Old 2008-09-29, 07:30   Link #2301
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

Its kinda hard accepting that Geass is over but hell it was good tho
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:30   Link #2302
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I would eat Anya. Of course, I'd have to get past Jeremiah.

Wow....can you picture Orange-kun as a father figure. Imagine if Anya brought home a boyfired
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:31   Link #2303
FreezeGeass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagetsuchi View Post
Dude that looks like the sky...............I mean really you know those anime clichè when they are thinking deeply and they look at the sky for no reason i think its one of those.

Or better yet its in reference to heaven or something inno but if some one is behind you you don't look up unless their standing over you.
Lmao, why would she tilt her head to look at the sky? She's already looking at the sky. She does EXACTLY what someone does when they are lying on their back and speaking to someone behind their head.
FreezeGeass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:33   Link #2304
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeGeass View Post
Lmao, why would she tilt her head to look at the sky? She's already looking at the sky. She does EXACTLY what someone does when they are lying on their back and speaking to someone behind their head.
Hence why i said "anime clichè's that they do for no reason"
Old 2008-09-29, 07:35   Link #2305
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeGeass View Post
I wonder what everyone was thinking when Lelouch died, even the prisoners looked like they were freaking out right before Zero ran him through with the sword. I don't know if they were hyped to see Zero or sad to see Lelouch get killed.

As for if Lelouch is dead...I know I posted this earlier, but I'll post it again since this thread fills up with new posts so rapidly for some more responses.

Lelouch is, most definitely, alive at the end of the show. As several others have mentioned, it would appear that CC's Code was transferred to Lelouch upon his death, which also triggered the memory transfer to Nunnaly, similar to how CC transferred to Lelouch's in an earlier episode. Someone brought up that no real pact was made to justify such a transfer, but then again, I don't believe we're ever told that such a pact is necessary for a Code to transfer. Others have stated that transferring Code means the previous owner dies; false. Transferring Code only means the previous owner becomes mortal. VV died because of sustaining mortal injuries prior to transferring that killed him after transferring, and the nun died of her own will. Finally, the intentional blocking of the driver's features, his gentleman-style clothing which does not befit a farmer, and the INTENTIONAL camera pan up purposely revealing a side of the driver are far too obvious nods to an identity being kept hidden. CC is speaking to him, and as said earlier (rough paraphrasing here): "Geass, the power of kings, causes isolation to its user...well, I guess that's not entirely true, eh Lelouch?". She even tilts her head up slightly as if speaking to the person in front of the cart. The signs were subtle enough to make it not blatantly seem that Lelouch was still alive, but enough to spot for those who looked twice for them.

keypoints here:
-code transfer for Lelouch immortality
-code transfer doesn't mean previous owner dies, just becomes mortal
-blocking of driver's features and camera pan close up on driver's side too intentional, not a technique one uses for an obscure no-name cart driver
-CC's final line, directed towards lelouch, about geass not causing isolation after all

The biggest, most undeniable giveaway is the camera work. It is done in a way to purposely draw attention towards the driver, but simultaneously not enough to show who he is and keep his identity hidden. Combined with the slight head tilt and delivered line from CC, it's a done deal.
You have earned a cookie.

Now let's hope an OVA is released, or better yet a movie! ^^
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:35   Link #2306
FreezeGeass

Quote:
Hence why i said "anime clichè's that they do for no reason"
To be quite honest I've never seen that in an anime before. Animators don't create totally random, unnecessary movements like looking at one part of the sky and then moving their head to look at another part of the sky when the viewer can't even see what they are looking at.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:41   Link #2307
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

I would go thru Youtube and find 30animes that do it but im to lazy and if I'm gonna waste time like that i may as well play lineage.

Lulu being alive is kinda to far out their. There was no where in the show where he recieved Charles Code and doesn't transference of a Code leave the orginal owner dead because i only thought you could transferr the code to the person who kills you.

And again that anime Clichè is everywhere.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:43   Link #2308
FreezeGeass

Quote:
I would go thru Youtube and find 30animes that do it but im to lazy and if I'm gonna waste time like that i may as well play lineage.

Lulu being alive is kinda to far out their. There was no where in the show where he recieved Charles Code and doesn't transference of a Code leave the orginal owner dead because i only thought you could transferr the code to the person who kills you.

Well, a few examples of redundant head movements made by character's whose viewpoint isn't even visible would certainly help to support your argument. I'm not sure if you read my entire post though, transferring Code doesn't kill you, just makes you mortal. It's never actually clarified what the conditions are to make a Code transfer.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:45   Link #2309
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Clichè is used for specific purposes. But in this case, the head movement serves no other purpose than suggest CC is changing her speech from a monologue to a conversation.

And Charles is dead, and he was certainly killed by Lulu. Finally, we don't actually know how the Code transfer is done, so it could very well be done on-screen without us noticing.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:47   Link #2310
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

Ugh theirs no winning this arguement its based on our opinions even if the series stops here you will say hes alive and if it goes on and he's not their you will say he's alive. (and again to lazy to find them now) I'm off to lineage now.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:52   Link #2311
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
116 pages and we're still repeating ourselves well at least it's with different people

let's face it guys. we can't be sure whether lelouch is alive or not. they made it such a way so that sunrise could decide either way if the need arises. either way they could provide a way for lelouch to stay dead or be alive that would fit the events. there is no absolute answer to this unless the makers of the show say something

there's no problem if you'll just say that this is what your opinion is. but please stop sounding like you're saying obvious facts because they aren't. so there isn't much merit to try convincing other people over the boards...

i wanna ask those who weathered the shipping wars, were things like this?
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:52   Link #2312
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I would eat Anya. Of course, I'd have to get past Jeremiah.

Wow....can you picture Orange-kun as a father figure. Imagine if Anya brought home a boyfired
Its gonna be quite hard for Anya to get some dude to get used to the orange farm, the orange fruits, the orange smell and an adoptive father whose obsessed with oranges :]

Yes, His Majesty has turned this loyal knight into such an awesome badass. Forgot to mention that him pulling a Duel (Gundam Seed Last episode) was AWESOME! And pulling ANOTHER Duel this time himself, was just completely made me go "YES YOUR MAJESTY!" XD
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:55   Link #2313
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

Orange is growing oranges hey i just got that lol
Old 2008-09-29, 07:55   Link #2314
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
116 pages and we're still repeating ourselves well at least it's with different people

let's face it guys. we can't be sure whether lelouch is alive or not. they made it such a way so that sunrise could decide either way if the need arises. either way they could provide a way for lelouch to stay dead or be alive that would fit the events. there is no absolute answer to this unless the makers of the show say something

there's no problem if you'll just say that this is what your opinion is. but please stop sounding like you're saying obvious facts because they aren't. so there isn't much merit to try convincing other people over the boards...

i wanna ask those who weathered the shipping wars, were things like this?
lol. Dunno, I posted like on page 113 or 114. BUt yeh I agree, they can either green light the idea, or just leave it alone. Ah Sunrise, my oh my.
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:56   Link #2315
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

you know i noticed. I dont think Cornelia was talking about Schniezel when she said "what brother have is not a desire. In a different era he would have made a excellent king" I think she was talking about Lelouch. Because it was that moment when her and lelouch was alone with Jeremiah. I'm guessing he helped Cornelia get off the Damocles.
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 08:01   Link #2316
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
lol. Dunno, I posted like on page 113 or 114. BUt yeh I agree, they can either green light the idea, or just leave it alone. Ah Sunrise, my oh my.
try reading 1 every ten pages, it's not that hard and it'll save you a lot of trouble of having to go through the entire "debate" plus you'll get to see several versions of THE troll picture

plus you might find several interesting things like lelouch's fashion sense or the ginoXkallen debacle lol
Old 2008-09-29, 08:03   Link #2317
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfWorlds View Post
you know i noticed. I dont think Cornelia was talking about Schniezel when she said "what brother have is not a desire. In a different era he would have made a excellent king" I think she was talking about Lelouch. Because it was that moment when her and lelouch was alone with Jeremiah. I'm guessing he helped Cornelia get off the Damocles.
i think that's doubtful. she wouldn't refer to lelouch as "brother" but rather as lelouch. and im just guessing that the japanese term would mean older brother though im not sure. anyone knows japanese that can help us?
Old 2008-09-29, 08:05   Link #2318
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

Btw how old is lulu in at the end of the show early 20's or 18-19?
Old 2008-09-29, 08:11   Link #2319
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Quote:
I belive that Charles did transfer his code to Lelouch. On episode 21-22. When Lelouch geassed the gods, Charles grabbed Lelouch's neck with the Code insignia on his palm. And as you say, when you could only get code transfer when the person with the code gets killed. I don't think thats true. When V.V gave Charles the code, V.V only became mortal, and died when he was killed. Once Charles got wounded by Lelouch, Charles's code activated.

Which could have happened with Lelouch, once he was wounded his code could have activated.
LastOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 08:17   Link #2320
IIKII

In the last scene, i find it weird that the guy need to cover himself so much in such a sunny weather and i dont think that CC knows how to make a paper crane.

During the assassination, i am surprised that Orange wasnt upset at all after letting the fake zero to kill lulu. Maybe orange knows the True plan of lulu..

70% - lulu alive.
IIKII is offline   Reply With Quote