Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-02, 16:53   Link #1
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Strike Freedom's and ∞ Justice reactor question

Taken from MAHQ

Built by Terminal, the ∞ Justice Gundam keeps the basic design of the original Justice Gundam, although its armaments have been upgraded. Also, the ∞ Justice Gundam is powered by the hyper deuterion nuclear reactor technology developed by ZAFT. This new design stores power in deuterion form, providing a continuous deuterion charge and, in theory, an endless power supply. However, it is possible for the suit's power to be expended before the reactor can replenish it.

The Strike Freedom is powered by the hyper deuterion nuclear reactor technology developed by ZAFT. This new design stores power in deuterion form, providing a continuous deuterion charge and, in theory, an endless power supply. However, it is possible for the suit's power to be expended before the reactor can replenish it.

I thought these gundams were based on ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam and ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam who are equipped with Neutron Jammer Cancelers
"By creating the N-Jammer Canceler, a mobile suit can use a nuclear fission reactor and function for a nearly unlimited amount of time even with Phase Shift armor activated."

ZGMF-X09A , ZGMF-X10A , ZGMF-X19A , ZGMF-X20A have the same GUNDAM meaning if I remember correctly
Generation
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module

What does deuterion have to do with Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice ?
I thought they kept the same power source based on Freedom and Justice for Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice.
I'd be grateful if someone could explain it for me
and sorry for asking this question
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 16:56   Link #2
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=1394

a discussion on the mahq message boards... can you see it?
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 17:57   Link #3
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

thanks for the link
It would be nice if it could also be discussed here too
Old 2006-09-02, 18:39   Link #4
4Tran

Presumably, the engines for Legend, Destiny, Infinite Justice and Strike Freedom are all based off the ones in Justice and Freedom. Therefore, they’ll all work on fission, and have NJCs. The “Deuterion” in their OS names are probably just that: names that don’t necessarily have anything to do with how they actually operate (Who’s bright idea was it to base OS names off of engineering data to begin with?). I’m not sure if there’s any reason to read more into the matter than that.
Old 2006-09-02, 18:46   Link #5
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think it's just an upgraded (more powerful?) version of whatever powered Freedom and Justice. Two years, after all, can be a long time in terms of CE technological developments. If there's a third series, set two years later, they may come up with yet another name for an even more powerful reactor... whose effects we just won't be able to see onscreen. It's not like we can really clock those things.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 19:56   Link #6
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Science in these things are not to be taken seriously, all you need ot know is basically...

nuclear=bad ass
fission=bad ass
deuterion (one neutron one proton hydrogen +1 ion, presumably)=even more bad ass
fusion=ultra bad ass
hyper + xxxxx = ultra bad ass
weird sounding particle (with russian guy name)=uber crazy shit
organic oids have special powers (see mirage colloid) even though they are supposed to be watery

the deuterion is presumably a fancy spelling of deuteron, a light particle not suitable for fission, so either it is a chemical battery or is used in some sort of fusion reaction. My guess would be that the entire thing is basically one big fission powered fuel cell.

a fission reactor produces heat, and there is a need for an energy conversion stage (thermal to presumably electric), so the deuterium most sensibly should refer to a more efficient transfer process.

In any case, knowing too much is not good for entertainment.
Old 2006-09-02, 23:05   Link #7
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

awesome, we have 3 people with the same avatars now :P
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 23:20   Link #8
anselfir
Style Über Alles

I just love that picture.
Old 2006-09-03, 00:26   Link #9
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Somehow, calling them "upgraded" doesn't make much sense to me...they actually seem DOWNgraded given that in 1 battle, Shinn was running low on power...though they never did show Levels in the Freedom or Justice in SEED or SEED Destiny...who knows...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 00:55   Link #10
rpgman1

I think Destiny still uses that Deuterion Beam technology that recharges the Impulse, except its inside the engine to recharge the reactor. Freedom, Justice, and the new upgraded models supposedly still rely on nuclear power (NJCs) but upgraded. In terms of overall battery capacity: Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, Destiny, then Legend. My guess is the two former models are much more advanced than the latter two in terms of battle time. I think Destiny ran out of power because it keeps using its Wings of Light which seriously eats up too much power in a short period of time. No one knows how Akatsuki is powered but people know it existed around the time of SEED.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 01:01   Link #11
stillmissing

MS power systems in CE:

Conventional battery- what most MS use. As far as I know, it's never been revealed what kind of battery is used, but we do know that the technology continues to improve. A first generation GAT-X unit does not use the same battery as a GINN, nor as the second generation of GAT-X units. Hard numbers on output have not been published though.

Battery with fission reactor and neutron jammer canceller - used mostly in the original ZGMF-X**A series of suits as well as a few other models like the DINN Raven, N Dagger N, and Prototype ZAKU. In this case the MS draws power from a high output battery that is constantly being refueled by a fission reactor. The NJC is there of course simply to allow the reactor to operate properly. For these suits, a power down is highly unlikely, but possible if more energy is somehow drained from the battery than the reactor can compensate for. Naturally, a power down will not last unless the reactor is disabled somehow.

Deuterion battery - used in ZAFT's second series Gundam mobile suits. An advancement in power technology that stores electricity as "deuterions" and then processes them through a mechanism called "petatron collapse". This type of system is more efficient that whatever kind of battery conventional ms batteries are, and offers greater energy output and longer duration.

Hyper deuterion reactor - used in Destiny, Legend, Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, and the Providence ZAKU. Basically, an upgrade of the conventional battery + reactor design. As might be expected in this case, the hybrid system consists of a deuterion battery from which the MS draws power and a fission reactor (with njc of course) that refuels the battery. The mechanism by which the energy generated by the reactor is converted into deuterions hasn't been stated, I think. The same notes about a possible power down under the entry for the old reactor systems applies here as well.
stillmissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 01:41   Link #12
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Akatsuki is hax, so it gets a pass from a technical loophole. The whole thing is hax. Just stop thinking about it and admire its pretty chrome.

They should really use the Akatsuki in a coppertop commercial, that would seriously rock.

Last edited by anselfir; 2006-09-03 at 02:02.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 03:24   Link #13
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

I thought Strike Freedom's and ∞'s Justice reactors were different from Legend's and Destiny's since both Strike Freedom's and ∞ Justice reactor have Nuclear in their Gundam name whereas Legend and Destiny have a different kind of name I forgot what their 'GUNDAM' stand for maybe it was just a way not to reveal that Destiny and Legend have nuclear reactors but isn't the Junius Seven Treaty considered void after the EA launched Nuclear Weapons on PLANT ? So what's the point in hiding their power alimentation status ? And another question if the Wing of Light uses so much energy resulting in a power drop for Destiny's mobile suit what about Strike Freedom it "spams" tons of attacks shouldn't it run out faster? Can't we say that Strike Freedom and Destiny are powered up differently?
Old 2006-09-03, 05:11   Link #14
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
The only good answer is that, based on the animation, Destiny's WoL use up significantly more power than SF's armaments could ever hope to do.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 06:44   Link #15
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

what's so special about the Wings of Light?
Old 2006-09-03, 06:53   Link #16
Jiyu

I think they have official explanation here regarding Destiny's low power
http://www.gundam-seed-d.net/story/index.html
I don't know Japanese but I used Babelfish to translate it. From what I understand, it seems something is wrong with Destiny's engine.

Edit: Go to phase 42 and click D-I.Q.

Last edited by Jiyu; 2006-09-03 at 07:20.
Jiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 08:04   Link #17
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
what's so special about the Wings of Light?
It looks purdy.
Old 2006-09-03, 08:18   Link #18
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Only if you like butterflies. I prefer birds, or even bats.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 08:23   Link #19
X207
Gamyūsa

ya too bad he wanted his opponent to see WOL, he should know better to not keep them one, well atleast the animating company wanted to make him look cool for a short time before letting him be defeated so easily
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 08:25   Link #20
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Destiny's WoL was supposed to look like angel wings, but meh.