AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 16:43   Link #12341
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Her All-Fiction is probably better, come to think of it. I remember something about her skill "perfecting" the acquired skills or whatnot.

Then again, Hinokage did state that Chougasaki's Encounter was even more complete than Medaka's The End.
And yet she can use Encounter herself.

In a darkened corner of Medaka Box, logic weeps.
I wouldn't think too much into that, whenever someone states a limitation about a shounen MC's ability you should ignore it, it's almost always always false or will end up false. That shit is straight up hype fodder.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 16:46   Link #12342
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Medaka goes 120%, yo.

I wondered if at this point even Medaka forgot about her hundreds of powers (rough estimate). Still, having moral compunctions against using them makes even less sense, so that's probably what happened.
Well, she didn't seem to have any moral compunctions against using all her skills in her first fight with Iihiko.
Old 2013-02-27, 16:51   Link #12343
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Well, she didn't seem to have any moral compunctions against using all her skills in her first fight with Iihiko.
What moral compunctions that actually doesn't make any sense, her entire moveset is about copying other peoples abilities which she uses all the time, you think she cares. The only reason she hasn't is because she has never had a need to.

She actually went an entire arc weaknenng her power, because she considered herself too overpowered hence forsaken god mode or whatever it was called. The second she meets a foe on equal level, she logically uses those abilities.
Old 2013-02-27, 16:55   Link #12344
Wolfenstein

I never said I believed Medaka had those moral compunctions, though.
Old 2013-02-27, 16:56   Link #12345
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
I never said I believed Medaka had those moral compunctions, though.
I know I was simply referring to whole subject of nonexistent moral compunctions.
Old 2013-02-27, 17:07   Link #12346
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
What moral compunctions that actually doesn't make any sense, her entire moveset is about copying other peoples abilities which she uses all the time, you think she cares. The only reason she hasn't is because she has never had a need to.
All Fiction has the potential to erase the entire universe. That's what I mean by "compunctions", she doesn't seem to like using it because of how dangerous it is.
I distinctly remember her actually saying something like this, actually.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 17:24   Link #12347
Wolfenstein

Well, It's not like that'll stop her from reviving herself or using it against Iihiko.

This ending is sounding more shaky by the minute.
Old 2013-02-27, 17:36   Link #12348
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
All Fiction has the potential to erase the entire universe. That's what I mean by "compunctions", she doesn't seem to like using it because of how dangerous it is.
I distinctly remember her actually saying something like this, actually.
She has a mastered version of it meaning most of those risks tend to be nullifiyed. Also that isn't moral compunction, that's common sense. Fire can kill people it can also burn yourself there's nothing morally wrong with using fire and you shouldn't be compelled due to moral reasons not to use it. It is very dangerous it has nothing to do with morals. Your using the wrong term hence the confusion. If using All fiction disagreed with belief (e.g she doesn't believe the ability should exist because she considers it wrong or evil) then it'd be a moral compnction without a disagreement in somones morality, core belief.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2013-02-27 at 17:52.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:31   Link #12349
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Has a Jump manga ever ended without an announcement beforehand?
Edit: I checked the mangahelpers thread that you're talking about. They're full of shit. Nice try though.
All of them

Not really considering most western fandom gets their jump info off that thread, if you also bothered to read more than two pages you'll see next to none calling for the end of medaka box, even with its shit rankings.

Lastly If you check the thread again you'll see a list if manga that has received a color page for ending, even Magico lol.

Gg, I called it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 19:42   Link #12350
tuckersister

I still think next arc will involves the Hitoyoshi family.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 19:44   Link #12351
Homura7

Whenever a series is ending the magazine writes a preview announcing that. Since there's nothing of the kind in this week's chapter and probably won't be anything as well in the next one, I say the story has one more arc to go.

And it will contain all the loose ends that were left for last, such as the issue with Zenkichi's father, the Kurokami clan, Kumagawa finally achieving victory, Shiranui, Hanten, Ajimu's legacy, etc.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 20:14   Link #12352
DawnEmperor

Any perspectives on how you wish the series could have went?

When it comes to Medaka's characterization, I rather liked the route the very first arc took. Part of me felt that she fit well in the whole odd mentor role to Zenkichi and the other characters. Not to say that Unzen shouldn't have challenged her, but I think the focus from the very beginning was on philosophies and character interactions, so we could've had her beliefs challenged much earlier.

I mean, the fights in hindsight seem rather arbitrary don't they? I think the first one with Unzen should've already the established the futility of physical fights to resolve conflicts.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 20:47   Link #12353
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Any perspectives on how you wish the series could have went?
I would rather it stuck with Haruhi or Sket Dance route, the way the manga turned out now made me rather irritated to say the least. I don't have problems with the cast as much as I really hate Medaka, there is no real challenge to Medaka and she could resolve the plot by herself without any help. There was someone in the anime thread who said he liked the first episodes before it turned into a manga with superpowers.
Old 2013-02-27, 20:53   Link #12354
master ryu

Spoiler for for chap 184:

Last edited by master ryu; 2013-02-27 at 21:14.
master ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 20:58   Link #12355
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
^Buddy, spoilers.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 21:26   Link #12356
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Not really considering most western fandom gets their jump info off that thread, if you also bothered to read more than two pages you'll see next to none calling for the end of medaka box, even with its shit rankings.
You have an 18-year-old from Rio with 36 posts saying shit like "I'm positive that Medaka is about to end next chapter". Yep, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Lastly If you check the thread again you'll see a list if manga that has received a color page for ending, even Magico lol.
So every manga that receives a color page is about to end, okay. Have you considered that it's also the last chapter of a fairly arc?

God, I really hope it doesn't end next week so you'll finally shut up about this shit.
Old 2013-02-27, 21:34   Link #12357
Lupus753

Quote:
Originally Posted by master ryu View Post
Spoiler for for chap 184:
Spoiler for next chapter:
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 22:23   Link #12358
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Spoiler for next chapter:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-02-27, 22:41   Link #12359
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Maybe "Medaka Box" will end, but the story will continue under a new title?
Old 2013-02-27, 23:39   Link #12360
master ryu

Quote:
Maybe "Medaka Box" will end, but the story will continue under a new title?
I do not remember such incidents in the history manga.Nishio who will be the first to be decided is
master ryu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council