Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-11-15, 15:18   Link #221
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Is this your first anime or something? There are plenty of things out there in similar settings.... It's called "steampunk" Look into it.
Looks horrible emo from the looks of it... the main character here is a ninja in an ORANGE SUIT. You can't get a bigger paradox than that!
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 15:24   Link #222
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Looks horrible emo from the looks of it... the main character here is a ninja in an ORANGE SUIT. You can't get a bigger paradox than that!
... what are you talking about?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 11:54   Link #223
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Looks horrible emo from the looks of it...
i think you are thinking of something else... unless you think steam-powered doohickeys are "emotional"?

Last edited by Girl_who_cried_gnome; 2008-11-16 at 12:28.
Girl_who_cried_gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 08:12   Link #224
filthydani

for me, its the sub charcters, every charcter has its own deep story that is atractive and enjoyable, its not only the main charcter like bleach for example, Ichigo is the only guy that entertains me and of course aizen other than that most of the other charcters are very boring.. but in naruto, you got like sasku, garra, pain, kakashi, madara..etc
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 17:13   Link #225
Wych

Well, I find Naruto a lot more emotionally involving than other mangas/animes.

Many "action" style mangas that I read are just action, whoever is strongest wins. Naruto adds a different element, the characters have to be cunning, hope they aren't matched up against an element they are weak against and have to use their brain. Also unlike many other mangas aswell as fighting Naruto can make you sad and possibly even cry, it can get you very emotionally involved with the characters and you can even feel anger.

Other manags such as Bleach have never made me too sad or shed a tear.

I don't usually cry but these moments in Naruto have made me:

Haku/Zabuza's death
Hokages Funeral
Sasuke beating up Naruto
Chouji's "death" (why didnt Kishi kill him here, would of been a fitting end and would of been a well loved/remembered character)
Asuma's death episodes
Spoiler for Manga:
Wych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 20:13   Link #226
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

What addicted me to Naruto was the Land of Waves arc, I think it was the best (and still is the best) arc in the series (at least in Part I). Haku's character had a lot of depth to him, which made it sad to see him exit the stage the same day he entered it.
Old 2008-11-19, 23:28   Link #227
Byakou

Because it's a decent anime, has ninjas, and isn't too weird or too far from what people are accustomed to. There are lots of anime that are good, but are quite a bit strange, and I guess intiminating to people not used to the genre. Naruto is good for a newcomer to anime.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 21:09   Link #229
iBeast

Cause of competition and rivals.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 02:36   Link #230
LaceNFrills

I love all the twists!

Spoiler for Like..:
LaceNFrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 13:37   Link #231
Captain Roronoa Zoro

eh it's watchable tho i wuldnt put it in one piece's league
Captain Roronoa Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 05:25   Link #232
casper1

its the Naruto sub charcters, every charcter has its own deep story that is atractive and enjoyable.
casper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 20:10   Link #233
caleb723

Why is Naruto popular...

I was drawn into Naruto through reading the manga via the English Shonen Jump monthly magazines. I've been subscribing for the last three years now; I've seen every episode of the anime-English and Japanese- and read every chapter currently out of the manga. I often wonder why I actually follow a single series so diligently, and Wych a few posts above me did a good job at summarizing one point of mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wych
I don't usually cry but these moments in Naruto have made me:

Haku/Zabuza's death
Hokages Funeral
Sasuke beating up Naruto
Chouji's "death" (why didnt Kishi kill him here, would of been a fitting end and would of been a well loved/remembered character)
Asuma's death episodes
It's emotional moments like these that make the series a winner for me. I admit shedding a tear for some of them, but I remember pausing to go wipe my eyes during the end of Arc 1, as well as in chapter 426. The manga and anime give off an emotional vibe that can't be ignored, which is a magic I'm still trying to capture in my own works.

I also particularly like how Kishi is wonderful at keeping a huge cast involved, unique, and worthy of our attention. I can remember quotes from every character, scenes from every battle, and I'm still trying to figure how where he gets all these crazy jutsu. I envy his creativity and his commitment to his work: the manga has not lost its quality even after all of these years.

Finally, specifically in the anime: the music is incredible. I remember the first time I went looking for Naruto music online because I couldn't get enough of it. Every season I add to my collection. :-) My favorite piece? Easily Wind.

All in all, this odyssey of a young boy who just wants to fit in with the rest of the world has captivated me, and despite what happens I plan on following it to the end.

Also: this is my first post: if I did something wrong, don't kill me. >_>
caleb723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 21:08   Link #234
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb723 View Post
I also particularly like how Kishi is wonderful at keeping a huge cast involved, unique, and worthy of our attention.
What parallel universe version of Naruto are you reading where Kishimoto actually cares about 95%+ of the cast?

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 21:45   Link #235
caleb723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
What parallel universe version of Naruto are you reading where Kishimoto actually cares about 95%+ of the cast?
Which characters DOESN'T he care about? Every person is relevant to the plot somehow, except for the genin outside of Team 7. I yield they get less characterization than others, but still.
Old 2008-11-30, 06:00   Link #236
Ryuujin

Quote:
Which characters DOESN'T he care about?
Everyone not named "Sasuke", especially if they happen to have breasts.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 09:15   Link #237
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
eh it's watchable tho i wuldnt put it in one piece's league
Hmm interms of the anime... they both have there moments (good/bad).. but as manga I wouldn't say one piece is in a different league... would depend on personal preferences really.... personally i think they offer totally different dynamics... and probably stand side by side as quality of plot goes...

As why naruto is so popular... well it caters to a large audience...

Like many have said.. its not an anime solely situated around action packed fights weekly... it delves into themes which discuss loneliness, hatred, passion, determination... kishi creates emotional snap shots of characters facing adversity...and overcoming them... yet not letting it become to serious... spicing it up with epic battles and humor.. Thus allowing the readers to become more immersed into the fiction... also, along with the variety of character types.. it appeal to many different demographics...
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 11:57   Link #238
caleb723

Quote:
Gah, you got me there. Though, I don't feel Sasuke gets too much; he IS the main antagonist, after all.
Old 2008-11-30, 12:21   Link #239
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
That explains why Sakura gets the most screen time of all the female characters.....

Quote:
Gah, you got me there. Though, I don't feel Sasuke gets too much; he IS the main antagonist, after all.
Yeah... Only he's more of a second main character, seeing as how Naruto still somehow doesn't consider him an enemy.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 21:59   Link #240
caleb723

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok
Only he's more of a second main character, seeing as how Naruto still somehow doesn't consider him an enemy
Sasuke is going to be awful depressed when he sees...

Spoiler for possible future spoilers if you haven't read the manga:

Actually, I didn't ever think about why Sakura has so much screen time... Suddenly, all makes sense.