AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-09-23, 12:49   Link #421
ephemeral

hi, um.. i was wondering for some time about the "level" things.
they say in the anime that satoko has level 3 and such... i know it's about some psychological sickness or something and i've seen "levels" used in other manga and anime... is it only a japanese thing? because i can't find anything about it anywhere, i would be really happy if someone showed me an explanation to all the levels and what's it about... thanks ^^
ephemeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 13:07   Link #422
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

that's only a measure to evaluate the stage of the disease. it can be found in any realm, and it isn't exactly fixed on one universe.
heck, IRL, you have such eveluation with "stage 1-2-3-4" for several type of wounds and diseases.

this is just convenient to describe how far a disease is, instead of always describing the current state of the patient.
Old 2007-09-28, 09:34   Link #423
changeup

The usage of Chinese characters or kanji is a pun... Too bad when it is translated into English it is gone... I personally do not really care how the English translation should be.. Miyo or Sanyon, either way is ok and either way you do not have the same effect of the original kanji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner View Post
Shouldn't episode 14 be called
Spoiler:
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 10:26   Link #424
GyroidFanatic

The preview (which is already up on NicoNico) uses the name-form when announcing it
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 12:48   Link #425
MarthX

Are there any differences with the DVD version?
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 22:39   Link #426
LifeILL

Thumbs up

I guess I'll waste my first post on this series.

Man, what a refreshing anime this is. I just recently got into anime because I'm studying Japanese. And I just wasn't "too" intrigued with what everyone else is watching (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece), never really liked that stuff too much, but I have to say this and Death Note are just perfect for me. This is the type of stuff that I want. I'm almost done with Season 1 and even the "weak" episodes are still pretty interesting in my opinion. I think the only really BAD episode was the first one with all the comedy, everything else is top-notch.

But what I don't understand is what's up with all the hate for Higurashi? I've been reading stuff on some blogs and it seems like a lot of people just don't get it. They'd rather comment on how cute or how emo their facial distortions are rather than the story itself...hmm...that just bugs me a little. I think everyone should have a chance to watch this brilliant series.
LifeILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 05:11   Link #427
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Thumbs down How Dumb Can They Get?

You just gotta laugh: Anime Encourages Murder. Whatever. The guy's a little late to the Rena bashing party, but at least he tried.

Columbine. Never again. Boycott The Matrix!
Richard 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 08:13   Link #428
Mystearika

wow that all i can say, i dont know if i shall laugth or cry

that was pretty rasistis

but poor rena soo many bashing her
Old 2007-09-30, 08:36   Link #429
Twarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
You just gotta laugh: Anime Encourages Murder. Whatever. The guy's a little late to the Rena bashing party, but at least he tried.

My only reaction : :-|
Twarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 08:42   Link #430
MarthX

Posts like that should be ignored. They shouldn't even be linked. The less people that know about it the better.
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 08:48   Link #431
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ very true indeed. I felt i wasted my times on the replies, and I don't have the urge to argue much further, considering how narrorminded this kind of people might be.

the fun fact is the complete lack of aknowledgement of the fact the information in this article is completely false, despite the undeniable truths were exposed (i loathed about the mention of Miyazaki, and the "murder simulator")
Zealoutry and blind conviction much huh...

*sigh*
Old 2007-09-30, 10:23   Link #432
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Often these are shown late at night to keep them away from children, but even the cartoons shown to children are violent, sexual in nature and make numerous references to magic and demons with no mention of G-d or Jesus. That’s because most Asians do not believe in G-d, but rather in primitive religions such as Buddhism or Shintoism (paganism).
That one statement alone made my eyes bug
Old 2007-09-30, 11:47   Link #433
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

So portrayal of magic and demons should be banned? The publishers of fairy tales will go bankrupt then.
This fellow doesn't even seem aware of the fact that there are Western cartoons aimed at adults. I mean, being ignorant of anime is one thing but not knowing about the existence South Park and the likes while living in the US?

Higurashi is a murder simulation game? I never knew such a genre existed, let alone that Higurashi belonged to it.
It's not even worth replying to such morons but I had a good laugh while reading this "article".

P.S. I ended up replying with an appeal to stop debating with this ignoramus.

Last edited by Matrim; 2007-09-30 at 12:09.
Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 12:09   Link #434
User65554
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
That one statement alone made my eyes bug
The link to the post on Buddhism gets better.

Sooo, this man wants to become leader of the most powerful nation on Earth. G-d help us all.
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 12:43   Link #435
Kirarakim

Wow I am not sure if I should be angry or amused by that blog.

I think some people made excellent points in the comments (especially the comparison with violent American films) but these type of people are so close minded that they will refuse to see anything but their own misguided version of the truth. Discussing with them is literally the same as talking with a wall.

Quote:
Many of you are probably aware of Japanese anime (Japanese animation or Japanimation) because of popular kids shows like Pokemon, Speed Racer or Star Blazers. Prior to release in the west, these shows have been cleaned up from their original violent and sexually explicit hentai (perverted) form which most Japanese cartoons seem to take.
Just the first comment is made of win. So apparently Pokemon is a hentai in Japan.

Edit: I was curious so I read through some of this person's other blog posts. Besides his racists views on Buddhism and all religions that are not Christian look at what he posted about women and what he does to his wife. And he calls anime fans deviants? (I am wondering if this site is a joke it is so ridiculous).

http://blogs4brownback.wordpress.com...lots/#comments

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2007-09-30 at 13:16.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 13:34   Link #436
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Looking at more of the entries there, that site just has to be a big joke but even if it isn't, it certainly a good source of entertainment.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 14:45   Link #437
Rias

"Comic Market, an unauthorized annual gathering of otaku, obsessed anime fans, and amateur artists in Tokyo, Japan"

So what, the police actually let about 130,000 people to gather at the Tokyo Big Sight, without authorization, every year?

(Comiket happens twice per year, and there are laws for police to disperse unauthorized gathering that exceeds a certain amount of number of people.)
Old 2007-09-30, 14:52   Link #438
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post

I think I love that man... NOT!

I'm so sick and tired of people judging stuff when they have no idea whatsoever what it is about. It pissed me off enough to make a comment to be honest.

Last edited by Meatrose; 2007-10-01 at 05:12.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 15:15   Link #439
Theo

Guys, I wouldn't get so worked up about this one. It seems this blog is a not so subtle parody of neo-conservatives, judging from a few entries that provide such gems as "Heliocentrism is an atheist doctrine", which basically states that the idea that the earth revolves around the sun comes from those evil, evil, blasphemous, godless atheists apparently.

Or "Who Will Care for the Constitution After the Rapture?"

It's an obvious satire, so don't worry about it.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 00:37   Link #440
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

tl;dr

and L didn't stand for long there.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote