AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-09-03, 17:40   Link #2701
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
I'm not sure what you're referring to. Do you mean something like Mimosa?
Well, I suppose something like the Mimosa could be used as well. School District 23 is constantly patrolled by security drones, which deal with intrusions, bird strikes, stray paper bags and the like. I was thinking perhaps, given the use of them in this manner, whether the possibility of them being used to deploy neutralizing agents or dispersal methods in the event of a conventional rocket launch from AC failing (shortly after lift-off and not far off), was a viable possibility.

Edit: Supposing something like what happened with GPS IIR1.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2015-11-27 at 05:23.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-05, 15:00   Link #2702
Inept Forum User

Given the information revealed in NT18, do you reckon it would be reasonable to assume that chaos magic would produce similar levels of sparks to syncretic magic?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-25, 17:28   Link #2703
Evelyn Green

This may have been asked before or maybe not asked at all:

If Academy City has the technology to clone people as done with the Radio Noise Project and Third Season, why have Mugino on prosthetic implants when regrowing a missing eye and a missing arm would be feasible? Surely, the tech for regrowing lost body parts can't be beyond the scientists.
Evelyn Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-25, 23:51   Link #2704
Chosen_Hero

^Because robot limbs are cooler than just regrowing them.
Old 2019-03-26, 00:58   Link #2705
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelyn Green View Post
This may have been asked before or maybe not asked at all:

If Academy City has the technology to clone people as done with the Radio Noise Project and Third Season, why have Mugino on prosthetic implants when regrowing a missing eye and a missing arm would be feasible? Surely, the tech for regrowing lost body parts can't be beyond the scientists.
They used dark legacy for fast results(comes with adverse effects) and because they wanted to dispose her off later.
Old 2019-03-26, 21:22   Link #2706
Keila

I wonder where the 'line in the sand' is as far as Touma's hand/arm is concerned.

○ Fiamma cut off his arm (see anime for visual) which allowed something to be released (and subsequently crushed).
○ Othinus crushed his arm and then crushed the thing that was released.
○ Othinus blew away everything except his arm and nothing seems to have come out.
○ etc. etc.

Seemingly Touma needs some level of consciousness and awareness that his arm is missing in order to facilitate the release (or at least did in the past) which would explain why blowing away everything except his arm didn't release anything. It's like the knowledge of 'his arm is missing' creates some sort of portal/summoning from another dimensional space.
Old 2020-10-21, 23:19   Link #2707
Twi

Okay, since there was nowhere else to place this, I wanted to try and break down Junko's whole Ion Sheath thing (Astral Buddy Vol.4, Ch. 21) because for some reason my brain wouldn't let it be but plasma physics isn't my field of expertise.

From what I can tell she created a Debye (Electrostatic) Sheath by creating enough energy to ionize the gases around her and form plasma. The difference between the temperature of the electrons and ions causes the sheathe to form and by focusing on keeping the positive ions, it becomes more positively charged while the surface of her body was negatively charged. The positive ions thus are drawn together and make it denser while the negative ions spread relatively over her body.

The chapter states that it "retrained the plasma's excitement and lowered its energy level", but I have no clue what that meant.

Tags
hard science