Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-05, 01:23   Link #1
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
need some action, at least good action

looking for some action; guns, martial arts, swords, magic whatever. I'd love some great fight scenes that can get the adrenaline pumping i keep watching dull action shows and romances i need something that makes you get out of your chair and scream and i could care less about it's realism

since i doubt you'll read most of the post at least read the third one that's most important
- please recommend a show that has fight scenes every episode and last longer than 30 seconds
- drama is a huge plus and the show doesn't have to be afraid to kill a character off
- and i swear to god please don't recommend that piece of crap show toppa tenga gurren laggann i swear to god that's the must hyped up show in the world every thread i browsed through had that show and people seconding that show over and over again i get it they got 2 robots that can supercombine x 3 and go hardcore on everything it was the most excruciating 20 something episodes i ever sat through that was not epic at all and just bored me every second if you recommend it i will not respect any other show you put out(and yes i had to make such a big explanation cause i keep seeing the damn show being recommended to everyone as the best show ever in every damn thread)
- oh and i prefer no cyborgs i just don't like them but i'm fine with mecha

shows i've seen that i've liked include black lagoon, chrno crusade, claymore, fmp, ikki tousen, madlax, murder princess, nanoha, noir, scrapped princess
Old 2008-08-05, 02:13   Link #2
Arkuatic

Samurai Champloo-losta action there, awesome series too
Dragonball z? lol its a bit old but it was entertaining when i was young
Heroic Age-Nodos fighting nodos; fight scenes last longer, unrepeatative for the most part, and unique
Utawarerumono-MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT be wat you're looking for but check it out anyways
Dunno if you've seen bleach or naruto but those are some to look down your lane
Old 2008-08-05, 05:14   Link #3
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

BLACK CAT

it has cyborgs

you can go cry a river now

EDIT: oh yeah! there is NOIR also

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2008-08-05 at 05:30.
Old 2008-08-05, 05:37   Link #4
Arkuatic

black cat action scenes are weak and are very VERY short
Old 2008-08-05, 06:19   Link #5
MuraKami
Phase Angle

Martial Arts: Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi, Tenjho Tenge

Samurai Division: Rurouni Kenshin (especially the OVA), Shura no Toki, Shigurui, Samurai Gun, Samurai 7, Basilisk (+ Samurai Champloo already mentioned and highly recommended)

Magical/Supernatural Transformations: Tokko, Buso Renkin, Darker Than Black, GetBackers, HunterxHunter, Kekkaishi (meh ... not really, but not that bad, check it out)

Mecha: Innocent Venus, Soukou no Strain

Fantasy: Berserk, + Utawarerumono

Other you might find interesting: Sadamitsu The Destroyer, Bastard!!, Trinity Blood
Old 2008-08-05, 12:49   Link #6
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I will second Kenichi and Rurouni Kenshin.

There is also Gunparade March wich is similar to FMP but less episodes and no comedy.

Gundam Seed has lots of mecha action but it can be a bit repeatitive and personally i liked the story / romance parts more. Gundam 00 is more updated (animation quality) and more action too.

I have some fantasy / action animes to suggest if u dont mind some magic xD

Hellsing
Fate Stay Night
Kaze no Stigma
Flame of Recca
Old 2008-08-05, 13:27   Link #7
cerrian

Let me add Berserk and Blassreiter to the list.

Berserk for your epic story about a muscle ripped, badass swordsman. Medieval style.

Blassreiter for something different that's a mixture of guns, motorcycles, demons, mechas, etc.
Old 2008-08-05, 14:44   Link #8
MuraKami
Phase Angle

Darn, I forgot to mention a movie, Sword of The Stranger. 2D/3D fights in every 30 sec or so . Check it out, I'm sure you would like it.
Old 2008-08-05, 17:28   Link #9
AceD
See You En' Tee

claymore also, has alot of good fights and plot
Closed Thread