AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-22, 05:26   Link #1
larethian

The Seraph of The End (Owari no Serafu) [MANGA]

New serialization in Jump SQ:
http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/rensai/...aph/index.html

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The story is by Kagami Takaya, author of Denyuuden and Itsuten, and the art is by Yamamoto Yamato, illustrator of Kure-nai (both manga and LN).

Unfortunately I do not have the time to write a synopsis right now, but I'm sure you guys can go read it yourself. (Or someone can help me out and I'll insert it later)

I wanted to start scantalating this and get someone to take over it later as usual but unfortunately, Fallen Syndicate has beaten me to it while I'm busy vacationing.

Anyway, the first chapter looks interesting, and as someone who's a fan and familiar with Kagami's works, I know this can potentially become something mind-blowing in future.

IIRC from Dai Denyuuden v12's afterword, novelization for Owari no Seraph will be out next year by Kagami himself. Wheee...

EDIT:
Accompanying LN thread (which covers events from 8 years ago): http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...86#post4526986

Note that the light novel is covering the story 8 years before the manga, and Ichinose Glen (一瀬グレン), the commander who appeared in chapter 2 of the manga at the age of 24, is the 15-year old protagonist in the light novel, which means the light novel is the prequel, and the manga is the sequel (with Hyakuya Yuuichiro as the protagonist) and both are written at the same time.

Synopsis (from manga-updates):
Quote:
One day a virus appeared on Earth, this mysterious virus kills every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time Vampires emerged from the bowels of the world and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, he and the rest of the children from his orphanage are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing all of them.
Images
volume covers

Last edited by larethian; 2013-09-09 at 11:29.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 06:04   Link #2
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Oh, a new series by the Kurenai mangaka. Nice.

Will have to keep my eyes peeled for it.
Old 2012-11-22, 07:27   Link #3
Raxnom
気疲れ

Pretty neat. I like it and keep my eyes on it.
Old 2012-11-22, 07:27   Link #4
Insane
Banned

Serialized monthly, eh? What a let down
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 09:01   Link #5
larethian

Doh, why did I put a 'the' in front? *facepalm*

@Insane
I don't know the mangaka's schedule, but the author is writing 2 light novel series and 2 side series and producing an average of 6 volumes a year for the last 10 years. If this is a weekly series, I won't be able to read those novels that are still ongoing! But, I take it that your complaint means that you like it
Old 2012-11-22, 09:39   Link #6
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Doh, why did I put a 'the' in front? *facepalm*

@Insane
I don't know the mangaka's schedule, but the author is writing 2 light novel series and 2 side series and producing an average of 6 volumes a year for the last 10 years. If this is a weekly series, I won't be able to read those novels that are still ongoing! But, I take it that your complaint means that you like it
Gosh...what a career he has. I have only dwld the chapter but will read it after reaching home.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 10:13   Link #7
Johnny
Working the bags...

Thanks for the heads up larethian. Looked pretty good and should be a nice monthly vampire addition right along side Rosario...

Heh, thought of Mina when I saw that flashback of the little girl leading the vampires...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 10:24   Link #8
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Kagami huh....wonder if this will end up following Blood Alone's premise....it's Kagami Takaya after all...
Old 2012-11-22, 10:32   Link #9
florza
一日之计在于晨

Well, I'll really like this if the blood and killing continues.

Thanks for the heads-up, larethian.
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 10:37   Link #10
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
Well, I'll really like this if the blood and killing continues.

Thanks for the heads-up, larethian.
Well, going by Denyuuden and Itsuten, it probably will. Fucking everybody up is his specialty after all. As usual, his signature darkness is there, and it will probably be another story of despair and hope and overcoming. Well, a lot of despair before the later two

And of course, not forgetting Yamamoto's art, fabulous though I find the background a little plain at times.

Last edited by larethian; 2012-11-22 at 10:47.
Old 2012-11-22, 16:41   Link #11
Xion Valkyrie

Blonde kid is coming back as a Vampire for sure.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 18:24   Link #12
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Well, going by Denyuuden and Itsuten, it probably will. Fucking everybody up is his specialty after all. As usual, his signature darkness is there, and it will probably be another story of despair and hope and overcoming. Well, a lot of despair before the later two
Yeah, special trait of Kagami-sensei's works. Stories where the characters lost (many) close friends, went completely insane/depressed, suffered long periods of PTSD, and/or actually had to drag themselves up from the depths of near suicide, with tons of emotion-filled dramas involved. Plus his frequent use of blood/gore scenes. Man, i could say that he's already on the same level as that Urobutcher.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 20:17   Link #13
larethian

There's a reason why Kagami write these kind of stories, based on his life experiences. His life story is available on his blog. He also mentioned in several afterwords that he's writing them to give hope to people in great despair. So all his stories will probably have a happy ending and not end in tragedy.
Old 2012-11-23, 00:48   Link #14
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 2:

Spoiler for ch 3:
Old 2012-11-26, 22:49   Link #15
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 2:

Spoiler for ch 3:
No major thing yet. I hope it's not as slow as Itsuten to need 6 volumes to become holy shit.
Spoilers
Spoiler for 2

Spoilers
Spoiler for 3

Looks like with these 3 chapters, we have come to an end of volume 1. volume 1 of manga and LN (by Koudansha and not Fujimi) will be released in jan. The LN seems to be about Ichinose Gran, the leader of that elite group in the military, from the title and might have different content hmmmmm.
Old 2012-11-27, 10:34   Link #16
chancs

Quote:
No major thing yet. I hope it's not as slow as Itsuten to need 6 volumes to become holy shit.
Spoilers
Spoiler for 2

Spoilers
Spoiler for 3

Looks like with these 3 chapters, we have come to an end of volume 1. volume 1 of manga and LN (by Koudansha and not Fujimi) will be released in jan. The LN seems to be about Ichinose Gran, the leader of that elite group in the military, from the title and might have different content hmmmmm.
So this has a LN also. And there are 3 chapters released in raw? Have to look for it
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 11:37   Link #17
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Spoilers
Spoiler for 2

Spoilers
Spoiler for 3

Thanks for the clarification larethian...

Big difference from the very lackadaisy Ryner to this hot head MC. Be nice if he can fall somewhere in between the two traits. Also I doubt he'll get as bad ass as Ryner was, but whose to say...
Old 2012-11-27, 12:10   Link #18
larethian

^ MC is behaving a lot like Gekkou from Itsuten
Old 2012-12-30, 17:00   Link #19
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Solid introduction of standard revenge plot

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 09:54   Link #20
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Spoilers
Spoiler for 2

Spoilers
Spoiler for 3

vol 1 is out in Kino....Why does Gran seem like Gekkou clone lolol