AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 18:36   Link #8001
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

From the audio clips on MMO Champion it seems like the war just got very real.

Hellscream is becoming more power mad I think. Wrynn is becoming kingly. A long ways since Wrath where Hellscream was the arrogant orc and Wrynn was the Hotheaded Horde Hater.

Jaina is pissed. (pissed at the bombing of Theramore. Pissed at the turning of the Sunreavers. Pissed at Hellscream (again) for Anduin's sake.) Good going Hellscream. He managed to piss off the main pacifist element of the Alliance. Now Dalaran looks set to rejoin the Alliance like it was in the Second War.

The Trolls and Blood Elves are extremely against Hellscream after certain events. This will not end well for Hellscream's Horde.

The Alliance is becoming more unified under Wrynn's calmer hands.

Still no sightings of the current Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Goblins. Still want Boss Mida in charge.

No word on what Sylvannas is doing. Nor what the Tauren are up to.

Best guess is that eventually Hellscream will piss off the Goblins and Tauren as he has the Trolls and Blood Elves (the Forsaken don't care either way, they will still exist). At that point the Champions of the Horde (you PCs) will have to take Hellscream out. No idea if Thrall would be put back in charge, but Hellscream's going to be correpted by the Sha it seems.
Old 2012-11-01, 19:00   Link #8002
GDB

I figured the Tauren were already pissed at Garrosh since his arrogance led to Cairne's death, after which he obviously didn't get any wiser or calmer.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 21:18   Link #8003
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I figured the Tauren were already pissed at Garrosh since his arrogance led to Cairne's death, after which he obviously didn't get any wiser or calmer.
Well the reason Cairne died was because that Grimtotem old hag put a poison on Garrosh's weapons so they didn't put too much of the blame on Garrosh for it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 21:24   Link #8004
GDB

It was still his arrogance that led to the situation as a whole. And it's not like he learned from it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 02:12   Link #8005
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Hellscreams don't tend to learn much from anything at anytime. Remember what the one before Garrosh did...
Old 2012-11-02, 17:29   Link #8006
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still campaigning: "Boss Mida for Trade Prince", following the insurrection. If anyone can rebuild Orgrimmar, its Boss Mida.
Old 2012-11-03, 00:29   Link #8007
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

There's no point playing PvP solo past 2 AM. The botting issue is just too severe. Sure, you can win games. But what does it feel like to play against bots?

To be frank, it feels like shit. Current PvP is an aberration of what existed in... Wrath? And I don't see any steps by Blizzard to adress or fix the issue.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 00:37   Link #8008
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

There is no real benefit for Blizzard in PvP except for Arena. PvE is the real incentive.
Old 2012-11-03, 01:05   Link #8009
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

True. I guess I'm still naive in the sense that I think our developers are trying to create the best gaming experience possible for us. For me, bots are obviously not a part of that experience.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 01:11   Link #8010
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Blizzard from my point of view has moved to PvE long since Wrath. Burning Crusade may have had some good PvP matches/etc, but it sort of went away with Wrath. Since there were no map objectives to take for map bonuses like BC/etc. So, people just went along and decided to go PvE and that's where I took the interest. I never really found Blizzard to be good in making PvP great except for ladder matches in SC2 and WC3.

But then I'm just rambling on
Old 2012-11-03, 01:16   Link #8011
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The pragmatic reasons IMO - Blizzard missed the boat with the e-games component IMO. Arena could have become that but it never eventuated. I daresay Titan would go for that market but good luck versing Riot and Valve for it.
Old 2012-11-03, 16:04   Link #8012
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mind you that Mists 5.1 is suppose to have World PVP options that remind me of AV (in terms of objectives) and perhaps something like Rift's zone wide faction quests or whatever they were were you could build up defense or buy guards or something like that.

On the southern Pandaran coast there will be a war between the Alliance and Horde and it is up to the Players to move it around. Taking towers, graveyards, killing certain NPC and PCs to get upgrades to structures, guards, rep bonus for your faction...things like that.
Old 2012-11-05, 03:48   Link #8013
Destined_Fate

Spoiler:
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 16:33   Link #8014
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Currently reading Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War and getting some thoughts about what's currently happening. Definitely a buy for those curious on how everything revolved towards what we see in-game.

Destined_Fate - Actually, the Horde is looking bad right now. Most of the community from what I've heard openly hates Garrosh, and want him out. I suppose the lore is turning towards the Horde because they are really unstable at the moment. While the Alliance stands firm and agreeable with each other.

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-11-05 at 18:41.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 19:34   Link #8015
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is known that Hellscream will likely be the final encounter in Mists of Pandaria with the Siege of Orgrimmar. But could Jaina be a second end game boss? A Dalaran raid? Somehow I don't think so, but there is always a possibility of that happening.

Though I hope Gallywix is a boss, either in the Siege of Orgimmar, or as a Scenario/Dungeon at his Monument to Himself.
Old 2012-11-06, 02:01   Link #8016
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Currently reading Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War and getting some thoughts about what's currently happening. Definitely a buy for those curious on how everything revolved towards what we see in-game.

Destined_Fate - Actually, the Horde is looking bad right now. Most of the community from what I've heard openly hates Garrosh, and want him out. I suppose the lore is turning towards the Horde because they are really unstable at the moment. While the Alliance stands firm and agreeable with each other.
Spoiler:

No, Garrosh is looking bad. The rest of the Horde is being portrayed as completely innocent and that all the problems are because of Garrosh.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 03:20   Link #8017
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
No, Garrosh is looking bad. The rest of the Horde is being portrayed as completely innocent and that all the problems are because of Garrosh.
Well that's mainly because other than Sylvanas and the orcs that like Garrosh pretty much all the other races agreed with Thrall's policy of peace. None of them wanted any sort of conflict with the Alliance but they were duty bound to help the Horde when conflict did arise.

I'm curious who will replace Garrosh though, I'm hoping it's not Thrall again but it probably will be.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 07:49   Link #8018
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Spoiler:

Unless people have short memories, Sylvanas would still be majorly despised for killing people of BOTH FACTIONS during Wrath. She clearly doesn't have any real respect for any other race within the Horde considering she willfully goes against their orders when it conveniences her.

But the question is will any of this matter if Blizzard decide to pull the plug come Titan.
Old 2012-11-06, 16:02   Link #8019
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One usually doesn't pull the plug is you still have several million people playing. You might turn it to free to play, and stop supporting patches and the like. But this is Blizzard. They kept patching Diablo II for over a decade even though they didn't need to at all.

Plus a cash cow is a cash cow. They might pull away from it to push Titan, but they still have at least one more expansion (maybe two) for World of Warcraft. They will milk it until they think their it no profit in it, or they think they can get more from Titan. Until Titan proves itself, WoW is still on top. There has been no WoW killer. Not even Guild Wars 2, as that is an entirely different model of play (gives people something else to do when not doing rep, or raiding in WoW).

Titan might kill WoW, but only if Blizzard wants to kill WoW. They are the only ones that can at this point.
Old 2012-11-06, 21:48   Link #8020
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Being Election season, and the leadership of the Horde in doubt after Hellscream is (later) removed, I propose this.

JAINA PROUDMOORE FOR WARCHIEF OF THE HORDE!

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows