AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-31, 05:49   Link #5261
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
It actually did. With a little help from Illya at the end, Shirou managed to get rid of his 9 remaining lives. What I don't get is, one kill from the Nine Lives should have rendered Berserker immune to getting killed by it again. So...how?
The "Alter" form severely degraded God Hand.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 07:29   Link #5262
JustThisOne
Eternally Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The "Alter" form severely degraded God Hand.
Its actually debated that Dark Beserker did not even have God Hand, since it was mentioned that Dark Beserker did not have his "skin". Also Nine Lives is a technique not Beserker's sword, so only Beserker's sword would be downgraded not Nine Lives.
JustThisOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 04:14   Link #5263
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The way I see it, it might be a little unclear how it was pulled off. But the fact of the matter is, Shirou WAS able to kill Berserker, which kind of proves it was possible. Whether it was because he blew away all his remaining lives at once or he just didn't have multiple lives to begin with.. It's unclear, but it's one of those things.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 14:38   Link #5264
mukade

Is it true that the Corrupted Grail would have twisted anyone's wish like it did to Kerry's?
I've seen lots of comments saying that before, but today I came across one saying that's BS after playing FHA.
mukade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 14:46   Link #5265
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukade View Post
Is it true that the Corrupted Grail would have twisted anyone's wish like it did to Kerry's?
I've seen lots of comments saying that before, but today I came across one saying that's BS after playing FHA.
It can only fulfill a wish with the method that one wishing it is aware of. We don't know what it would do with other people's wishes.

However any sort of wish would release Angra Mainyuu upon the world.
Old 2015-09-01, 15:05   Link #5266
mukade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
It can only fulfill a wish with the method that one wishing it is aware of. We don't know what it would do with other people's wishes.

However any sort of wish would release Angra Mainyuu upon the world.
I see.
But then... why isn't Angra Mainyu trying to mass murder everyone in FHA?
Old 2015-09-01, 15:10   Link #5267
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I haven't read Hollow Ataraxia but I think everything in it is an illusion and not real.
Old 2015-09-01, 18:24   Link #5268
JustThisOne
Eternally Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I haven't read Hollow Ataraxia but I think everything in it is an illusion and not real.
Hollow Ataraxia is a weird alternate universe created by the Second Magic. You can blame Rin for that.
Old 2015-09-01, 20:50   Link #5269
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Breaker 2.0 View Post
Was it ever stated, be it via Nasu interviews or game sources, the fate of the relationship between Rin and Shirou after the events of UBW?
I feel I wrote this rather vaguely, so I'll add detail.

Spoiler for UBW:
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 21:13   Link #5270
mukade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThisOne View Post
Hollow Ataraxia is a weird alternate universe created by the Second Magic. You can blame Rin for that.
But what about Avenger/Angra Mainyu?
What does Rin's experiment have to do with him possessing Shirou?
Old 2015-09-01, 22:15   Link #5271
JustThisOne
Eternally Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukade View Post
But what about Avenger/Angra Mainyu?
What does Rin's experiment have to do with him possessing Shirou?
Honestly, Hollow Ataraxia is a huge clusterfuck even Nasu said not to think about it too much. Its a fandisc what do you expect? The whole 2nd magic thing was a way for Nasu to bring back most of the cast for this crazy story.

The whole Avenger thing is simply a ruse to make Bazett believe that A Holy Grail War is going on. The story also makes it ambiguous as to if Avenger is possessing Shirou or if Avenger is just pretending to be Shirou without Avenger realizing it.
Old 2015-09-06, 16:16   Link #5272
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

When exactly does UBW BD2 come out in October?
Old 2015-09-07, 02:59   Link #5273
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Also Avenger did not possess Shirou. He BECAME Shirou.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 10:46   Link #5274
Takeshi senpai

The wiki states that there are five types of heroic spirits: Human, earth, heaven, star and the unexplained fifth category. Human and earth are explained, but what about the remaining? Any thoughts on what they may be? The only thing I can guess for heaven is of heroes that were from divine spirits, like Vishnu with his avatars.
Takeshi senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 16:30   Link #5275
Romanticide

anyone know if aniplex plans to restore the LE's of Zero and UBW? I want the collections on BD but the imports are out of stock/expensive, and the us versions are out of stock as well.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 20:59   Link #5276
DKN117

Guy who's new to the Fate/Universe here. Can the 'Trace' ability be used to copy/forge things like techniques/spells/what-have-you? Or only swords and material/physical objects?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 08:20   Link #5277
Tenzen12

Sort of, Shiro ability trace is very unique because he can trace nit just materi but even history of weapon. So if he has sword he has also skills of it's owner.
Old 2016-04-05, 23:52   Link #5278
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
You know I had heard since my time watching Fate that Fate is a take that against superheroes as well as the hero concept in general. After watching some of the Fate series, it seems as though that the only characters who have anything against heroes is EMIYA and Kiritsugu and even then it seems more like they hate hypocrisy rather than the concept. My question is Fate really about how you should never be a hero or is it just internet cynicism? Is Fate really about how you should never be a hero or is it more about overcoming yourself?
Old 2016-04-06, 02:48   Link #5279
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I take it you haven't played the game then? Basically it's a story of three different stages a youth might go through. Saber route is the unrelenting pursue of idealism, Rin route is when idealism is crashed by reality but ultimately still clings to some form of ideals, and Sakura route is when one abandons idealism completely and resorts to pragmatism. People also sometimes equate these as the process of growing up, but I disagree with that.
Old 2016-04-06, 04:56   Link #5280
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Where does the hero thing come in?