AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-11, 16:47   Link #81
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
S4.Dynazenon is actually pretty unique for toku-anime coz there is no superhero in the show like S4.Gridman, Garo & Ultraman anime. Instead, the show focuses on one of Gridman's Assist Weapons. If you want a comparison, it's like if Saban makes an animated spin-off of Power Rangers but only featuring the Dragonzord as the hero figure without any costumed superhero present.

Will the entire show feel like a regular Super Robot anime? Well, that's really relative. For me, S4.Dyna already have that unique Gridman feel all over it that other Super Robot shows don't have.
Gridman was basically a Mechafied Ultraman, while Dynazenon is basically like if Super Sentai skipped the ground fight with the monster so they could jump to the combining Mecha fighting the giant monster.
Old 2021-04-11, 20:25   Link #82
grecefar

I came looking for thick waifu but stayed for the mecha, that windged dyna soldier looked really cool.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-11, 22:48   Link #83
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Gridman was basically a Mechafied Ultraman, while Dynazenon is basically like if Super Sentai skipped the ground fight with the monster so they could jump to the combining Mecha fighting the giant monster.
Mate, with the bold line, you're actually describing the basic premise of Super Robot genre (like Mazinger, Getter Robo & Voltus V) which predates Super Sentai and heavily inspired them to make their own humanoid giant mechas starting from Battle Fever J (the 3rd sentai show) .
Old 2021-04-11, 23:23   Link #84
Frontier

Quote:
Mate, with the bold line, you're actually describing the basic premise of Super Robot genre (like Mazinger, Getter Robo & Voltus V) which predates Super Sentai and heavily inspired them to make their own humanoid giant mechas starting from Battle Fever J (the 3rd sentai show) .
Yeah, but what separates it from normal Mecha is it's still derivative of tokusatsu to some extent, which is why I brought up Sentai .
Old 2021-04-12, 01:58   Link #85
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yeah, but what separates it from normal Mecha is it's still derivative of tokusatsu to some extent, which is why I brought up Sentai .
Well, if nothing else, they still have their "Ultra-henshin" sequence when they summon the Dyna-vehicles which is undoubtedly Toku.
Old 2021-04-12, 06:38   Link #86
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
could have sworn Kamen Rider was older than those
Old 2021-04-12, 15:01   Link #87
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
could have sworn Kamen Rider was older than those
Kamen Rider didn't have giant robots, which was the focus of my discussion with Frontier above.
Old 2021-04-16, 09:31   Link #88
Frontier

So the Kaiju Eugenecists are basically people who can take control of Kaiju and have revived in the current era after dying 5,000 years ago. Why now? Is it because there's a sudden upsurge of Kaiju for them to control and make use of to rampage? What is the will of the Kaiju? What are the Kaiju Eugenecists, exactly ?

And apparently the reason our protagonists are able to connect with Dynazenon is because they also have potential to be Kaiju Eugenecists and control Kaiju, and despite it's Mecha trappings Dynazenon is a faux-Kaiju or some kind of Kaiju. Could our heroes potentially control a Kaiju before the Eugenecists do? Will they have to ?

Yomogi's finally practicing! And he can finally move Dyna Soldier well enough !

I feel like Chisa must really hate school if she's decided to base her life off a hikikkomori...

So Yume is trying to better understand her sister and what she was like, spurred on by the fact that, before she died, her sister invited her to her chorus recital for the first time ever. Yume also seemed to keen in on the fact that the Kaiju Eugenecists were able to revive themselves somehow, so does she think the same can happen with her sister ?

It's a small world when it turns out Yomogi's boss is Koyomi's old classmate from middle school, a delinquent girl who Koyomi seemed to have idolized and possibly crushed on, although despite the blonde hair it looks like she's changed her life around if she's married and working normally .

Why did Gauma betray the Kaiju Eugenecists and dedicate his life to fighting Kaiju with Dynazenon? Because of the person who gave him Dynazenon...a woman. I love how the fact that it 's a woman he's trying to meet makes it immediately click for the rest of the team why Gauma is doing this .

I thought for a second Dynazenon was finally going to score a win in it's Mecha form, but it still has to settle things with Dyna Rex. All the same it was great to see the team really come together and unite as one and take the monster into space where it couldn't unleash it's explosions, not to mention that full barrage of Dynazenon's armaments .

I thought one of the Eugenecists got vaporized but that meteor, but it looks like it'll take a lot more than that to kill them .
Old 2021-04-16, 09:48   Link #89
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Gauma doing some odd jobs is kinda cute.
Old 2021-04-16, 12:17   Link #90
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

5,000 years?! Assuming modern day, that’s put them back in ancient Egypt??

Anyway, decent episode, but sorta not a ton to talk about. Still interested to see where it’s all going.
Old 2021-04-16, 14:10   Link #91
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
considering Gauma is based on the mummy from the original 1993 Gridman show it fits thematically.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 16:00   Link #92
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
I thought one of the Eugenecists got vaporized but that meteor, but it looks like it'll take a lot more than that to kill them .
Yeah I wasn't sure what to make of that cop out but whatever. I wonder if the pudding hair boss lady is the reincarnated booty call from 5000 years ago...

The music was so noticeably retro this time around.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 16:04   Link #93
Blaat

I'm impressed how much happened in this episode without having a rushed feeling to it, and like its predecessor Gridman this series so much fun to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
Correct 5000 years ago would correlate with the first Egyptian dynasty, at least according to wiki.
Old 2021-04-16, 16:23   Link #94
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hmm......5000 years ago.
....so could it be that Gauma himself is the Mummy who is in search of his beloved one? Will we finally see his woman this time, unlike the live-action show where it ended tragically for him? Considering that in the OG show the Mummy was brought back to life by Khan, will he appear in this show?

Oh, and the Eugenecisists apparently don't die easily (just like Akane who couldn't die in the "dream world" even after dropping from the crane on top of a building). Even they are surprised by it. Did Khan grant them such survival power?

Damn, all these theories.....couldn't wait to see more! I hope it won't turn out like Wandavision though. All these clues & tidbits hopefully mean something.
Old 2021-04-16, 16:37   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I wonder if the cast really do have the potential to control Kaiju or if Gauma just made that up too misdirect his former comrades. After all some of them might hesitate to target the kids directly if they think they could be potential allies. It's possible he was being honest, but who knows.

A lot of interesting things mixed into this episode. Like the obvious unsaid question of whether Yume's sister could be revived. At the very least she is moving forward right now and trying to learn about her sister. Despite seeing herself as broken to a degree she's pretty well put together. One of the first that is focusing on the lives at risk and she's actively tackling the core of her issue.

Right now most of the other members aren't even close to that point. Yomogi's own home issue remains untouched. Although we did start to get a bit of insight into Koyomi's past and how he might have reached this point. Although there is still a lot to explore with him. Same with Chise to some degree since you have to wonder what's up at school if she's actively avoiding it. Although her mild jealousy is pretty easy to read.
Old 2021-04-16, 17:42   Link #96
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
So the Kaiju Eugenecists are basically people who can take control of Kaiju and have revived in the current era after dying 5,000 years ago. Why now? Is it because there's a sudden upsurge of Kaiju for them to control and make use of to rampage?
Looks like this is a new stereotype for ancient Egyptians: their ability to control giant monsters .
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-04-16, 17:56   Link #97
Wandering Soul

We found out a bit more of Yume and Gauma's issues. The former is trying to learn more about her sister and the latter wants to reunite with a woman important to him. I like how everyone figures out his motivation the second he let's that slip.

We still don't know anything about Yomogi's circumstances or why Chise hates school so much so that will most likely be covered next.
Old 2021-04-16, 18:35   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yume is already a hundred times more interesting than Rikka was during the entirety of Gridman. Then again, Gridman's true heroine was Akane. Regardless, the main cast is definitely much stronger this time around. Yuta, glasses guy (forgot his name), and Rikka were the weakest part of Gridman.

If Gauma really lived in ancient Egypt then the reincarnation of the person he's looking for may already be dead. I'm talking about Yume's sister, who owned the ankhs Yume is carrying around. It can't be a coincidence she had those.

I'm not sure where the story is going with Koyomi and the manager. Was she lying about being married? Is her cheerful and friendly self at work a facade? Anyway, yet another troubled character on our hands apparently.
Old 2021-04-16, 18:51   Link #99
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not sure where the story is going with Koyomi and the manager. Was she lying about being married? Is her cheerful and friendly self at work a facade?
I get the impression the marriage is past tense.

I dunno about Yume's sister, but considering the ankh is the only remotely Egyptian thing in the series I'm not entirely convinced they're going that direction.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 21:03   Link #100
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yume is already a hundred times more interesting than Rikka was during the entirety of Gridman. Then again, Gridman's true heroine was Akane. Regardless, the main cast is definitely much stronger this time around. Yuta, glasses guy (forgot his name), and Rikka were the weakest part of Gridman.
This cast definitely feels like they have more character arcs in store than the Gridman cast did, who never really developed that much compared to Akane.
Quote:
I'm not sure where the story is going with Koyomi and the manager. Was she lying about being married? Is her cheerful and friendly self at work a facade? Anyway, yet another troubled character on our hands apparently.
I don't think she's lying about being married since you see her wearing a ring when she's talking to Koyomi. Whether she's happy or satisfied with her current life is another question, we see she was a bit of a delinquent in her youth and she has blonde hair in her adult life, but she doesn't seem that unhappy to me unless she's really faking it.

Tags
mecha, tokusatsu