AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-15, 13:23   Link #1021
leorodri100

SEASON 2 of the anime annouced

i i'm a kanako X kyousuke fan, yeah you hear me, my rank is kirino X kyousuke, kanako X kyousuke then ayase X kyousuke, i really enjoy the new developments in volume 10, that ayase confession man that's just not fair, mainly tears were shed...
i'm still curious about the past of kirino and kyousuke, i played the PSP game got 98% complete (only a if kuroneko missing) and as i saw in the kirino and ayase route, since some said it was a foreshadow for future volumes i have to say, when kirino comfronted ayase about not handing over her brother i can see that happening in the novel...

i'm dying for the summaries of volume 10...really looking foward to it
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:15   Link #1022
Valky
Radioactive

Summary of chapter 2 is released by C.E.

Man, Ayase vs Kuroneko is definitely one event that I don't want to miss. It would be awesome to see it animated. lololol.
Old 2012-04-15, 14:19   Link #1023
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
i played the PSP game got 98% complete (only a if kuroneko missing) and as i saw in the kirino and ayase route, since some said it was a foreshadow for future volumes i have to say, when kirino comfronted ayase about not handing over her brother i can see that happening in the novel...
I don't want to get into too many spoilers for the game in this thread (even though it's technically not canon), but I do agree that the latest novel developments remind me a lot of Ayase's plot in the game, and I could easily see them incorporating some of those elements in the novel story without it feeling out of place.
Old 2012-04-15, 15:36   Link #1024
sleepingleo

*After reading the Chapter 2 summary from C.E.*

o.m.g. I really love this novel. It's pretty damn amazing.

You gotta love the cat fight! It was awesome. Now everything falls in place about the sex thing and all that. Of course, thanks again for the early translation Sumeragi. Now with a wider context it makes sense. And Kyo with his dad interactions...that is a damn amazing-funny series.

That little after-fight Kuroneko-Kyou dialogue that Ruri will also adopt the Kyou's doctrine about relationships is priceless.

My Kuroneko Faction Flag keeps flying high and mighty!!
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 15:38   Link #1025
Yye1
Wide Right

Hey I played the PSP game and finished the ayes route, but I read somewhere that there is a hidden ayes ending?
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 15:48   Link #1026
sleepingleo

^
Dude, this is the novel thread. The PSP game thread is just next to this one.
About your question, other than Ayase getting pregnant or killing Kyo, i think there is nothing beyond that.
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 16:00   Link #1027
Maugomale

Daisuke seems to be really calm about how close the siblings have been. I mean, the two are acting like lovers, so one would think he'd react the same way as Yoshino, yet he seems pretty chill about it. Him saying that he'll be leaving Kirino to Kyousuke got my attention. Wasn't there something about him saying he'd rather hand Kirino over to a man much like himself when she brought Mikagami over in volume 7? Could this be...?

And it looks like Kuroneko really hasn't given up yet. Sigh, I just hope she doesn't interfere until the development between the siblings is over.
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 16:00   Link #1028
Yye1
Wide Right

Sorry, But thanks it's the pregnancy one then.
Old 2012-04-15, 18:41   Link #1029
leorodri100

ehehehe~ i just created a japanese itunes acc and downloaded the oreimo app i will read chapter 1 of oreimo 10 now
Old 2012-04-15, 20:28   Link #1030
Soverence

I feel like the dad knows something that no one else knows, maybe what happened in the past between Kyousuke and Kirino? Despite all the people who are saying that he is supporting their possible relationship ... I feel like you guys have to be dreaming because the character that the dad is made out to be ... I think he would murder Kyousuke if something like that actually happened. Even with his recent non-caring, I think its cause he knows nothing is actually happening so he has no true reason to worry.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 20:36   Link #1031
leorodri100

i'm reading chapter 2 of volume 10

man kanako flag is so obvious...most of what happened in the PSP is happening in the novel

KURONEKO vs AYASE that was one of the most awesome things i've ever seen!!!

Btw that also did happen in the PSP.
Old 2012-04-15, 20:41   Link #1032
Sumeragi
Banned

Exactly the point, Soverence. The dad seems to know something about Kyousuke and Kirino, and as such he probably isn't going to deliberately intervene unless it's absolutely necessary. My feeling is that he would have reacted the same as with the actions of the other girls if Kyousuke and Kirino had a normal past relationship (which as I've been stating over and over, the two were not normal from the start).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 21:27   Link #1033
Yye1
Wide Right

I wonder if the secret kirino route in the game is actually going to be the ending for oreimo.
Old 2012-04-15, 21:49   Link #1034
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
I wonder if the secret kirino route in the game is actually going to be the ending for oreimo.
Oh..... wonder away

All I can keep saying is that the author has been playing bait/switch/mislead/gotcha with the audience since the title on the first page. About the only thing I can assert is that the interactions have been fairly grounded in a 'real world' sensibility so far. I just certainly hope he doesn't let "shippers" start affecting the course of the story. That sort of jerking around almost always stands out like a sore thumb.
Old 2012-04-15, 22:42   Link #1035
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Summary of chapter 2 is released by C.E.

Man, Ayase vs Kuroneko is definitely one event that I don't want to miss. It would be awesome to see it animated. lololol.
Thanks. Chapter 2 was a great read.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 23:12   Link #1036
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Chapter 2 was awesome.

I really enjoy Kyousuke's awesome 'nightmare', the talk with Kirino, Kanako, Ayase, and Ayase vs Kuroneko. And Daisuke was really a bro, can't imagine Kyousuke and Daisuke assemble the cabinet for the naked figurine set together XD

Kinda scary though thinking how Ayase can get the key to Kyousuke's apartment and duplicate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Hey I played the PSP game and finished the ayes route, but I read somewhere that there is a hidden ayes ending?
Ayase has another what if ending (aside from Kanako that branches from her route), IIRC. If you don't use eroge ORE item when Kirino knocked his room while Kyousuke and Ayase play eroge together, later Ayase will send anonymous threat mails to Kirino, Kuroneko, and Saori so they won't see each other and Ayase can have Kirino for herself
Old 2012-04-15, 23:21   Link #1037
Yye1
Wide Right

Thanks, wow I can defs see her doing that. See creeps the he'll out of me butfor some reason, she is my fav character
Old 2012-04-15, 23:38   Link #1038
type-R!

Its good to know some of Daisuke's views in the situation. Seems like he is becoming less bothered by their children's hobby than before. Maybe next time he'll sit down and play an eroge with both like in a certain doujin? lol
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 23:40   Link #1039
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Exactly the point, Soverence. The dad seems to know something about Kyousuke and Kirino, and as such he probably isn't going to deliberately intervene unless it's absolutely necessary. My feeling is that he would have reacted the same as with the actions of the other girls if Kyousuke and Kirino had a normal past relationship (which as I've been stating over and over, the two were not normal from the start).
The only thing that comes off as weird about it all to me is that the mom doesn't seem to know whatever the dad knows (hence the reason her reaction is so much more dramatic then the dads). I can't even begin the fathom what he might know that the mom doesn't know. Well it wouldn't be a very interesting story now if Kyousuke and Kirino had a normal past / sibling relationship now would it

Chapter 2 was certainly a fun read, had me laughing pretty much all the way through the summaries Ayase still scares me ... I don't care how cute they try to make her, maybe its just because she oddly reminds me of Yuno for Mirai Nikki (why, I don't know) so I would be afraid of a dead Kosaka family ending with Ayase
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 00:28   Link #1040
larethian

Ah ah, I finally finished volume 10 last night.

Firstly, I need to say that I only glanced through the previous posts, so there might be repeated info. Ok, here goes.

My first comment is WTF is with Kyousuke becoming more and more like a harem lead!? Well, I didn't expect to be reading a harem story when I picked up Oreimo (if I want a meaningful harem story I'll pick something else, like OreShura - Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba sugiru, one of the best harem series I've ever read). Sigh, yes harem antics can be funny, but after reading so many volumes, I didn't expect Fushimi to use it as a plot device so blatantly here. I think what Fushimi was really saying in that interview was that Kyousuke is going to set some serious flags with different girls, based on what we have for Ayase this volume (yes, flags have been set previously, but it is maxed out in this volume). So I can expect other girls to get something in the next 2 volumes.

But, despite my complaints and some facepalming, I must say this is a pretty satisfying read. Because I have verified with my own eyes, and my own interpretation, that Kyousuke and Kirino are just siblings with a strong bro-con sis-con factor. That's all to it ladies and gentlemen. If I start again, this will probably be the fourth time on listing my points on why a romantic end between Kyousuke and Kirino is pretty much impossible (something backed by 80% of the more sensible people who actually read the novels, not the summaries or spoilers), so just go back to the posts ages past and read them if you care. Another satisfying part was how the so-called Ayase route was done to the point that I may even be able to accept her (though I'm still with Kuroneko). Though somewhat cliche, it was done nicely and it wasn't something random or unbelievable. Well, "so that's why there's a handcuff illustration on the back cover", I muttered to myself after finishing the volume. More on that later.

So far, the behavior between Kyousuke and Kirino are consistent to me. There may be teasers here and there, but like what Vexed mentioned before, those are just devices to create hilarious situations. People sure like to post scans of those 'critical' pages that tease so much. And like what Sumeragi explained, if only they posted the several pages that come before and after those 'critical' pages. But it's funny that even among the Japanese readers, the fanatics like to look for the extreme. Well, it can't be helped since this is a world of otakudom.

I'm just going to post a brief summary and outline from memory, since I don't have the book to refer to now. I'm not going to cover all the interactions (can't remember all of them anyway).

Spoiler for volume 10 in brief:

Last edited by larethian; 2012-04-16 at 03:07. Reason: very minor corrections after verifying some parts with the book again.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings