situations like that which makes quick mediums a whole lot more favorable, for the sheer flex factor.
Old 2013-07-21, 22:00   Link #8429
Gravitas Free Zone

Given my preferences, the Matilda is not something I really enjoy driving, but at least has the benefit of a ridiculous gun... and people don't complain about you getting across the map in time, because of course you can't. The armor is only really foolproof against smaller tanks; TDs of its tier and higher-tier tanks will go straight through it. And yeah, it can't swing worth a damn.

This is much more my preference:

Images
Old 2013-07-22, 00:31   Link #8430
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I was freaking shaking by the end of this match. The latter part of the match was basically my teammates dropping like flies while the middle hill (I spawned north) was swarmed by enemies. I ended up clumsily peeking over the top of the hill to poke them out one by one. Thank goodness I had two really good teammates to back me up.

Images
ISU-152: harbinger of doom
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 01:14   Link #8431
Pen3

Man this is why i love the FV183 it is a blast to play. Hit that T-62A for 1950 damage. Not sure why i didn't get Reaper when i 1 shot everything there was no rack or fire at all.
Images
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 08:23   Link #8432
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Man this is why i love the FV183 it is a blast to play. Hit that T-62A for 1950 damage. Not sure why i didn't get Reaper when i 1 shot everything there was no rack or fire at all.
Images
Reaper only engages if you break your previous record AFAIK. Basically if you've killed 4 tanks for your first Reaper medal in a particular vehicle, you need to do 5 to get it again for that tank.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 14:39   Link #8433
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Correction Teru the E 75 and Maus share the same final gun. it uses APCR, your prolly thinking of the E 100's final gun that uses HEAT. the difference is the Maus and 75's gun is 128mm while the E 100's final gun is the 130mm.

I hate fighting the 183 sometimes. just as much as the JDPZE100. That ludicrious to have 420 pen.
Old 2013-07-22, 14:54   Link #8434
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Hmmm , go for the E5 or go for the T-62A.....Tough choice....

Also , i need a lot credits to purchase another tier 10 , there is a credit bundle in the gift shop right now but i'm on the red this month so must not spend my money or else i will be kicked out of my current house ...
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 14:57   Link #8435
Blaat

Sold the BDR and bought the ARL 44, that stock turret...

Also I wish MM was like this every time I clicked battle in my AMX 13 75.
Old 2013-07-22, 15:00   Link #8436
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
...there is a credit bundle in the gift shop right now but i'm on the red this month so must not spend my money or else i will be kicked out of my current house ...
Gift shop credits bundles are usually bad in the gold-to-dollars conversion. It only helps you if you have a lot less time than money.
Old 2013-07-22, 15:07   Link #8437
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I have both tanks. E5 can last longer than the T62A unless you play it like a mobile sniper.

E5 - 120mm - 340 pen - HEAT
T62A - 100mm - 330 pen - HEAT/also uses a weaker pen APCR round for reg ammo

hard to compare mbt to a cold war heavy tank that never made prototype or production.

looks like i am not the only one that thinks the arl stock turret looks funny XD.
Old 2013-07-22, 15:12   Link #8438
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Duh , it is a mobile French coffin...
T-62A gained superior camo and RoF though , i have seen 1 sitting in a bush and spot everyone on the hill .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 15:16   Link #8439
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I think of it as penetrable bunker tank until it gets upgraded......

T62a isn't a scout. so y would it be doing spotting. unless ur that retarded to play it like a scout. i don't play mine like a scout. i play it as a mobile sniper.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-07-22 at 16:20.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 16:46   Link #8440
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I use my Leo I as a scout and a mobile sniper. I have to tell ya, its extremely fitting for that role.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks