AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-22, 13:39   Link #1
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki - Manga

Summary
Typical company employee Tanaka Daichi(38 years old, single) loves games and plays a new type of VRMMO called "One More Free Life Online" under the username "Earth". Inside this free world he chose several skills that are generally regarded as useless. Be it wasting time crafting potions, cooking up pointlessly tasty food, or hunting monsters with some absurd weapon he crafted, he simply enjoys playing the game.

Alternative : A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Log ; To Aru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki
Author(s) : Shiina Howahowa
Artist(s) : Rikudou Shuuya
Genre(s) : Action ; Adventure ; Comedy ; Fantasy ; Shounen ; Supernatural
Type : Japanese Manga - Read from right to left.
Release : 2014

Current Chapter 1-3

Web Novel
MT version of WN

So, VMMORPG became trend again huh...

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]

Last edited by Riz; 2014-08-23 at 01:27.
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 15:30   Link #2
travelingbum

WN started 2013 1 7 and has already reached like 500.... short but updates are like twice a week if good.

wonder when LN vol 3 illustrations coming out lol

Last edited by travelingbum; 2014-08-22 at 16:08.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 17:57   Link #3
omega253

Chapter 3 was just fun with Earth curbstomping that big knight with two previously 'useless' skills.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 19:41   Link #4
travelingbum

well it's good enough english for people just wanting to read without a care for any mistakes.
like how Leather was turned into Razor and other minor stuff. (maybe instead of Gulor its Gro? atleast I don't see how it turned into Gulor and im used to seeing Gro more)

the monthly wait though sucks..... would take forever to see manga version of Queen and then even more forever for her yandere bits.

Last edited by travelingbum; 2014-08-22 at 20:06.
Old 2014-08-23, 00:41   Link #5
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

BTW, does someone got link to the WN?

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]

Last edited by Riz; 2014-08-23 at 01:21.
Old 2014-08-23, 01:25   Link #6
Esclair

Why do I get the feeling the author is butthurt over all the new themepark MMOs completely shafting crafting.

Also, I can't think of any mmos where archers/rangers are bad. They're usually OP.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 01:37   Link #7
merpati

It's similar to Moonlight Sculptor or Ark.
merpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 02:04   Link #8
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Why do I get the feeling the author is butthurt over all the new themepark MMOs completely shafting crafting.

Also, I can't think of any mmos where archers/rangers are bad. They're usually OP.
Eh ranged Ranger sucked real hard in Everquest
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 02:20   Link #9
travelingbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post

you just need the day when shit happens and people make games where you actually have to aim and stuff......

well there are normal tdm games and stuff where people do have to aim... like Fantasy Earth Zero but there's no damage drop or crits

Last edited by travelingbum; 2014-08-23 at 02:31.
Old 2014-08-23, 03:07   Link #10
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
you just need the day when shit happens and people make games where you actually have to aim and stuff......

well there are normal tdm games and stuff where people do have to aim... like Fantasy Earth Zero but there's no damage drop or crits
I think Tera has aiming to hit but no crits for head shots and such. Also the crafting sucks and there isn't a lot of skill customization as in this manga. TBH I'd absolutely love if a game came out with diverse classes and skills with a great trade skill system. unfortunately I haven't seen anything like that since EQ2 came out and it isn't what it used to be. I really love how this guy puts all of these skills together to do really cool things. Somehow I don't think we currently have the technology to make it happen though because there would have to be so much code, system requirements would be insane. Guess that's why it's a future VRMO.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 03:21   Link #11
merpati

Based on what I read, early Star War Galaxies is pretty close: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Galaxies

Some story from former players:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...mories/c9ft7ug
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...fallen_out_of/

Lastly, how about EVE online? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_Online
merpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 05:29   Link #12
fazri
blacksun king

i like this ossan he make 100% all his skin no matter how useless other people think.
Old 2014-08-24, 18:39   Link #13
travelingbum

well since there's no spaces like others.... some things can be confusing....

Bow should not have been renamed to Archery or what do you call Archery when using a short bow/hunting bow/long bow?

ワーウルフレザーセット
waurufu Leather Set (4ch translated it as Razor Werewolf Set)
can't tell if it's war wolf or werewolf but at this point of the story since it seems they only have like this 1 town and 1 dungeon.... don't think there would be werewolf mobs yet.

Manufacturer.... from the name 製作の指先 dunno if Handicrafting or some other one would fit better

Eagle Eye maybe Far Sight?

Physical Boost.... Physical Ability Boost(Improvement or whatever)

Apothecary isn't this more of a job instead of a skill?... so Medicine

the other skills would be fine since they would rank up and Stealth would become like Stealth Kai after like years since its monthly.... (unless it's just to promote the LN adaption)
Old 2014-08-26, 10:27   Link #14
J4n1

looks interesting, though some of the so called "useless" skills seem like something that would, in most mmo's, be considered almost essential.

stealth = set up ambushes

And i can't really think of mmo's where ability to make your own consumables was not awesome.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 10:34   Link #15
Hiyono

The thing I don't get about these novels where the MC is the only one who crafts is... have any of these authors played an MMO before? There are always tons of players who have no interest in combat and focus only on crafting. The one thing that is accurate, though, is that they inevitably end up filthy, filthy rich.
Old 2014-08-26, 11:46   Link #16
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
The thing I don't get about these novels where the MC is the only one who crafts is... have any of these authors played an MMO before? There are always tons of players who have no interest in combat and focus only on crafting. The one thing that is accurate, though, is that they inevitably end up filthy, filthy rich.
I guess if it is first VRMMO than everyone want to try to fight something
(he start playing at day 1)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 12:15   Link #17
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I guess if it is first VRMMO than everyone want to try to fight something
(he start playing at day 1)
There would have been a beta, people would already have tried out combat, someone (lot of someone's) would have figured out crafting as the way to go for money (same for the bow/kick combo to beat swordsmen).

It's not a major issue (for me at least), but it is bit jarring seeing the collective actions of people be so out of whack from what one would expect from an mmo.

Also, the whole "useless" skills start would be lot more effective, if they were not so immediately useful, the MC should have spent more time unlocking abilities to make it more believable that nobody else bothered with them.
I mean, ranged attack + stealth damage bonus at start + melee knockback (seemingly with no cooldown) =WIN
Old 2014-08-26, 14:23   Link #18
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
There would have been a beta, people would already have tried out combat, someone (lot of someone's) would have figured out crafting as the way to go for money (same for the bow/kick combo to beat swordsmen).

It's not a major issue (for me at least), but it is bit jarring seeing the collective actions of people be so out of whack from what one would expect from an mmo.

Also, the whole "useless" skills start would be lot more effective, if they were not so immediately useful, the MC should have spent more time unlocking abilities to make it more believable that nobody else bothered with them.
I mean, ranged attack + stealth damage bonus at start + melee knockback (seemingly with no cooldown) =WIN
actually I can see this happening at least with the bow/kick. In almost every mmo I've ever played there is some imbalance where certain classes get snubbed because the collective community was too stupid to figure out how to play it right. In Daoc it was blade masters in eq2 it was rangers (early on), and so on and so forth. People start crying about the way you put points into a skill because they read online that it sucked. Generally it gets figured out or changed. However it took him a lot of patience and effort to hit the target with the bow and the kick as he said was just a normal kick. Many people would have complained and just dropped them in beta. Although I still agree that there had to be someone who stuck with it, many mmo gamers don't give up on a character even if it sucks. And heck I think the first thing I would have done is the hide and shoot combo cause that's how you get crits.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 09:34   Link #19
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
actually I can see this happening at least with the bow/kick. In almost every mmo I've ever played there is some imbalance where certain classes get snubbed because the collective community was too stupid to figure out how to play it right. In Daoc it was blade masters in eq2 it was rangers (early on), and so on and so forth. People start crying about the way you put points into a skill because they read online that it sucked. Generally it gets figured out or changed. However it took him a lot of patience and effort to hit the target with the bow and the kick as he said was just a normal kick. Many people would have complained and just dropped them in beta. Although I still agree that there had to be someone who stuck with it, many mmo gamers don't give up on a character even if it sucks. And heck I think the first thing I would have done is the hide and shoot combo cause that's how you get crits.
If it took more time to level kick/bow/stealth to usefulness, i might agree.
But considering how fast they become useful, i can't believe nobody noticed.

Also, DAoC and EQ2 were released long time ago, the mmo communities are lot more organized, both in testing games, as well as researching abilities.

Kick has no cd knockback, that is fucking OP in its own, stealth opener extra damage is from level 1, first person to try it would notice it (at least in pvp), bow is ranged damage, lot of people would test it just to get the first hit in a fight.

Again, i would not mind it so much, if not for the fact that he got the abilities to near OP levels in such a short time of levelling solo (organized tester groups would have power levelled almost every skill to max level in beta if allowed).
Old 2014-08-27, 10:06   Link #20
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

someone (anon) in /ak/ said...
Spoiler for so sad:

... Man..!!

[Sauce]