AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-02-26, 17:35   Link #81
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Ginkaku, Kinkaku, Atsui, Samui... Kishi is bored making up names that sound different.
It's those damn Kumo-nin. All of them have similar or repetitive names. A, B, C and J; Kinkaku and Ginkaku; Atsui, Samui, Mabui, Darui and Karui; Motoi and Omoi; etc. It adds a sense of familiarity and heritage to the nation, but it is still a little annoying...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 18:17   Link #82
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
A, B, C and J
Attack of the alphabet, I'm sure these are THE most uninspiring names in the history of naming...even nameless is better :P It only tells me that the author doesn't care so much about them though, I mean look at them: similar names, few abilities and little personality. Usually this would be the best part of the plot to insert a character with background that triggers an event in the current arc, but A was more like pulled into the arc because B is a jinchuuriki. Btw is his name seriously B?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 18:45   Link #83
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowai View Post
Also. No sign of Oro in this war. Kabuto learned edo tensei from Oro who developed it for the purpose of bringing his parents back from the dead.
Will Oro or his parents make an appearance?
Orochimaru can't be summoned... his soul was sealed away by Itachi
So much like the first 4 hokages, his soul is not available to be summoned
heh, i kind of feel like itahci sealing up oro the way he did was kishi's way of telling his fans "He's not coming back, so quit asking"

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's those damn Kumo-nin. All of them have similar or repetitive names. A, B, C and J; Kinkaku and Ginkaku; Atsui, Samui, Mabui, Darui and Karui; Motoi and Omoi; etc. It adds a sense of familiarity and heritage to the nation, but it is still a little annoying...
Man, now that's just sad...
though i will admit i did not notice... but that's because i don't give enough of a damn about these guys to remember their names to begin with.
Old 2011-02-26, 19:03   Link #84
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Attack of the alphabet, I'm sure these are THE most uninspiring names in the history of naming...even nameless is better :P It only tells me that the author doesn't care so much about them though, I mean look at them: similar names, few abilities and little personality. Usually this would be the best part of the plot to insert a character with background that triggers an event in the current arc, but A was more like pulled into the arc because B is a jinchuuriki. Btw is his name seriously B?
Hell, when I made my first action story, my main three villains were called Alf, Bet, Gam (from the greek alphabet, mising the last letter) and they had different personalities (snob, treaterous, brutal) and even slightly different powers. I was 5 years old...

No seriously, who would call characters just A, B, C? Here comes A. Hello B, how was your day? I hear C learned a new jutsu.

FU Kishi, if you are too bored to bother, then go keep tributing Kubo and vice versa.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 04:12   Link #85
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
The names probably seem more exotic to the Japanese. A, B, C, and J are to show things are different in Kumo. As if half the guys and girls being dark skinned weren't enough.

The other names are just to indicate to the Japanese what to expect from them.

Darui = Dull. So everyone knew what he would be like without Kishi wasting time developing him.
Samui = Cool. She is a laidback "cool" girl.
Atsui = Hot. A hot blooded fugly Red Shirt. The opposite of sis.
Omoi = Heavy (serious). He is a worrier with a lot of heavy thoughts on his mind.
Karui = Light (non-serious). The opposite of Omoi which likely shows they are siblings.

So it would like naming someone "Mr. Stupid" or "The Anal Retentive Jerk" in your story. The audience now knows what to expect. Lazy? I guess. Is it better than giving all the Mist Swordmen the names of fruits?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 04:40   Link #86
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Darui = Dull. So everyone knew what he would be like without Kishi wasting time developing him.
Samui = Cool. She is a laidback "cool" girl.
Atsui = Hot. A hot blooded fugly Red Shirt. The opposite of sis.
Omoi = Heavy (serious). He is a worrier with a lot of heavy thoughts on his mind.
Karui = Light (non-serious). The opposite of Omoi which likely shows they are siblings.

So it would like naming someone "Mr. Stupid" or "The Anal Retentive Jerk" in your story. The audience now knows what to expect. Lazy? I guess. Is it better than giving all the Mist Swordmen the names of fruits?
Toriyama pulled the same thing 20 years ago and it was just fine. You know, Bulma's family having names of underwear, Picolo's minnions all named after music instruments, Frieza's minnions all named after food. It was funny back then and it didn't define the characters by their names. Kishi is just bored to death.
Old 2011-03-01, 19:10   Link #87
Akachou

After telling the same story for more than ten years I'd be kind of bored, too. He missed the goal. It's so complex that he has to write for another two years to make things come to an end.
He's way past his 500 chapters already and it will still take a load of work and he will have to remember a lot of details in order to please the readers. Other story lines like Star Wars, Batman, X-Men or the Fantastic Four have different timelines and all that stuff. It would be much easier to tell a whole bunch of stories side by side. You could just create another manga about Konohamaru now and another one about the 1st, another about the 2nd and yet another about the 3rd great Ninja War and it would be awesome.

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 11:16   Link #88
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
No seriously, who would call characters just A, B, C? Here comes A. Hello B, how was your day? I hear C learned a new jutsu.

FU Kishi, if you are too bored to bother, then go keep tributing Kubo and vice versa.
Men In Black. The agents are given code names consisting of a single letter (Agent K, Agent J, etc.)

Akira Toriyama didn't invent using naming themes in manga. Thematic naming also isn't lazy writing, or rather it is, but it helps authors and readers keep up with names better.

Having awesome, original names doesn't make characters great (though it makes them more memorable). Not having a "good" name doesn't automatically make them rubbish either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Orochimaru can't be summoned... his soul was sealed away by Itachi
So much like the first 4 hokages, his soul is not available to be summoned
heh, i kind of feel like itahci sealing up oro the way he did was kishi's way of telling his fans "He's not coming back, so quit asking"
It's better that way.

Oro was much cooler than Kabuto, but at this point it would be worthless to bring him back. Kabuto can do everything Oro can except better. Better Edo Tensei, better Manda, better snake form, etc. I wouldn't want to see him as 2nd string to Kabuto.

I guess there's still some hope of Jiraiya or White Fang showing up. Kabuto mentioned something about possibly being able to get some of Jiraya's blood from Nagato's weapons. And I don't see any reason why White Fang couldn't be summoned, but it seems that if he was he would've been called along with the other Konoha nin.

I'd also like it if Edo Tensei was used on some characters who die in the war, but that might be too much.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 16:08   Link #89
Akachou

Maybe they can't bring back people who committed suicide and thus can't revive Hatake Sakumo. Then again, Nagato committed suicide, too.

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 16:31   Link #90
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Having awesome, original names doesn't make characters great (though it makes them more memorable). Not having a "good" name doesn't automatically make them rubbish either.
Well these ninjas are boring anyway
Old 2011-03-12, 23:18   Link #91
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Updated with Mifune win. Will Kabuto/Madara's side ever get a win?
Old 2011-03-13, 15:16   Link #92
naruske

Don't forget Mabui!
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 19:25   Link #93
roriconfan
Banned

Oh dear, is the war gonna be total ownage like in the Bleach one?
Old 2011-04-07, 02:42   Link #94
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Updated with Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji win.

Quote:
Oh dear, is the war gonna be total ownage like in the Bleach one?
Yes.
Old 2011-04-07, 03:10   Link #95
roriconfan
Banned

Nothing to see here people, go home... Any average Macross skirmish is more exciting that this and that is a 20 year old show.

Oh well, at least it's not like the Bleach war or the One Piece was were any better (although the later had a contradictory twist).
Old 2011-10-06, 00:35   Link #96
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Bumping for current war status.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 17:56   Link #97
Kowai

What are A and Tsunade going to do next? Back to base to sit and chill it?

Would have been cool to see a 4 man cell (the A B tag team, God-mode naruto, and the best medic nin in the story) vs madara's six paths going all out for several chapters. But hey, maybe it could still happen?

Kabuto and Kakashi I thought would be a good match. And now thy itachi is "alive" maybe kabuchimaru could even split and we also get the itachi v oro rematch?

Just ideas from a mix of re reading the war chapters recently, and wishful thinking.
Old 2011-10-08, 07:16   Link #98
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Nothing to see here people, go home... Any average Macross skirmish is more exciting that this and that is a 20 year old show.
Probably true.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 20:10   Link #99
Sun-Ken-Rock
鷹王 (Hawk King/King Hawk)

I have a pretty big question. In this war is there a protagonist's side? Ninja's in this series are just super human beings, that have skills to kill people. I suppose the only good thing that could be said is how they use their powers. But the real question is: "Is fighting for the 'Ninja World' actually good?". Is the current generation of ninjas being proactive and making their own means of creating their vision of a peaceful world, or just being reactive, and doing what their predeccessors have been doing for thousands of years. And in the end this "Akatsuki War" is fighting for the "Ninja World's future", which can also be interpretted as fight for future wars to come. So is Naruto fighting for a truly just cause in the "Akatsuki War"?
Old 2011-10-11, 17:43   Link #100
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Ken-Rock View Post
I have a pretty big question. In this war is there a protagonist's side? Ninja's in this series are just super human beings, that have skills to kill people. I suppose the only good thing that could be said is how they use their powers. But the real question is: "Is fighting for the 'Ninja World' actually good?". Is the current generation of ninjas being proactive and making their own means of creating their vision of a peaceful world, or just being reactive, and doing what their predeccessors have been doing for thousands of years. And in the end this "Akatsuki War" is fighting for the "Ninja World's future", which can also be interpretted as fight for future wars to come. So is Naruto fighting for a truly just cause in the "Akatsuki War"?
One would expect that Naruto becomes a "revolutionary" who changes the world, since this is what Kishimoto calls him through different "wise" characters. But the reality is that he doesn't "act", he only "reacts". The acting part was outsourced to Madara, Kabuto and Sasuke

Madara already did more to unite the world and stop wars between ninja villages than Naruto
Madara even removed the last guy who could cause trouble among the good guys, that is Danzou. When Naruto was proclaimed a revolutionary i did hope he will deal with Danzou, even killing just this one man would have meant that he is destorying the old evil system. But the funny thing is that effectively Sasuke did again more to help Konoha than Naruto, since it was Sasuke who got rid of Orochimaru, Deidara and now Danzou, all enemies of the "will of fire".

So the destructive part of being a revolutionary has been given to the evil guys, while Naruto will be given only the constructive part, what a lucky guy he is

Naruto is fighting for a "truly just cause", but that doesn't mean he did anything else than fighting the akatsuki and trying to save Sasuke. He doesn't have a plan to bring "world peace", he just deals with the minor problems as they come at him. He admitted that he doesn't have any idea how to achieve that, but considering the fact that "world peace" is a utopia i really don't care. His answer to this question is something like "never give up", at the end of the manga his answer will probably be a variation of this, but to me it makes sense, because an important and interesting life is not about to live in your achievment (world peace or whatever) but the road to your achievment.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2011-10-11 at 17:53.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote