AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-08-18, 08:13   Link #57441
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
That is, if you have the talent and the meticulousness to do that.
- Talent is nothing without practice and hard work. Yes, I know it's fanfiction and not actual paid writing work. But I would like to at least be able to express the stories I write as if I were an actual serious author. Way too many fanfic writers out there justify utterly horrible writing (and not just grammar, some things I've read are painful) as "Just for fun" and they're the ones always bashing my fics as being too wordy, or else not faithful to the source material (I'll only write a fic if I see a potential story that could be written for that series that can't be told by sticking to status quo)

It doesn't matter how outlandish or silly your idea is, if you can write it and get people reading your stuff because they like it then you've done your job. Conversely, even if you have an amazing story idea, it can be hampered if your style of writing is inappropriate or even boring. Not all writers are fantastic; some popular writers aren't too good with actual prose but are able to at least catch your attention with other things that they ARE good at conveying by the written word.

E E Doc Smith's characters (Lensman, Skylark series) were basically prototypical Mary Sue characters but the imaginative descriptions of the alien worlds and space tactics grabbed you. I've already mentioned previously that Tom Clancy's writing was wooden and most of his characters were one-dimensional but the man could really sell you on the military tech. Matthew Reilly's (Ice Station, Temple, Scarecrow series) writing tends to be incredibly overexaggerated but it actually fits as his stories are like blockbuster movies, all larger than life action-packed adventure. And we all know H.P. Lovecraft tends to overflourish his expressions in writing, but that actually helps with the feel of dread you get when reading his Cthulu Mythos stories.

But really, a good writer should be able to do different genres, not just the one he specializes in. Stephen King was known as a solely Horror writer for years, but now he does all different sorts of stories, from science fiction, drama, fantasy, etc.

Quote:
When will Ren continues?
- Maybe. Do you think she's permadead or does she have enough of a following? I'm currently having trouble writing a different type of genre for IS fic (the Firemoth storyline), and I'll want to get most of that done before I take up <Ren>'s story again if ever.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 21:11   Link #57442
lovetospoon73

Lightbulb

My Custom Character- Kaito ・ Yamikage

Name: Kaito Yamikage (闇影・怪盗 Yamikage Kaitō)

Hair style is similar to akatsuki ousawa, but a very dark brown
Personality: he’s a born rebel; believe that the academy is just as worse as phantom task, despite he’s rebellious & violent attitude, he does however have a soft spot for kids & animals, deep down he just misunderstood & a really reliable guy, once u get to know him, he view chifuyu & ichika (mainly ichika) as role models, & instead of getting jelly over the fact that all the girls at I.S.A drool over him, kaito, seem to find ichika’s girl troubles & the girl’s harem tactics to seduce him, quite funny, despite that since coming to the academy, he develop a brother-like relationship with ichika, & give him helpful advice, from piloting IS units to ichika’s usual girl problems (& sometimes save him from the girls when they want to have their way with him), he refer to houki & the girls that drool over him as “ichika’s fan club”, at 1st he thought they were only interested in ichika, because he can pilot an IS unit, but kaito realize they do actually care about ichika, & often telling them that they’re over protective of the young orimura boy, & tell houki & the other girls to give him space, & also kaito suggest they would try in listen to what ichika has to say once in awhile, he usually help either houki, charlotte, or kanzashi, when they try to get closer to ichika
Despite his appearance he’s a master strategist, while on the battle field & a complete beast at the same time, because of his “bionic brain”, which cause him to develop a weapon that not only shatter an IS core, but the entire IS unit, while not harming the pilot, but also to create a serum that can ale to allow him to pilot an IS unit; because of that he manage to beat up houki, tatenashi, & the rest of ichika’s fan club at once, even strong enough to take some of the 2nd & 3rd students at once, also strong enough to slow down yamada sensei, & chifuyu (when she pilot white knight), he does have some sense of honor, like he doesn’t like “kicking a man, when he’s down”, he usually insult his opponents, tried to get them pisted off, while dodging their attacks to tired them out, then strike, (he does have boundary, when it come to insult, like he doesn’t, make fun of their family, or their relationship, or their personally stuff, when he fight houki, or any of the girls, he doesn’t make fun of when it relating to them having a short with ichika), he’s a master at persuasive speech, good at cooking, cleaning, doing laundry & giving amazing foot rubs, & amazingly good skateboarder
abilities and I.S. Named “Snare wolfer” It's a generation 5 I.S unit, "snare wolfer anubus" 2nd shift
Abilities: Able to move as fast as sound, has umbrakinis, umbraportation, & intangibility, since he’s mainly composed of a melalitic like bandages, he can shape his body at will & able to regenerate those bandages too, & has telekinesis & can read people's minds also can fire black colored energy beams, can use bandages to shapeshift, & use them for elasticity, make kaito a way better fighter, than any close combat &/ or long range I.S unit has 2 weapons & 1 one off ability
Weapons
1. Shard buster- it’s a tekko like weapon that is also a gun, that can also be a combat dagger, in its gun mode, when firing laser, it moves in a curve, it can also fire an energy drill, that all does kaito have to do is perform a flying kick, he goes through the IS unit, allow with the pilot, causing the whole IS unit to be destroy, he also built a 2nd one, & gave it to ichika, because he’s the only person at the academy that he can trust
2. Ranber- a boomerang saber
Built in weapons: energy claw in his 2nd shift & energy shields, ingintion boosters, & particle cannon
One off ability
Confinder- can nullify any I.S’s abilities, for 60 seconds, when snare wolfer in 2nd shift

HISTORY: BIONIC BRAIN
He was created from test tube by phantom task, to be the “ultimate warrior”, then given bionic brain, kaito been fighting in under illegal IS tournaments, he also use to create power IS units for P.T which he dubbed then "5th generation", he was basically an emotionless soldier who wouldn’t, hesitate to kill his opponents, eventually he got sick of being treated like crap by P.T, so he betray them, & been hiding from them, fighting them in the shadows, which resulting in phantom task to seal power I.S units, & his hatred for them, tabane & I.S.A, plus because of the bionic brain, kaito might be smarter than tabane

Serum Z:

while kaito was still on P.T's side he develop that can make any dude pilot an IS unit, however it's incomplete, & due to the incompletion, guys who take the serum can only pilot an I.S unit for 24 hours, plus since kaito always using it, the serum cause it to dangeroulsly burns a lot of calories & hazardously lower his cholesterol, to a point where kaito has to eat a lot of food for several people as a result, plus since it's imcomplete, anyone else caught using it a bunh of time will get addicted to it, the only reason kaito isn't addictid to it, because he took a very large amount of the serum, that almost killed him, the reaso kaito hasn't completed Serum Z, is that he spend too much time fighting against P.T, & has very limited resources

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2015-08-26 at 15:52.
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 01:35   Link #57443
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
If Team IS can't win against Team RV (Rosario+Vampire), there's no way in heck that they can stand a chance against Team DxD in the Olympic Games. I mean, Issei and his harem done a lot of remarkable things as a team in their battles.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 02:37   Link #57444
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
If Team IS can't win against Team RV (Rosario+Vampire), there's no way in heck that they can stand a chance against Team DxD in the Olympic Games. I mean, Issei and his harem done a lot of remarkable things as a team in their battles.
Told u dude, team IS already lost the games, before it even began
• the girls didn't let ichika fight any of his own battles, alone
• some of them aren't even friends, no wonder the sarashikis & I.S.A couldn't put them on the defensive, because the girls r too busy fighting themselves
Old 2015-08-19, 07:05   Link #57445
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Talent is nothing without practice and hard work. Yes, I know it's fanfiction and not actual paid writing work. But I would like to at least be able to express the stories I write as if I were an actual serious author. Way too many fanfic writers out there justify utterly horrible writing (and not just grammar, some things I've read are painful) as "Just for fun" and they're the ones always bashing my fics as being too wordy, or else not faithful to the source material (I'll only write a fic if I see a potential story that could be written for that series that can't be told by sticking to status quo)

It doesn't matter how outlandish or silly your idea is, if you can write it and get people reading your stuff because they like it then you've done your job. Conversely, even if you have an amazing story idea, it can be hampered if your style of writing is inappropriate or even boring. Not all writers are fantastic; some popular writers aren't too good with actual prose but are able to at least catch your attention with other things that they ARE good at conveying by the written word.

E E Doc Smith's characters (Lensman, Skylark series) were basically prototypical Mary Sue characters but the imaginative descriptions of the alien worlds and space tactics grabbed you. I've already mentioned previously that Tom Clancy's writing was wooden and most of his characters were one-dimensional but the man could really sell you on the military tech. Matthew Reilly's (Ice Station, Temple, Scarecrow series) writing tends to be incredibly overexaggerated but it actually fits as his stories are like blockbuster movies, all larger than life action-packed adventure. And we all know H.P. Lovecraft tends to overflourish his expressions in writing, but that actually helps with the feel of dread you get when reading his Cthulu Mythos stories.

But really, a good writer should be able to do different genres, not just the one he specializes in. Stephen King was known as a solely Horror writer for years, but now he does all different sorts of stories, from science fiction, drama, fantasy, etc.
I agree. But sometime the lacks of talent in basic stuffs such as prose are really frustrating.

The reasons why I haven't written anything for IS lately:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4x...ew?usp=sharing

Basically, I'm experimenting with three different procedure:
- Blazblue fanfic: Finish the outlines first (And I have to wait for Centralfiction next year)
- Muv-Luv fanfic: Write directly
- My original work: Write on paper first before transfer to computer.

Except the first (which isn't a story per se), no method seemed to satisfy me in quality. Not to mention who would want a book about an apprentice gunsmith and his visions of the past everytime he touches a gun?

Oh, and Wave, do you think the IJA could be too desperate after Operation Lucifer and 12/5 that they accept a private corporation to sponsor the set up of a base and the forces station there (even when the head of that company is a member of the Royal Guard, which made it an attempt to factionise the army?)
Still try to find a way to insert the F-15J Kai.)
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 07:30   Link #57446
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Not to mention who would want a book about an apprentice gunsmith and his visions of the past everytime he touches a gun?
- If you could write it well, it can be done. The basic concept isn't new--some fantasy novels have that when a person touches a weapon or location. The key elements will be how you deliver the story (how you write it) and what new thing or concept can you introduce tot he idea? Making it a modern character with modern weapons (as opposed to fantasy swords) is one thing that is interesting. How you pull it off is the important part.

Quote:
Oh, and Wave, do you think the IJA could be too desperate after Operation Lucifer and 12/5 that they accept a private corporation to sponsor the set up of a base and the forces station there (even when the head of that company is a member of the Royal Guard, which made it an attempt to factionise the army?)
Still try to find a way to insert the F-15J Kai.)
- This is more MuvLuv than IS but the IJArmy may consider it. But the IRG? No way in hell.

Granted, there are a lot of ML fanfic writers who write more ridiculous (and overly OOC) stories so I guess you could get away with the IRG hiring a PMC? Just make it sound reasonable (which is hard). My own MuvLuv fic is on backburner, more because there are too many people who are not on anisuki who are bashing me for writing it. It was probably also a factor in why the mods shunted the ML threads to the retired list.

We will not discuss that here.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-08-19 at 07:33. Reason: changed wording
Old 2015-08-19, 07:53   Link #57447
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
- If you could write it well, it can be done. The basic concept isn't new--some fantasy novels have that when a person touches a weapon or location. The key elements will be how you deliver the story (how you write it) and what new thing or concept can you introduce tot he idea? Making it a modern character with modern weapons (as opposed to fantasy swords) is one thing that is interesting. How you pull it off is the important part.

- This is more MuvLuv than IS but the IJArmy may consider it. But the IRG? No way in hell.

Granted, there are a lot of ML fanfic writers who write more ridiculous (and overly OOC) stories so I guess you could get away with the IRG hiring a PMC? Just make it sound reasonable (which is hard). My own MuvLuv fic is on backburner, more because there are too many people who are not on anisuki who are bashing me for writing it. It was probably also a factor in why the mods shunted the ML threads to the retired list.

We will not discuss that here.
Think of my story as in the same vein as Kino no Tabi, but with less ornamentation.

And the Muv-Luv stuff, I plan Makabe is the one sponsored Tatsunami's original unit. How to pull it, that is the question.
Old 2015-08-19, 08:46   Link #57448
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
And the Muv-Luv stuff, I plan Makabe is the one sponsored Tatsunami's original unit. How to pull it, that is the question.
- Makabe? Okay, that simplifies things. Think like Lelouch. No, seriously, think of how Lelouch would try to brilliantly execute one of his plans in why it would happen.

...Oh god. I'm VERY SURE someone's already done a Code Geass X IS crossover...because the mental image of Lelouch trying to outwit Tabane AND Chifuyu AND all the Governments of the World AND Phantom Task is just...silly but so many levels of psychotic crazy awesome. Oh, and him winning Ichika's harem over as a result...
Old 2015-08-19, 09:02   Link #57449
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Take Lelouch and combine him with Ribbons and a few others, should be a worthy character to add to my list of potential last bosses.
Old 2015-08-19, 09:20   Link #57450
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Take Lelouch and combine him with Ribbons and a few others, should be a worthy character to add to my list of potential last bosses.
- Don't tempt me, Meister. Don't tempt me...

...oh great now I'm thinking of adding just such a character in my already delayed and messed up fic. OH JOY why do I do this to myself?!?

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-08-19 at 09:58.
Old 2015-08-19, 19:10   Link #57451
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Wave constant reminder that IS pilots aren't Rangers makes me think: What if a teacher opens cram school on military teaching? It'd be a great help for those pilots who seek a position in their countries' hierarchies.

That would also highlight the different between big and small nations: America, Russia,... have their own inland academy for their military pilots, while South East Asian, India,... must rely fully on the training provided by ISA.
Old 2015-08-19, 21:28   Link #57452
Chaos-Zero

I know this is a bit bore but. Which one of those harem teams do you guys will be in 1st place the Olympic Winter Games? It certainly won't be Team IS. But it could be Team RV (Rosario+Vampire)? Team Sekirei? Team DxD? Or is there another team from another harem anime/manga series do you have in mind?

As much as I want to mention the Summer OG,or London Games, I have to leave them out. The summer OG and London Games have Aquatic events like Synchronized Swimming, and Freestyle. Don't forget that water isn't exactly a vampire's cup of tea. Moka and Gasper cannot stand something like that.
Old 2015-08-19, 21:47   Link #57453
The 48th Ronin

Team Negima vs Team Tenchi Muyo for top spot on medal rankings.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 21:51   Link #57454
Glacium Frost
Rider Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
I know this is a bit bore but. Which one of those harem teams do you guys will be in 1st place the Olympic Winter Games? It certainly won't be Team IS. But it could be Team RV (Rosario+Vampire)? Team Sekirei? Team DxD? Or is there another team from another harem anime/manga series do you have in mind?

As much as I want to mention the Summer OG,or London Games, I have to leave them out. The summer OG and London Games have Aquatic events like Synchronized Swimming, and Freestyle. Don't forget that water isn't exactly a vampire's cup of tea. Moka and Gasper cannot stand something like that.
Gasper doesn't have problems with water if I recall, so it's just Moka.

DxD holds advantage by virtue of the Evil Pieces, Issei's promotion is enough to give trouble to the others. RV has issues getting serious if not dealing with life and death from what I know (very little) while DxD can get their shit together almost all the time. Depending on if powers and ability are allowed, DxD either wins by so much it's not funny at all or curb stomps so easily unless Inner Moka enters the stage and treats it seriously, along with Tsukune (Is that his name?) going full however you spell it.

As for Sekirei, I'm not too sure about them. But Issei and Kiba are at least supersonic, and their endurance isn't to be scoff at.
Glacium Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 22:21   Link #57455
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Told u dude, team IS already lost the games, before it even began
• the girls didn't let ichika fight any of his own battles, alone
• some of them aren't even friends, no wonder the sarashikis & I.S.A couldn't put them on the defensive, because the girls r too busy fighting themselves
In case if you want to know why I said "it certainly won't be Team IS" to be in first place because of their lack of teamwork as well as their poor cooperation. Even though Ichika has been trained for at least six months as he wanted to participate his newfound dream event. He worked so hard to be prepared for the Olympic Winter event, yet his harem spoiled it as they ruined it due to their pity arguments. Thus making him feeling miserable as all of his training Ichika has been though in six months has gone to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Team Negima vs Team Tenchi Muyo for top spot on medal rankings.
I'm sure that Team Negima have what it takes to win the Olympic Winter Games. Team Tenchi also have a chance. But there is a slight problem with Tenchi's team. Ryoko and Akeya would be fighting themselves a lot during the event. Doing something like that could cause Tenchi to be embarrassed. I was thinking that Negi Springfield would be a spokeman who providing play by play during the events with the co spokewoman, Rebecca Miyamoto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacium Frost View Post
Gasper doesn't have problems with water if I recall, so it's just Moka.

DxD holds advantage by virtue of the Evil Pieces, Issei's promotion is enough to give trouble to the others. RV has issues getting serious if not dealing with life and death from what I know (very little) while DxD can get their shit together almost all the time. Depending on if powers and ability are allowed, DxD either wins by so much it's not funny at all or curb stomps so easily unless Inner Moka enters the stage and treats it seriously, along with Tsukune (Is that his name?) going full however you spell it.

As for Sekirei, I'm not too sure about them. But Issei and Kiba are at least supersonic, and their endurance isn't to be scoff at.
In case if you don't know what the sekireis are, they happened to be unique creatures that has superpowers. Their genetic codes are similar to humans, but their lifeforce were much stronger than humans. In other words, Sekirei happened to be the superpowered beings.

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2015-08-19 at 22:50.
Old 2015-08-19, 22:25   Link #57456
lovetospoon73

team ranma 1/2 vs team blade dance of the elementalers, who would win?
Old 2015-08-19, 22:41   Link #57457
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
team ranma 1/2 vs team blade dance of the elementalers, who would win?
I'm not so sure about that. Ranma 1/2 has no harem genre.

All right. Here's my opinion of the teams' overall placement. Team (IS) Infinite Stratos will be in 4th place. Team RV (Rosario+Vampire) would be in third place. Then at first, Team Sekirei and Team DxD will be tied up for first place. During the final Olympic Winter event, it was definitely a close call. Real close. But in the end, Team Sekirei would emerged victorious as they got in first place. Like I said before, it would be a real close game.

What do you guys think?
Old 2015-08-20, 05:07   Link #57458
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Team tenchi takes this if they're serious, because every single of them is downright demigod that can shake universe just by fighting.
Old 2015-08-20, 06:24   Link #57459
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Wave constant reminder that IS pilots aren't Rangers makes me think: What if a teacher opens cram school on military teaching? It'd be a great help for those pilots who seek a position in their countries' hierarchies.

That would also highlight the different between big and small nations: America, Russia,... have their own inland academy for their military pilots, while South East Asian, India,... must rely fully on the training provided by ISA.
This idea could be used to replace the 'Region-divided' I said a page back. Imagine a rift between the big and small global players.

Oh, and if there is an IS academy sponsored by NATO, where should it be placed?
Old 2015-08-20, 06:28   Link #57460
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
- Don't tempt me, Meister. Don't tempt me...

...oh great now I'm thinking of adding just such a character in my already delayed and messed up fic. OH JOY why do I do this to myself?!?
Even if you don't use him, I already have such a character planned for last boss.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest