AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-23, 00:01   Link #541
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurena View Post
I thought the the pilot of the white knight was unknown?
Because it is unknown then the author can add any plot device he want into it .

for example: Time travel anybody .
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 03:02   Link #542
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Because it is unknown then the author can add any plot device he want into it .

for example: Time travel anybody .
oh and i lol'd at one thing...

take Tabane's name...

and then redo it as "Ta Bane"...

then... convert "ta" to TeH" and pronounce Bane as bunneh...

teh bunny...

probably explains her bunny ears
Old 2011-02-23, 13:09   Link #543
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
  • 白式 - Byaku is white, shiki can mean ceremony, expression, style etc. and is probably referencing to a lot of those, so I would translate it as White Form or White Type.
  • 雪片 - Yukihira's written as snowflake in kanji, but why is it yukihira instead of yukikata as the kunyomi should've pronounced I don't know (probably just didn't watch kata/gata appear twice in the name of the move, 雪片弐型/Yukihira ni Gata or Yukihira ni no Kata depending on which version you're reading).
  • 雪羅 - Setsura is snow fabric/silk/gauze; since it can be a big ass claw that can both shoot beam and shield I would translate it as Snow Weave.

Considering the form's battle mechanic and the origin of the core, the naming is pretty elegant and aim toward OHKO/speed combat rather than brute force, contributing much to Ichika's metrosexuality, and
Spoiler for Houki's IS:
to give a more poetic feel I suppose.
thanks for the answer, those three where drving me nuts. Also, if anyone could help with the names, please do.

Also, the pun with Tabane's name is funny, but sems a little stretched
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 20:36   Link #544
Javiersansano

given the events from ep8, is it feasible that the anime will cover up toe the ending of the same fight shown in the first episode, the one against I believe was Silverior Gospel (and in which Houki gets her Akatsubaki, also introduced in ep1, and Ichika reaches the second shift, showing off his setura), without missing too imporant pats from the LN?
Old 2011-02-24, 21:34   Link #545
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
given the events from ep8, is it feasible that the anime will cover up toe the ending of the same fight shown in the first episode, the one against I believe was Silverior Gospel (and in which Houki gets her Akatsubaki, also introduced in ep1, and Ichika reaches the second shift, showing off his setura), without missing too imporant pats from the LN?
I hope so. Silver Gospel is already in episode 1, and I want Houki end at the last part of volume 3 =((((.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 22:40   Link #546
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

So far, the pace is 4 episode each volume, so covering up to vol 3 should be viable.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 23:01   Link #547
Belgaesh

I noted one thing so far, the title of the anime episodes match with the title of the chapter of the Light Novel.

Like This:
Volume 1
Chapter 1 = Episode 1: All my Classmates are Female
Chapter 2 = Episode 2: Class Representative Selection Match!
Chapter 3 = Episode 3: The Transfer Student is the Second Childhood Friend
Chapter 4 = Episode 4: Showdown! The Class League Match

Volume 2
Chapter 1 = Episode 5: Boy meets boy
Chapter 2 = Episode 6: My Roommate is a Young, Blonde Nobleman
Chapter 3 = Episode 7: Blue days ~ Red switch
Chapter 4 = Episode 8: Find out my mind

Volume 3
Chapter 1 = Episode 10(?): Rain maker - The heart of a young girl is the fog of a clear day
Chapter 2 = Episode 9: Ocean's eleven - 11 o'clock sea!
Chapter 3 = Episode 11(?): Thin red line - Standing on the boundary line
Chapter 4 = Episode 12(?): Dressy White
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 09:11   Link #548
Javiersansano

Maybe it's just me, but i think that

Rain maker - The heart of a young girl is the fog of a clear day

might be skipped, unless said chapter is too important.

also, have the epilogues of the novels been included in the episodes?
Old 2011-02-25, 09:20   Link #549
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but i think that

Rain maker - The heart of a young girl is the fog of a clear day

might be skipped, unless said chapter is too important.

also, have the epilogues of the novels been included in the episodes?
im sure that they'll make it into specials.
Old 2011-02-25, 09:28   Link #550
Javiersansano

then what are the events that unfold in:

- Rain Maker - the heart of a young girl id the fog of a clear day
- the epilogues of volume 1 and 2

please, someone tell me
Old 2011-02-25, 10:31   Link #551
endarion88

got 2 quick questions:
1) is it true that vol 7 will be released on 25 march?
2)if is it true will someone able to read it be kind enought to post a summary first possible plese? since vol 6 endend whit a damn cliffhanger

(sorry if my english is bad)
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 10:46   Link #552
Javiersansano

So far, Kuroi Shinigami has been kind enough to write a summary of every chapter of the Novel. I'M NOT SAYING that he will definitely do it again, but if we can expect something, it would be from him

as for the release date, I have no idea about it
Old 2011-02-25, 11:32   Link #553
endarion88

Quote:
So far, Kuroi Shinigami has been kind enough to write a summary of every chapter of the Novel. I'M NOT SAYING that he will definitely do it again, but if we can expect something, it would be from him

as for the release date, I have no idea about it
found that date on wikipedia, about the summary are them all on this tread?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 12:06   Link #554
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, the novel has been scheduled to come out 25 March on MF Bunko official site, but vol 6 was delayed before even though it's been scheduled so there's still the possibility of delay. About the vol 7 summary. I'm thinking of making a simple summary this time and write the translation after I finish vol 6 instead, but I don't know, I'll see whether I'll make a simple or detail summary after I get my hand on the book and finish reading it(usually around 3-4 weeks after it comes out to get the book, and another week or two to finish reading it).

About the event in vol 3 chapter 1, it's basically a prologue chapter or some kind. It's the usual harem antic, one part tells about how Laura keeps sneaking into Ichika's bed naked and Houki's mad when she finds it, then about Houki's worry about her keep growing chest, then another part tells about the time Ichika and Charlotte is shopping for new swimsuit together, followed by Ichika's talk with Chifuyu about which girl he wants to make his girlfriend, and about Laura getting really smitten by being called cute by Ichika. It won't affect the plot much although there's a lot of fanservice shot so I guess they'll combine that chapter with the second one which is also about playing at the beach.

I'm actually glad they're gonna combine the two "build-up" chapter into one episode this time so they can invest more time for the epilogue and battle time. I don't want the horror of watching episode 8 last few minutes incoherence to happen again ><.
Old 2011-02-25, 12:38   Link #555
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, the novel has been scheduled to come out 25 March on MF Bunko official site, but vol 6 was delayed before even though it's been scheduled so there's still the possibility of delay. About the vol 7 summary. I'm thinking of making a simple summary this time and write the translation after I finish vol 6 instead, but I don't know, I'll see whether I'll make a simple or detail summary after I get my hand on the book and finish reading it(usually around 3-4 weeks after it comes out to get the book, and another week or two to finish reading it).

About the event in vol 3 chapter 1, it's basically a prologue chapter or some kind. It's the usual harem antic, one part tells about how Laura keeps sneaking into Ichika's bed naked and Houki's mad when she finds it, then about Houki's worry about her keep growing chest, then another part tells about the time Ichika and Charlotte is shopping for new swimsuit together, followed by Ichika's talk with Chifuyu about which girl he wants to make his girlfriend, and about Laura getting really smitten by being called cute by Ichika. It won't affect the plot much although there's a lot of fanservice shot so I guess they'll combine that chapter with the second one which is also about playing at the beach.

I'm actually glad they're gonna combine the two "build-up" chapter into one episode this time so they can invest more time for the epilogue and battle time. I don't want the horror of watching episode 8 last few minutes incoherence to happen again ><.
How is it incoherent the last scene of episode 8? Do the events unfold differentely in the LN? Also, I think the fansubs are making a mistake, because if I remember right from some summaries, Laura claimed Ichika as her bride, like in:

Laura: "You will be my bride......"

am i wrong?

Call me sick if you want, but all that fan-service should be included in the episode, but if you are saying that it is short enough to be included, it would be great, specially the part about Laura senaking into Ichika's bed, and the obvious pummeling he would receive, probably from Houki

And after checking the introduction battle of the first episode, the 2° shift already tok place, because at the end of that intro, Ichika attacked using Setsura, meaning they spoiled the scene a little.

Anyway, I just hope that if the anime is going to consist of 12 episodes, it would be great if the studio is ready for a second season. But given that the first season is gonna consist of only 3 volumes, ending with a good climax, the hypothetical second season would consist of volumes 4, 5, 6, which would leave everybody with a huge cliffhanger (just like shakugan no shana second season). On the other hand, the could leave volume 4 out (which would be an absolut shame), and make it 5, 6, and 7. But my guts tell me that the story won't be finished in 7 volumes, meaning that in order to cover the whole story, at least three seasons would be needed

To summarize, the damn anime is gonna be to damn short, and the damn author has all of the IS readers eating from his/her palm
Old 2011-02-25, 18:40   Link #556
Javiersansano

what events take place during volume 2 epilogue?
Old 2011-02-26, 00:11   Link #557
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
How is it incoherent the last scene of episode 8? Do the events unfold differentely in the LN? Also, I think the fansubs are making a mistake, because if I remember right from some summaries, Laura claimed Ichika as her bride, like in:

Laura: "You will be my bride......"

am i wrong?

Call me sick if you want, but all that fan-service should be included in the episode, but if you are saying that it is short enough to be included, it would be great, specially the part about Laura senaking into Ichika's bed, and the obvious pummeling he would receive, probably from Houki

And after checking the introduction battle of the first episode, the 2° shift already tok place, because at the end of that intro, Ichika attacked using Setsura, meaning they spoiled the scene a little.

Anyway, I just hope that if the anime is going to consist of 12 episodes, it would be great if the studio is ready for a second season. But given that the first season is gonna consist of only 3 volumes, ending with a good climax, the hypothetical second season would consist of volumes 4, 5, 6, which would leave everybody with a huge cliffhanger (just like shakugan no shana second season). On the other hand, the could leave volume 4 out (which would be an absolut shame), and make it 5, 6, and 7. But my guts tell me that the story won't be finished in 7 volumes, meaning that in order to cover the whole story, at least three seasons would be needed

To summarize, the damn anime is gonna be to damn short, and the damn author has all of the IS readers eating from his/her palm

Hmmm... For me, the scene after battle goes like this. *A little scene involving Laura's background* *cut* *Laura wakes up and talks very little with Chifuyu(they cut a lot of the dialogue here) **cut*

*Ichika suddenly goes eating with Chal and talks with Houki and Yamada sensei tells them the bath can be used now(even though there's no indication in earlier episode that Ichika likes to bath in big bath and he doesn't get time to use it because he's the only male)**cut*

(this is where it starts to get awkward)*Suddenly they go to bath together(in the novel, there should be a scene that indicate that Ichika go to the bath first because Chal tells him to go there first and she will enter after Ichika is finished, but Chal suddenly enter in the middle of his bath)**skip(they didn't even animate the getting out from the bath scene or the early morning scene where Chal tells Ichika to go first. After all, Ichika should notice that Chal is using her female uniform if Chal didn't tell him to go first)*

*final awkward scene of Laura kissing Ichika(this feels awkward because the newtype things between Laura and Ichika is cut a lot, and they leave out the explanation what that newtype things actually was*

It really feels awkward for me because they leave a lot of the important explanation that makes the after battle epilogue flows better(even the supposed explanation that Ichika's attack is too easy to read and that Reiraku Byakuya is supposed to be able to bypass the AIC of Laura, not to mention the part where Ichika make Laura falls for him) and instead enters too many fanservice scene(especially on last episode, they could cut the part where Chal trips on her pants and make Ichika pass out instead). That's why I support the director's decision to combine the two fan-service filled prologue into one episode this time.

There's also the "you're going to be my bride" scene in the anime. I'm not sure about fansub, but I'm pretty sure I heard "omae wa watashi no yome ni suru" in the raw(or something like that with the same meaning).
Old 2011-02-26, 00:33   Link #558
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmmm... For me, the scene after battle goes like this. *A little scene involving Laura's background* *cut* *Laura wakes up and talks very little with Chifuyu(they cut a lot of the dialogue here) **cut*

*Ichika suddenly goes eating with Chal and talks with Houki and Yamada sensei tells them the bath can be used now(even though there's no indication in earlier episode that Ichika likes to bath in big bath and he doesn't get time to use it because he's the only male)**cut*

(this is where it starts to get awkward)*Suddenly they go to bath together(in the novel, there should be a scene that indicate that Ichika go to the bath first because Chal tells him to go there first and she will enter after Ichika is finished, but Chal suddenly enter in the middle of his bath)**skip(they didn't even animate the getting out from the bath scene or the early morning scene where Chal tells Ichika to go first. After all, Ichika should notice that Chal is using her female uniform if Chal didn't tell him to go first)*

*final awkward scene of Laura kissing Ichika(this feels awkward because the newtype things between Laura and Ichika is cut a lot, and they leave out the explanation what that newtype things actually was*

It really feels awkward for me because they leave a lot of the important explanation that makes the after battle epilogue flows better(even the supposed explanation that Ichika's attack is too easy to read and that Reiraku Byakuya is supposed to be able to bypass the AIC of Laura, not to mention the part where Ichika make Laura falls for him) and instead enters too many fanservice scene(especially on last episode, they could cut the part where Chal trips on her pants and make Ichika pass out instead). That's why I support the director's decision to combine the two fan-service filled prologue into one episode this time.

There's also the "you're going to be my bride" scene in the anime. I'm not sure about fansub, but I'm pretty sure I heard "omae wa watashi no yome ni suru" in the raw(or something like that with the same meaning).
Something tells me that 8-bit was doing a little same thing as J.C. Staff did to To Aru Majutsu no Index II's LN plot.

Sorry, guys. I'm new here. So don't mine me to say this. But, care to explain?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 03:25   Link #559
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

The subs are right. She really does say that because someone gave her wrong ideas about Japan.
Old 2011-02-26, 04:57   Link #560
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Just checked the MF Bunko official site. They delay IS vol 7 to april 8th, and considering MF Bunko usually publish their novel on the end of a month instead of start of a month, I really think they're going to push back the release date again. Well, I guess we'll have to wait longer to see what happened to Ichika after the cliffhanger at vol 6.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen