AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 13 29.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-11, 08:15   Link #41
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm pretty sure super Faldio watches the second OP long before all of us, so he's known for months already.
Ahah yeah . But still a fuc**** spoiler !!

Beautiful episode with Isara . At least Welkin was crying and screaming .
Finally , they settles the pairing . Faldio can go ****** lol

But still WTF , why Isara , why not another character who didn't get much screenshots !!

Seems action is coming next episode . huh hoh Selvaria ; hum , i think that Alicia will show that SHE'S A VALKYRIA TOO thanks OP !
Old 2009-08-11, 08:29   Link #42
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
So why did they put a huge spoiler in Valkyria Chronicles OP? Man, I found out a lot easier than Fabio that Alicia is a Valkyrie.
It's called laziness, they just didn't want to make a 3rd opening. But yeah if they didn't showed that in the opening I would have actually been a little surprised about Alicia...
Old 2009-08-11, 10:38   Link #43
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
But still WTF , why Isara , why not another character who didn't get much screenshots !!
Why Isara? For the exact same reason why everyone is freaking out: because you wouldn't have cared if it was another character.

Isara's death brings more development to the other characters than any other character's death would have done.
Old 2009-08-11, 11:20   Link #44
Runty

I finally managed to get to view this episode. This definitely was an improvement over last week's.
Spoiler for Episode 19, subbed:
There isn't much more about this episode that hasn't already been said. It was great since it got back on track with the game's plot. And finally, Welkin and Alicia are going to get real close.
Spoiler for Next Episode:
Old 2009-08-11, 18:09   Link #45
mpt37

Wow, Faldio continues to be Johnny on the spot, once again he appears behind Alicia right when Welkin leaves. I'm surprised he didn't show up in Bruhl during Welkin/Alicia's last scene.

Welkin's crying scene was hard to watch, but not because it was sad, I cringed during his scream. But the good news is, this may be the last we see of stupid/indecisive Welkin.

Also glad to see they brought Zaka back and the flashbacks of younger Isara were nice.
Old 2009-08-11, 22:03   Link #46
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post
Wow, Faldio continues to be Johnny on the spot, once again he appears behind Alicia right when Welkin leaves. I'm surprised he didn't show up in Bruhl during Welkin/Alicia's last scene.

Welkin's crying scene was hard to watch, but not because it was sad, I cringed during his scream. But the good news is, this may be the last we see of stupid/indecisive Welkin.

Also glad to see they brought Zaka back and the flashbacks of younger Isara were nice.
First paragraph: Seriously.

Second one: Yeah, that scream was... pretty bad.

Third: Young Isara was incredibly cute.

Can't wait for next week to see Cordellia in whatever she's wearing. Definitely something new.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-08-11, 22:13   Link #47
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This was a pretty good episode. I hadn't much liked what I'd seen from this series for a few weeks now (I think the writing really lets it down in particular), but this was good stuff. Lots of heart and a good amount of angst which has resolved itself.

But... it would surprise me if we saw another episode from this show that's as dramatic as this one.
Old 2009-08-12, 01:33   Link #48
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm pretty sure super Faldio watches the second OP long before all of us, so he's known for months already.
Pfftt If Fabio knew already, then he wouldn't try to woo Alicia since he has already seen her and Welkin holding hands under a tree.

Here is another spoiler! Alicia is going to have an epic battle with Selvaria to end this series!
Old 2009-08-12, 03:45   Link #49
klare

so they finally hold hands... after 19 eps

preview shows next eps we will see how strong the V ppl are, which look a bit silly in the OP
Old 2009-08-12, 05:02   Link #50
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

There was something about that scream that made me pause while working on it this episode.

I just sat there thinking: I really can't fathom this man's pain.
Old 2009-08-12, 06:43   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
But... it would surprise me if we saw another episode from this show that's as dramatic as this one.
I believe that this will be the best the show has to offer in terms of dramatic. The build up here with the flashback scenes, leading upto Welkin's breakdown isn't something that can easily be beaten. Then again i've no idea what they'll do with the source material from now until the end, though i'm almost certain.
Old 2009-08-12, 07:26   Link #52
Bordix

For some reason I kinda like the blunt, cold Welkin <.<

Quote:
# Oh... shiat... Selvaria has her lance and shield this time around. That is gonna hurt.
yeah, judging from the op that's plenty of hurt. Hope edelweiss survives that walking nuke.
Old 2009-08-12, 09:32   Link #53
Neku
yare yare..

I like this episode.
Dramatic, right and starting to be Welkin-likable.

Faldio is beginning to show his true colors too
Old 2009-08-12, 11:56   Link #54
RedWing

I'm a bit annoyed with the thought we might be going back to the old, happy go lucky Welkin. I'm really hoping that he continues to be quite hard-faced and distanced, at least for a good while. In fact I prefer the serious Welkin, much more sensible and leaderlike.
Old 2009-08-12, 12:54   Link #55
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
I'm a bit annoyed with the thought we might be going back to the old, happy go lucky Welkin. I'm really hoping that he continues to be quite hard-faced and distanced, at least for a good while. In fact I prefer the serious Welkin, much more sensible and leaderlike.
I think I speak for 99.9999999 (repeating of course) percent of the fans here by saying...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! No more emo Welkin!

p.s That's one annoying DBZ avatar btw.
Old 2009-08-12, 13:06   Link #56
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Somehow I think robot Welkin is a more appropriate description than emo...or am I thinking of something else?
Old 2009-08-12, 13:19   Link #57
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
Somehow I think robot Welkin is a more appropriate description than emo...or am I thinking of something else?
That probably fits ep 19 but those 3-4 episodes prior to that I don't think so.
Old 2009-08-12, 13:26   Link #58
aulzon

I really liked how they handled this episode in comparison to Welkin's mourning of Isara in the game. Although Welkin in general is weak in the anime, this was a little bit a redemption.
Old 2009-08-12, 13:28   Link #59
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
I really liked how they handled this episode in comparison to Welkin's mourning of Isara in the game. Although Welkin in general is weak in the anime, this was a little bit a redemption.
Sigh I might actually buy a ps3 and play Valkyria Chronicles someday. Now I know she dies in the game too.
Old 2009-08-12, 13:43   Link #60
Joe_fh

Why was Faldio mad again? I mean they kind of showed him being distracted by the events that happened in squad 7 and yet he punched Welkin in the last episode for no reason at ll...

Um...what happened....in the end of the episode all of them were smiling. Ok for some there was a reason but for Welkin? Don't tell me he got over Isara's death when he cried once. That's just lame and shouldn't really be possible.
But oh well he got a hug cried a bit and he's all good to go O.o
I liked the emo Welkin.He was a great character in these two episodes.He should have stayed like that for at least another 2 or 3. It would have made the series more interesting since, honestly speaking, the last few episodes were the most interesting onse and they should have continued with that painful theme longer.

Come one all of them are fighting a war and killing people in the proces. Why are they smiling,for <insert word here>'s sake? The anime presents war as something that isn't really that bad. Infact you meet new pople, make friends and you could even find a lover. Like that makes sense... Thus I'll say it again - the story was at it's best in the last two episodes and should have coninued longer with the same setting while they were introducing other elements (like Alicia being a Valkyria) and giving characters a way to develop more and decide what is important for them right now and who they need to protect. This would have provided a nice way of moving on form the emo theme gradually and it would have made much more sense and appealed to more viewers IMO
Closed Thread