Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-10, 16:11   Link #1201
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post

Wonder what exactly do others see at times like this:

Do they actually see Araragi talking with a floating soda?
I do believe these kinds of supernatural invisibility don't actually make themselves invisible; they just make themselves unnoticeable. So most people would walk right pass without noticing anything strange. If Arararagi point out to them the soda bottle, then they "might" see it.
Old 2009-08-10, 16:15   Link #1202
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Best harem ever?
That is quite the harem...possibly the only one to rival Minato's in Sekirei...hell if I wasn't such a huge Tsukiumi fan I would say yea this is the best harem ever!

btw is the lovely lass on the left?
Old 2009-08-10, 16:18   Link #1203
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
*blinks*

do I see Kuu in his harem as well?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 16:20   Link #1204
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
With the hat? That's Nadeko Sengoku who shall appear quite soon i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
do I see Kuu in his harem as well?

That's Shinobu Oshino who appeared in the first episode.
Old 2009-08-10, 16:40   Link #1205
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
That is quite the harem...possibly the only one to rival Minato's in Sekirei...hell if I wasn't such a huge Tsukiumi fan I would say yea this is the best harem ever!

Quite the harem, but just say "NO" to wincest!

About learning Japanese, I've only actually taken one semester of it and the rest I've learned on my own. For me Japanese was easier to learn than French and simpler than Chinese, outside of the kanji of course. Most of the grammatical structure that I've encountered in manga and light novels are from that one semester of actual study so I think it's just a matter of putting time into it. As for age, like with most things, it's never too late to start. I started when I was 21 or 22 I think. It's mostly about how much effort you're willing to put into it.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 16:48   Link #1206
Yuutsu

Ah, thanks for the replies, now I feel motivated to learn. : )

Back on topic, Bakemonogatari is definitely the surprise anime of this season. There always seems to be one in every season. Last season, and the one before that, it was Natsume Yuujin-cho and its sequel, Zoku Natsume. The year previous to that, it was Kure-nai. I distinctly remember reading the plot descriptions for all three of these series and thinking about how boring they were or how clichéd the plot sounded (a former vampire helps a damsel-in-distress?). Instead, after watching the first episodes of Kure-nai and Natsume, I was instantly captivated. I can easily claim that they're are among my most favourite anime, and Bakemonogatari is certainly shaping up to be a favourite too, if it can be consistent in its quality all the way through 'til the end (and it seems like it will). Thank god I'm the person willing to give something at least few tries before I make my decision and give up on it.

P.S. -- Sorry for the post. I kinda realized that it was very vaguely related to Bakemonogatari; furthermore, this may or may not be helpful, but I'm also pretty good at French. I can read short stories and novellas written for children in french and understand the gist of it - minus a few vocab here and there. Oh, and I definitely understand the fact that you can't 'literally' translate stuff (too often does my far-better English skills screw up what I want to express in Chinese or French because I can't translate it) and that the culture/society from whence the language originated plays a huge role in how it is shaped.

Edit: Haha, coincidence to the above poster that we both know/learn or are about to learn Chinese, English, French, and Japanese? XD
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 17:02   Link #1207
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
Ah, thanks for the replies, now I feel motivated to learn. : )

Back on topic, Bakemonogatari is definitely the surprise anime of this season. There always seems to be one in every season. Last season, and the one before that, it was Natsume Yuujin-cho and its sequel, Zoku Natsume. The year previous to that, it was Kure-nai. I distinctly remember reading the plot descriptions for all three of these series and thinking about how boring they were or how clichéd the plot sounded (a former vampire helps a damsel-in-distress?). Instead, after watching the first episodes of Kure-nai and Natsume, I was instantly captivated. I can easily claim that they're are among my most favourite anime, and Bakemonogatari is certainly shaping up to be a favourite too, if it can be consistent in its quality all the way through 'til the end (and it seems like it will). Thank god I'm the person willing to give something at least few tries before I make my decision and give up on it.

P.S. -- Sorry for the post. I kinda realized that it was very vaguely related to Bakemonogatari; furthermore, this may or may not be helpful, but I'm also pretty good at French. I can read short stories and novellas written for children in french and understand the gist of it - minus a few vocab here and there. Oh, and I definitely understand the fact that you can't 'literally' translate stuff (too often does my far-better English skills screw up what I want to express in Chinese or French because I can't translate it) and that the culture/society from whence the language originated plays a huge role in how it is shaped.

Edit: Haha, coincidence to the above poster that we both know/learn or are about to learn Chinese, English, French, and Japanese? XD
Translating is really tough for me. I'm doing a little bit of Bake for someone to fangirl over and having a hell of a time trying to match the prose; and failing miserably for the most part.

And Bakemonogatari is definitely my favorite show of the season. After all, seeing the first 3 eps did get me to read the light novels...

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 17:07   Link #1208
zato_1one

At 00:55

Hachikuji : But the two of you are doing that man-woman thing, right?
Araragi : I guess.

I'm surprised that Araragi answered that question without any second thought.
So they've already advanced to that level, huh?
Old 2009-08-10, 17:19   Link #1209
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
At 00:55

Hachikuji : But the two of you are doing that man-woman thing, right?
Araragi : I guess.

I'm surprised that Araragi answered that question without any second thought.
So they've already advanced to that level, huh?
As usual, they've cut down the original conversation substantially. In the novel Hachikuji has to go through three different terms for "relationship" before Araragi reluctantly agrees.
Old 2009-08-10, 17:25   Link #1210
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
On the subject of language, try this: I started learning Japanese at the age of 19... and that was mostly due to the manga RAWs (oddly enough, I haven't gone back to reading manga RAWs in a while...). In high school, I took French, and one of these days I'm going to learn Chinese as well. And to be quite honest, I'm doing more self-studying than taking anything in a classroom

In fact, if I could get my Japanese up to a high enough level, I'd give help with a lot of novel translations... how I would kill to get my hands on a Bakemonogatari novel, but I could probably only pick out a few words here and there... and let's not even get started with the puns...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 17:25   Link #1211
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
As usual, they've cut down the original conversation substantially. In the novel Hachikuji has to go through three different terms for "relationship" before Araragi reluctantly agrees.
In that case Why was he so hesitant ?
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 17:30   Link #1212
chaos_animagic

Just watched episode 6... hehe...

Was wondering why the ED sounded so familiar... found out it was [supercell] the same one that did the vocaloid Hatsune Miku's Supercell...

Since I found ^^^ out... I wonder if the ED was an original song sing by an actual person... or is it just from the vocaloid program... hmm...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 17:30   Link #1213
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
In that case Why was he so hesitant ?
Hachikuji uses some rather awkward terms.
Old 2009-08-10, 17:48   Link #1214
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

Best harem ever?
i think negi has something to say about that.
Old 2009-08-10, 17:54   Link #1215
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
He got hammered right off and flew at least 10 feet. Ouch. If it wasn't for his unique body he'd be dead after being smacked around like that.
so is it safe to say that monkey girl actually wanted to murder him in cold blood
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 18:17   Link #1216
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
On the subject of language, try this: I started learning Japanese at the age of 19... and that was mostly due to the manga RAWs (oddly enough, I haven't gone back to reading manga RAWs in a while...). In high school, I took French, and one of these days I'm going to learn Chinese as well. And to be quite honest, I'm doing more self-studying than taking anything in a classroom

In fact, if I could get my Japanese up to a high enough level, I'd give help with a lot of novel translations... how I would kill to get my hands on a Bakemonogatari novel, but I could probably only pick out a few words here and there... and let's not even get started with the puns...
I took three years of jap at high school but just wasn't interested, my mother forced me to take them. Since I was busy enough doing english (I'm from Taiwan to New Zealand) I had no motivation at all and I ended up forgetting pretty much everything except hiragana's. Had I got into anime and raws back then things would have been very different to say the least .

My Japanese teacher only started studying jap when she went to uni so 20+ is definitely not too late.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 18:33   Link #1217
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

halfway through Ep6 and i got to make a comment.

Araragi looks totally henpeck there
Old 2009-08-10, 19:26   Link #1218
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Best harem ever?
Yes! It is! XD

lol. Hitagi is aiming her stapler at Koyomi's neck this time
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 19:53   Link #1219
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
so is it safe to say that monkey girl actually wanted to murder him in cold blood
well I haven't read the novels but guessing from the title of the arc and the location of the bandages...
Spoiler for Monkey Speculation:

Last edited by ProdigalSon; 2009-08-10 at 19:54. Reason: word choice
ProdigalSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 20:06   Link #1220
solomon

I poliitely suggest any and all further language study posts to be put in teh Learning Japanese section please.

Anyways, Mainichi said there won't be an ep for the next two weeks. Is there some holiday or sports thing coming up?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural