AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-16, 14:16   Link #1
Un1234l

Bleach anime dub roles

Heyyy... This topic is to share thoughts and ideas on which voice actor should take on the role of a BLEACH character in the english dub.

And please, no b****ing about how all dubs suck, and that the japanese voices with english subtitles are the only thing you will watch, because it shows 2 things:

1. You don't have an open mind.
2. You're most likely a Japanophile (One who takes an interest in Japan when they only know about a few things (In this case, anime).

And let's all remember, not all English dubbing of anime is bad. Think Rurouni Kenshin (Yes, it IS good).

I think the one who voiced Reno in FF VII: Advent Children (ENG) sounds a LOT like Ichigo, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Un1234l; 2006-07-16 at 14:27.
Old 2010-10-12, 19:02   Link #2
secretzfan
*Fansubber

For anyone wondering Bleach Fade to Black will be dub late November 2010
Old 2010-10-12, 19:35   Link #3
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

If they are going to make dubs like in Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke, then - yes.

Other than that, simply no. I can't get over japanese terms or names pronounced that way. No hate, no nothing, simple as that.

From other side, croatian language has way more similar pronouncation of sylabiles with Japanese, than some other languages.

For example :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NCnQ...eature=related

It's an episode of the Pokemon, in Croatian (other ex-yugoslavian languages are similar), because our tards didn't take any other anime to dub other than Pokemon (thus only way of an example). I don't have to mention I'm really used to English language, I really like it, but really few languages fit in anime. Just simple as that.

Old 2010-10-12, 19:46   Link #4
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I think the only reason people have problems with dubs is because certain subs are ones you get hooked too and when you watch the dubs they all sound weird. I watch both subs and dubs, but I have watched dubbed anime longer and I like many voices, but there are some like movie voices or certain 4 Kids voices that are just horrible
Old 2010-10-12, 21:34   Link #5
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Hey, you guys know what would be weird? If they got Johnny Yong Bosch to play Ichigo. That would be a horrible idea, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
I think the only reason people have problems with dubs is because certain subs are ones you get hooked too and when you watch the dubs they all sound weird. I watch both subs and dubs, but I have watched dubbed anime longer and I like many voices, but there are some like movie voices or certain 4 Kids voices that are just horrible
I watch both dubs & subs too, and in my experiences, it works both ways. Actually, that may be why a lot of people can't get into anime - they think Japanese sounds weird altogether, or they've watched the dub too much.

And if you're like me, you try watching as many anime in both dub AND sub, if the dub don't suck too much(or the sub, for that matter). I watch Bleach dubs and subs when I can, and uh... when I imagine a certain Bleach character's voice, it's always a strange combination of their original and dubbed voice
Old 2010-10-12, 21:38   Link #6
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Hey, you guys know what would be weird? If they got Johnny Yong Bosch to play Ichigo. That would be a horrible idea, IMO.

I watch both dubs & subs too, and in my experiences, it works both ways. Actually, that may be why a lot of people can't get into anime - they think Japanese sounds weird altogether, or they've watched the dub too much.

And if you're like me, you try watching as many anime in both dub AND sub, if the dub don't suck too much(or the sub, for that matter). I watch Bleach dubs and subs when I can, and uh... when I imagine a certain Bleach character's voice, it's always a strange combination of their original and dubbed voice
Hm I agree a little in fact Bleach might be one that works all ways around

and for any who is wondering yes there are bad subs
Old 2010-10-13, 02:47   Link #7
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:

I think so too. I am use to dubs actaully, but for only some anime the dub doesn't sound lively so I just stick to readin the manga sometimes It goes for sub too...
There are times when I like subs better and vise-versa
Quote:
Oh and yea.... completley agree
Does anyone think renjis VA can pull it off as Renji (forgot his name)
Old 2010-10-25, 21:41   Link #8
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

heres a bit of random info that i wasnt sure of posting in what thread
while i was at my cosins house over the weekend (playing there ps2) i learned that the voice over guy you here at the end of a race on "SSX Tricky" is also the english dub narrorator for bleach. i reconised the voice after winning some races.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2010-12-11, 10:04   Link #9
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Very interesting
Old 2010-12-11, 13:43   Link #10
Anubis62

Quote:
I watch Bleach dubs and subs when I can, and uh... when I imagine a certain Bleach character's voice, it's always a strange combination of their original and dubbed voice
No worries; I have the same issue.

Some dub voices I like better than the sub voices, and vice-versa. Not because of the language, just simply because the voice and nuances are better.
Sometimes I think Aizen's dub VA sounds better than his Japanese one (and vice versa).
I like Renji's Dub voice better than his Japanese, though. xD
Old 2010-12-11, 15:25   Link #11
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

i want to here ppl opinion of urahara's VA
heres the same sene in the anime with the different VA's
english dub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riI6umeSHmg
endlish sub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGsT0...eature=related
sorry one is longer than the other.

Old 2010-12-11, 19:41   Link #12
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Kisuke was best in Dub
However Yammy's VA was always best in Japan
Old 2010-12-11, 19:55   Link #13
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

urahara clips allways make me grin more than gin. seriously i cant stop smiling when watching those clips, is there somthing wrong with me that i cant stop smiling everytime i see a clip of him?

Old 2010-12-11, 21:01   Link #14
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
urahara clips allways make me grin more than gin. seriously i cant stop smiling when watching those clips, is there somthing wrong with me that i cant stop smiling everytime i see a clip of him?
Because you are a true Urahara fan
Old 2010-12-12, 01:48   Link #15
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1234l View Post
1. You don't have an open mind.
2. You're most likely a Japanophile (One who takes an interest in Japan when they only know about a few things (In this case, anime).

And let's all remember, not all English dubbing of anime is bad. Think Rurouni Kenshin (Yes, it IS good).
last time i checked i wasn't narrow-minded. it's just a matter of preferences. i just happen to prefer the japanese-dubbed ones because the seiyuu are great at what they do. only they can make female voice actors sound convincing as teenage boys.

i don't think i'm a japanophile either or whatever you call it, it's not just anime i'm interested in but the japanese culture itself. i'm also trying to learn nihongo and watching japanese-dubbed anime and japanese movies help. i've been teaching english to japanese students for years and i find their language and culture quite fascinating. anime and manga are simply a part of it. and i thought the english-dubbed version of rurouni kenshin sucked. misao sounded like a man and they even changed the names. kaoru became cori and yahiko became yoshi. what's up with that? or maybe i saw a different english-dubbed version.

i don't mind watching english-dubbed anime as long as it's done right. i saw howl's moving castle in its dubbed version and i thought it was good, same with spirited away. but then again, they used some pretty good hollywood actors like christian bale, billy crystal, etc.
Closed Thread