4 out of 10 : Poor 6 1.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.46%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-04, 20:48   Link #301
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, that made him look like a jerk, but it seems he is really just playing like Lelouch now.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:48   Link #302
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
My one question, in the beginning... I must've forgotten from last episode, but there weren't that many OotBK folks on "parade" in front of the embassy... So where did the ridiculous horde of them come from when Zero addresses them in the beginning?
I think in episode 3, they said that there were 250ish bks that will be executed.
In ep 4. they were probably hiding or caged in those school bus like vehicles.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:50   Link #303
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
He used Nunnally. He can go ahead and die. -_-
So, does Lulu using other people affect your opinion of him, or is it just because it's Nunnally do you think Suzaku should die?

I think what's he's doing is totally fair game. It's not like he's planning on hurting her. She's going to be the Governor General for crissake. If anything, he wants her help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
I think in episode 3, they said that there were 250ish bks that will be executed.
In ep 4. they were probably hiding or caged in those school bus like vehicles.
Ah, thanks. That probably accounts for it.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:51   Link #304
KrimzonStriker

Oh Fuzzy, the Cat episode in Season 1 was Episode 6, not Episode 5. Turn 5 for R2 was more like mix between episode 6 and episode 21 from Season 1 I felt, with some nice add ons of course
Old 2008-05-04, 20:52   Link #305
nutype
Future MD

it's funny suzaku forced lelouche into a position where he has to lie to his sister he swore that he would never lie to. Lelouche being the sis-kon he is can't do anything lol

my my, suzaku has grown into a respectable character this season. First he sells out his best friend for a promotion and now he is using his sister as a pawn to further his ends. Anyone else starting to like suzaku? I dont understand where all this hate is coming from....this is the best thing that could happen to him.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:52   Link #306
mccolgate

Nunnally will be crushed when Lulu has to pretend not to know her.
mccolgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:52   Link #307
Theron
Professional Lurker

Today was a crazy day for me – a ton of stuff to do so I just watched the episode now. A second time. Anyways this Turn was a lot better then R1 mirror episode. Really solid one. Can’t really highlight anything coz almost everything was really good. Although there are still some minor + and - :

+ TodouxChiba hint was as great as unexpected. Who would have guessed that shipping?

+ Viletta birthday party was for me the highest point of the whole episode. The ending was revealed in spoilers and I was wondering for a long time will Lelouch find out about VilettaxOugi arc and how? And I have to tell I wasn’t disappointed in a second.

+ Ashford cameos like the wall with crosses were great.

- Everlasting Kallen fan service starting to be annoying.

+ Everything else was just great.

A little bit weird thing that writers did with the Order. In the first Turn there is like 5 people with Urabe and he’s saying that they are the last members of the Order. Than every single episode the Order grows exponentially without any recruitment. Ok, there were these three trailers full of people but not as much as there is in front of Chinese embassy in the beginning of this Turn. I don’t really mind that, it’s just weird.

Edit:
+ Oh, yeah I forgot to mention another brilliant scene when Li takes two bad behaved little girls back home.
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:53   Link #308
Kobukson

Quote:
He used Nunnally. He can go ahead and die. -_-
However, he has somehow kept Nunnally safe and relatively happy from what appears in this epi. In a way, he has acted as her "knight" by shielding her from the Emperor in a way much different than Lulu's original idea back in Season 1, but it is troubling in how he is now playing her as Lulu's ultimate opponent (since Lulu wants to take down all those in power in Area 11). But I do think it reinforced how Suzaku's way of trying to save Japan may be valid (even if you can argue it's more morally corrupt than Lulu's).
Kobukson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:54   Link #309
lightbringer
M9000

@JagdPanther et al.:
I don't think Viletta is exactly being blackmailed to join the OotBK - if she did that, she would lose her baroness status anyway, so there's no point to the blackmail. More likely, Lelouch just wants her to keep quiet about his memories' return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
it's funny suzaku forced lelouche into a position where he has to lie to his sister he swore that he would never lie to. Lelouche being the sis-kon he is can't do anything lol
Except that he's already lied to her plenty of times, even if most of them were just white lies.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:54   Link #310
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Oh, that made him look like a jerk, but it seems he is really just playing like Lelouch now.
Don't care. This is personal.

This act is infinitely worse than anything Lelouch did to Euphie in terms of Nunnally's emotional well being, And Suzaku's not even going to bat an eye. So Suzaku can go to hell, that's all there is to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I don't think Viletta is exactly being blackmailed to join the OotBK - if she did that, she would lose her baroness status anyway, so there's no point to the blackmail. More likely, Lelouch just wants her to keep quiet about his memories' return.
She's in her military uniform in the opening after all, so seems reasonable she'll go back to being a Britannain KMF pilot at some point. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:55   Link #311
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Who is to say this wasn't part of the Emperor's plan? V.V. captured Nunnaly and is working with the Emperor, remember? I think it may be safe to say this plan was partially done by his bidding.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:56   Link #312
Kobukson

Quote:
Don't care. This is personal.

Infinitely worse than anything Lelouch did to Euphie in term of Nunnally's emotional well being, And he's not even going to bat an eye. So Suzaku can go to hell, that's all there is to it.
Yeah 'cause you know turning someone into a genocidal freak and the epitome of everything she DESPISED is SO much more healthy.

I still think their both on the same moral level really. (Remember Lulu exploiting the Student Council to prevent Suzaku from fighting him?)
Kobukson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:57   Link #313
scifijimmy

Great episode overall, but I do have some problems. First off, Is Suzaku blind because Lelouch's face was readable to me with the "Ahh, Shit" look. I mean it wasn't the "I've been shot through the heart" look at the end of the episode, but it gave enough away to the fact that he's aware of the past. Maybe Suzaku playing Villeta so he could do the whole phone call showdown scene that was at the end.

"So, Lelouch your blackmailing Villeta with the knowledge that Ogi took care of her when she had amensia, and fell in love with that man at the time." Part of me wants to scream "Are you nuts!?" However given the nature of the previous incident she could probably identify the Ogi, Kallen, and a few others. Finally, on this note was Rolo going to kill Villetta, and for what?

Apparently C.C. has no power of restraint when it comes Pizza. If she can't keep herself from the Academy then Kallen should put guards on her to keep her from leaving the consulate. Btw Kallen that was probably the most silly outfit that you could come up with.

Finally, as I said (or made apparent) Suzaku seriously knows how to shit with Lelouch. Probably the whole idea to make Nunnally the Governor-General was schemed together. Thing I'm left wondering is why the Emperor didn't mess with Nunnally's memories. To torture Lelouch sycologically perhaps?

Also Suzaku, how many Knight's of one are there? ONE, and ONLY ONE. How many contenders are there for the next of that title, Eleven initially including yourself not to mention the Thousands of other knights. To get there you need to be in the Emperor's favor and a supreme Knight. Yes your in the Emperor's favor for now, but are you really better than the five below you, and what will it take to become better than those six above you? Also how are your governoring skills? And these are probably just the "officially recognized" means to get to the position of Knight of One.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:57   Link #314
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Who is to say this wasn't part of the Emperor's plan? V.V. captured Nunnaly and is working with the Emperor, remember? I think it may be safe to say this plan was partially done by his bidding.
No one made Suzaku dial that number. No one made Suzaku keep the truth about what had happened to Lelouch's memories from Nunnally.

He's just as responsible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobukson View Post
Yeah 'cause you know turning someone into a genocidal freak and epitome and everything she DESPISED is SO much more healthy.

I still think their both on the same moral level really.
This has nothing to do with morals. Like I said, this is entirely personal. He's purposely hurting Nunnally, and for what? To find out if Lelouch is Zero? He doesn't get forgiven for this.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:58   Link #315
cajunman380

Quote:
Infinitely worse than anything Lelouch did to Euphie in term of Nunnally's emotional well being, And he's not even going to bat an eye. So Suzaku can go to hell, that's all there is to it.
not really. Nunally is still alive and she wasn't forced to kill people against her will and have her named tarnished forever. I quite frankly cant see anything that tops that. Leouch opened the door when he told Suzaku that he should hate Zero. He made this monster so as far as i'm concerned Suzaku can inflict as much pain as possible. Leouch had it comming.

Quote:
This has nothing to do with morals. Like I said, this is entirely personal. He's purposely hurting Nunnally, and for what? To find out if Lelouch is Zero? He doesn't get forgiven for this.
hes getting revenge. Leouch has as much blame on this as Suzaku so i see no problem with it

Quote:
So in the end I think Suzaku is just gonna let Lelouch leave to think about giving up. No Rolo rescue will be needed. But he really can't talk his way out of this. Suzaku already knows.
The sad thing is, as much as I feel Suzaku should just shoot Leouch and get it over with, we wouldnt have a season 2. And yeah, Suzaku so far has been owning him hard on the conversations and Im loving it.

Quote:
Of course that means he'll die in the end, but don't touch him now!
what do you base this on?
cajunman380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:59   Link #316
Aquaman OS

It probably doesn't matter what he says. Suzaku already knew he has his memory back. He seemed to know from ep 1 before Zero even announced his presence again. The Emperor probably told him. But he definitely already knows since he had his two KOR buddies meet up with him and have the Avalon and Lancelot shipped over. He's already ready for battle.

Since he told him Zero is no longer needed and told him to give the new governor his answer it seems like he's giving Lelouch one last chance to give up being Zero. He's definitely over the Euphie thing by now so he's giving his old friend one last chance to stay out of his way.

So in the end I think Suzaku is just gonna let Lelouch leave to think about giving up. No Rolo rescue will be needed. But he really can't talk his way out of this. Suzaku already knows.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 21:01   Link #317
Theron
Professional Lurker

Don't touch Suzaku! He's a perfect Zero nemesis right now! Of course that means he'll die in the end, but don't touch him now!
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 21:09   Link #318
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was a pleasent thing to get to watch after work...

Easily perfect 10 episode for me. Lots of eyecandy, good dose of humor, and one HELLUVA cliffhanger. Episodes like this remind me why I love anime...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 21:10   Link #319
ZOMGZOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka85 View Post
She's not at Ashford anymore. It was explained that all the students left except for the Student Council members.
Well ya, it would explain it, but y was the mark only sideways? If i remember correctly, she made a + shaped movement when lelouch was watching in Season 1, so there was no reason to change it to only a - .
ZOMGZOMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 21:12   Link #320
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
Great episode overall, but I do have some problems. First off, Is Suzaku blind because Lelouch's face was readable to me with the "Ahh, Shit" look. I mean it wasn't the "I've been shot through the heart" look at the end of the episode, but it gave enough away to the fact that he's aware of the past. Maybe Suzaku playing Villeta so he could do the whole phone call showdown scene that was at the end.
Lelouch turned around and he wasn't facing Suzaku so only the viewers of the anime can see his expression.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote