AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-20, 01:57   Link #101
00Coyote

Ririchiyo is so friggin cute!

Spoiler for nothing but a fangasm, move along, nothing to see here:

The only thing I really noticed objectionable, well, before the cuteness shorted out my critical thinking circuits, was the excessive re-use of footage/flashbacks. Even that was decently well handled, if not a bit annoying.

so cute...
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 02:31   Link #102
Raiga
tl;dr

Pace definitely slowed; they're taking it one chapter at a time so far, but chapter 2 was naturally not as long as the pilot. The amount of flashbacks did seem excessive, but I enjoyed the rest of the episode as much as I enjoyed episode 1. Ririchiyo's transformation scene was incredibly sexy, and I couldn't stop laughing throughout that ED. They really played up Soushi's comedic-creepy factor.

Next week looks like it'll maintain the chapter-per-episode pace, but I expect some of the more slice-of-life-y chapters will get condensed. Unless they want to drag it out so episode 12 coincides with chapter 10, which would require a lot of filler.
Old 2012-01-20, 07:53   Link #103
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The title was so misleading, I expected the girl to be the puppy, so I was quite disappointed that she turned out to be a bitch (technically still a dog)

Nonetheless, it was interesting to watch... was wondering though, why the shounen tag? Judging from the troupes it follows it looks more like shoujo
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 08:16   Link #104
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
was wondering though, why the shounen tag? Judging from the troupes it follows it looks more like shoujo
Because the original manga is published in shonen magazine,it's as simple as that.
Old 2012-01-20, 09:53   Link #105
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Haha, definately loved the opening. There's a line between wanting to be a servent and being crazy over someone, and Soushi is definately being crazy over Ririchiyo. He wanted to follow Ririchiyo into the girls bathroom, who knows what more he would have wanted to do if he proceeded in with her XD

I just love how devestated Soushi is when he learns that Ririchiyo did things by herself without him XD He's very overdramatic...but that doesn't mean I want him to stop, i'm loving his reactions

Karuto is just sooooo adorable! I want to cuddle her and pet her and...I should probably stop talking before I start getting weird looks from the next things I'm about to say

Soushi is sooo awesome! I love his transformation and how he looks. That ending was nice though when he grasped Ririchiyo and hugged her when he was relieved that she was safe Ririchiyo's form looks pretty cool as welll

After the credits, the way Ririchiyo acted was so cute when she tried to figure out how to send a text
Old 2012-01-20, 11:11   Link #106
Audit01

HA HA HA !!

^^------------------------- Macross Frontier !!!! -------------------------^^
Audit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 14:15   Link #107
ookamigirl

Fox guy is just so incredibly loyal and totally adorable (*´▽`*)
Seeing them in some real action felt kinda like a treat ^^
Ririchiyo sure is a calm and calculated girl. I like her other form.
The welcome part was nice too.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 16:02   Link #108
LKK

Since both the secret service members and their clients have ayakashi forms, I wonder what determines which classification a person falls into? Is it as simple as social standing? Or might there be something more? (I'm not really looking for an answer right now, but I hope it's a question they eventually address.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 16:02   Link #109
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Because the original manga is published in shonen magazine,it's as simple as that.
Ah! these herbivorous japanese teenagers

Still I hope with time the title's Inu turns into a short for mesu inu and will be referring to Riri, and the bokutachi to her animal/ghost harem

At least the odd-eyed guys approach (i.e. begging) worked in only one episode

EDIT after watching the 2nd episode:

Shounen, my ass... Riri and her puppy's lines are like two guys fighting over who is going to be on top in a yaoi doujinshi

I have not heard so many boku in any other anime and does not fit neither Riri nor her puppy, both of them are extremely feminine in addition to helpless

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-20 at 19:57.
Old 2012-01-20, 22:18   Link #110
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Ririchiyo looks so cute in a miko outfit and horns
Old 2012-01-20, 22:22   Link #111
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Since both the secret service members and their clients have ayakashi forms, I wonder what determines which classification a person falls into? Is it as simple as social standing? Or might there be something more? (I'm not really looking for an answer right now, but I hope it's a question they eventually address.)
We can assume it's primarily social standing because we see in the first episode as I already mentioned how well off Ririchiyo's family was. Also the fact that the scroll guy even visited with her and knew her as a kid would imply his family is well off too.

Quote:
EDIT after watching the 2nd episode:

Shounen, my ass... Riri and her puppy's lines are like two guys fighting over who is going to be on top in a yaoi doujinshi

I have not heard so many boku in any other anime and does not fit neither Riri nor her puppy, both of them are extremely feminine in addition to helpless
Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen, Josei are not genres. They are just the demographic the original work was targeted towards usually based on the magazine it's ran in. This is run in a shounen magazine, so it's shounen, end of story. I really don't understand how people can't know this by now.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 22:31   Link #112
Malkuth
Banned

^ hey mate, target audience is a genre/tag, generalized and pointless, OK, yet... my point is that this show is perfect for fujoshi, not underaged japanese youth, whether I like it or not (boku-spam excluded) ;p
Old 2012-01-20, 22:33   Link #113
Xacual

Quote:
^ hey mate, target audience is a genre/tag, generalized and pointless, OK, yet... my point is that this show is perfect for fujoshi, not underaged japanese youth, whether I like it or not (boku-spam excluded) ;p
I'm not sure how a romance between a girl and guy is perfect for yaoi fans but ok.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 22:38   Link #114
Malkuth
Banned

^ when the girl refers to herself as a manly hump... well I hope you get the picture

Plus as I already posted, they are BOTH too girlish to refer to themselves in such a masculine manner
Old 2012-01-20, 22:39   Link #115
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm not sure how a romance between a girl and guy is perfect for yaoi fans but ok.
My japanese is quite limited so I'm not sure of this but I think Malkuth is referencing to how Riri uses "Boku" to refer to herself when it's normaly used by men.
So the dialogue sounds like 2 men talking.

I guess she uses it as part of her "tough girl" exterior she's putting up
Old 2012-01-20, 22:46   Link #116
Malkuth
Banned

^ My japanese are probably more limited, but using boku, given her vulnerable nature is just plain weird... might be a coming twist, but for now from what I#ve seen in the two first episodes it's very unfitting

Same goes for her puppy, using atashi or even her own given name would be more natural since he is a kitsune that is in total denial of her legendary nature as an aggressive and seductive mistress that took even a physical manifestation

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-20 at 22:48. Reason: typos XD
Old 2012-01-20, 22:55   Link #117
Sumeragi
Banned

Boku isn't necessarily a masculine word.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 22:58   Link #118
Malkuth
Banned

^ sure, in geboku it wouldn't
Old 2012-01-21, 06:30   Link #119
warita
Dai-Youkai

Sigh, I think I will drop this series. The first episode was kindo interesting, but I find Soushis "please use me as a doormat" attitude annoying. I thought he would considerably reduce it in episode 2, but alas he didnt and enough is enough.

I forgot the name of that blond haired bodyguard who keeps pressing her sexual preferences and kinky thoughts in our face....... but she is seriously annoying.

Also, episode 2 lacked any plot whatsoever..... Ririchiyos transformation surprised me and made me wonder, why she needs a bodyguard. Oh btw, her youkai form reminded me badly of higurashi!!!

I think this series is nothing for me, it fails to offer anything substancial other than a a loli and some fanservice and that just isnt enough to hold my interests. Had Soushi been a more elegant type of butler/bodyguard like Sebastian, I might consider watching this.... but he isnt.... sigh
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 09:52   Link #120
novalysis

Rin looks like she has the horns of a sheep.

Coincidence?

Does that mean that her body-guard is a literal sheep-dog too?

And I like all those hilarious parallels about dogs and Soushi.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen