AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-08-06, 13:58   Link #21
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
The interesting thing about the Disney-Tokuma Deal is that aside from certain previous movies, Disney also owns the North American rights to all future movies.

Even more interesting is the fact that shortly after securing the deal, Disney fired half of it's in house animators...
I think this has more to do with the success of movies coming out of Pixar more than anything. CG movies are doing way better than the traditional Disney animated movies.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 03:02   Link #22
Angel Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
I agree that Ghibli's works rate very highly, at least in my mind. Mononoke is the Ghibli movie I watch the most, since I own the DVD, I've watched it about.. 7 times or so. I'm wanting to own Spirited Away, but right now it's 40 CAD. Definitely abit too high priced.

Pretty amazing how Ghibli's Howl's Moving Castle will be released Fall 2004, along with Macross Zero final episode and other potentially great series like the new Oh! My Goddess series. God. Looks like the end of 2004 will be very promising

I can't wait for the "Oh! My Goddess" series!
Oh, my favorite Ghibli film is "Kiki's Delivery Service" I can watch "Kiki" over and over. I just really like this story. I wish I could read Japanese. I saw the actual book once.
Angel Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 17:28   Link #23
Aquillion

Howl no Ugoku Shiro / Howl's Moving Castle

I just noticed this movie listed on Animenfo. Diana Wynne Jones was one of my favorite authors as a kid, and this movie is based on one of her more famous children's novels. Oh, yes, and the movie is by Studio Ghibli.

For those who never read it, it's about a girl who gets cursed with old age by a witch and ends up accepting a job as a servant for Howl, a magician who lives in a flying castle.

Anyway, does anyone have any more information about this?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-11 at 01:00. Reason: Threads merged
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 19:21   Link #24
magicalpenguin

I've been very eagerly looking forward to this. It was one of my favorite books; I could hardly believe it when I heard there was going to be an anime movie!
All I really know is that it's coming out late fall this year. It was mentioned in a Wired magazine article, along with a nice pic of the castle. I can scan it in and post it, if you like.
I'm so happy Ghibli is doing it. Pinch me, I'm dreaming.
magicalpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 05:30   Link #25
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I am really looking forward to this.I've being reading a lot of the reviews of the premiere which happened on sunday at the Venice Film Festival and the general response is it is another Miyaka masterpiece.

I'm quite a fan of Diana Wynee Jones too, her Chrestomanci books are amongst my favourite, so all round this will be a bit of a winner for me. Unfortunately it'll be early 2005 before the R2 DVD comes out...oh well, the soundtrack(s) help to fill the gap in the meantime.

Spoiler for don't read if you haven't read the book!:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 13:53   Link #26
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Me too I love her books so much They are so interesting and funny. Petter than a certain over rated series. I hope Miyazaki does more of her books. I forgot is there a dog in the book? I remember in the sequal a cat....
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 13:58   Link #27
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I am really looking forward to this.I've being reading a lot of the reviews of the premiere which happened on sunday at the Venice Film Festival and the general response is it is another Miyaka masterpiece.

I'm quite a fan of Diana Wynee Jones too, her Chrestomanci books are amongst my favourite, so all round this will be a bit of a winner for me. Unfortunately it'll be early 2005 before the R2 DVD comes out...oh well, the soundtrack(s) help to fill the gap in the meantime.

Spoiler for don't read if you haven't read the book!:
I love the Chrestomanci books too they are great, They are so hilarious LOL it would be a great anime movie series or a show

Did you hear the movie got a 5 minute applause at the end 0_0 http://asia.news.yahoo.com/040906/kyodo/d84tr6lg0.html
Old 2004-09-10, 14:00   Link #28
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Me too I love her books so much They are so interesting and funny. Petter than a certain over rated series. I hope Miyazaki does more of her books. I forgot is there a dog in the book? I remember in the sequal a cat....
Spoiler for about the dog:
Old 2004-09-10, 14:06   Link #29
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Spoiler for about the dog:

oh ok now I remember ^-^

here is a page that has the miyazaki version http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...oving_castle_1 (spilers on site) DUH
Old 2004-09-10, 14:33   Link #30
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
oh ok now I remember ^-^

here is a page that has the miyazaki version http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...oving_castle_1 (spilers on site) DUH
Thanks for the link.

Huh? I hope that's an error by Yahoo saying...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-10, 16:24   Link #31
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Leo_Otaku, it actually got (I think) an over 6 minute standing ovation...And Miyazaki wasn't even at the festival.....! They said it was health-related....prolly his smoking...
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 22:50   Link #32
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. I already posted about this a few weeks back. The rumored premier of the movie stateside is 2nd week of December. That's the latest rumor I've heard, but I haven't seen any advertising to back it up yet.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 16:41   Link #33
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Yay, Howl's Moving Castle has won the The Osella Award for technical achievement at the Venice Film Festival,
Old 2004-09-12, 06:49   Link #34
Kensuke

I have to wait full year before it comes to the theatres in here, september 2005...

Studio Ghibli movies are my favorites, and the best are Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind and Porco Rosso.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 07:03   Link #35
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Howl's Moving Castle

Howl's Moving Castle Official Website!
Release date: 11/20/04

Decided to meander up to the website today to find out the release date (I had forgotten what it was) and noticed that it's no longer just a movie poster, but a fully interactive website complete with a very cute splash picture. Since there's only 10 more days till the movie, I think it's fair to say that it's time to start discussing it. Given what the original poster and this splash picture look like I'm really excited about this movie and can't wait for it to come to the theatres...especially stateside. ^_^

If one of you wonderful people in Japan happen to see it when it comes out, please, oh please tell us what you thought of it, and you're welcome to provide spoilers if you'd like too. hehe.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 17:24   Link #36
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

There is a new long version trailer out. The trailer is quite interesting, the best part is with Howl freaking out with his orange hair ^-^(he dyes it alot).

http://www.darkhorizons.com/trailers.php

from the plot here http://www.darkhorizons.com/2005/howlsmovingcastle.php

it seems they have changed how she became and old lady and did they leave her two sisters out?
Old 2004-11-10, 17:42   Link #37
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
There is a new long version trailer out. The trailer is quite interesting, the best part is with Howl freaking out with his orange hair ^-^(he dyes it alot).
He has three different hair colors in the preview alone.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 17:46   Link #38
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

I just noticed that now, some people may get confused LOL.
Old 2004-11-10, 18:54   Link #39
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

This is a movie where I would actually prefer to watch it in English rather than endure Kimura Takuya's some-higher-being awful voice acting as Howl.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 19:02   Link #40
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
This is a movie where I would actually prefer to watch it in English rather than endure Kimura Takuya's some-higher-being awful voice acting as Howl.
He is that bad wow

In the book Howl is quite full of himself ^-^"

I'm not sure what to think

Tags
ghibli