AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-10-24, 02:39   Link #1921
gaspah
Undoubted Ruler

Send a message via MSN to gaspah Send a message via Yahoo to gaspah
I dunno if you people will find this rude or whatever... but i've just started watching Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (im half way through d/l ep8) i get to watch ep5 - ep8 tonight... but anyways... i want more anime like this... i already own excel saga + poemy, and flcl on dvd which i think are all crazy... but i really love the whole intrusive director style..... email gaspah@yahoo.com

oh by the way im asking for recommendations of similar anime if you cant tell...

Last edited by gaspah; 2006-10-24 at 03:04. Reason: i love chicken strips
gaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 15:01   Link #1922
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I put an extrait of Missing Part found on the DVD...
This scene too, is funny^^
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 16:42   Link #1923
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspah View Post
I dunno if you people will find this rude or whatever... but i've just started watching Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (im half way through d/l ep8) i get to watch ep5 - ep8 tonight... but anyways... i want more anime like this... i already own excel saga + poemy, and flcl on dvd which i think are all crazy... but i really love the whole intrusive director style..... email gaspah@yahoo.com

oh by the way im asking for recommendations of similar anime if you cant tell...
Not rude at all... its always fun to hear from someone seeing it for the first time and excited about it

Almost as much fun as actually introducing someone to it and watching it with them.
Old 2006-10-24, 17:44   Link #1924
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Isn't it weird though? That when you watch something with people, everything is funny or dramatic again, like you didn't know it was coming? I wonder if it's more of an empathic/social response (enjoy it because the crowd enjoys) or if it's just that the changed environment allows bypass of tolerance in the same way as with drugs?
Old 2006-10-24, 17:54   Link #1925
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Isn't it weird though? That when you watch something with people, everything is funny or dramatic again, like you didn't know it was coming? I wonder if it's more of an empathic/social response (enjoy it because the crowd enjoys) or if it's just that the changed environment allows bypass of tolerance in the same way as with drugs?
I remember going to the anime convention that was held in late May this year, when there were only a few SHnY episodes out, but I have already seen them a number of times, then I entered the room where everyone was watching, and all the funny parts, dramatic parts were even funnier and more dramatic than it was before. The effect of watching the show with friends or with people with common interest really is a joy. That's why they always have those background laughters in sitcoms.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 18:09   Link #1926
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... the sitcom laugh nonsense only usually aggravates me because they laughed at stuff that was dead unfunny.

The experience of sharing a moment with other people who "get it" (nod to MST3K) really rejuvenates the moment for me.

There's always that first WTF moment in Monty Python's Holy Grail with a first time watcher that I just relish, for example.
Old 2006-10-24, 21:47   Link #1927
Seiryuu

Maybe someone's suggested this, but I don't have the willpower to take on 96 pages. I'd been thinking about this show for awhile, and I thought of something. If my guess is right, then Koizumi, Nagato, and Asahina are all absolute fools for not noticing.
Spoiler:
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 22:14   Link #1928
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Maybe someone's suggested this, but I don't have the willpower to take on 96 pages. I'd been thinking about this show for awhile, and I thought of something. If my guess is right, then Koizumi, Nagato, and Asahina are all absolute fools for not noticing.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-24, 22:21   Link #1929
etran11

hey does anyone know if there is going to be a second seaon of the melancholy?
etran11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 22:47   Link #1930
LCeh

Not yet, nothing has been cofirmed.
Old 2006-10-25, 11:09   Link #1931
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by etran11 View Post
hey does anyone know if there is going to be a second seaon of the melancholy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Not yet, nothing has been cofirmed.
Before Kyoani can even think of a second season, they have to get Kanon 2006 and an unnamed 14 episode series done first. Which, ironically, would mean that IF a second season happens, it would premiere at about the same time of the year as the first season.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 12:10   Link #1932
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

After Kanon2006, KyoAni has announced they are doing an animated version of Lucky-Star (a four panel comic somewhat in the vein of Azumanga Daioh) .... this is apparently a very funny comic (I've not seen it) but production-wise it'll probably be almost like a vacation and may give their think-tank some time to stew on the Haruhi phenomenom and how to capitalize on it

I would place a small bet that we'll be seeing Haruhi again at the same time next year or at worst a short season afterwards.
Old 2006-10-25, 22:41   Link #1933
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I would place a small bet that we'll be seeing Haruhi again at the same time next year or at worst a short season afterwards.
And I really hope you would make some money off that bet.

But I don't know. I am not too optimistic. FMP deserves a sequel as well, and you just never know what KyoAni has in mind next. I don't really doubt that we will have a second season, but I would be pretty surprised to see a second season of Haruhi next year same time. But then, on the other hand, Haruhi is incredibly popular afterall, and KyotoAni probably would like to add on to that as well.
Old 2006-10-25, 22:52   Link #1934
Skane
Anime Snark

Well... FMP is very popular too, more so when it comes to mainstream audiences( Bots, Babes, BOOMS, etc...). If you notice... KyoAni has been alternating between profitable series and quirky series. Lucky Star is quirky, so the next one has to be profitable. I would predict FMP myself.

Besides... I want more Tessa.
Old 2006-10-25, 23:26   Link #1935
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Good point... ah well, its a high risk bet

I haven't really looked at FMP so that would be an opportunity I guess
Old 2006-10-26, 00:41   Link #1936
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well... FMP is very popular too, more so when it comes to mainstream audiences( Bots, Babes, BOOMS, etc...). If you notice... KyoAni has been alternating between profitable series and quirky series. Lucky Star is quirky, so the next one has to be profitable. I would predict FMP myself.
Besides... I want more Tessa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Good point... ah well, its a high risk bet
I haven't really looked at FMP so that would be an opportunity I guess
I think that the next series should be the second season of Haruhi... since it would be both profitable and quirky.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 00:53   Link #1937
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Wait for a Second Season Of Haruhi
Just waiting too for Next Series of KyoAni^^ (Lucky Star, FMP etc...^^)

Does anyone know if a 9th Novel is still progress or it's stop on Volume 8?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 05:26   Link #1938
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
i have been wondering ... has KyoAni licensed the name Suzumiya Haruhi ?
cuz is it possible that other production house is going to make the second season ?
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 05:33   Link #1939
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
i have been wondering ... has KyoAni licensed the name Suzumiya Haruhi ?
cuz is it possible that other production house is going to make the second season ?
No to the former, and why on Earth would they let that happen for the latter? Give some other studio the rights to their goldmine? I doubt they're that generous. Besides, they already have a healthy working relationship with the author. Why would the author let some other studio do the adaptation when KyoAni has already made his novels super popular?
Old 2006-10-26, 05:44   Link #1940
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
No to the former, and why on Earth would they let that happen for the latter? Give some other studio the rights to their goldmine? I doubt they're that generous. Besides, they already have a healthy working relationship with the author. Why would the author let some other studio do the adaptation when KyoAni has already made his novels super popular?
its just a thought
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen