AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-09-14, 00:29   Link #1
red_comet

Send a message via AIM to red_comet Send a message via MSN to red_comet Send a message via Yahoo to red_comet
Dvd version torrents

I downloaded the dvd version of naruto, but for some reason the picture wont show. whats the difference betwwen normal and dvd versions of torrents?
Old 2004-09-14, 00:43   Link #2
Grona
Big Damit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_comet
I downloaded the dvd version of naruto, but for some reason the picture wont show. whats the difference betwwen normal and dvd versions of torrents?
Quality mostly, the regualr version comes recorded off TV while the DVD version comes from DVDs of the show. Of course higher quality usualy means bigger filesize so take that into account.

The reason why you might not be able to play it is because it uses a codec you dont have.
Old 2004-09-14, 00:59   Link #3
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Go to the Media Configuration Guide to solve your problems... follow the instructions and maybe Level 4 will help you...
Old 2004-09-14, 18:49   Link #4
red_comet

Send a message via AIM to red_comet Send a message via MSN to red_comet Send a message via Yahoo to red_comet
I downlaoded the newest divx before i downloaded it.
Old 2004-09-15, 00:21   Link #5
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Well It could be xvid. I suggest following the guide to install ffdshow.
Uninstall all your codecs including dvix or anyothers you yourself installed. Then install Fddshow.

here to get the latest version of ffdshow.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=263974

EDIT: Sorry i worded that weird. Fixed

Last edited by Kurz; 2004-09-17 at 17:51.
Old 2004-09-16, 20:33   Link #6
red_comet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAveOfFire
Well It could be xvid. I suggest following the guide to install ffdshow.
Uninstall all your codecs and install ffdshow including dvix or anyothers you yourself installed.

here to get the latest version of ffdshow.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=263974
so do i uninstall divx? i dunno how to uninstall codecs.
Old 2004-09-16, 22:24   Link #7
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
so do i uninstall divx? i dunno how to uninstall codecs.
Use the Add or Remove Programs wizard from the control pannel. If you're running Windows XP or 2000, open your Run dialog box (Start > Run...) and type "appwiz.cpl" (with no quotes) and hit enter. Scroll down in the list until you see Divx, and click the Change/Remove button.

The Add or Remove Program wizard looks like this, prehaps you're familiar with it?

Old 2004-09-19, 23:35   Link #8
red_comet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
Use the Add or Remove Programs wizard from the control pannel. If you're running Windows XP or 2000, open your Run dialog box (Start > Run...) and type "appwiz.cpl" (with no quotes) and hit enter. Scroll down in the list until you see Divx, and click the Change/Remove button.

The Add or Remove Program wizard looks like this, prehaps you're familiar with it?
Yeah, i know all about using add/remove programs, i was just just confused if i was suppose to remove the codecs or the program.

I installed ffdshow, nothing changed naruto still dosnt work.
Old 2004-09-20, 03:40   Link #9
xris
Just call me Ojisan

If you are talking about [TW] - Naruto Episode 01 DVD.mp4 then you are correct, the normal set-up doesn't work.

I'm not sure (can't remember) what combination of codecs are required to make this work correctly but the question has been asked many times here so try searching this forum (thread now moved into the Playback Help forum).

I'll also add the usual ffdshow recommendation (despite the fact that this is one of the few times it doesn't immediately solve the problem

---
Since this question is asked so many times, this is a standard reply cut and pasted

9 timeout of 10, this is a codec problem. Very easy to fix.

i) Download ffdshow 2004-07-25
ii) Remove all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all.
iii) Install ffdshow.

Just in case it wasn't clear, uninstall all previously installed codecs, they only clash and interfere with each other. You only need ffdshow.

If you don't like the idea of removing all your old codecs, then don't, you may be able to resolve the problem by just updating or installing to the latest ffdshow codec (but the general consensus is to just have the one codec installed, there will be less problems that way).

Look at the stickies in the Playback Help forum to find the latest version of ffdshow (see this thread).

Plus I would recommend downloading and using the latest version of Media Player Classic (2000/XP or 98/Me build)
Old 2004-09-20, 03:53   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
I'll also add the usual ffdshow recommendation (despite the fact that this is one of the few times it doesn't immediately solve the problem
Actually it does solve the problem with one small configuation change. Note that only one of the most recent builds of ffdshow is capable of playing this file. If you do not see this option, then upgrade your ffdshow to the version that xris recommends (or higher).

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-20, 16:50   Link #11
red_comet

[QUOTE=NoSanninWa]Actually it does solve the problem with one small configuation change. Note that only one of the most recent builds of ffdshow is capable of playing this file. If you do not see this option, then upgrade your ffdshow to the version that xris recommends (or higher).

Dosn't work.................................
Old 2004-09-20, 16:57   Link #12
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually it does solve the problem with one small configuation change. Note that only one of the most recent builds of ffdshow is capable of playing this file. If you do not see this option, then upgrade your ffdshow to the version that xris recommends (or higher).

ffdshow is able to decode what's inside the MP4 file just fine, it just can't read the .mp4 stream so you'll need to install this (3ivx splitter) to get the file to play. You could also use VideoLan which (plays .mp4 without any additional codecs (well, atleast it should).
Old 2004-09-20, 16:59   Link #13
red_comet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz
This is not a question of having the wrong codecs. ffdshow is able to decode what's inside the MP4 file just fine, it just can't read the .mp4 stream.

You'll need to install this (3ivx splitter) to get it working.
How much more stuff must i download, install, then unistall untill it works>
Old 2004-09-20, 17:01   Link #14
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
How much more stuff must i download, install, then unistall untill it works>
Well, uninstalling divx wasn't strictly required. Neither was installing ffdshow. It's just that people around here prefer ffdshow for some fairly good reasons.

Anyway, just install the 3ivx thing and it should work.
Old 2004-09-20, 17:14   Link #15
red_comet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz
Well, uninstalling divx wasn't strictly required. Neither was installing ffdshow. It's just that people around here prefer ffdshow for some fairly good reasons.

Anyway, just install the 3ivx thing and it should work.

Ok, installed it but it only plays on the oldest version of windows media player ever existing. so i'm gonna say screw it an i'm just gonna download the 1-10 version. I've already wasted enough time.