Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-18, 15:28   Link #1
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Strike freedom Wing Of Light???

As we all know the Strike Freedom used something that looks like the Wing of Light. From What I have read he can only use it when the Dragoons are off. I also read that it can't make those after images the Destiny can do. The Strike freedom was made after the Destiny and in my opinion is a better overall gundam. Now my question is that when the Strike freedom shoots his dragoons off, does the Strike Freedom become faster? Would it be as fast as the Destiny? Sorry but I no pic to show the Strike freedom Wing of light.
Old 2006-07-18, 16:53   Link #2
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

teh light there is just there to make it look prettier.
Old 2006-07-18, 17:17   Link #3
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ what he/she said
Old 2006-07-18, 17:21   Link #4
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Destiny WOL and after images was just to make it look prettier too.
Old 2006-07-18, 17:22   Link #5
Kasn

Ok I have a question. I read somwhere that Strike Freedom WoL and Stargazer WoL have some connection, and that Destiny WoL where built from stolen plans of Stargazer by Dullindal. Is it true or all just rumor?
Old 2006-07-18, 17:30   Link #6
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I doubt it.... unless they wanted it to look pretty, since that seems to be the only function of SF WOL. Maybe Destinys WOL had some use, but SF WOL was pure fanservice to make SF look more imba
Old 2006-07-18, 17:36   Link #7
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Destiny WOL had use in owning grunts MS and Destroy Gundams (which are just giant, slow grunt MS). Against Freedom and Justice, Destiny WOL was worthless.
Old 2006-07-18, 18:05   Link #8
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Destiny WOL had use in owning grunts MS and Destroy Gundams (which are just giant, slow grunt MS). Against Freedom and Justice, Destiny WOL was worthless.
Shinn bashing? There was no need for that. Don't hate beacause Strike Freedoms Wing of light doesn't look as cool as the Destiny's.
Old 2006-07-18, 18:41   Link #9
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

I'm just saying Shinn couldn't use WOL to his advantage against better pilots. I didn't say anything about them looking cool or not. Don't put words in my mouth. Internet 101.
Old 2006-07-18, 18:45   Link #10
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

People asked if the WoL was good for anything, and according to our friendly Gundam SEED/Destiny Staff, they said: "Its pretty, no?"

- Tak
Old 2006-07-18, 19:26   Link #11
mikyu

indeed ... it is pretty ... and to be honest it's the only thing that makes destiny pretty ... or special >.< imo
Old 2006-07-18, 19:36   Link #12
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu
indeed ... it is pretty ... and to be honest it's the only thing that makes destiny pretty ... or special >.< imo
You don't like the Destiny's design? I think it looks really cool even without the WOL on.

Looks like a freedom rival IMO. lol
Old 2006-07-18, 19:44   Link #13
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I simply refuse to acknowledge Destiny and S-Freedom have Wings of Light simplyy because they don't. They just the byproduct of Lacus pixie dust to make them prettier and have jackshit all use.

The only REAL Wings of Light are those several hundred metre wide monstrosity of V2 which cuts through everything in its path and Turn-X/A's Moonlight Butterfly/Moth.
Old 2006-07-18, 19:49   Link #14
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Oh now now. I like the Destiny, even though Shinn is its pilot I suppose my 'prejudice' against Shinn matters not, the Destiny is good material.

Certainly I did not buy a 100 HG Destiny for nothing (like having it trashed by Freedom and Justice, oops, did I say that out loud )

Anyway, its overall a good design, and I like

"They just the byproduct of Lacus pixie dust to make them prettier and have jackshit all use."

Calm down Sety I (or anyone else) won't question your reasoning behind GSEED/Destiny's WoL. I mean... the staff behind Gundam already stated that they were just there looking pretty. Heck, I thought this thread was pointless, but whatever.

- Tak
Old 2006-07-18, 19:54   Link #15
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

It would have been cool to see Shinn use Destiny's WoL like Victory(for attack purpose and protection) and the after images like F91 where it confuses his enemies.

Oh well, atleast they are pretty, Destiny is a badass design too, the red marks under it's eyes make it the most intiminating out of all the Gundam desings in the series.
Old 2006-07-18, 20:31   Link #16
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Destiny WOL and after images was just to make it look prettier too.
Have you ever see F-91?? After images serve a vital purpose and when used affectively is a phenomonal technique...F-91 dodged far more blasts then S-F and I-J could shoot combined with METEOR (Or did you not see Iron-Mask's Mobile Armour)...Destiny's after-images were created with a strategy in mind..which was used once then never used again in any effeciency...Now obviously you wanna just comeback whenever anyone says anything that puts Shinn or his Gundam in a half-way decent light, however it is getting a bit tiresome...FREEDOM's WoL had no purpose but to look prettier, cooler, or match that of DESTINY...DESTINY's had a purpose combined with the after-images rooted in UC goodness...For some reason though Shinn was rendered incapabale of dodging DRAGOONS and rail-guns when DESTINY after images should have been capable of so much more if we are to use F-91 as a basis for comparison...So WoL were for more prettyness on both suits, but after-images were not suppose to be that superficial...

however...
Old 2006-07-18, 21:30   Link #17
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Yep, Strike Freedom's exhaust trail or whatever is there to make it look prettier. I mean, without it S-Freedom has a bunch of.. black sticks for wings. How cool.

And I've said this before, but Destiny's WoL are a complete joke. Probably a result of Shinn/Destiny nerfing, but the only time it was shown to be much faster than the other Gundams was one time during the battle of Orb.. after that it did absolutely nothing but look pretty.
Old 2006-07-18, 21:34   Link #18
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

I like the personal attack hidden within your post. Nice. I guess you want Paper to ban us again?

Anyhow I think the final 10 episodes of the series speak much louder volumes about the uselessness of the Destiny Gundam, aside from episode 45 where Minerva is very suspiciously able to beat the entire Earth Forces' moon base using it's incredibly shorthanded three man mobile suit team. In my opinion that's almost as bad as this alleged "god mode" of Kira's that people seem to have fabricated in their mind.

If the after image and/or wing of light was anything other than eye candy, I suspect Shinn would have been able use it to his advantage and put a dent on Justice or Freedom. But oh yes, Shinn was viciously hacked and ruined by the staff of GSD, so the final battles get asterisks next to them and suddenly don't count, am I right? No, on the contrary, I think the after image and wings of light was just something to make Destiny a little different since it's just a mish-mash of other CE Gundams. Giant cannon like Buster. Giant sword like Strike and Impulse. Wings like Freedom. Boomerangs like Justice. I'm surprised it didn't have funnels.
Old 2006-07-18, 21:49   Link #19
shaolo

Quote:
I like the personal attack hidden within your post. Nice. I guess you want Paper to ban us again?

Anyhow I think the final 10 episodes of the series speak much louder volumes about the uselessness of the Destiny Gundam, aside from episode 45 where Minerva is very suspiciously able to beat the entire Earth Forces' moon base using it's incredibly shorthanded three man mobile suit team. In my opinion that's almost as bad as this alleged "god mode" of Kira's that people seem to have fabricated in their mind.

If the after image and/or wing of light was anything other than eye candy, I suspect Shinn would have been able use it to his advantage and put a dent on Justice or Freedom. But oh yes, Shinn was viciously hacked and ruined by the staff of GSD, so the final battles get asterisks next to them and suddenly don't count, am I right? No, on the contrary, I think the after image and wings of light was just something to make Destiny a little different since it's just a mish-mash of other CE Gundams. Giant cannon like Buster. Giant sword like Strike and Impulse. Wings like Freedom. Boomerangs like Justice. I'm surprised it didn't have funnels.
Funnels cost extra.
Old 2006-07-18, 22:19   Link #20
grandmaster192

Quote:
But oh yes, Shinn was viciously hacked and ruined by the staff of GSD, .
no need for the other stuff you said because this is 100% right.
Closed Thread