AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-23, 15:51   Link #741
Bern-san

For those curious, the official site is having a countdown till new year and then they will change the main visual (I think).

These are the countdown images for now
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And the PV for the new ending: http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/569548
It does sound like an ending song but I think I like happy endings more
Old 2012-12-23, 19:45   Link #742
shinigami99

Man I've just been watching episode 12 over and over again for the past couple of days. It was just so epic. It's gonna be a long two weeks
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 20:40   Link #743
iCK

End game couples are Aika and Mahiro, Yoshino and Hakaze.
In the SS, Aika is Mrs. Clause while Mahiro is Mr. Clause.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 21:03   Link #744
shinigami99

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Definitely shipping Yoshino-Hakaze which probably leaves Aika-Mahiro, which may make sense. However, I don't know Aika's true intentions and if she's even going to come back (though I assume she will at some point) so I can't honestly say if she and Mahiro will be good together. I DO know that Mahiro will probably choose Aika no matter what intentions she has. Yoshino might think about it more not to mention he may already have feelings for Hakaze at that point.

That being said, I can totally see Yoshaze vs Mahika at the end. If it comes to that, based on how it is right now (without any further information), I would probably support Yoshaze.
Old 2012-12-24, 15:12   Link #745
Ray
Garnet

I've been out of the loop for a while, so forgive me for asking this if it's been asked before, but has this show been confirmed to be 2-cour (or something longer than 12 episodes, at least)? For some reason or other, I was positive that it was 1-cour..

I just marathoned the latest 7 episodes, and boy, have I been missing out. I spoiled myself a bit before I stopped watching, but the anime has basically caught up now with the exception of a few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I realize, I'm a veritable old man these days (though still young and spry compared to the Seij), but I think it's kind of sad to hear that Shakespeare isn't mandatory reading for kids these days while in school.
I don't know about elsewhere, but I do know that it's mandatory in Ireland. We have to sit two series of exams (Junior Cert. and Leaving Cert.) in 3rd year and 5th year respectively, which can be sat at 3 levels: Foundation Level, Ordinary Level, and Higher Level. For the last two, students are required to know (character analysis, relationships, plot, theme, general vision and viewpoint, and etc.) one of the chosen three Shakespearean plays for that year. So students here study 2 Shakespearean plays during their time in school. I studied The Merchant of Venice and Hamlet, and my familiarity of the latter being why I'm enjoying all the quoting in Zetsuen.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 16:11   Link #746
shinigami99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I've been out of the loop for a while, so forgive me for asking this if it's been asked before, but has this show been confirmed to be 2-cour (or something longer than 12 episodes, at least)? For some reason or other, I was positive that it was 1-cour..

I just marathoned the latest 7 episodes, and boy, have I been missing out. I spoiled myself a bit before I stopped watching, but the anime has basically caught up now with the exception of a few things.

I don't know about elsewhere, but I do know that it's mandatory in Ireland. We have to sit two series of exams (Junior Cert. and Leaving Cert.) in 3rd year and 5th year respectively, which can be sat at 3 levels: Foundation Level, Ordinary Level, and Higher Level. For the last two, students are required to know (character analysis, relationships, plot, theme, general vision and viewpoint, and etc.) one of the chosen three Shakespearean plays for that year. So students here study 2 Shakespearean plays during their time in school. I studied The Merchant of Venice and Hamlet, and my familiarity of the latter being why I'm enjoying all the quoting in Zetsuen.

It's definitely 2-cour, but I'm not sure how many episodes there are exactly
Old 2012-12-24, 16:28   Link #747
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
It's definitely 2-cour, but I'm not sure how many episodes there are exactly
Ah, that's great to hear! Thanks.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 05:49   Link #748
Salva
Princess since baptism.

I find Samon actions and reactions so... funny. He's cute with his overthinking and trying his best not to be outsmarted by kids, yet still failing to do that. His facial expressions, and poses for me were nothing than some kind of parody (what first came to mind was Code Geass).

Overall though it's amazing show. I still don't quite get what made me like it so much. I hate Aika type, I hate Mahiro, Yoshino is a little bit more likeable but dangerous at the same time. Reminds me of the most exciting series I ever saw. I really longed for something like that for a while now. Something a little bit more demanding than typical romance or action series. I also find it a nice touch there are so many references to Shakespeare.
Old 2012-12-26, 22:19   Link #749
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Opposites attract. Aika and Yoshino. Mahiro and Hakaze.

Aika is a chaotic temptress. Mahiro is a chaotic blood knight.
Yoshino and Hakaze are too much alike.

Mahiro gets over his sister. He realizes he's not into her like he thinks he is. He just loved her for being like a sister, 'cause his parents didn't pay attention to him.

Mahiro then chooses Hakaze.
Aika and Yoshino make up. Aika gets jealous because she's red blooded chaos.

Hakaze having a crush on Yoshino is a device just to really sink in that Hakaze and Aika are complete rivals and are destined to get into a cat fight.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 02:32   Link #750
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I realize, I'm a veritable old man these days (though still young and spry compared to the Seij), but I think it's kind of sad to hear that Shakespeare isn't mandatory reading for kids these days while in school.

To answer the question, broadly...yes.

I'll go a little further, and say that background perspectives on innocents, etc, (and to some extent, the fate of the world), aren't really what the show (emphasis on show, not story) is about, imo.
It was for me back in the 90's. I HATED it. God what a waste of time. And my nickname(no joke) in Middle School and High School, was Bookworm.
Old 2012-12-27, 08:14   Link #751
shinigami99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Opposites attract. Aika and Yoshino. Mahiro and Hakaze.

Aika is a chaotic temptress. Mahiro is a chaotic blood knight.
Yoshino and Hakaze are too much alike.

Mahiro gets over his sister. He realizes he's not into her like he thinks he is. He just loved her for being like a sister, 'cause his parents didn't pay attention to him.

Mahiro then chooses Hakaze.
Aika and Yoshino make up. Aika gets jealous because she's red blooded chaos.

Hakaze having a crush on Yoshino is a device just to really sink in that Hakaze and Aika are complete rivals and are destined to get into a cat fight.
Sounds interesting, but I just feel that Yoshino and Hakaze will hook up at some point. We are not guaranteed to even see Aika alive again, and who knows what kind of person she is. We DO know that Mahiro will probably follow her no matter what but I'm not sure about Yoshino. What is going to be more interesting is the interaction between Hakaze and Aika assuming Yoshino chooses to side with Hakaze.
Old 2012-12-28, 08:34   Link #752
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

say is 13 gonna be out this week? usually it comes out around the same time as K
Old 2012-12-28, 08:52   Link #753
Kakkou
Tch.

Buyers of the BD/DVDs can participate in a draw to win a bonus special episode manga. They also stand to win other character themed prizes, of which the following have been revealed so far:

Junichirou prize: Yamamoto oppai mousepad
Hayakawa prize: Deluxe necktie
Natsumura prize: Spear ball pen
Tetsuma prize : Tattoo sticker

I-It's not like I mentioned this just because of the mousepad or anything!! Wonder if any of the prizes will be bedsheets or pillows? Yoshino prize pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
say is 13 gonna be out this week? usually it comes out around the same time as K
It's on the usual end of year break like most series around this time. Episode 13 will air on the 10th of January.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 12:49   Link #754
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Sounds interesting, but I just feel that Yoshino and Hakaze will hook up at some point. We are not guaranteed to even see Aika alive again, and who knows what kind of person she is. We DO know that Mahiro will probably follow her no matter what but I'm not sure about Yoshino. What is going to be more interesting is the interaction between Hakaze and Aika assuming Yoshino chooses to side with Hakaze.
Isn't Mahiro the catalyst?

Sort of sucks that he's the badass and Yoshino gets the babes.

You'd think he get one of the two.
Old 2012-12-28, 13:19   Link #755
Nico87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Ah, that's great to hear! Thanks.
24 episodes announced.
Nico87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 14:26   Link #756
shinigami99

Quote:
Isn't Mahiro the catalyst?

Sort of sucks that he's the badass and Yoshino gets the babes.

You'd think he get one of the two.
Well both of them are badass in their own way IMO
Old 2012-12-28, 14:28   Link #757
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Buyers of the BD/DVDs can participate in a draw to win a bonus special episode manga. They also stand to win other character themed prizes, of which the following have been revealed so far:

Junichirou prize: Yamamoto oppai mousepad
Hayakawa prize: Deluxe necktie
Natsumura prize: Spear ball pen
Tetsuma prize : Tattoo sticker

I-It's not like I mentioned this just because of the mousepad or anything!! Wonder if any of the prizes will be bedsheets or pillows? Yoshino prize pls.
Mother of God
I'm really curious about Samon's prize (BTW they have to make a nendoroid of him with his painful faces)

I've continued to check out the countdown images, I missed number 5 but I think it was an image of Yoshino and Mahiro already seen in magazine scans.

Really like the last 2 images
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-28, 15:24   Link #758
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Well both of them are badass in their own way IMO
But Mahiro is the bravest one.

Sort of sucks if Aika and Hakaze are both into Yoshino. Avenging a girl that likes his friend more and got killed. Fateful encounter with mage girl before anyone else, got the ball rolling. And the mage girl has a crush on his friend, too?

I thought everyone got a happy ending.

Mahiro... why must life suck for the badass?

You'd think Hakaze would be into Mahiro, more.
Old 2012-12-28, 16:46   Link #759
Konja7

Quote:
But Mahiro is the bravest one.

Sort of sucks if Aika and Hakaze are both into Yoshino. Avenging a girl that likes his friend more and got killed. Fateful encounter with mage girl before anyone else, got the ball rolling. And the mage girl has a crush on his friend, too?

I thought everyone got a happy ending.

Mahiro... why must life suck for the badass?

You'd think Hakaze would be into Mahiro, more.
Well, we do not know if Aika is alive.

Hakaze's feelings toward Yoshino have good reason. If the anime is in line with the manga, these reasons will be explained.

About happy endings, perhaps the anime has a happy ending (if the anime has an original ending). Although I'm sure the manga will have a bittersweet ending (the author usually write that kind of end).
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 21:14   Link #760
shinigami99

tbh I'm not sure HOW into Yoshino Aika was. We don't know nearly enough about her to make any judgement. For all we know, she could be more into Mahiro (why did she stop when she was about to kiss Yoshino?)

I'm going to ship Hakaze and Yoshino hard, but I feel like we need to know more about Aika to see who she likes more. Maybe Yoshino and Hakaze would make a boring couple, but I feel it would be pretty awesome still.

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen