AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-17, 20:34   Link #381
larethian

actually, there is no right or wrong to opinions. everyone is entitled to theirs. >_<.

for me, everything about the adaptation is good (animation, designs, action, music), but the story telling could have been better weaved if not for the fact they want to end this at volume 4. I'm constantly thinking in the perspective of anime-only watchers, and gone through some comments on other sites and boards, that's why I said what I said; many of the stayers are in fact those who have read the novel or have watched Denyuuden, and are staying despite the mass confusion. I rather they do Hinata and Mirai's backstory in sequential order for build-up purposes.

One of Kagami's strengths is in characterizations. Unfortunately that is totally lost in the anime. The behavior of the characters are quite incomprehensible. Sure, the back-stories could be done later, but the build-up effect in the action scenes would have been lost IMHO. I actually thought denyuuden adaptation to be better, except for the last 6, 7 episodes (and of course the first), even though Itsuten's animation seems better. If one is looking for purely shounen action, I guess the episode is really good. but I'm more of a character and plot person. cutting out stuff or re-engineering scenes has never been a problem for me (notice how I always defend JC staff - well not always, but often), but characterization and plot butchering is. that's why I'm pretty committed to working on both series, though I know not how long I will take >_<.

In fact, I rather they just do 3 volumes, and bring in some of the short stories from the seitokaishitsu series, add some fan-service to the short stories so that the otakus will buy the BDs so that we can get a 2nd season. Then they can end at volume 3 with a cliffhanger. Yeah well, maybe with how Denyuuden performed in sales, they can't get a 2nd season confirmed for Itsuten, so they went for 4 volumes instead, but still it sucks especially the pages of the 4 volumes are as follows: ~350, ~300, ~300, ~470

(*and I'm very surprised that our reclusive Big Boss has posted *)
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 20:49   Link #382
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well with this episode you could feel the rush. Still in terms of pure action it wasn't that bad. Doesn't keep you waiting for too long since you go quickly from Gekkou to Mirai showing up to Hinata showing up. Would have been nice to have gotten the extra info that you could read in this thread from the episode that's for sure.

Will have to see how they do from here on out. Some answers about things like Taito surviving the 7th death would be good though. Might be enraged if I had read the source material first, but since I didn't there is less reason to get heated about this series. Will probably check out the first volume though to fill in some of the gaps. Anyways not feeling that bad about the first couple episodes.
Old 2011-07-17, 21:04   Link #383
Plant42

From looking at the ep3-5 preview, It looks like the Gekkou's flashback part will be included in the next ep.

Spoiler for Ep3-5:
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 21:10   Link #384
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Taito really need a better way to fight he just seems to waste so many lifes
Old 2011-07-17, 21:25   Link #385
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
From looking at the ep3-5 preview, It looks like the Gekkou's flashback part will be included in the next ep.
So... they're going to do the flashback after the battle already took place? What's up with that?
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 21:35   Link #386
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Taito really need a better way to fight he just seems to waste so many lifes
Yeah, I know it was on short notice but he really does need another fighting method. Right now all he's got is a super attack that will take up a life to use. Only gives him a few shots since the enemy is going to be taking a few lives off him too.
Old 2011-07-17, 22:21   Link #387
tsunade666

he depends to much on his immortal life <.< that's what I see. His not dodging at all in the anime and just take it on and just ended up with a loose limb or just upper body left. His flaming spell too took his life away. It won't be wasted if his been killed while it's been use but still such a reckless way of fighting.

I haven't read vol 1 yet so far. But I read the manga so I know a bit of what happen. I will read the translation of lare after the anime ended and so my anger won't explode while watching it.
Old 2011-07-17, 22:41   Link #388
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

I can't blame Taito for wanting to take advantage of his immortality during a fight. I'd do the same thing, though he's being much too reckless in throwing his life away. Hinata having killed him over and over again with so little effort should've shown him that.

Well... Taito isn't an idiot, after all. I just can't wait to see how much stronger he becomes...
Old 2011-07-17, 22:49   Link #389
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
he depends to much on his immortal life <.< that's what I see. His not dodging at all in the anime and just take it on and just ended up with a loose limb or just upper body left. His flaming spell too took his life away. It won't be wasted if his been killed while it's been use but still such a reckless way of fighting.
It's because he's (situationally) immortal that's why they can show him throwing away is life dramatically It's the same as why robots explode at the slightest impact while humans take forever to kill...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 23:24   Link #390
tsunade666

Then a question.... how did Taito is still alive? the last chapter I read in the manga is chapter 08. While I want to read the novel I don't have much time with a current school problems. Because his supposedly dead right? all lives taken?

And he will grow stronger? new curses from Himea? I wish if there will be new curses it won't need a life sacrifice >.> because even if the spell resets after 15 minutes. A rule breaking battle between hax people only last a minute or a seconds if they move at breaking sound barrier.
Old 2011-07-17, 23:27   Link #391
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Then a question.... how did Taito is still alive? the last chapter I read in the manga is chapter 08. While I want to read the novel I don't have much time with a current school problems. Because his supposedly dead right? all lives taken?

And he will grow stronger? new curses from Himea? I wish if there will be new curses it won't need a life sacrifice >.> because even if the spell resets after 15 minutes. A rule breaking battle between hax people only last a minute or a seconds if they move at breaking sound barrier.
Read chapter 9?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 23:32   Link #392
larethian

Quote:

the exact reason of why Taito is alive should be explained in episode 7 or 8, towards the end of volume 3, since the cause is an important plot device. for the rest, you need to ask in LN thread.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 00:40   Link #393
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
I can't blame Taito for wanting to take advantage of his immortality during a fight. I'd do the same thing, though he's being much too reckless in throwing his life away. Hinata having killed him over and over again with so little effort should've shown him that.

Well... Taito isn't an idiot, after all. I just can't wait to see how much stronger he becomes...
He's actually not that reckless, just somebody weak fighting against people with much higher power levels. In the novel he actually pays a lot of attention to the time and his life count.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 01:34   Link #394
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I haven't seen a show this ridiculously bad since Shining Tears x Wind. The creators are not even trying, although given the source material I guess that's understandable. And the sad part is, I am still gonna watch it on account of it having vampires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Based on the principle of "garbage in - garbage out".
I think this is the most idiotic thing I've read all day. Good grief...
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 02:25   Link #395
Zodiamaster

I seriously laughed when I read in 22:34 of the episode 2 "This is beginning of a pain-in-the-ass story...".

Indeed, it's been a pain-in-the-ass to watch so far(at least for me) and I'm not particularly picky when it comes to anime.

The second episode was boring, the plot seems rather crappy to be honest, on top of that, rushed, and no relevant/interesting background information is given at all. Nor it seems to be be the kind of series with a plot shrouded in mystery and with constantly twisting plots.

It looks more like it just lacks that background.

The guy dying all the time was sort of stupid, I thought I was watching a compilation of Kenny's deaths in South Park, unfun & boring version.

Ok I know, the guy in "Kore wa zombie desu ka?" also dies all the time, but at least his deaths tend to be slightly more comical, or didn't seem as pointless, making his deaths not even interesting.

Everything I recall watching in the vampire genre is better than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
I try to watch through ep 1 and 2, and while I like the story so far, the dialogues just so cheesy that put Touma's preachings to shame. Also, I dont know why but I cant stand the voices of characters either.
Although I felt something similar while watching the last episode, I have to disagree.

Touma still tops that category.

Last edited by Zodiamaster; 2011-07-18 at 22:13.
Zodiamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 08:01   Link #396
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
He's actually not that reckless, just somebody weak fighting against people with much higher power levels. In the novel he actually pays a lot of attention to the time and his life count.
Novel-wise? Yeah, he's definitely a lot more attentive to the time and how many lives he's got left. I'd say the manga is also more detail specific in that respect too.

Can't say I'm surprised at the anime not giving it too much attention, but it kinda makes Taito's immortality seem a little... unimportant, perhaps the right word would be, when you don't even key in on how many lives he has remaining and just see him getting killed over and over again.

Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 2011-07-18 at 08:12.
Old 2011-07-18, 09:12   Link #397
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Read chapter 9?

I read the next chapter 8.5 then up to 10 and the thing I get is more confusion.... it follows the novel right ? because I didn't get an explanation on how he survived then the next thing I know is a lot more confusing scenes....
Old 2011-07-18, 09:20   Link #398
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
I read the next chapter 8.5 then up to 10 and the thing I get is more confusion.... it follows the novel right ? because I didn't get an explanation on how he survived then the next thing I know is a lot more confusing scenes....
If what larethian says is correct, we won't be getting a detailed explanation of how Taito survived until somewhere in Volume 3 IIRC. Manga-wise, Chapter 10 started off Volume 2, so we're getting there.

Still, we have at least some inclination of how Taito came back to life after the battle with Hinata, whereas the anime didn't show us anything.
Old 2011-07-18, 09:34   Link #399
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I understand people's criticisms -- weird pacing and big gaps -- but the animation, character design, personalities, music and voices are really doing it for me. I've enjoyed the first two episodes. The artificiality of Takamoto Megumi's voice as Himea is what struck me first, but now it has bewitched me. She's on her way to stardom.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 10:17   Link #400
Hayami
lonely soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
and well, if you're a loli fan, there's Mirai.
The moment when Himea decided to change her appearance was so damn depressing
Mirai doesn't really make up for losing Himea, especially due to her pairing with the annoying Gekkou; I'm not even sure Mirai is a loli >.>

Tags
fantasy, shounen