AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-18, 20:14   Link #2301
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Actually, Ao x Fleur doesn't sound too bad.

Ao x Elena however is straight from a imouto hentai.

How's Ao x Maggie for out-of-nowhere crack pairing?

And no, I'm NOT going to touch on Ao x Truth.
Ao x Eureka?

Ban me now. :|
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 20:31   Link #2302
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincollie View Post
Ao x Eureka?

Ban me now. :|
Phillip J. Fry would be proud.
Old 2012-09-18, 22:24   Link #2303
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
no no no, he slept with his GRANDmother, not his mother. lol
Old 2012-09-18, 22:39   Link #2304
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
no no no, he slept with his GRANDmother, not his mother. lol
Obviously, but the "sleep with relative through time travel" bit still fits. And Fry was proud of himself when the Nibblonians pointed it out.
Old 2012-09-19, 02:37   Link #2305
Gohan78
Awakened One

I think the biggest problem of E7AO is that Truth is a shitty villain.
We first see him randomly offing corrupted politicians and rebel organizations at the same time. What did these actions accomplish for his goal? Absolutely nothing!

Then there was the episode where he teleported a bunch of people in front of a Secret that specifically targeted human-shaped objects. Way to improve the relationship between mankind and Secrets, Truth!
(BTW it doesn't make sense for a Secret like that to exist. If their goal is only to destroy the Quartz, why targeting human-shaped beings?)

Also, it's absolutely ridiculous that he didn't know his nature of humanoid Secret. Has he never questioned why he possesses all those superpowers?

I hoped we could have got ridden of him last episode but no! He comes back attached to a random LFO tht was never mentioned before...

And don't make me started on the Quartz Gun. Why would the Quartz create a weapon that could erase itself from this universe?
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 10:46   Link #2306
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Nice, didn't think of that.

Regardless (not only to Morbofist), I thought about something regarding Truth, TheEND and the Nirvash Spec V.
It's been brought up before that the Spec V can be seen with a few light-blue shiny orbs on its body, 3 of them around its pelvic area, which are similar to Truth's.

Considering the Spec V in the movie was the result of TypeZERO and TheEND fusing, and now Truth has fused with the IFO-0, which resembles TheEND in color, perhaps it would be valid to think that soon enough Truth and the IFO would fuse with the TypeZERO (which is currently under Naru's control, ergo she will probably turn it back to him), and turn into the Spec V we can see in the OP, and those orbs on the pelvic area would be Truth's feature implemented. Under Truth's control, it might even be the 'final boss'.

Opinions?
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 15:31   Link #2307
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

20:

Are they being fucknig serious anymore. Holy crap!!

This series makes absolutely no sense anymore.

The writers are seriously making up things as they go. It's the only way I can rationalize this awful effort.

1/10 for the episode. It was that bad.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 16:30   Link #2308
Kit Kat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I think the biggest problem of E7AO is that Truth is a shitty villain.
We first see him randomly offing corrupted politicians and rebel organizations at the same time. What did these actions accomplish for his goal? Absolutely nothing!
It lead him to Ao and eventually Naru.
Quote:
Then there was the episode where he teleported a bunch of people in front of a Secret that specifically targeted human-shaped objects. Way to improve the relationship between mankind and Secrets, Truth!
Except Truth didn't give a shit nor was he aware that he was a Secret nor the their goal. Above all else the Secrets only goal was to eradicate the Scub along with the Quartz not make their relationship with humans better.
Quote:
(BTW it doesn't make sense for a Secret like that to exist. If their goal is only to destroy the Quartz, why targeting human-shaped beings?)
We saw plenty of Secrets causing mass destruction throughout the show costing the lives of others. Secrets have all different shapes and powers that have yet to be further implemented on, that Secrets objective wasn't to kill humans.
Quote:
Also, it's absolutely ridiculous that he didn't know his nature of humanoid Secret. Has he never questioned why he possesses all those superpowers?
Why? As stated above all Secrets have different powers and abilities, why should he automatically assume he's a Secret when he's never made contact with one nor remember his past life as a Secret?

Quote:
And don't make me started on the Quartz Gun. Why would the Quartz create a weapon that could erase itself from this universe?
You mean the same Quartz that have send people through time?
Kit Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 17:18   Link #2309
miketyson

Kit Kat: I'm mostly with you, but at one point on that aircraft carrier deck Truth's manifesting giant humanoid-secret fists and punching stuff with them. If it wasn't for that...
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 18:37   Link #2310
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm pretty sure the AO series never made any sense up till now, and because we have to keep piecing together the clues I'd say everything is working as intended.
Old 2012-09-20, 09:10   Link #2311
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Kat View Post
It lead him to Ao and eventually Naru.
No, that was a lucky coincidence. He just happened to be near the site of a Scub Burst when Gen Bleu attacked.
His purpose for infiltrating a criminal organization or a rebel group was never explained.

Quote:
Except Truth didn't give a shit nor was he aware that he was a Secret nor the their goal.
However he said that "Secrets are not your real enemy".
Then, what was his goal for pulling that stunt?
He is just a walking plot device. He only does what is required for the plot, with no rhyme nor reason.

Quote:
Why? As stated above all Secrets have different powers and abilities, why should he automatically assume he's a Secret when he's never made contact with one nor remember his past life as a Secret?
miketyson already answered this one. He manifested Secret-like arms during the fight with Eureka. Furthermore, Naru recognized him as "her Sea Giant".

Quote:
You mean the same Quartz that have send people through time?
There is nothing implying that the Quartz willingly pulled people from the future. From my understanding, the Secret-Quartz annihilation creates a time rift through which some objects from the future fell on AO's Earth (theEnd is one of those things).
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 10:04   Link #2312
Arya

I was thinking that the Quartz Gun is a bit of a dangerous device. So far it seems that the writers are steadily raising the entropy levels of the show, instead of decreasing them, so having that canon could drive the writers to reach some point of no return, if not already reached, keep adding stuffs and stuffs, start even killing characters, and then BAAAM, firing the cannon to fix everything. The Scub Coral would be erased, everyone would come back to life and to his time and universe. Ao with her parents, Naru to the island, Elena wherever she came from. etc.
Or vice versa the Scub Coral would be erased and everyone will live in this new earth (the our current one) not knowing each other anymore. In both ways they could avoid solving things in a sound way, given the short time left.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 10:35   Link #2313
Kit Kat
Banned

Quote:
No, that was a lucky coincidence. He just happened to be near the site of a Scub Burst when Gen Bleu attacked.
Wrong. He went to the are where he saw the Secret was destroyed by Ao, all that was to discover where the Scub Burst to occur, why else would he specifically take the IFO and pilot it to the designated location for it to occur
Quote:
However he said that "Secrets are not your real enemy".
Wrong again. He never stated this. It's like people don't pay attention

Quote:
miketyson already answered this one. He manifested Secret-like arms during the fight with Eureka. Furthermore, Naru recognized him as "her Sea Giant".
Not all Secrets look the same and she never refernced him as her Sea Giant nor was he the one that saved her in that episode, that was the Mark I

Quote:
There is nothing implying that the Quartz willingly pulled people from the future.
Episode 14 when Eureka had the cease the Quartz to prevent the Scub Burst in the flashback, it transported her randomly through time. And again when in the previous episode when she was Renton were studying the Scub Coral. You must have ADHD or something.
Kit Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 12:28   Link #2314
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
That latest episode was like a microcosm of everything that's wrong with the show. Immediately we're essentially off on another tack yet again with the new episode with everyone trying to destroy the headquarters, Truth pops up no worse for wear after getting blown up by what is supposed to be his weakness and does something inexplicable, everyone gets really emotional over the death of a background character, which might have carried at least a little weight if he didn't proceed to have his last will and testament delivered while wearing a cute little night cap as Fleur proceeds to ball her eyes out.

I think that about sums it up. This final arc is already starting to remind me of the other final Bones series arcs of late (Star Driver, No. 6) where it's very clear they have no handle on how to try and spark that drama we expect of a final arc without undermining it somehow via absurd portrayal of events and characters. If Magical Girl Naru (listed as a main protagonist at the start of the shows production who it now honestly looks like they are setting up as the final boss, which just feels wrong in so many ways) shows up and starts firing off golden tornado's or sucking the planet dry of it's energy or some other magic trick I'm defining the term "Bones Ending" as when you have a person that's close to the main character and who really shouldn't be serving as an antagonist for any logical reason showing up to bring the series to a conclusion via becoming boss class and the main character seemingly forgetting he ever had any attachment to them at all.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 12:32   Link #2315
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

And Episode 21... actually did a lot of good!
For one, Elena's plotline is out of the way. It... doesn't really make sense, but whatever, I'll take it!
Unbelieveably some things started to come together, somewhat.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 12:54   Link #2316
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Eureka Seven AO is NOT ending at ep22 after all. Something seems to have changed in the last week.

http://www.animax.co.jp/table/pdf/201210_1.pdf
http://www.animax.co.jp/table/pdf/201210_2.pdf
http://www.animax.co.jp/table/pdf/201210_3.pdf
http://www.animax.co.jp/table/pdf/201210_4.pdf

Previously Animax Japan was listing E7AO Ep22 (airing on 10/3 on the station, a week after MBS) as the final episode, with the next two weeks being filled by Anime Mirai reruns before AKB0048 takes over that time slot on 10/24. But now it has changed to reflect that E7AO Ep23 and Ep24 will be airing on those slots instead as originally planned with NO delay.

Since Zetsuen is still taking over E7AO's slot on MBS on 10/4, it means that MBS must have found some other way to air the last two episodes on some other slot without a delay. MBS hasn't said anything yet, so I guess we'll find out next week.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 13:11   Link #2317
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

That's good to hear. It sucks when a show unexpectedly goes on hiatus.
Old 2012-09-20, 14:28   Link #2318
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Great. I was getting worried we would have to wait till BD release or something like that for the last 2 episodes.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 14:44   Link #2319
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

New episode, yay!
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-20, 19:55   Link #2320
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Looks like MBS is still listing E7AO Ep22 as the final broadcast episode: http://www.mbs.jp/timetable/

We'll see what happens next week.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen