AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-28, 20:53   Link #561
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

@reaper i hope not truthfully id like to see him end up with all the girls lol thats just me though

@chad i dont think she'll be the sister...at least i hope not lol
Old 2012-07-28, 20:58   Link #562
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Wow, Oda Nobuna no Yabou has almost every type of Romance and characters that people love. Yuri, Lolicons, Tsundere, Split Personality, and Traps. Wait there was a 27 years old pirate that is a Shotacon I believe, so there is everything in here for someone to like.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-07-28 at 22:03.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:00   Link #564
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Niwa Nagahide, she is the tactician of the Oda Clan. She also happens to be the eldest among the girls at age 20. She is usually happy, cheerful, and sometimes serious when the time comes. I don't know how the other personality activates, but I do know this.

Niwa is usually this
Spoiler for Niwa Normal:

Niwa's other side
Spoiler for Niwa's Other Side:
Old 2012-07-28, 22:12   Link #565
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

haha sagara should get with her lol
Old 2012-07-28, 22:35   Link #566
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Ah it's Niwa. Sorry there are so many characters it's hard to keep up a bit.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:51   Link #567
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There are not many female characters I believe, at best I think there are 14 or more. All of them got pretty distinguish features. Especially among Daimyos. Even minor or supporting characters you can pretty much find who is who. Like Louise Francis, aka the Christian Nun who have very very very Large Breasts with Blond hair who also seems to think her body is unattractive.
Spoiler for Louise Francis:
Old 2012-07-28, 22:58   Link #568
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Which one has the split personality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Niwa Nagahide, she is the tactician of the Oda Clan. She also happens to be the eldest among the girls at age 20. She is usually happy, cheerful, and sometimes serious when the time comes. I don't know how the other personality activates, but I do know this.

Niwa is usually this
Spoiler for Niwa Normal:

Niwa's other side
Spoiler for Niwa's Other Side:

neh, Niwa doesn't have a real split-personality, she's just a "haraguroi" character. The type of character who is sweet/cute innocent on the outside but black (scheming, serious, calculating, and/or sadistic) inside.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:01   Link #569
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
neh, Niwa doesn't have a real split-personality, she's just a "haraguroi" character. The type of character who is sweet/cute innocent on the outside but black (scheming, serious, calculating, and/or sadistic) inside.
I think that defines a somewhat different personality. Where ones hides a part of yourself then exposes it in a type of situation.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:05   Link #570
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:
There are not many female characters I believe, at best I think there are 14 or more. All of them got pretty distinguish features. Especially among Daimyos. Even minor or supporting characters you can pretty much find who is who. Like Louise Francis, aka the Christian Nun who have very very very Large Breasts with Blond hair who also seems to think her body is unattractive.
Spoiler for Louise Francis:
SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS! how does she not think shes unattractive?
Old 2012-07-28, 23:07   Link #571
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS! how does she not think shes unattractive?
She believes that a developed body is unattractive. From your reaction Sapper, I think you will agree that she got a very very stacked and developed body. She is very developed and that is why she thinks that way.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:13   Link #572
Mechatrill

On Niwa:

The title given for that pic, I think, is a bit misleading.

I can't be sure, seeing as how none of the Chinese versions I found had pictures embedded with the text. Still, given the picture and its general placement in the sequence of pictures, I think this is the actual context for it:

Spoiler:

I didn't have this part as part of my summary of vol 2 (it was a relatively minor scene and I don't really remember where exactly it fitted in), so it's understandable if you guys got the wrong idea and thought Niwa had a split personality. She doesn't, not from what I've read thus far anyways...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 23:18   Link #573
justpassingby

^ Yes you're correct, the picture is when Manchiyo stopped Nagamasa.

I think the split personality character you guys were thinking was Juubei
Old 2012-07-28, 23:21   Link #574
Undertaker

Quote:
I think that defines a somewhat different personality. Where ones hides a part of yourself then exposes it in a type of situation.

I agree, it's just that when I hear split-personality as a character type, my instinct is that they literally have a split personality independent of each other. For example Kozue Aoba in Mahoraba.

In Niwa's case even in her cheerful mode, you can feel she's calculating something behind, similar to Suiseiseki from Rozan Maiden or Lacus from SEED, who are both considered as haraguroi.

But I got to say I love Niwa's niche on grading everything Oda side is doing or planning, although it is a bit weird logically when she gave a low score yet does not offer any advice.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:24   Link #575
Mechatrill

Quote:
She believes that a developed body is unattractive. From your reaction Sapper, I think you will agree that she got a very very stacked and developed body. She is very developed and that is why she thinks that way.
Well, I think the Japanese idealization of beauty for that time period is in a slim body, which Francis... Doesn't quite qualify for...

I think, and I'm not too sure on this so don't quote me, there was also something about how Francis was told that a large chest temps men, and being a Jesuit, that kind of thing is generally heavily discouraged.

Of course, the MC had to turn that around and state that a bountiful chest brings men happiness. Which was one of the arguments he used to try to boost her self-esteem.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:29   Link #576
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

@reaper please tell me shes in the harem (yes im going to start calling this a harem cause deep down thats waht he really wants lmfao idk)
Old 2012-07-28, 23:43   Link #577
Mechatrill

As of volume 5, I don't think she really is...

I tend to be conservative when it comes down to romantic relationships, but this is how I've seen it. Francis does have some amount of feeling toward the MC, but those feelings, to me, feel like it's motivated by pure kindness (she really takes to the goodwill toward all mankind part of her teachings) and friendship (with a bit of admiration mixed in) than any sort of romantic inclination (although, to be fair, since she's a nun, she'd suppress anything of the sort right away, so...).

Of course, this is just up to volume 5. She's only been introduced in vol 3. In 4, the MC was off covering the retreat while she's still in Kyoto (I think?), and in 5, the MC's off in Ise and then ran off to the battlegrounds between Shingen and Tokugawa while she's probably still in Kyoto. So yeah, other than vol 3, she hasn't had much interactions with the MC.

This might very well change in vol 6-9, but I haven't read those, so...
Old 2012-07-28, 23:46   Link #578
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Well, I think the Japanese idealization of beauty for that time period is in a slim body, which Francis... Doesn't quite qualify for...

I think, and I'm not too sure on this so don't quote me, there was also something about how Francis was told that a large chest temps men, and being a Jesuit, that kind of thing is generally heavily discouraged.

Of course, the MC had to turn that around and state that a bountiful chest brings men happiness. Which was one of the arguments he used to try to boost her self-esteem.
Doesn't really have anything to do with Japanese's idealization of beauty at time.

It was what you mention that is the main cause, that people are staring at her rack (naturally) and saying things like that "huge breast is evil", "it's temptation from the devils and demons" that sort of things by priests and monks both in her home country and after she arrived in Japan. Of course, Saru's sets the record straight.

@sapper: So far there is no sign that Francis is having romantic feeling, though she does consider Saru as a good friend and a kind person.

EDIT:

Mechatrill posted before I did, but completely agree with his analysis there.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:52   Link #579
Sumeragi
Banned

And I'm getting my blood pressure rising due to all this questions/comments about "Is someone in the harem? I hope she's in the harem!". As much as Monkey is ecchi at times, he is mostly pretty serious with what he does, and picking up girls is quite a bit down the list.

And here's the thing: Unlike say Zero no Tsukaima, it's the relative casualness of Nobuna that Monkey is able to get away with what he has done. Unlike a medieval Europe or the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the social structure is very rigid, and thus for any girls trying to romance him outside of Nobuna, Juubei, and Nene, it is going to be a large barrier to overcome.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 00:00   Link #580
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
And I'm getting my blood pressure rising due to all this questions/comments about "Is someone in the harem? I hope she's in the harem!". As much as Monkey is ecchi at times, he is mostly pretty serious with what he does, and picking up girls is quite a bit down the list.

And here's the thing: Unlike say Zero no Tsukaima, it's the relative casualness of Nobuna that Monkey is able to get away with what he has done. Unlike a medieval Europe or the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the social structure is very rigid, and thus for any girls trying to romance him outside of Nobuna, Juubei, and Nene, it is going to be a large barrier to overcome.
My guess is that he's just way to busy to go skirt-chasing. I mean, when you have major military-events every other day, who has time to flirt?
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem