AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 23:02   Link #261
ReddyRedWolf

When I saw the Skrugg weapons I though evil Haro.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:27   Link #262
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
But grass trimming scissors?!?
That felt more like a Japanese thing to me.

My relatives in Hawaii use hand grass clippers on their lawns all the time. But the way he was using it seemed kind of ridiculous. And I can't think of anyone I know in Southern California that uses grass clippers that way. The grass generally doesn't grow very fast in Southern California anyway because we don't get as much rain.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:37   Link #263
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:59   Link #264
tsunade666

the huge tower in this series remind me of teperin in gurren lagann. Though kamina and simon is lot more cooler than a girly face joey. And the beast men vs cockroach.

It just feels like their are similarities to gurren lagann but the studio are different though.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 03:44   Link #265
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hearing people complain about all Joey does is push a button, if Heroman was a mech and Joey would be the pilot, where's the difference?
Old 2010-04-09, 04:20   Link #266
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
No, instead he whips out his ruler, and precedes to threaten the aliens with that!

He may be an idiot, and completely useless, but that earned him some awesome points
In the days that teachers were allowed to beat their students, the ruler was a fearsome weapon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hearing people complain about all Joey does is push a button, if Heroman was a mech and Joey would be the pilot, where's the difference?
I think it is more then just push a button as HM keeps looking towards Joey for a command. I think that interface is just something that HM came up with, that Joey would feel comfortable with (since he has seen HM adverts). Makes more sense then Joey suddenly becoming an ace mech pilot
Old 2010-04-09, 04:54   Link #267
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Other things that just really stuck out: Joey's grandma makes him cut the grass with scissors?! What?!

I mean... sure, when you're poor you probably have an old push mower... and I remember when we had an actual push mower without an engine, just a set of blades that whirled as you pushed it. I was expecting something like that to pump up the "Joey is poor" theme.

But grass trimming scissors?!?
In Germany these would be called "shears" in english, and yes, I used these too. And guess what? They were a lot larger, about 12 long blades, almost like a weapon

Quote:
And then there was the scene with the crowd of multi-cultural kids listening to the radio, which was held by a girl in pigtails, daisy dukes, and a stripperiffic top- and a nice girl smile...

Part of me is wonder if the depiction of America is really that inaccurate... or if maybe we have just been blind to what is around us.
I know it's depiction of America is quite wrong indeed. It's obvious West Coast City is based on Los Angeles, CA, because I recognize the areas around where I live in Burbank, CA (like that power plant looking place is strikingly similar to the one in northern Burbank, as well as the Metroline station also in Burbank), then there's the intercity freeways over residential areas, not to mention Joey's school area is the same in numerous parts of the Valley.

But it's not those areas that bothers me, it's.... fashion. I mean come on man, considering what the girls were wearing, it's obvious it's hot out. And in LA, nobody wears hoodies, long sleeves and sweaters in broad daylight like that, so why in the world is a majority of the students at the school in WCC wearing sweaters and what not's? Seriously, Will is like the only one who's human, actually wearing a shirt. And Psy? Come on man, vests are like for ski resorts

What the heck, it was nice to see LA again in an anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
In the days that teachers were allowed to beat their students, the ruler was a fearsome weapon!
If Denton is holding what I think he's holding, the old American rulers in their schools had these large, fat rulers about 1cm thick (you read that right), only had Inches on them, and they had this metal strip on the outer edge, most likely for precision, but man those were nasty heavy, definitely weaponized curriculum tool right there (I had one of those before)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:10   Link #268
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
That's true, but the difference is that skills are involved to pilot a mech (well, most of them). Here, all Joey has to do is push one button and scream "HEROOOOOOMAAAAAN" for his robot to start kicking ass. So far Heroman is more of a pokemon than anything. It makes Joey seem less involved in the fights, somehow. It kind of seem like anyone else could do it, though I think there is something more to Joey. When he talked about how he also has the "power" inside him and started running toward the aliens, I thought he was going to fight one of them bare handed (wrong show...)
Old 2010-04-09, 05:12   Link #269
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well there's quite a lot of shows where the main character controls a powerful mech just by shouting or pushing a button (the amazing Giant Robo for example). Personally i just don't see what's wrong with that.
Old 2010-04-09, 05:52   Link #270
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's true, but the difference is that skills are involved to pilot a mech (well, most of them). Here, all Joey has to do is push one button and scream "HEROOOOOOMAAAAAN" for his robot to start kicking ass. So far Heroman is more of a pokemon than anything. It makes Joey seem less involved in the fights, somehow. It kind of seem like anyone else could do it, though I think there is something more to Joey. When he talked about how he also has the "power" inside him and started running toward the aliens, I thought he was going to fight one of them bare handed (wrong show...)
I just had to quote you because the bolded parts are hilarious and what I thought of too (lol Joey in hand to hand combat)

Guess what I thought when Joey mentioned about the power inside him?

I was expecting him to say "I HAVE THE POOOOWEEEERRR!"
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:53   Link #271
Jarmel

Quote:
Worlds. Pushing a button doesn't take any skill at all however trying to pilot a mech on the other hand can be nightmarish(depending on anime and circumstances). Piloting a mech would better reflect Joey as a hero as it takes some talent.

I expect him to start kicking ass by himself at some point in the series.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:54   Link #272
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
This wasn't edited at all? Wow, it syncs like a mediocre/average AMV.
His Working!! one was even more mediocre.

Also for fun and episode 2, I put American pledge of allegiance through babelfish a couple of times (english to Japanese, Japanese to English). Here's what came out...

"{I loyalty, freedom and justice and this average, completely, the impossible citizen who that is divided because of 帖 republic and one American flag"

Who loves their gratuitous foreign languages? Try pronouncing this out to the American flag.
"Dat of qu' en precies Of dit of gelovig of the van of liberamente en of betekent; ; the van de of het of onderzoekt de of democratie of basissen of vlagburger Of amerikaanse of nationale of waterscheidingen of the van de of simultanéement of onmogelijke en of volledig of van de"

Last edited by NinjaYali; 2010-04-09 at 06:06.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 07:24   Link #273
tsunade666

pushing a button, then shouting the name heroman!!!. Reminds me of an anime before that's been theme of 4 wheel cars. Where the owner runs together with their tamiya and even the cars..... that should be 4 wheel without remote had their own will and fly like a tornado.

But really Joey besides looks a lot like girl the mech itself looks lame to me. Their are lots of things to notice in the show and I wish it turn for the better.

And him running their that ends with just pushing the button really irritates me. But him saving or catching the girl looks good but he should really just stay back. I know he got a force field barrier thanks to being the one who controls it but his a hindrance to the fight if all he would do is push a button then shout HEROMAN! though I think he didn't even need to shout. Or its just that its been decided that you always needs to shout despite the needed to shout.

He could probably help more if he didn't run and just stay with the doctor and the girl side. And use his forcefield to shield them but instead he run! GO HERRRRRRRRMAN!
Old 2010-04-09, 08:19   Link #274
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I wouldn't mind the whole button pushing thing if he had to actually choose the damn button, but right now he's doing a job then any freaking monkey could pull off..."Ok now Bobo when you see the button light up hit it k?" *facepalm*

Ah well hoping the action gets alittle bit more depth later...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 09:02   Link #275
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Worlds. Pushing a button doesn't take any skill at all however trying to pilot a mech on the other hand can be nightmarish(depending on anime and circumstances). Piloting a mech would better reflect Joey as a hero as it takes some talent.

True that. Even though I'm not a huge mecha fan, I still remember Lelouch activating his druid shield being a huge drag. As for poor Joey, nothing more common for a hero than to have hidden talent...yeah, he was born a mecha pilot, he just never got a chance to show off -> makes sense!!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 09:09   Link #276
Bombo
TSF Fans

Decent second episode...and prefect animation again and action in this episode not bad tbh...but the animation make me feel watching this series now
and ya...Go heroman haha
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 09:12   Link #277
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post

I think it is too early to judge. All we know so far is that Joey took the broken toy out of the trash and fixed it. It got struck by lightning and then when Joey touched it, it transformed into a star spangled hero.

Could it be a physical manifestation of Joey's inner hero? Who knows, but I still think it is a little more plausible (yeah I know the show is implausible) then a kid suddenly becoming a ace mech pilot. That plot device has always irritated me far more then the shouting a spinning disk or toy car to control it
Old 2010-04-09, 09:19   Link #278
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I think it is too early to judge. All we know so far is that Joey took the broken toy out of the trash and fixed it. It got struck by lightning and then when Joey touched it, it transformed into a star spangled hero.

Could it be a physical manifestation of Joey's inner hero? Who knows, but I still think it is a little more plausible (yeah I know the show is implausible) then a kid suddenly becoming a ace mech pilot. That plot device has always irritated me far more then the shouting a spinning disk or toy car to control it
It's obvious that heroman was created via the residual energy from the spaceship as it entered earths high orbit. That red ring of energy is what generated the storm, and it's "radiation" is what caused the storm, and what caused heroman to become large. Very Stan lee in all aspects of his story telling.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 10:02   Link #279
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
It's obvious that heroman was created via the residual energy from the spaceship as it entered earths high orbit. That red ring of energy is what generated the storm, and it's "radiation" is what caused the storm, and what caused heroman to become large. Very Stan lee in all aspects of his story telling.
Basically not hard science. Pretty much like the FF getting different powers from cosmic rays.

You I'm starting to think who is bigger ham, Stan Lee or Shoji Kawamori?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 10:15   Link #280
tsunade666

I can't call a guy ace mech pilot if all he got to do is push a shinning button and shout (even not needed) HEROMAN!!!

I'm watching this due to great animation and I like the girl and drawings but really joey=girl=trap.

Tags
bones, mecha