AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-30, 15:46   Link #381
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well I suppose that's one way to go about it though I never understood the second part concerning some items ... What's the point to have two copies of same item, one to be collectible just to be hid away somewhere and never to be touched ? Backup may be nice though, as indeed .. if something happens it you won't be able to get a new one most likely.

Though the case with him might as well be that he would just want to sell them. With each volume of Festival Comic and Festival, the dakimakuras will appear on ebay later on with ridiculous price tag .. Even though they're only 1 sided you'll probably see Tenshi on sale soon with $100 or more ... :x
Old 2010-10-31, 15:10   Link #382
Duckys
Quackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
One to read, one to collect, one for backup. And the rest to sell.

You have to make it wet and it sticks to your bathroom's wall (on ceramic tile, or the glass of a shower cabinet might work too), even after it has dried
In order to remove it, you just have to add water on it again

btw, anyone bought/got the November issue yet? How big are these bathroom posters?
*Opens up copy* Um... They're about 9 1/2 inches by 20 inches... so pretty small, but jeez. Would you really want to put a picture of Yuri half naked on your shower walls... (to fap to maybe?).

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Old 2010-10-31, 17:42   Link #383
Revan21

Nope, but I wouldn't mind a soapy Kanade-chan there
AB and the Railgun are the two sides of the same poster or are they seperate?

That's about the size of a normal Megami/Nyantype poster then.
Old 2010-10-31, 21:25   Link #384
Tiger5913

Talking

Hey guys! First time poster! I've been lurking a long time, but finally decided to sign up and show my Angel Beats love. ^_^

Just got my Angel magazines yesterday! Question... Where can I buy a body pillow for the case? The ones I've seen are all too small... only 54 inches long.

Second question: are any websites taking pre-orders for the Yui magazine and the next issue of G's Magazine? Mmm, Angel bath poster...
Old 2010-11-01, 10:19   Link #385
Dist

The Dengeki G's Festival Comic Vol15 isn't up for preorder yet. They're usually released some weeks before so I would look at the start of December. The Dengeki G's Vol12 is up for preorder in HLJ however, that contains the mentioned bath poster.

The pillow is quite damn expensive, it's about 5000Yen on HLJ. There are also low quality ones on sale at Ebay, but I have one... and it really IS low quality. I'll have to buy the official cospa body pillow soon as this one from ebay is soon in condition where it can't be repaired anymore ... the fabric, it's very thin and breaks apart easily.

The shipping for the pillow is very expensive though, HLJ's cheapest shipping for the pillow is actually with FedEx, for ~4500Yen

Edit : Screw it, it says for some reason that the pillow can't be shipped overseas :/. Edited message for HLJ only.

Ps. Why do Japanese have to release the anime mags in so weird manner, with all the volume numbers and whatever mixed up ? For example, December ( Vol.12 ) issues are always released in November ... And then there's this thing with Dengeki G's Festival Comic. The vol. 19 w/ Kuroneko fig and Kirino minitowel is going to be released on December 31th. So why is there a magazine that is four volumes lower, Dengeki G's Festival Comic Vol. 15 also going to be released in December with that Yui dakimakura ? x_x

Last edited by Dist; 2010-11-01 at 10:43.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:09   Link #386
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Ps. Why do Japanese have to release the anime mags in so weird manner, with all the volume numbers and whatever mixed up ? For example, December ( Vol.12 ) issues are always released in November ... And then there's this thing with Dengeki G's Festival Comic. The vol. 19 w/ Kuroneko fig and Kirino minitowel is going to be released on December 31th. So why is there a magazine that is four volumes lower, Dengeki G's Festival Comic Vol. 15 also going to be released in December with that Yui dakimakura ? x_x
I guess because they are not monthly magazines, except for the normal Dengeki G's Magazine that doesn't have a volume number but listed as their months.

Other Dengekis are long running series that doesn't have a set release period, and a lot more expensive than a monthly magazine, so they are only labeled with a numerical order. There are:
Dengeki G's Festival - magazine and various gift items (Vol.17 - Yuri pillow, Kanade wallscroll)
Dengeki G's Festival Deluxe - magazine and various gift items (Vol.6 - Kanade pillow, Yuri nendo)
Dengeki G's Festival Comic - huge manga book and just a pillow/towel (Vol.14 - ecchi Kanade pillow, Vol.15 - Yui pillow)
Dengeki G's Festival! Anime - magazine and various gift items

You can read more about them on Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengeki_G%27s_Magazine
Old 2010-11-01, 11:56   Link #387
Dist

Yea but that's what you misunderstood and that's what got me confused. The vol.15 of Comic will include Yui pillow. However, Vol19 of Comic will include Kuroneko figure and Kirino minitowel. They both are released on December ... How come there is vol19 and Vol15 for the same month of the same Dengeki series, in this case the Festival Comic ? What happened to 16, 17 and 18.

And that still doesn't explain why each volume listed as a month is released one month prior to the actual month that the represent. With each anime magazine, Volume 2010/12 for example will be released on November, not on December.
Old 2010-11-01, 12:25   Link #388
xBTAx

Quote:
Yea but that's what you misunderstood and that's what got me confused. The vol.15 of Comic will include Yui pillow. However, Vol19 of Comic will include Kuroneko figure and Kirino minitowel. They both are released on December ... How come there is vol19 and Vol15 for the same month of the same Dengeki series, in this case the Festival Comic ? What happened to 16, 17 and 18.

And that still doesn't explain why each volume listed as a month is released one month prior to the actual month that the represent. With each anime magazine, Volume 2010/12 for example will be released on November, not on December.
I can't really comment on the numbering issue, but I can say that the November release for the December issue applies to some US magazines as well (off the top of my head, Nintendo Power does it).
Old 2010-11-01, 12:47   Link #389
Tiger5913

Unhappy

Thanks for the info!

The start of December? Really...? =/ I remember pre-ordering the Angel magazine in mid-August, 10 weeks before the release date... I figured I would have to do the same for the Yui magazine, given the high demand for Angel Beats! merchandise.

...Ouch. DX I should try looking for one the next time I go to Japan. Tsk, I would THINK I could find one on the 'net somewhere. I guess 60-inch pillows are really rare? Internet, you have failed me.

I think I'll wait for Kinokuniya to get the magazine in three weeks... The shipping cost is pretty high. *orz* Unless AmiAmi lists the magazine, then I can combine shipping with my existing order.

lol I honestly have no idea about the numbering system. It confuses me. As long as I know the correct release date, it's all good...
Old 2010-11-01, 13:01   Link #390
Duckys
Quackers.

Dengeki G's Festival!, Dengeki G's Festival! Comic, Dengeki G's Festival! Deluxe, and Dengeki G's Festival! Anime are all different series. That's why numbering is off. Dengeki G's Festival! currently has the most issues, at volume 18, while Dengeki G's Festival! Comic is on volume 14. Dengeki G's Festival! Deluxe is at issue number 8.

The publication dates are about a few weeks ahead of the actual month its supposed to be released on. This goes with ALL other bishoujo magazines; you can find Megami, Nyantype, and Dengeki G's Magazines in bookstores a few weeks before the month its supposed to be released for.

Anyways.

Preorders for Yui-nyan dakimakura aren't out yet I don't believe.

Kinokuniya isn't the best place to buy, as they only get a few copies per store, and usually when I go there they sell out. AmiAmi is more reliable.

@Revan21, the bath posters are two separate posters.

Old 2010-11-01, 13:39   Link #391
Revan21

Quote:
Actually, it was you who mixed them up

The OreNoImouto issue is not a Comic, it's the standard Festival edition - although I see it got mislabeled on HLJ, they tend to do that

Vol.17 had the Yurippe pillow and Kanade wallscroll
Vol.18 was about some visual novel called Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Vol.19 will have the OreNoImouto gifts

Whereas the Comic edition is currently up to Vol.15 (Yui pillow), all numbers accounted for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckys View Post
@Revan21, the bath posters are two separate posters.
That's good to know, thanks. Now I'm seriously considering buying the December issue, and I'll trade the Kuroko poster for Yurippe with a friend, who's Railgun-fan
Old 2010-11-01, 14:21   Link #392
Tiger5913

Red face

Quote:
Preorders for Yui-nyan dakimakura aren't out yet I don't believe.

Kinokuniya isn't the best place to buy, as they only get a few copies per store, and usually when I go there they sell out. AmiAmi is more reliable.
And back to stalking AmiAmi I go...

Really? I bought the November issue a few days ago, the one with the Yuri bath poster.

AmiAmi doesn't have the December issue listed yet...
Old 2010-11-01, 14:40   Link #393
Duckys
Quackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger5913 View Post
And back to stalking AmiAmi I go...

Really? I bought the November issue a few days ago, the one with the Yuri bath poster.

AmiAmi doesn't have the December issue listed yet...
I'm referring to Dengeki G's Festival. If you're talking about Dengeki G's Magazine, well, those sell out within a week. I got myself a copy from the San Jose store last week too.

Old 2010-11-01, 15:30   Link #394
Tiger5913

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckys View Post
I'm referring to Dengeki G's Festival. If you're talking about Dengeki G's Magazine, well, those sell out within a week. I got myself a copy from the San Jose store last week too.
Oh yeah, those, I definitely secure online. I wouldn't count on Kinokuniya having it.

One week? Damn. I must've gotten lucky. Now I'm wondering when the December issue will arrive... Guess I'd better check in 3 weeks.
Old 2010-11-01, 20:30   Link #395
Dist

Well I blame HLJ then as they labeled it as comic and you didn't tell me that until now ...

As for the pillow, like I said, you can buy it on HLJ. You might find one even on US for cheaper shipping, just google '' cospa body pillow ''. In Japan, it would cost the same if you ended up buying a pillow from there as it would be cospa.

I do hope actually that the December issue will be released within this week for preorder. I buy all my stuff from Amazon, but it's only worth of it if I buy lots of items at once as otherwise the shipping is very expensive. I'm going to make an order this week and I'd really like to include that preorder in it ... At December, it will probably be too late ...
Old 2010-11-02, 01:52   Link #396
Duckys
Quackers.

Big hobby retailers like AmiAmi and Hobby Search are releasing inflatable body pillows soon, but I got myself the pillow itself here in the US for about 40 bucks, only because it was goose feathers/down filled. Polyester filled pillows don't have the same feeling, but they're cheaper and they're what most pillows are filled with nowadays. Remember when you are buying, shoot for 150x50cm -> 160x50cm or in US units, 20x60inches.

Old 2010-11-02, 20:28   Link #397
Dist

Well fffffuuuuuu

HLJ sent me reminder of my order as it contained items that haven't been released yet... and only with that reminder they now told me that they can't hold items so some of the items I ordered may be sold out while I wait. As it happens so, the Dengeki G's Comic shows Discontinued now on HLJ. It says Low Stock on my account page though so I'm not sure which it is...

For now I of course clicked to ship available items but ffs if that volume is sold out as the Kanade pillow cover is what I wanted the most. I don't suppose it's available anywhere else either with reasonable price ? Jlist still has it, for $48 + ridiculous shipping .. HLJ had it for just $29.
Old 2010-11-07, 04:00   Link #398
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger5913 View Post
are any websites taking pre-orders for the Yui magazine and the next issue of G's Magazine? Mmm, Angel bath poster...
Dengeki Comic Vol.15 is up on AmiAmi
Old 2010-11-08, 01:28   Link #399
Duckys
Quackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Dengeki Comic Vol.15 is up on AmiAmi
They're sold out...

Old 2010-11-08, 02:29   Link #400
Uikawaii

I think Amiami just pre posted it ready for preorder as they did it 3-4 days ago and havent had any in stock, now eitherr they sold out really fast and there the only sight that has them or we all caught it to early and they will be available soon.
Closed Thread