AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-23, 05:22   Link #1541
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I felt ambiguous towards the final episode, the first time I saw it. On one hand, the mecha pr0n and the music were incredibly great. On the other hand, everything else was rushed. On later viewings, I just chose to accept the bad with the good.

Old 2009-10-23, 08:03   Link #1542
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitagiIsHot View Post
The graphics were really good though (for 2007 standards and even still pretty nice for 2009-2010).
I personally don't think the standards set by Frontier would be broken any time soon. The last mecha show of the year was 00, and while that series had great eyecandy, its still eons away from what Frontier achieved.

And no, not even Transformers II can top it. Itano Circus + Dogfight = PURE WINNAGE!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-10-23, 19:51   Link #1543
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I personally don't think the standards set by Frontier would be broken any time soon. The last mecha show of the year was 00, and while that series had great eyecandy, its still eons away from what Frontier achieved.

And no, not even Transformers II can top it. Itano Circus + Dogfight = PURE WINNAGE!

- Tak
I'm missing mecha. Do you know when any new mechas are coming out?
Old 2009-10-24, 22:22   Link #1544
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Ah, episode 25... Great action, great music, and it had the Ranka-haters whining and pissing and moaning as if Kawamori had run over their puppy.

I loved it, rushed explanations and all.
Old 2009-10-25, 03:05   Link #1545
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Ah, episode 25... Great action, great music, and it had the Ranka-haters whining and pissing and moaning as if Kawamori had run over their puppy.

<shrug> The Ranka parts didn't faze me much, but the ball being dropped on the Sheryl / Alto romance did.
Old 2009-10-25, 04:20   Link #1546
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
<shrug> The Ranka parts didn't faze me much, but the ball being dropped on the Sheryl / Alto romance did.
I was pretty much expecting that kind of ending, so it didn't really bother me as such. Can easily understand why it would for some though.
Old 2009-10-25, 11:10   Link #1547
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Eh, It mostly irked me in that Ep 24 has Sheryl telling Alto he can finish when he gets back. And the show never does let him. Other then that I have no qualms about the Episode itself. Just the stuff that it happens to be missing .
Old 2009-10-25, 15:30   Link #1548
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
It felt more like the ball was dropped for the entire romance aspect all together, at least to me. It was hinted heavily and even directly stated how Alto finally was becoming more aware of his surroundings and not ignoring the events happening around him. The way everything was coming together, I figured that Alto was going to finally end the whole LT but in the end, we were left with the ambiguous ending. Of course, I am fully aware that you feel differently on this matter but I just wanted to give my opinion on this subject

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-25, 15:36   Link #1549
justavisitor

I expected Sheryl would die lol..there was nothing that could save her...then magic happened and everyone was saved...I don't really want Sheryl to die, but at that point, I expected nothing in the last 25 min could save her...ep 25 was pretty good, and Ranka's slap was a plus for me XD

As for the LT...I thought Ranka had a chance when Alto didn't confess to Sheryl in ep 24...but anyway, I kind of expected for an ambiguous ending
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-10-25, 16:40   Link #1550
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
It felt more like the ball was dropped for the entire romance aspect all together, at least to me. It was hinted heavily and even directly stated how Alto finally was becoming more aware of his surroundings and not ignoring the events happening around him. The way everything was coming together, I figured that Alto was going to finally end the whole LT but in the end, we were left with the ambiguous ending. Of course, I am fully aware that you feel differently on this matter but I just wanted to give my opinion on this subject
Actually, if we disregard for one second our obviously different desires regarding the outcome of the romance, this pretty much sums up what I thought would happen in regards to Altos decision-making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I expected Sheryl would die lol..there was nothing that could save her...then magic happened and everyone was saved...I don't really want Sheryl to die, but at that point, I expected nothing in the last 25 min could save her...ep 25 was pretty good, and Ranka's slap was a plus for me XD

As for the LT...I thought Ranka had a chance when Alto didn't confess to Sheryl in ep 24...but anyway, I kind of expected for an ambiguous ending
And that is why I can seldomly agree with you on anything, we simply have completely different ways of percepting things. ^^

I was 99,9% sure that Ranka would be the factor which would save Sheryl, due to heavy foreshadowing.

And as far as Alto not confessing to Sheryl... well, I think it is 100% sure that he was going to. Sheryl herself read the situation falsely, due to her hearing only half of the conversation on the rooftop in ep 23.

I think that scene in Sheryls make-up room was impressively directed, with subtle dialogue and "acting" by the characters. Definitely one of the best of the series.
Old 2009-10-25, 18:45   Link #1551
Tak

I honestly do not know how anybody expected Sheryl to die. Those who claimed to have 'foreseen' that sequence probably already wished for her death.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-10-25, 19:05   Link #1552
justavisitor

Well, even the director has no other means but to use "magic" to heal Sheryl...and I didn't know Ranka can use magic XD...I thought ppl in here also worried that she would die after episode 24 had aired...anyway

I don't want Sheryl to die, but I really wouldn't be that surprised had Sheryl really died in episode 25
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-10-25, 19:15   Link #1553
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Well, even the director has no other means but to use "magic" to heal Sheryl...and I didn't know Ranka can use magic XD...
... if after 20 episodes and you still say this...

- Tak

Old 2009-10-25, 19:20   Link #1554
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
... if after 20 episodes and you still say this...

- Tak

Hm, now that I think about it, How did the use of Ranka allow Grace to take over the Vajra queen? I know it hooked her up to the "system". But did Grace like Hack it or something?

I better go look over the last couple of episodes..
Old 2009-10-25, 19:24   Link #1555
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Hm, now that I think about it, How did the use of Ranka allow Grace to take over the Vajra queen? I know it hooked her up to the "system". But did Grace like Hack it or something?

I better go look over the last couple of episodes..
I always felt that Grace used Ranka as a catalyst. Ranka was the medium of communication between Grace and the Vajra queen. Once Ranka was rescued however, it would appear that Grace was weakened as a result.

Although it did seem that Grace was very much integrated.

- Tak

Old 2009-10-25, 19:28   Link #1556
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:

That's an interesting statement. Is there a part of episode twenty-five that you think is specifically more likely to offend someone who dislikes Ranka's character, as opposed to someone who likes her (or someone who is indifferent to her, for that matter)?

What I mean to say is that while that YHBT stance isn't all that unusual, I would have expected it to apply universally to anyone who was hoping for a conclusion to the love triangle, independently of character preferences.
Old 2009-10-25, 19:34   Link #1557
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
That's an interesting statement. Is there a part of episode twenty-five that you think is specifically more likely to offend someone who dislikes Ranka's character, as opposed to someone who likes her (or someone who is indifferent to her, for that matter)?

What I mean to say is that while that YHBT stance isn't all that unusual, I would have expected it to apply universally to anyone who was hoping for a conclusion to the love triangle, independently of character preferences.
That's true. Kawamori basically screwed over everybody who was interested in the resolution of the romantic aspect of Frontier.

I do think it's unfair for anybody to think that everybody that likes one character hates the other automatically. It's quite possible to like both, and root for one in the aspect of a love triangle.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-10-25 at 19:53. Reason: Grammar/spelling
Old 2009-10-25, 19:57   Link #1558
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post

I don't know what YHBT means, but I'm merely speaking from observation. At the nonresolution of the love triangle, the Ranka Haters I saw yelled the loudest, raged the hardest, and came up with the most amount of asinine theories to "prove" that either the love triangle actually WAS resolved, or that the ending was changed at the very last minute.

Ranka fans seemed to be quieter about the whole thing.

And those of us who were just sick and tired of the incessant "Who will Alto choose?" chatter were rather satisfied.

Pure dickishness (and there were real dicks on both sides, but (again, in my observation) there were more Sheryl dicks than Ranka dicks...so much so that it affected my love of Sheryl a bit) should be punished, not rewarded, no?
Old 2009-10-26, 01:03   Link #1559
magnuskn

Quote:
I don't know what YHBT means, but I'm merely speaking from observation. At the nonresolution of the love triangle, the Ranka Haters I saw yelled the loudest, raged the hardest, and came up with the most amount of asinine theories to "prove" that either the love triangle actually WAS resolved, or that the ending was changed at the very last minute.

Ranka fans seemed to be quieter about the whole thing.

And those of us who were just sick and tired of the incessant "Who will Alto choose?" chatter were rather satisfied.

Pure dickishness (and there were real dicks on both sides, but (again, in my observation) there were more Sheryl dicks than Ranka dicks...so much so that it affected my love of Sheryl a bit) should be punished, not rewarded, no?
Well. Since I came up with theories why I think the triangle was resolved ( which I still think it was ) and why I thought that the ending could have been changed at the last minute ( the second animation team ( for ep 25 ) doing the end sequence ), it rather seems you are describing me personally. Especially since I was embroiled in some semi-flamy conversations with Mercurial Morpheus and Final Vegeta, about the two biggest assholes Macross World has, in terms of courtesy and lack of reasoned debating skills.

Now, IIRC, you took their side, because you couldn't stand Sheryl fans at that time or whatever, but I dispute that there was much "dickishness" on my part, since what happened ( from my view ) was those two having a screaming fit about the fact that anybody might ship a character on their sacred Macross World forums. Oh, and they both were Ranka biased, of course.
Old 2009-10-26, 01:20   Link #1560
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Well. Since I came up with theories why I think the triangle was resolved ( which I still think it was ) and why I thought that the ending could have been changed at the last minute ( the second animation team ( for ep 25 ) doing the end sequence ), it rather seems you are describing me personally. Especially since I was embroiled in some semi-flamy conversations with Mercurial Morpheus and Final Vegeta, about the two biggest assholes Macross World has, in terms of courtesy and lack of reasoned debating skills.

Now, IIRC, you took their side, because you couldn't stand Sheryl fans at that time or whatever, but I dispute that there was much "dickishness" on my part, since what happened ( from my view ) was those two having a screaming fit about the fact that anybody might ship a character on their sacred Macross World forums. Oh, and they both were Ranka biased, of course.
No, I'm not talking about you.

I don't recall you screaming that you wanted Ranka dead. I don't recall you throwing insults at people who disagreed with you. I don't recall you saying things like, "If you knew ANYTHING about ANYTHING, you would KNOW that he'll pick Sheryl!" I don't recall you accusing other members of trying to make you look bad by quoting your own words back at you. I don't recall you posting SOLELY variations on "Sheryl = good / Ranka = bad."

These are all dickish things to do. I don't believe you did any of them; my recollection is that you usually handled yourself with dignity and decorum. If my memory is faulty in that regard, just let me know.
Closed Thread