AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 03:02   Link #141
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Yo, Bambina~ ヽ(*´ー`*)ノ

Somehow I reaallly like Debito in this episode, or at least this episode is making me liking him more than the first one. He's still a bit weird, but...damn that voice is just too tempting ._.

Also poor hat-kun ;_; I guess no one tried to save him until the next episode

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 03:21   Link #142
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

after watching the second episode i still cant get a hang of the series, these are the kind of episodes you put as an interlude between arcs or big events, also its weird to have a series with a mafia setting, such a jolly atmosphere and yet its not a comedy(or at least it doesnt seem like one).
Old 2012-07-10, 04:26   Link #143
Salva
Princess since baptism.

I only watched first episode but couldn't stop myself from writing about it. I started the show only cause we have a deal with my brother to watch every single episode of every series that come out this season. As we discovered it's rather difficult to judge the series from some short description and many gave us pleasant surprise. So my point is I didn't even know what this show was about. Nothing at all. It still amazes me that it betrayed my expectations when I didn't even have any. That's weird. When I saw the setting something mafia like the first thing was "oh gods, cosplay paradise, I'd die to see people cosplaying this" the second one was "sceond Senkou no Night Raid?". I didn't expect it to be based on game. I also hoped for something more serious when I saw the setting. I felt kind of silly watching a bunch of guys dressed in suits fussing over little girl. I didn't get the feeling she's strong. She's a "princess" and I hardly see it as being strong and badass. I do adore her design. She's lovely!

I also didn't like how characters explained between themselves what are arcana powers and such. I mean, they weren't aware of that earlier? I would understand explaining the rules to some newbie or random rescued lady. It could have gone many fdifferent ways. But leaving it like that and only explaining to other family members... It sounded so cheap and stupid. As if they weren't aware she was actually peeking at their thoughts whenever she liked. They are supposed to know each other! Or so I understood from the whole family concept! Only one thing I liked was Papa. He seemed to enjoy the commotion he caused. He also doesn't seem to spoil his kid, he also wants her to be responsible for her action and when she's not happy about it she may fight. But she first needs to have something to fight with. That's another important lesson in life. I won't mention other male characters cause they were so plain and stereotypical. Nothing interesting. Aside from already metnioned "bambina", gods that's just simply marvelous <3 I also like the name "Felicita" it's really wonderful. I love how it sounds.

Overall I'll watch few next episodes but if it's as boring as it seems to be I'll drop it. I didn't expect it to be princesss-and-her-boys type of show. All fussing over a girl. Oh, I didn't mention Luca! Yes, he also reminded me of Gil and I love him for that <3 My favourite one, definietely.
Old 2012-07-10, 11:50   Link #144
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Make kittens cry and Felicitia-chan will let you have it!!

Wow, that was at least easier to make than the Dog Days 2 Gif.

Anyways, after 3 years of playing older and tougher women, it is so refreshing to see Noto Mamiko play a sweet and adorable girl next door again.

Felicitia-chan's "Eh?" and that gorgeous giggle of her's, so reminisient of Nogizaka Haruka melts this ancient heart of mine EVERY SINGLE time.

Welcome back, NotoMami-chan: You are back in good-form!!

Gotta love those quick "subliminal" cuts. They put SO much effort into them in spite of them literally being there for split seconds if not less. :heh

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2012-07-10 at 12:12. Reason: OOPS!! FELICITIA NOT LUCITIA!!
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 13:55   Link #145
Bern-san

I finished watching a broadcast of Arcana Famiglia: Vascello Fantasma no Majutsushi and loved it!
Like most fan disk, it was short but it had good doses of action and romance with more information about the characters' past. Really wish they make OVAs about this.

Oh and Felicitá is semi-voiced by Mamiko Noto unlike the original game which had Felicitá not being voiced at all. Although she just makes sounds like "uh","ah"...

EDIT: Here is the preview for the anime art book with character designs and basic info (we have a look at loli-Felicitá's face) and a short mini story with Felicitá, Jolly and Mondo.
Spoiler for artbook:

This is the character info in English taken from game description, it can work as a translation for the artbook preview. People wouldn't imagine that Luca is 29 years, right?
Spoiler for space:

Last edited by Bern-san; 2012-07-11 at 10:42.
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 06:39   Link #146
Azure King
Snr Spammer

like many, i too find it hard to understand this series, the first two epi is a fail for me, besides the artwork it seem it doesn't have anything else too offer but i could be wrong

i think i will have this series a pass as it didn't hook me within the first 2 epi, heck it didn't give me a vibe to carry on to watch the next one
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 11:59   Link #147
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Nice overall but I rather they handled the Arcana explanation differently rather than monologuing their powers like that...
Old 2012-07-13, 12:13   Link #148
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I really hope Felicita will win in the end and become the new family end. If someone else wins and she will become his bride I'd get really annoyed.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:03   Link #149
Bern-san

I think people should try the manga, it is more faithful to the game (by now the anime should have talked about Felicitá's childhood).
The manga focuses more on the baka-trio and a little bit on Jolly (Luca has a lot of screentime and gives hope for a Luca ending).
In fact, Libertá and Nova only appear in the first 2 chapters when everybody is gathered and it skipped the events that happen in episode 2 Also, the events that the anime skipped are covered here and at least the explanations don't seem out of place or dumb.
There's 6 chapters in English and ch7 has already been released in Japan
Old 2012-07-13, 13:27   Link #150
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
In fact, Libertá and Nova only appear in the first 2 chapters when everybody is gathered and it skipped the events that happen in episode 2
Liberta is the only male character I like so far so I suppose I'll pass on the manga...
Old 2012-07-13, 14:21   Link #151
Bern-san

Arcana Famiglia's 4-koma (source)
Spoiler for Libertá's determination:

Spoiler for Nova and the chick, I found this quite funny and cute:
Old 2012-07-15, 13:45   Link #152
ookamigirl

The kitchen ghost thing was kinda funny.
They making fools of themselves to entertain kids was even funnier ^^
Some of them are just meant to talk to kids.
Although Debito is kinda scary, he is surprisingly good with kids.
Flashback to childhood was nice.
Soccer ball to Luca's head was just priceless ROFL
The storm kinda ruined the fun which is a shame since I enjoyed watching them having a day out with the kids.
Nova, on the other hand is all serious on the outside, but really cares on the inside.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:12   Link #153
Bern-san

Wow, already at the first Piccolino event, still not liking the way they're handling the adaption.
The baka trio were the ones supposed to invite Felicitá to Piccolino after she goes with them to collect some herbs from Luca's garden (manga ch6) but since the anime loves Nova and Libertá and make the baka trio scenes to a minimum replacing them with Nova and Libertá...

anime-Elmo was so uncute compared to game Elmo... Another disappointment because I love Elmo*sigh*
The Elmo scene again was supposed to be with the baka trio were Debito tells Elmo what is the reason of his sickness and Felicitá using her Arcana

At least we had many hints during the episode. Nova's talk with Sumire (because Nova is such a milf lover), Libertá's flashback, Elmo, Debito's story...
If they follow the next event (it involves Nova and Libertá so it will be strange if they don't animate it) then we should get some action, not that much anyway.

WHY DID THEY SHOW JOLLY'S EYES? It was such a giveaway
Old 2012-07-15, 14:16   Link #154
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
WHY DID THEY SHOW JOLLY'S EYES? It was such a giveaway
Haha I totally agree at least the plot is moving forward unlike last week's episode
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:22   Link #155
tsunade666

I don't get episode 3 and what's with Jolly's eyes? I don't get it either. The story is a mystery or full of holes for me that this episode left me full of questions plus they are leaning too much on Liberta on the guys side. Those foreshadowing for him makes it like we will get an ending for him and also for Nova but Liberta spends more time with Felicita that's why I think it will end with Liberta. The whole Elmo thing is also a question for me. It looks like his the ghost that Debito is talking about but I'm not sure on it and also is Elmo connected to Jolly like he is his ability or something, a part of his soul because the story said that its been split apart.
Old 2012-07-15, 18:09   Link #156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Debito is surprisingly good at taking care of kids and continues to be one of my favorite guys next to Liberta- Actually base on my personal experience, those seemingly 'rough' type of people are usually good with children.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 19:08   Link #157
tsunade666

I don't like Liberta even one bit -_- I can't accept him being the arcana of a fool. His no where near the suave fool arcana of persona MC.
Old 2012-07-15, 19:41   Link #158
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oooh, lots of Nova screen time. Me like lots. Although to be honest, I LOL'ed when Mama said she and Papa were 'responsible' for 'stealing' his childhood away.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 20:47   Link #159
Enternal

Spoiler:
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 08:59   Link #160
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't get episode 3 and what's with Jolly's eyes? I don't get it either. The story is a mystery or full of holes for me that this episode left me full of questions plus they are leaning too much on Liberta on the guys side. Those foreshadowing for him makes it like we will get an ending for him and also for Nova but Liberta spends more time with Felicita that's why I think it will end with Liberta. The whole Elmo thing is also a question for me. It looks like his the ghost that Debito is talking about but I'm not sure on it and also is Elmo connected to Jolly like he is his ability or something, a part of his soul because the story said that its been split apart.

This is an otome VN. So they are going to have stuff from each guy's pathway and then the final sprint to resolution.

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo